FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

XIOM V1 review.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XIOM V1 review.
    Posted: 03/19/2010 at 2:36am
The XIOM company's synopsis of this blade is as follows:

"Xiom V1 is a light, thin, and fast carbon blade for Chinese-style players. The surface is high quality walnut for direct and compact feel. This blade is designed for Chinese players who play close to table because it is fast, but easy to use and control. This blade is hard, direct, and gives good control over passive or active blocks.

T
arget Players:
- Close-to-table topspin players (such as Chinese players).
- Players who like fast attack with hard smash and block.
- Players who want different feel from Stradivarius or Timo Boll Spirit.
- Young players who need fast but light blade.
"

This is so accurate and concise that I'm tempted to say no more. However, we all know that I'm a verbose jackass so me keeping quiet isn't likely to happen. Pig

I've been playing with this blade for a couple days now (approximately eight hours) with Neo H3 on my FH and Coppa Platin on my BH. Normally I play with all wood blades, but XIOM is a company for whom I have a soft spot so I figured if I'm going to once again try a composite blade then it might as well be the V1. So far I can say this: It is a weird blade... Shocked (But so far, in a good way.)

As the sales pitch says, it is light, fast, and controllable. In the last two days  I have a much improved win rate against my friend (who is a 1700-1800 player). Granted, the cause of this success is confounded by some recently improved technique. It could also simply be luck. Nonetheless, I am definitely intrigued.

When I first glued some rubbers on it, I was not thrilled. Carbon blades feel almost like toys to me. They don't have the "meat and potatoes" feel of all-wood blades, IMO. This was slightly exaggerated by the stiffer outer walnut ply. However, when hitting I immediately noticed some improved control. Also, the lightness of the blade facilitates a very quick recovery and my forehand rallies improved a lot.

This blade blocks nicely, as it's fairly stiff (also, very little vibration). Yet, it's also thin (5.4mm) so when I really open up and smack it there is enough flex to generate some dwell and very nice spin.

I've only been playing TT for a little more than 2.5 years, so my knowledge is often increasing and my perception and desires are therefore often fluctuating. I used to think I liked a lot of vibration. However, I've discerned that there are two types of vibration--head vibration and handle vibration. (Has anyone else observed this, or am I a lunatic? Perhaps both?) Anyway, I now know that I don't care for head vibration. I do like some handle vibration though. This blade does a great job in both regards; the head has little-to-no vibration, but the handle gives some very nice feedback. The "weirdness" I mentioned previously is precisely in the blade's feel. Tonight, I finally put my finger on what it is:

It feels like playing with a hard bat! Wacko

Don't get me wrong, it's able to generate plenty of spin, especially with Chinese rubber. But the combination of its semi-rigidity, its lightness, and its sharp feel reminded me of the first six months I played TT... with a hard bat.

And I must say... I like it!

It does lack some punch in the long game, but with the increased control, at my level I think it's a fair trade. (And after all, it is aimed at close-to-table fast attackers.) I don't know if the novelty of this blade's feel will eventually wear off, or if the V1 will become my replacement blade, eventually usurping my Ebenholz NCT V. It's too early to say now, although part of me hopes that it is the case. At $85, I think it's priced quite reasonably for its quality and it's easily competitive with a lot of carbon blades on the market. 

What I will "predict" for now is that, once a few more people try this blade out, it will be a blade that people either absolutely love or completely despise. I don't think there will be a middle ground. But I could be wrong.

Whatever the case, I'm having a lot of fun with it now. I'll try to update this review as my experience evolves. Thumbs%20Up

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Sponsored Links

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I've only been playing TT for a little more than 2.5 years, so my knowledge is often increasing and my perception and desires are therefore often fluctuating.

Very nice review, thank you very much !
As for the fluctuating perception, it is indeed a "weird" subject. After 30 years of variable EJing (sometimes peak crisis, sometimes very quiet...), I realised that the more you try blades the more your taste changes.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 3:15am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Very nice review, thank you very much !
As for the fluctuating perception, it is indeed a "weird" subject. After 30 years of variable EJing (sometimes peak crisis, sometimes very quiet...), I realised that the more you try blades the more your taste changes.

You're certainly welcome! Big%20smile

I'm hoping that the more I try, the more my tastes are refined, so that I can (eventually) settle on one setup and stop spending money. LOL But I have a feeling that EJ-ing is like an addiction--the more I do it, the more I'm going to want to do it.

Ultimately, I think it's going to take a strong act of will to pull myself out, rather than arriving at some "ideal" setup. However, I feel like I've gained some knowledge and I do seem to be closing in on a somewhat "ideal" setup. Perhaps in another month or so...?

Which brings me back to the topic: I'm really digging this V1. I hope it lasts. I'd like to hear some other opinions on this blade...

Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 3:30am
Anton now has demonstrated a love for redheads
(wait... was that private?)  };-p"

& now

darker faced lovelies!
Scarlett Johansson is a fair skinned beauty!

Let us have no talk of "sweet spots"!

Thank You!
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:22am
Fast but light is usually powerless.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Fast but light is usually powerless.

Personally, the word "powerless" seems a bit strong. But, I think I know what you're saying, and yes, it is lacking some power when compared to the EbV, Tenor, and HK655.

Compared to the Clipper, the V1 is a little kitty cat.

But as I said in my review, at my level I'm willing to sacrifice some power for control. This may not ultimately be the blade with which I make such a sacrifice. (If it's not, then I'm hoping it's the penultimate. Stern%20Smile) And, for now, it's still fun.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 3:46pm
Another little bit, regarding the power of the blade:

Upon playing with it further, I am very happy with how quick, controllable, and maneuverable this blade is. Further from the table is not bad either. The good thing is that in order to get the power I want I'm forced to generate more forward momentum, which is good for me as it pertains to learning consistent and proper technique. If my stroke is "correct", even off the table this blade is satisfying--and it keeps me honest.

For those with great technique and who are using things like the Amultart or Mitzutani Jun, you won't be impressed by this blade. For those who are lower level (below 1800, let's say) then I don't think this blade will disappoint.

I recently purchased a TBS in order to compare these two. I'm excited by the V1 and I want to see how it measures up to the "legendary" TBS, since XIOM explicitly says the V1 is meant to be its competitor. It'll probably be a week or so before I receive the TBS and another week before I can get a good feel for it. I hope to update this post with a comparison between the two in a couple weeks.

Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:49pm
The EJ in me says I need to own at least one Xiom blade. They have excellent workmanship and are really well made and good looking.
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
spitfire View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Ranger-man Ranger-man wrote:

The EJ in me says I need to own at least one Xiom blade. They have excellent workmanship and are really well made and good looking.
what have you done anton....Dead
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 5:13pm
Great review!  Don't stop, keep being more verbose!  Your descriptive writing style is EXACTLY the kind of detail I look for in reviews.

Ranger-man, I know what you mean.  I drool over XIOM gear.  The craftsmanship, the look, oh my.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 5:29pm
To all who are interested in XIOM products, I think rightfully so. Certainly in terms of craftsmanship, these blades are on par with any company out there.

In terms of playability, well of course a lot of that is subjective... and at least some of that subjectivity falls prey to marketing and "peer pressure".

Everyone says Butterfly is the best, so anything less than Butterfly must be inferior, right? Not necessarily, and I think XIOM is beginning to demonstrate that. That isn't to say that Butterfly doesn't produce some great products, because they do. They've been in the game for a while. Yet, I speculate that XIOM will inevitably become a primary competitor of Butterfly. I'm fairly certain that's where the company has set its sights and once it gets its legs underneath it a bit more then hopefully the competition will work to deflate some of Butterfly's inflated prices.  Clap

P.S. One more bit on the V1: It probably can be easily inferred by both the composition of the blade and from my review, but it should be noted that the V1 has a very hard and sharp feel to it. For those who like such a feel, then you will certainly enjoy this blade. For those who prefer a softer feel, you will want to maintain a wide berth.

Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 2:07pm
Anton, I have long played with Butterfly products. But I have also used products, namely blades and rubbers made by other companies like Yasaka, Donic, Nittaku, Stiga, Galaxy, Friendship and Dawei. I might have missed a nem or two but you get my point. And I do believe that even if Butterfly is the best, (a point which I am sure many would like to debate) it won't be the case five years down the road, maybe sooner, maybe a little later.

And Xiom I think is going to be one of the catch up. When I say catch up, I am not necessarily saying they need to become as good as Butterfly, or any of the other old brands like Nittaku and Yasaka, they need time to convince people they are just as good.

Because from the look of the blades, from holding them in my hands and the finish and the perfect finish, I believe Xiom is already right up there.

I had a chance to look at some blades up close and personal at a local retailer and I was drooling. This may sound really cheesy and silly, but they were almost so beautiful, I wanted to not hide the blade face by putting on rubbers.

And to your "PS" Anton, I would probably want something a bit more flexible than the V1, but then, until I play with it, I can't say, I might fall in love with it like you did.
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 3:21pm

I speculate that XIOM will inevitably become a primary competitor of Butterfly. I'm fairly certain that's where the company has set its sights and once it gets its legs underneath it a bit more then hopefully the competition will work to deflate some of Butterfly's inflated prices.  Clap

Xiom products, blades especially are not any cheaper than Butterfly blades.  In some instances, Xiom blades are more expensive.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

I speculate that XIOM will inevitably become a primary competitor of Butterfly. I'm fairly certain that's where the company has set its sights and once it gets its legs underneath it a bit more then hopefully the competition will work to deflate some of Butterfly's inflated prices.  Clap

Xiom products, blades especially are not any cheaper than Butterfly blades.  In some instances, Xiom blades are more expensive.

With all due respect, Rich215, I'm not sure I can agree with that; although, there may be a few exceptions where I can.

For example:

The V1 that I reviewed says directly in the company's summary that it's supposed to compete with (or be an alternative to) the Butterfly TBS.

V1 = $80-$85 on various websites; TBS = $100 on all the websites I encountered.

The Timo Boll ALC = $140 and it's the cheapest of the new Timo Boll composite series. It is more expensive than even the Strato, Axelo, and Ignito. Those cost $95, and I think at least one of them is supposed to be a competitor for the Amultart, which costs $200.

Even the new Zetro Quad costs $115, which is cheaper than the Photino ($164), or really any of the newer Butterfly composite blades (carbon, carbon/arylate, zylon, etc), which all average around $160.

With the exception of the RSM jpen and cpen series, there isn't an XIOM blade that costs more than $115--and most of them cost less. Almost every single Butterfly blade that is similar in construction costs not just a little more ($5 or $10) but a lot more ($35 to $85).

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 4:41pm
Yes...obviously there are exceptions.....but Xiom's line of blades is about 10% the size of Butterfly's offerings.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 4:44pm

Yes...obviously there are exceptions.....but Xiom's line of blades is about 10% the size of Butterfly's offerings.

Absolutely, but I think we could both agree that's a function of time in the market. That's why I said "once XIOM gets its legs underneath it", or something like that.

They certainly need more variety (without skimping on the quality).

But in terms of quality (and prices), I think XIOM is very competitive with Butterfly.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 4:47pm

Absolutely, but I think we could both agree that's a function of time in the market. That's why I said "once XIOM gets its legs underneath it", or something like that.

They certainly need more variety (without skimping on the quality).

But in terms of quality (and prices), I think XIOM is very competitive with Butterfly.

Yes I would definitely agree with you on quality of Xiom products being on par.  

OH...also....I lost count on how many manufactures have a blade called "V1" now....lol   seems like 6-8 at least.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Ranger-man Ranger-man wrote:

...Xiom I think is going to be one of the catch up. When I say catch up, I am not necessarily saying they need to become as good as Butterfly, or any of the other old brands like Nittaku and Yasaka, they need time to convince people they are just as good...

I think that's precisely it. A lot of people are skeptical of the "new kid in town", which is understandable--especially when there are a few companies that are dependable. Why try something new?

But sometimes it pays off to take a risk. If I can get a super-nice composite blade for $115, then why would I want to get a blade that is of equal quality from someone else for $165? Once a few more people start taking the "risk" of buying from the new guy, I think word will spread. Also, once XIOM gets a bit more variety in their line up.

Unfortunately, then what will probably happen is that, instead of the prices of Buttefly blades going down, XIOM prices will probably go up! Cry

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 6:41pm
Xiom blades are great.  No doubt about it.  
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 6:58pm
if youve found a blade that you personally enjoy, does not underperform in some key way, and is not too fast for you, why not stick with it?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by walleyeguy7 walleyeguy7 wrote:

if youve found a blade that you personally enjoy, does not underperform in some key way, and is not too fast for you, why not stick with it?

You are underestimating the power of the EJ virus... It thrives on novelty... and money. Dead

despoticwalnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote despoticwalnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 7:15pm
Perfect candidate for your next EJ treatment.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33139
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 7:37pm
Is this a new blade, I have never seen it before, I actually thought you were confusing it with the Stiga V1.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Is this a new blade, I have never seen it before, I actually thought you were confusing it with the Stiga V1.

Not confused... This is a new Xiom blade, in addition to the Zetro Quad, V1 Quad, Solo, and others.

Big%20smile
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 10:48pm

I recently purchased a TBS in order to compare these two. I'm excited by the V1 and I want to see how it measures up to the "legendary" TBS, since XIOM explicitly says the V1 is meant to be its competitor.

Anton, I hope you ordered a TBS that is close to its median weight, did you?
Otherwise you might get something that plays nothing like a real TBS.
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2010 at 11:16pm
Anton...just curious...This blade is a composite blade, but do you know the layers, besides the walnut top layer? Also, do you know what type of carbon it is? like arylate or tamca or zlc/zlf? thanks
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2010 at 12:18am
A few more words about this blade, and to address the two recent comments:

7plywood: Although I said "purchased" in the past tense, it turned out that the site from which I purchased it was out of stock... as was every site I could find. So I ended up buying a Visacaria, as I've heard good things about it. It turns out that the V1 and the Viscaria are both the same thickness and have the same amount of plies (although the wood is different). Hopefully it's still a valid comparison. The mean weight of the Viscaria is 90g, I think, and mine weighs 89g. Close enough.

Bumpernets: XIOM uses their own carbon, called "Energy Carbon". It's supposed to better preserve the "woody" feel than other carbons without being a "soft carbon". I don't think I have a refined enough feel to really notice though. Feels fine to me, but I can't say it's better or worse than others. The new Zetro Quad uses carbon and zylon.

In general, I really like this blade. I have much improved control and I'm liking the muffled vibration of the carbon. I haven't put this blade aside since I got it. However, the more I play with it the more I realize that, although it's a great blade, it won't be for everyone. It is very, very light. My normal setups (using Neo H3 and Coppa Platin) weigh around 185g. This same rubber setup on the V1 weighs 167g. I like the weight for a quicker stroke recovery and I find the blade to be plenty fast. But for those who don't care for light blades, this ain't the one for you.
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2010 at 1:05am
Isn't Viscaria 5.8mm vs V1's 5.4mm thickness? Those are 2 totally different blades I think. Viscaria is med-softish. Not stiff and crisp. The V1 reminds me of a Rutis, or maybe its closer to a ULC blade than a Arylate/Carbon blade.

And I think Strativarius is supposed to be the answer to the TBS... They are both 5.7mm thick, they both have koto outer plies, and the Aramid Carbon in the Strati is closer to Arylate/Carbon than Energy Carbon is.

At this point I think all companies would like to be Butterfly's competition. Xiom makes high quality products for sure. Excellent finish. I would agree that they are the most likely company to eat into BTY's market share for high-end composite blades, if they aren't already. (Samsung/Sony? Hundai/Honda?) On the other hand, I've tried the Strato and the Ignito and I wasn't impressed... Ignito was lifeless and Strato was ridiculously stiff and fast. (Its a true carbon blade, so that's to be expected.) I want to try some of their non-energy carbon blades, such as the Zetro Quad and Strativarius. I'm sure there's something out there I will like to play with.

bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2010 at 1:15am
I play almost the same weight set up. Iolite neo w/ neo h3 and hexer weighs 165.
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2010 at 2:08am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Isn't Viscaria 5.8mm vs V1's 5.4mm thickness? Those are 2 totally different blades I think. Viscaria is med-softish. Not stiff and crisp. The V1 reminds me of a Rutis, or maybe its closer to a ULC blade than a Arylate/Carbon blade.

And I think Strativarius is supposed to be the answer to the TBS... They are both 5.7mm thick, they both have koto outer plies, and the Aramid Carbon in the Strati is closer to Arylate/Carbon than Energy Carbon is.

At this point I think all companies would like to be Butterfly's competition. Xiom makes high quality products for sure. Excellent finish. I would agree that they are the most likely company to eat into BTY's market share for high-end composite blades, if they aren't already. (Samsung/Sony? Hundai/Honda?) On the other hand, I've tried the Strato and the Ignito and I wasn't impressed... Ignito was lifeless and Strato was ridiculously stiff and fast. (Its a true carbon blade, so that's to be expected.) I want to try some of their non-energy carbon blades, such as the Zetro Quad and Strativarius. I'm sure there's something out there I will like to play with.

With respect to width, apparently my eyes cannot discern 2/10 of a millimeter. When I held them up together they looked the same width. With respect to feel, you may be right, but I don't know how the Viscaria feels until I play with it. However, I do know that the V1 is meant to be an XIOM alternative to the TBS, precisely because that's what they say in their sales pitch.

I haven't played with a composite blade for a long time, so having anything to compare to the V1 will be informative. :-)

EDIT: oops, I mean 4/10 of a mm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic