Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2010.05.30 TOP SPIN Spring Open - Event Date: 05/30/2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2010.05.30 TOP SPIN Spring Open
    Posted: 04/16/2010 at 5:34pm
TOP SPIN Spring Open 2010
Table Tennis Tournament

Organized by: TOP SPIN Table Tennis School

Date: Sunday, May 30, 2010

Location: 7026 Bathurst Street, Thornhill, L4J 8K3 (Bathurst/Steeles) (1 traffic light North of Steeles Ave)

Format: Round Robin of 4 players and 2 advance in each group, followed by straight elimination. Matches will be best 3 of 5 (11-point) games.

Entry form:
uploads/New/20100416_173327_TOPSPINSpringOp.doc

Table Tennis Super Forum - MyTableTennis.NET

Sponsored Links

alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 11:04am

Table Tennis Super Forum - MyTableTennis.NET

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by alexli alexli wrote:

CA"></span></st1:placename></st1:place>7026 Bathurst Street, Thornhill, L4J 8K3 (Bathurst/Steeles) (1 traffic light North of Steeles Ave)Format: Round Robin of 4 players and 2 advance in each group , followed by straight elimination. Matches will be best 3 of 5 (11-point) games.

I think it was not fair to change what they stated in the last minute (or probably even after the beginning of the tournament). For "Open" they have changed to 1 advance without even announcing it.

I have registered to Open after it started. I was told I have this option because somebody did not come.
I knew what group they aim me to so I knew that I had zero chance to be First there but I could try to be second (First was a guy who became 3rd in the competition, but must be 2nd. Master sporta from Ukraine).. After I became second I was told that only one advance...
Anyway, I doubt I would join this group and pay 20$ entrance fee for this category If I knew in advance they change the terms. At least I must be told so!

Not fair! Next time I check for tricks before I rely on what is stated in their declared Format

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2010 at 1:31am
Hopefully they will get better with time
manuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

In fact, this is not a first time they do that, that's why me and some of my friends, which are good players are attending their tournaments.
Manuch
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by manuch manuch wrote:

Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

In fact, this is not a first time they do that, that's why me and some of my friends, which are good players are attending their tournaments.

Absolutely understand Manuch. I have sometimes asked them to improve few aspects but found it discouraging when I had to face similar issues. Choice has been to play or not to play their tournaments, I too have avoided few of them for similar reasons.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic