FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy 05 vs XIOM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2015 at 4:39pm
General is correct. Sigma is a great rubber. Faster and lower throw compared to most omegas.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Sponsored Links

Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Im saying tenergy isnt necessary below 2200 .
You have failed to include your intermediate ej's ratings.
Lol .

Trust me I know I'm rated higher then you 😖
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2015 at 6:16pm

For beginners and intermediate players (Below 2200 usatt) tenergy will ruin your stroke.
How did you come to this conclusion? Are you >2200? Can you give me corresponding numbers for other popular rubbers? Maybe I need to change my rubber so it does not ruin my strokes. Wink
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2015 at 6:17pm

Lol .
We don't have ratings in the UK, but I can assure you that these so-called "intermediates" are somewhat technically incorrect, therefore they EJ in the hope to find a solution, but to no avail.

Tenergy CAN be used below 2200, I started using Tenergy about 6 months into my table tennis journey, and I went through the many EJ stages, until I settled for what I personally think (and frankly the majority of this table tennis community) is the best overall rubber for aggressive play, Tenergy. With the right coaching, which I receive, and still receive twice/three times a week, something as simple as equipment shouldn't be considered a limiting factor to technique.

I have to reiterate that even though your club-mates use Tenergy, and may not be skilled players, it doesn't meant that other people can't start with Tenergy and work their way up. I did, and I don't regret my decision to use Tenergy early. Besides, Tenergy isn't (that) fast with the new plastic ball anyway.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2015 at 11:07pm
ZXi is so expensive atm, how much did u pay urs?

FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2015 at 1:02am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Lol .
We don't have ratings in the UK,.......

Technically we do but it's not administered or matters as much as USA ratings to USA players.
Main differences are;
Players attitude - players here regard ranking and actual performance as more important. That is, who have you beaten in a tournament? What tournaments have you won and when? What was your ranking as a junior? What is your ranking now, top 200, top 100 etc?
Grand Prix tournaments are banded compared to USA where they have under 2000 etc.
Separation between juniors and seniors - In UK your junior ranking points mean nothing to senior ranking points.
Veterans are almost separate again - They (we) have our own association, tournaments and ranking systems. They (we) can play every week for years and not have to compete against any pesky kids.
Also, we refer to Seniors as players who are older than juniors but younger than veterans (>40).
Lastly, our ranking/ratings list are current, in that, it only lists players that have played a ranking tournament in the previous year or so.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2015 at 3:24pm
Lol chopper you seemed to take this discussion very personal. I never stated that my rating is above yours.
We are talking about tenergy, not about you and I.

And for the last time, when a rubber lets you half ass your stroke, 6 month old players will half ass their stroke.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2015 at 3:31pm

Lol chopper you seemed to take this discussion very personal. I never stated that my rating is above yours.
We are talking about tenergy, not about you and I.

And for the last time, when a rubber lets you half ass your stroke, 6 month old players will half ass their stroke.

6 month old players must be extremely precocious toddlers to play table tennis don't you think?

That said, bad players have bad technique, and more because of no coaching than equipment.

Edited by NextLevel - 05/01/2015 at 3:52pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2015 at 3:35pm
@ahsq paid 90 usd for my zxi.
Havent looked back since.

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 1:22am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Just a heads up. Omega 5 Asia is NOT low throw. Anyone that thinks it's low throw has not tried Sigma 2. Omega 5 Asia has a medium throw angle, one might argue medium-high while Tenergy 05 has a very high throw angle.

Hi GeneralSpecific, maybe we cant take it to a different thread but your review  for Omega 5 Asia will be much appreciated.
I will be very interested in comparison to other Omegas (Pro or Tour). 
Throw angle for example: I would say Tour throw is Medium+ 
and I would really love Asia to be Medium++ :)

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Vega Pro compared to Tenergy 05 feels completely lifeless.  It will give you a sense of control but the throw angle is pretty low in comparison and you have will have to change your technique.  People in my club who tried it (2000-2300 T05 users and aficionados of Chinese sponges) did not like it.   It offers no advantages at all in short game as a compensation.  I have no doubt that some people will like it, but it is not a substitute for T05. 

Curious, what do people in your club say about Xiom Sigma Pro 2 ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 1:59am
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Just a heads up. Omega 5 Asia is NOT low throw. Anyone that thinks it's low throw has not tried Sigma 2. Omega 5 Asia has a medium throw angle, one might argue medium-high while Tenergy 05 has a very high throw angle.

Hi GeneralSpecific, maybe we cant take it to a different thread but your review  for Omega 5 Asia will be much appreciated.
I will be very interested in comparison to other Omegas (Pro or Tour). 
Throw angle for example: I would say Tour throw is Medium+ 
and I would really love Asia to be Medium++ :)

Hey Iakovka, I'm sorry but Omega 5 Asia is my very first Omega rubber. I've owned or tried many different Xiom rubbers (Vega Pro, Vega Europe, Vega China, Sigma 1 Pro, Sigma 2 Pro, Sigma 2 Europe, Tau, Musa) but I've never played with any other Omega rubber. However, here is a brief review of my opinion on the rubber:

Excellent rubber. Hard sponge, same as Sigma 2 pro sponge (maybe also Omega 5 pro/tour sponge?). Extremely high grip and elastic topsheet. Medium-high to maybe high throw angle relatively and great at lifting heavy backspin. Capable of producing heavy topspin and sidespin on loops. A very crisp feeling to it. Excellent quality and arc on counterloops. Great for topspin drives. Not the best for flat hits (like Sigma 2 is). Capable of producing heavy spin on serves but can be a little springy. This means that when serving you really need to focus and be precise. If you focus and are precise on your serves then it's an excellent serving rubber. Everything I said above means it's also very sensitive to topspin so you really need to close the angle a lot. At the time of this writing the only thing that will make me change from this is if they make an Omega 6 Asia. This rubber fits my forehand perfectly.

Any other questions please ask and I will be happy to expand or compare to any of the aforementioned rubbers that I've tried.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 6:55am
GeneralSpecific, thanks for the review. I would like to ask how do you rate this rubber speed wise, compared to lets say, Sigma 1/2 Pro, Sigma 2 Euro(my favorite).....also your opinion which one of those you've tried would be the closest to T64? Thanks
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 10:14am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Vega Pro compared to Tenergy 05 feels completely lifeless.  It will give you a sense of control but the throw angle is pretty low in comparison and you have will have to change your technique.  People in my club who tried it (2000-2300 T05 users and aficionados of Chinese sponges) did not like it.   It offers no advantages at all in short game as a compensation.  I have no doubt that some people will like it, but it is not a substitute for T05. 

Curious, what do people in your club say about Xiom Sigma Pro 2 ?

i have used one sheet of sigma 2 pro for two years. Its durable . Fast. Faster than my 1.5 ish year old omega iv pro. Imo its also harder than omega. But i believe their sponge rating is about the same.

Throw imo is lower. I was flicking with it even after two years. Still gave superb results.

@the people comparing vega pro to tenergy anything really. Vega japan comes closest. Some people started using it instead of tenergy because of price. Btw vega japan plays nothing like rest of vega. Xioms representative spoke about it few years back. Its here somewhere in the forum. If I was to paraphrase , it would be something like we put vega japan out to give a much higher quality rubber at a lower price. Plan was to release it under a different line.
Imo i think it would have been omega iv japan lol. That 45 deg sponge would never come with sigma.

I have used two sheets of omega iv pro and one sigma2pro in 4 years. Bout to receive vega japan and omega v pro today. lets see how they par up to my go to xiom rubber omega iv pro.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

GeneralSpecific, thanks for the review. I would like to ask how do you rate this rubber speed wise, compared to lets say, Sigma 1/2 Pro, Sigma 2 Euro(my favorite).....also your opinion which one of those you've tried would be the closest to T64? Thanks

Sigma 1 is not ittf approved anymore. If you compete in ittf sanctioned tournaments, dont be fooled by the cheap price. Xiom probably wasnt making enough money from sigma 1 hence didnt want to pay the fee to keep it approved. Or maybe wanted their consumers to move to more recent rubbers.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

The Sigma 2 rubbers are faster than Omega rubbers in terms of raw speed much in the same way Tenergy 64 is faster Tenergy 05. Sigma 2 is better at flatter hits, blocking, and smash against lob. Sigma 2 Euro is definitely the closest rubber to Tenergy 64. If I were using inverted rubber on my backhand instead of short pips it would definitely be Sigma 2 Euro.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 2:41pm
GS, have you used T05? can u compare it with OVa?
FS:

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

GS, have you used T05? can u compare it with OVa?

I've tried 05 several times on other friend's rackets. They both share some similarities and differences. They are both sensitive to incoming topspin and sidespin requiring a more closed angle and good timing. They both have similar spin on all types of loops. They also both have a very high grip topsheet but I honestly prefer the topsheet of OVA.  OVA has a medium to highish throw angle like I've been saying but 05 still has a noticeably higher throw angle. OVA has a harder sponge and definitely feels much harder over all. The hardness definitely makes it feel very different from any Tenergy and is something I prefer. To me at least, OVA has an extra gear for speed at the very top. By that I mean that on those really REALLY strong, sponge penetrating shots the harder sponge really helps to give it more speed than 05 but other than on those very rare occasions the speed is very similar. One of the main reasons I choose not to use 05 for my forehand is that it feels a bit too soft for my liking. I wish Butterfly made a Tenergy "HD" with a harder spring sponge. I know they've made the sponge already as seen with Spin Art but I don't like Spin Art's topsheet and lower throw angle. I personally don't see any advantage in using 05 for my game. The two rubbers have a different feel and some people may prefer 05 for it's own feeling while others may prefer OVA for it's own feeling. Granted, I'm very far from being a professional but so are at least 99 percent of people giving reviews of equipment. For now and for quite a long time, OVA will be my forehand rubber. If Xiom makes an Omega 6 Asia I will probably switch to that. If Butterfly makes a Tenergy 05 "HD" like I described I would definitely give that a try. Save for those very specific instances I feel no reason to use anything else.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2015 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Lol .
We don't have ratings in the UK,.......

Technically we do but it's not administered or matters as much as USA ratings to USA players.
Main differences are;
Players attitude - players here regard ranking and actual performance as more important. That is, who have you beaten in a tournament? What tournaments have you won and when? What was your ranking as a junior? What is your ranking now, top 200, top 100 etc?
Grand Prix tournaments are banded compared to USA where they have under 2000 etc.
Separation between juniors and seniors - In UK your junior ranking points mean nothing to senior ranking points.
Veterans are almost separate again - They (we) have our own association, tournaments and ranking systems. They (we) can play every week for years and not have to compete against any pesky kids.
Also, we refer to Seniors as players who are older than juniors but younger than veterans (>40).
Lastly, our ranking/ratings list are current, in that, it only lists players that have played a ranking tournament in the previous year or so.
I meant USATT rankings -> can't give an approximation to asifgunz. Yeah we have ratings; but it's mostly Top 100-200 etc, not point-wise.

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2015 at 9:42pm
I dunno, of all the Xiom rubbers I've tried, regular Xiom Vega Pro was best. Baal I'm actually really surprised to hear that. I remember when it came out, William Henzell was talking about the qualities it offered at the higher levels. The grain of salt being that Almost all Xiom rubbers i've tried have been in 2.0 and not max. 

I've tried OVP (max) Vega Japan, Vega Asian, Vega Pro, Omega 4 Pro, Omega 4 Euro, Vega China. Never tried Sigma. But once it broke in, I was able to do anything with Vega Pro. Looping balls over the table a lot more easily, counter looping was really easy in match situations, keep in mind I'm not a high level player but was able to re-loop 3rd balls pretty consistently. I felt like I got a lot of spin out of it when looping after it broke in. Even though it was 2.0 and on Defplay, i felt like it was really monstrous off the table, and I had plenty of power when I wanted it. I had plenty of stability when I wanted it. 

Side by side with tenergy, sure it doesn't have the feel and same catapult, and it's not as passively rewarding, but when you are in open play it's great. Receive I felt really confident with as well, and contrary to what some have found I did find a slight benefit over the table when playing passively compared to tenergy. When playing actively, tenergy will be better. I think it's good if you're looking to transition from hurricane into the modern rubbers. 

Edited by beeray1 - 05/06/2015 at 9:44pm
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2015 at 3:55am
If that can help with this original debate of Tenergy VS Xiom...

I normally play with Tenergy (T64 then T80 then T05 on FH, and T64 then T80 then T05FX on BH) and I've dabbled with Omega IV Pro which I quite liked (BH or FH).
Since I was looking for a rubber with more control (for blocking mostly) on my BH, without loosing on spin potential for BH topspins, I've just ordered a Xiom Vega Pro which I hope will fit the bill.

I will also try Omega V Pro for the FH once I'm done with my current stock.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2015 at 9:21am
@GS, thanks
@AIGuns, where did you get the zxi for 90$!!!!!!!!!
FS:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic