Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 8:48am
I wonder how there are still foreign factories in China. Some people have really short vision.
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

I wonder how there are still foreign factories in China.

Care to elaborate your point?
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 3:55pm
Is there some kind of executive order from China to discontinue outside influences on Table tennis? No more foreign players in Chinese Super league, Pro players to not use foreign table tennis equipment brands? Xu Xin and FZD switching to DHS blades instead of Stiga? I saw LSW switch to a Stiga blade though so maybe that part isn't true
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 4:28pm
Anyone knows for certain what setup Dima is using? Those backhands are rocket!

On a second note, the chinese players have undergone some major equipment changes it seems, wonder if it's because their contracts with Stiga has finished or pressure from the higher ups to use DHS products.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 4:54pm
Their contract with Stiga has not finished, actually TODAY they made new photos at the Stiga HQ. They are in Sweden anyway for the Swedish Open.

Dima uses Tenergy 05 on both sides. He claims to use two different blades depending on the ball he has to play with. Ovtcharov True Carbon and Senso Carbon. Some people say it's just a Butterfly ALC blade with a Donic handle.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

Is there some kind of executive order from China to discontinue outside influences on Table tennis? No more foreign players in Chinese Super league, Pro players to not use foreign table tennis equipment brands? Xu Xin and FZD switching to DHS blades instead of Stiga? I saw LSW switch to a Stiga blade though so maybe that part isn't true

I thought this was weird aswell. They also used Li Ning shoes instead of Mizunos. But LGY played with his Viscaria, I think FZD just wanted to try something new.
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

Their contract with Stiga has not finished, actually TODAY they made new photos at the Stiga HQ. They are in Sweden anyway for the Swedish Open.

Dima uses Tenergy 05 on both sides. He claims to use two different blades depending on the ball he has to play with. Ovtcharov True Carbon and Senso Carbon. Some people say it's just a Butterfly ALC blade with a Donic handle.

Thanks for your input, but any proof of this?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 8:27pm

I call bullshit on this. Any proof at all?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 9:35pm
TTD had a thread with a pic showing ZJK playing with T05 on FH...

Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 2:08am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Care to elaborate your point?
Do you think it's smart to learn 1 billion people how things are made ?
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 2:14am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

I call bullshit on this. Any proof at all?

Yes. Dima wrote that himself on the German TT-news forum.

Ich spiele schon meine ganze Karriere ein Holz mit Senso Griff. Dadurch ist der Schläger mehr kopflastig und ich kriege mehr bogen und Spin in den Ball.   Aktuell spiele ich ein Carbon Holz auf der Basis vom True Carbon. Wenn mit Nittaku Bällen gespielt wird aber mit einem Holz auf der Basis des Ovtcharov Originals.   Ich arbeite aber mit Donic und deren Produzenten intensiv an einem Holz, welches sich auch bei den verschiedenen Bällen in allen Spielsituationen so verhält, wie ich mir das vorstelle. Also sozusagen die Vorteile von beiden Hölzern in einem Holz vereinen. Das ist nicht so einfach, aber ich denke wir sind auf einem ganz guten Weg. Dann muss ich nicht immer hin und her wechseln, sondern bin mit einem Holz voll eingespielt. Dima

English:
I've been playing a blade with a senso grip all my career. This makes the racket more head-heavy and I get more arc and spin on the ball. Currently I play a carbon blade based on the True Carbon. But when playing with Nittaku balls with a blade based on the original Ovtcharov. But I work intensively with Donic and their producers on a blade, which behaves the same way in all game situations as I imagine it would with the different balls. So, the advantages of both woods can be combined in one wood. It's not that easy, but I think we're on the right track. Then I don't have to change back and forth all the time, but well-practised with one blade. Dima

Edited by Fabian1890 - 11/15/2017 at 2:36am
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 2:15am
Regarding Tenergy:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/25649/ovtcharov_blade.jpg
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 4:33am
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Thanks for your input, but any proof of this?

I can guarantee that Dima currently (German Open for instance) uses Donic blades. I recently had several of his blades in hands : 7 senso Carbon

Edited by kakapo - 11/15/2017 at 4:35am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 5:01am
Yeah the two he wrote about, check above.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 7:22am
Dima is not claiming to be using the commercial versions of his blades, rather he appears to be saying that his customized blades are similar (in some manner) to commercial versions. The only concrete information I can glean from his statement is that he prefers his blade to be head heavy.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 7:38am
Fact is: Ovtcharov is using around 2 blades:

blade 1 : Butterfly Spirit, ALC ST blade with handle cups of original senso Carbon but with clearly more thicknes- that's why at his handle cups are 2 additional veneers- to get more thickness ! That blade and handle mix you can't buy as one nowhere !

blade 2 : Clipper like blade with handle cups of original Senso Carbon handle cups. This is also nothing off the peg ! Nowhere to buy.

By the way, didn't you see the photos of Ovtcharovs handle ? There exist some photos who can prove that. Nothing new.

As I told before the standard blades and its ST handles from Donic and Butterfly are too thin and small for normal average sized hands or big hands. The standard blades and ST handles are good for small hands ! Thats why the most pf the pro players add more thickness to their handles. Some can reach that by changing their handle cups or wrapping around some grip tape.

Ovtcharov and Boll and Waldner and most of the other players are liars, because they don't want to share their little "secrets" with you and me.

If you have average sized hands or big hands you need to add more thickness to your racket. That's all. Don't believe all the things the liars say. It's up to you.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 7:47am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

Dima is not claiming to be using the commercial versions of his blades, rather he appears to be saying that his customized blades are similar (in some manner) to commercial versions. The only concrete information I can glean from his statement is that he prefers his blade to be head heavy.

Thats why he leaves more than 1,5 mm uncut rubber around the head of the blade LOL
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 8:35am

Aktuell spiele ich ein Carbon Holz auf der Basis vom True Carbon.

Currently I play a carbon blade based on the True Carbon. 

Certainly what it looks like from the photos I have seen.  And the senso handle is obvious too. 
GrayFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

Ovtcharov and Boll and Waldner and most of the other players are liars, because they don't want to share their little "secrets" with you and me.

What is Waldner lying about? Does not he use the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon JO Shape?
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 12:48pm
He did/does but many people say with a thicker handle.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 12:53pm
Do any of the pros ever actually say in an interview what equipment they are using in matches? I don't believe I've ever come across such a statement anywhere. It has to be very explicit, otherwise too much wiggle room.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by GrayFox GrayFox wrote:

Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

What is Waldner lying about? Does not he use the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon JO Shape?

waldner played with a faster version of the blade . a senso blade faster a notch at least . the umpires can give info about equipment
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 3:18pm
i don't understand the obsession what are they playing with
just play with the blade that you like 
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

i don't understand the obsession what are they playing with
just play with the blade that you like 

The reasoning goes like this:

1) I wish to study and emulate the play of pro X.

2) I'll use [similar] similar equipment.

Putting aside the solidity of such reasoning, it is exactly this reasoning that pro endorsements depend on. That is why their names appear on the blade.

So there is a little game going on in which all sides, including the customer, are complicit.

As for your suggestion, for the average player, in the U.S. it is difficult finding an appropriate blade with the hundreds of options available. The service representatives I've talked to don't touch the question with a ten foot pole. The good news is that I recently played with a $10 no-name blade and it felt and played better than any of the high priced stuff I've tried out at my club. It had control.

Edited by richrf - 11/15/2017 at 5:47pm
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 5:03pm
That's right, but they want to make you believe that they are using commercial material, so that's what I call misleading or supercherie.

Again for all-the top pros don't use blades with that small kind of blades like Donic or Andro. They use at least 157 mm or more. Why ? They need a head heavy blade to have more power in their strokes. And rarely they use the standard handle that we get at the table tennis store.

Why can't you get nearly the same blade like Waldner ? His handle thickness is different, his handle wideness is different, his wings are different and that all makes the diference. So if you want to buy same blade like Waldner uses... not at the store next door.

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 5:12pm
Well said, but what if you want to have the same blade like Waldner or Ovtcharov or Boll. Believe me there are players and collectors who want to have the same blade- that's a fact. Me, too, but I know that I can't get these blades of the pros and I accept it. I'm not obsessed of owning these blades.
But it is interesting to see how these companies want to fool us. I can't believe it- but there is spend so much money on these blades for a big bubble.

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 7:56am
ttspirit, I think that the companies are not trying to fool anyone. They just make blades with standart blade and handle sizes, AND ofcourse we all know that we get the lower quality blades and the pros get the top quality ones. Just when a pro player gets his blade, then he customizes his handle at his needs and hand mesurements.No one tries to fool us, they just costomize their own blades according to their needs.

And dont forget that we are all just players and hobbists, the pro players are feeding their families and theirselves from this sport and these blades.
So we get the commercial series of the blades and the companies make top quality blades from top quality woods, just because they play 8 hours per day-all week and make thier living and we play about 3 hours per practise-around 3-4 days per week.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 8:06am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

ttspirit, I think that the companies are not trying to fool anyone. They just make blades with standart blade and handle sizes, AND ofcourse we all know that we get the lower quality blades and the pros get the top quality ones. Just when a pro player gets his blade, then he customizes his handle at his needs and hand mesurements.No one tries to fool us, they just costomize their own blades according to their needs.

And dont forget that we are all just players and hobbists, the pro players are feeding their families and theirselves from this sport and these blades.
So we get the commercial series of the blades and the companies make top quality blades from top quality woods, just because they play 8 hours per day-all week and make thier living and we play about 3 hours per practise-around 3-4 days per week.

customize handle is OK but if you use Viscaria with Infinity handle and Stiga claim you use Infinity does fooling
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 8:09am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

100% agree. The blade construction is exactly the same we can found in a tt shop but the quality, the density and the weight are of course the subject of a close selection but...one can be lucky to find in a TT shop a blade that would have been selected by a pro.
Than, handle modifications can be made by a carpenter, so you exactly have the handle shape and thickness which suit to your hand...
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 8:25am
No one has any idea, other than the pros themselves, who is making their rackets. I thought this thread just existed as kind of a detective game trying to b figure out who might me making pro rackets as opposed to the manufacturer "claims". Early on I realized that with so much at stake, the pros have their own tailored needs. This is a short article on one such craftsman.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/galleries/1026.html

I guess in some way, this thread and similar threads, helps perpetuate the myth that new comers to the game have access to equipment used by the pros. No harm, as long as everyone understands it is a game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 194>
  Share Topic