Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TB ALC or TB ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TB ALC or TB ZLC
    Posted: 04/11/2010 at 7:40pm
Hi table tennis players, how are you?

I currently play with the following combination: YEO + FH T05 + BH BSpeed

I have to admit that bryce speed was a stubbornness purchase, because I do not like rubbers with low angle, but wanted to see the speed that everyone talks,
really bryce speed is VERY fast, but low angle and low spin I don't like.

I never played with a carbon blade,so I will buy one to test, I'm doubt between TB ALC and TB ZLC;

I really like the catapult effect and the high angle that tenergy produces, I like to look at opponent side of table to see the parabola effect, independently of my choice I will use T05 on both sides.

so, which is the differences between YEO - ALC and YEO - ZLC

Between ZLC and ALC, which is better for:

- Catapult effect
- High Angle
- Great feeling
- Great speed and spin
- Good control
Sponsored Links

keven702 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keven702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2010 at 7:45pm
If your going for the ALC mind as well get the TBS since it is cheaper and practically the same blade and both are phenomenal with the T05. But some say the ALC is customized for the use of Tenergy series but its just speculations
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2010 at 7:56pm

I wouldn't go with zlc. it is very rigid blade and lacks feeling and worse control than alc. People say the limited edition is better.

Get the tb alc. if the tb alc is good it is better blade for tenergy than tbs.

tbs and tb alc are not the same blade. similar but not the same.

i would go with the big 20 $ more investment. 

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2010 at 7:56pm
i've played with the timo boll spirit and tenergy 05 very nice feeling combogood but cheaper investment
Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 1:18pm
which is more bounce? for a better catapult effect, zlc or alc?
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Kaoendry Kaoendry wrote:

zlc
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

zlc

+1

I personally prefer the zlc over the alc, because I like the response I get more than the one of the alc. I only played with the zlc for about four hours and it was some time ago, but I prefer the Mizutani; even better feedback and even more catapult.
However, my advice would be to get the alc, because it seems that overall more people like the feeling of arylate/carbon (including the pros). You can't really go wrong, no matter which one you pick.
spidey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spidey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 6:04pm
the ALC has better feel and control due to the arylate/carbon and it plays with almost any rubber. of course best with T05. as for ZLC it too fast and lacks the control unless you have a very good hand feel and able to tame the speed. Like wise JM is a better option. as you can see you really can't go wrong with a blade like TBS or ALC. it's an allround blade for beginners and pros too. happy TTing!

Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 7:28pm
comparing ALC with a YEO, which will be more easier to do with ALC and what will be harder to do that before I could do more easily with YEO?
LobbedYoud0wn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2010 at 10:32pm

the ALC has no bounce, it feels sorta deadish. its not super slow, but not fast, it just has no catapult feel.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 8:59am

yeah lobbed that is why Timo Boll uses it.

of course, i do not agree at all.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 9:03am
TB ALCThumbs%20Up
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 9:14am
by reading the precise tb alc review above, timo boll must be playing with a mizutani with the handle of a tb alc. Otherwise there is no explanation timo boll using tb alc.

at this rate i think that following the butterflyonline ratings is going to be a better way to have an idea of a blade. lol.
EJ Club.

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

by reading the precise tb alc review above, timo boll must be playing with a mizutani with the handle of a tb alc. Otherwise there is no explanation timo boll using tb alc.

I guess you lack precision in your reading...

at this rate i think that following the butterflyonline ratings is going to be a better way to have an idea of a blade. lol.

Agree, in particular we should thoroughly trust the butterflyonline ratings "catapult", "flexibility", "dwell time" and "vibrations"...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by High_Arc High_Arc wrote:

Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

zlc

+1

I personally prefer the zlc over the alc, because I like the response I get more than the one of the alc. I only played with the zlc for about four hours and it was some time ago, but I prefer the Mizutani; even better feedback and even more catapult.
However, my advice would be to get the alc, because it seems that overall more people like the feeling of arylate/carbon (including the pros). You can't really go wrong, no matter which one you pick.

i have read it several times. Better go to butterfly online ratings. Tongue

unfortunately i went wrong buying zlc. 200 $ wrong.
EJ Club.

bros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 12:06pm
I was using YEO,and now I'm happy with my TBS
I think YEO & TBS have same control, just speed and catapult feel on TBS are great than YEO,maybe ALC have more,and without losing control feel.
FBBT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FBBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 12:48pm

Between ZLC and ALC, which is better for:

- Catapult effect
- High Angle
- Great feeling
- Great speed and spin
- Good control

There seems to be some confusion about these questions, so please let me increase the confusion by adding my opinion (and some more thoughts abouts the Mizutani).

- Catapult effect:
The ZLC (and the Mizutani) have notably more of a catapult effect than the ALC.
This is particularly good when you play at half distance. People speak of a blade having gears. In the short game, you can either like it or not, in general it will be more difficult to play a consistent short game when your setup has more catapult, although I've heard different opinions. (Especially the Mizutani has also low gears and perhaps increases serve/return consistency.)

High angle:
The ALC has a higher throw angle the the ZLC (and Mizutani).

Great feeling:
The answer to this question depends on you. The ZLC (and the Mizutani) are more flexible than the ALC and transmit more vibrations. You get a stronger response of the ball impact on the ZLC (and Mizutani). The ALC is a tiny bit softer than the ZLC (and Mizutani), but the ZLC (and the Mizutani) has a bit more dwell time. Whether you like this or not depends on you. 

Great speed and spin:
The ALC is medium fast in all situations, the ZLC (and the Mizutani) also have a top end gear, meaning overall more speed when you hit hard.
I would say it is easier to put a lot of topspin on opening loops with the ALC, because it is more stable and has less catapult, whereas during rallies you can generate more spin with the ZLC (and Mizutani) due to a higher dwell time and more catapult.

Good control:
In general for sure the ALC, because there is no catapult effect kicking in and the blade is more stable (less flexible). So it behaves more linear and in that sense more predictable. However, the personal impression of the feeling of a blade adds significantly to the control, so no final answer here.

I hope this helps!

FBBT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FBBT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 1:01pm
By the way, I personally prefer the ALC overall (and play with it since a bit more than half a year). Mainly due to its stability, slightly softer feeling and smaller catapult.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 2:57pm

yeah lobbed that is why Timo Boll uses it.

of course, i do not agree at all.

maybe he uses it because he doesn't want a whole bunch of catapult? oh, and that TBS thing that he used for the majority of his career, guess what, also doesn't have much catapult.
Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 6:16pm
thank you guys, you are helping me a lot, I saw that most prefer Mizutani than the ZLC, Mizutani is a better blade than ZLC? By what I read the person takes the ZLC by the factor catapult,since Mizutani has more catapult, makes no sense to get the ZLC right?

how is the trajectory of the ball after hitting the tb alc? flat or parable?

I'm still in doubt on which one to choose, is a good choice replace the feeling and control of ALC for the parable effect of ZLC/Mizutani?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 6:18pm

thank you guys, you are helping me a lot, I saw that most prefer Mizutani than the ZLC, Mizutani is more better blade than ZLC?by what I read the person takes the ZLC by the factor catapult,since Mizutani has more catapult, makes no sense to get the ZLC right?

it's funny, I'm a big fan of Timo Boll, and seeing him play, especially in the european champonship 2009 (my favorite champonship), gives the impression that he uses much the catapult effect.

again, because when I see Timo's playing give me the impression that after the bounce of the ball on the table, it gains speed, unless the Timo use a blade with a differently handle, which combines not so much from him, I think this little probably.

I'm still in doubt on which one to choose, is a good choice replace the feeling and control of ALC for the parable effect of ZLC/Mizutani?

don't judge timo's shots by his blade.
Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by LobbedYoud0wn LobbedYoud0wn wrote:

thank you guys, you are helping me a lot, I saw that most prefer Mizutani than the ZLC, Mizutani is more better blade than ZLC?by what I read the person takes the ZLC by the factor catapult,since Mizutani has more catapult, makes no sense to get the ZLC right?

it's funny, I'm a big fan of Timo Boll, and seeing him play, especially in the european champonship 2009 (my favorite champonship), gives the impression that he uses much the catapult effect.

again, because when I see Timo's playing give me the impression that after the bounce of the ball on the table, it gains speed, unless the Timo use a blade with a differently handle, which combines not so much from him, I think this little probably.

don't judge timo's shots by his blade.

Yeah.
Sorry lobbed I only saw the mistake after I posted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 6:26pm
its not a problem, just wanted to make sure you weren't going to buy something for the wrong reason 
Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 6:46pm
the problem is where I live nobody uses Timo Boll serie, so all the information I will have to purchase will be caught here.

The catapult effect of ZLC/Mizutani is really great?

I would be willing to buy the ZLC, since the catapult effect is a decisive factor.

how would an ZLC with two Tenergy 05, the
course of the ball of ZLC is very flat? because I like the parable effect, after the bounce of the ball on the table, the ball goes up with high speed.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 8:10pm

if you want to loop and play as timo get the tb alc. very good blade to loop and with easier catapult.

the wheel is already invented.

if like driving and smashing with harder catapult then can go to zlc or jm.

the catapult story.  
EJ Club.

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2010 at 9:52pm
ZLC and MJ are for driving and smashing? That's a laugh.
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 2:45am
As a rule I would say:

If you are more of a close to the table player, it is safer to pick the ALC.

If you play more from half-distance and excel in rallies, buy the Mizutani.

Of course, there are exceptions to this rule, but I would guess that this holds for most players which want to buy one of these two wonderful blades.
Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2010 at 9:28pm
thanks to everyone who helped me make the choice of the blade, I bought Timo Boll ALC.

I made this choice because it is a more controllable blade, and at my level have to give much priority to the control so I can evolve properly, hope I like Timo Boll ALC.

Maybe I put photos of her here in the forum =)

Thanks everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic