Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jeannn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeannn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 9:38pm
avalox purot
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 9:11pm
Does anyone know what rubber Wang Tao used on his forehand? I know he was famous for using Avalox P700 and TSP Spectol, but his forehand has been a mystery to me for awhile.
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2011 at 7:28pm
Great find Amonteiro, i couldn't the pic because it was on the last page (54).

So Xu Hui: YEO with Tenergy 05  red on forehand.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2011 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by atin atin wrote:

Anyone knows blade of Xu Hui? I know it was a long time ago Yasaka extra cpen but now?

Xu Hui at Osaka WTTC 2009

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2011 at 11:55am
Originally posted by thalitao thalitao wrote:

Whats the equipment from the chinese shakehandle players ?
Ma Long , Zhang Jike , Wang Liqin ,

And Samsonov and Ovtcharov ?

Ma Long is using Boll ALC with H3 Neo and Tenergy 64
Wang Liqin is using TBS, though he's been seen using the Rosewood, with H3 neo, the backhand I'm unsure.
Zhang Jike is using the Viscaria with H3 neo and Tenergy 64. 

Edited by liXiao - 04/23/2011 at 11:59am
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2011 at 10:55am
Anyone knows blade of Xu Hui? I know it was a long time ago Yasaka extra cpen but now?
thalitao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thalitao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2011 at 5:02pm
Whats the equipment from the chinese shakehandle players ?
Ma Long , Zhang Jike , Wang Liqin ,

And Samsonov and Ovtcharov ?
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2011 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

Anyone Know Zheng Xun's equipment?

who is he?

2011 cary cup champion
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2011 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

who is he?

Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 10:27pm
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by lovemagicworld lovemagicworld wrote:

thanks to : liXiao Boss1703 zeio
anyone noes wat Matsush*ta and Chen Xinhua is or once used?

Matsush*ta used the Matsush*ta Pro Model (sadly now discontinued by Butterfly, but easy to find) with Tackifire Drive, and Feint Long II (he sometimes played with Feint Long III). Chen Xinhua (I have heard) that he used a DHS PF4 blade, with Yung long pips on the backhand (almost impossible to find since they were deemed illegal years ago, though I have found a shop that sells them). His forehand rubber I do not know though. 
lovemagicworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemagicworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2011 at 8:44am
thanks to : liXiao Boss1703 zeio
anyone noes wat Matsush*ta and Chen Xinhua is or once used?
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2011 at 2:15pm
In this clip at 0:13 it can clearly be seen that Wang Liqin changed or is testing a Rosewood blade...

Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Strictly speaking, Wang Hao and Ma Lin are using Skyline 2 and 3, which carry both grippy and tacky characteristics.

One plausible explanation, from what appears to be the norm among many users, is that European rubbers(e.g. Early-gen ESN tensors) tend to play springy but feel blank(as in feedback lacking firmness, 虛彈 in Chinese) whereas Japanese rubbers(e.g. Tenergy, Sriver, Mark V etc.) give off the mushy(肉) feeling, and both, owing to their grippiness and bounciness, suffer in short games(e.g. more difficult to keep pushes short and low.)

The majority of top Chinese players base their close-to-table, forehand-dominant, offensive games on third, fifth ball kills after service and short, touch plays when receiving to keep opponents in check.  On those occasions where these two approaches are not effective they would proceed to mid-to-long-range forehand rallies assisted by transitional backhand loops, fishes or lobs.

In that regards, Chinese tacky rubbers fit the bill.  The added tackiness facilitates spinny serves and low touches while still maintaining lightning speed on hard strokes thanks to the underlying rock-hard and dead sponge in return for a sense of solidness.  For those few and far between smashes high off the table, Ma Long and Zhang Jike, among others, have "innovated" by twiddling to the backhand rubber to overcome the one major weakness common to tacky rubbers.

As for gluing, the idea is to expand, liven up the sponge and in the process cranks up the tension of the topsheet, but with the "side-effect" of softening the sponge, which may lead to it bottoming out on fast hard shots, hence the brick-hard sponge.  Tuning with Haifu oil serves a similar purpose but less effective.  The topsheet and sponge of the NEOs are drastically different from and a degree or two softer than the old one.

Thanks, Zeio.
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 11:11am

wat is the sponge of Wang Hao's Sriver?

thnks 4 d tip

before glue ban it was bryce sponge.

now i read it is bryce speed sponge.

i would love to own one of these custom rubbers!
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemagicworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 10:36am

thnks 4 d tip

Edited by lovemagicworld - 04/15/2011 at 10:39am
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 10:35am
Strictly speaking, Wang Hao and Ma Lin are using Skyline 2 and 3, which carry both grippy and tacky characteristics.

One plausible explanation, from what appears to be the norm among many users, is that European rubbers(e.g. Early-gen ESN tensors) tend to play springy but feel blank(as in feedback lacking firmness, 虛彈 in Chinese) whereas Japanese rubbers(e.g. Tenergy, Sriver, Mark V etc.) give off the mushy(肉) feeling, and both, owing to their grippiness and bounciness, suffer in short games(e.g. more difficult to keep pushes short and low.)

The majority of top Chinese players base their close-to-table, forehand-dominant, offensive games on third, fifth ball kills after service and short, touch plays when receiving to keep opponents in check.  On those occasions where these two approaches are not effective they would proceed to mid-to-long-range forehand rallies assisted by transitional backhand loops, fishes or lobs.

In that regards, Chinese tacky rubbers fit the bill.  The added tackiness facilitates spinny serves and low touches while still maintaining lightning speed on hard strokes thanks to the underlying rock-hard and dead sponge in return for a sense of solidness.  For those few and far between smashes high off the table, Ma Long and Zhang Jike, among others, have "innovated" by twiddling to the backhand rubber to overcome the one major weakness common to tacky rubbers.

As for gluing, the idea is to expand, liven up the sponge and in the process cranks up the tension of the topsheet, but with the "side-effect" of softening the sponge, which may lead to it bottoming out on fast hard shots, hence the brick-hard sponge.  Tuning with Haifu oil serves a similar purpose but less effective.  The topsheet and sponge of the NEOs are drastically different from and a degree or two softer than the old one.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 1:58am
Right on, Dragon.

Bottom line, I'm just curious why anyone, pros and amateurs alike, chooses tacky Chinese rubbers with firm sponges in the first place, then tunes them to make the sponges softer, and in WLQ's case, it appears, the topsheet also less tacky. I mean, the Hurricane rubbers the Chinese players use, they're all about tackiness and firm sponges, right?

In addition, if it is grippy and lively sponges the Chinese players are after, why not choose European or Japanese rubbers instead. Heck, even the other Chinese rubber manufacturers make rubbers with those properties.

What's going on?

Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 1:37am
Originally posted by cls2222 cls2222 wrote:

Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

Judging by the way the ball bounces on WLQ's racket before he serves, it makes me wonder whether his rubber is tacky at all. The ball can't bounce in such a lively manner on a tacky topsheet right?

If his topsheet is not tacky, then is he just playing with a grippy topsheet on a firm sponge? Is that sponge even firm, after he tunes it?

Which pros play with a truly tacky Chinese rubber with a firm sponge?

It's most likely heavily boosted with the Haifu oil many Chinese players use. That stuff really gives some life to those tacky rubbers. He also has one of the most powerful forehands in the world so his forehand will look a lot more powerful than pretty much any other player's forehand with the exception of some J-pen players.

He is talking about when WLQ is ready to serve and waiting for opponent to get ready. He will bounce the ball on his racket. I think his topsheet is slightly tacky mixed with some haifu oil it will bounce a little like that. But who knows. Just my guess
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

Judging by the way the ball bounces on WLQ's racket before he serves, it makes me wonder whether his rubber is tacky at all. The ball can't bounce in such a lively manner on a tacky topsheet right?

If his topsheet is not tacky, then is he just playing with a grippy topsheet on a firm sponge? Is that sponge even firm, after he tunes it?

It's most likely heavily boosted with the Haifu oil many Chinese players use. That stuff really gives some life to those tacky rubbers. He also has one of the most powerful forehands in the world so his forehand will look a lot more powerful than pretty much any other player's forehand with the exception of some J-pen players.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 10:59pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemagicworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 9:11pm
wat HK is tat handle?
by the way...
is Wang Hao and Ma Lin's Skyline a NEO version
and
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

At Asia-Europe Challange Tang Peng was using Rosewood.

yeah that's where I saw it, but I think I saw it best when he played Saive, and I couldn't find that video.

I'm still sticking with Bw3 FH though, I have the sponge in front of me.

No way it's tenergy.
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Looks like an Ebenholz to me.

I know he still uses Yasaka Original on the BH, but I'm positive that he uses Haifu on his forehand. 

Yes, LiXiao, This is the picture I double checked before I told you his setup. Could be provincial Haifu or tenergy.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 4:03pm
At Asia-Europe Challange Tang Peng was using Rosewood.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

when was that picture from? I couldn't find the video where I saw Rosewood.

Haifu BW3 is what I've always thought because it's the same color purple as BW3- I have an old sheet, I might even be one of only 3 people in the world who can say this because of the ridiculous price tag haha.

Also, how do you know it's original?

The picture is from three weeks ago, the latest picture of tang peng from the ITTF.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 3:43pm

when was that picture from? I couldn't find the video where I saw Rosewood.

Haifu BW3 is what I've always thought because it's the same color purple as BW3- I have an old sheet, I might even be one of only 3 people in the world who can say this because of the ridiculous price tag haha.

Also, how do you know it's original?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 3:13pm
Looks like an Ebenholz to me.

I know he still uses Yasaka Original on the BH, but I'm positive that he uses Haifu on his forehand. 
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 3:05pm
did u see the rubber?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 2:46pm
Last time I saw tang pengs racket, it had a handle that was the same color as Rosewood. A lot lighter colored than Ebenholz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 195>
  Share Topic