Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2018 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

Which blade is Jang Woojin using? In the clip of the Polish final I can see a DHS blade, but can't identify which model.

jung with h3 and DHSw968 with sticker on the lens
war of brands

he's holding it upside down like chuan did with viscaria. on the flip side camera shots, it has the regular lens.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2018 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Ishikawa switched to Viscaria (still mind-blowing to me that this blade came out over 20 years ago and is now probably the most popular blade amongst touring pros, which in turn has made it extremely popular amongst amateurs.

I honestly don't think it's possible to improve on it.

make the handle wider/thicker/squarer!! Cry
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2018 at 5:35am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Ishikawa switched to Viscaria (still mind-blowing to me that this blade came out over 20 years ago and is now probably the most popular blade amongst touring pros, which in turn has made it extremely popular amongst amateurs.

DreiZ, I just love the GIF in your 'photo'. I don't that I've ever seen a more ascetically pleasing shot.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2018 at 10:27am
Any idea what Xu Xin was using at WTTTC 2018? The handle doesn't look like the Stiga Xu Xin "Coming Soon" blade does it
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2018 at 11:14am

By making new ST handles on viscaria. But as I can see from the butterfly's policy...they will keep the "legend" (viscaria) as it is.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

By making new ST handles on viscaria. But as I can see from the butterfly's policy...they will keep the "legend" (viscaria) as it is.

I might buy it if they make a fat anatomic handle Big smile
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 2:04am

<font style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">
<font style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">make the handle wider/thicker/squarer!! Cry

why there s no viscaria penhold?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 7:00am

<font style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">
<font style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">make the handle wider/thicker/squarer!! Cry

why there s no viscaria penhold?

there is. it called Taksim
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 7:18am
The Taksim is a viscaria penhold how the boll ALC is a viscaria st
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 8:19am
Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

The Taksim is a viscaria penhold how the boll ALC is a viscaria st

You are totally wrong. Taksim is a different blade from viscaria. Yes it has outer koto, yes it has arylate carbon, BUT its thickness is 7,0mm where viscaria is only 5,7-5,8mm.

Viscaria is an OFF blade, Taksim is almost OFF+
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 8:47am
Unfortunately, there's no cpen viscaria.
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by wanchope wanchope wrote:

Unfortunately, there's no cpen viscaria.

That's right - there's a common misconception that the Taksim is a cpen Viscaria, but that's only because the handles are similar looking and they came out around the same time.

If you want a cpen Viscaria, you should instead buy a Timo Boll ALC or a ZJK ALC.

The former has a shorter head size (157 mm IIRC) and the latter a longer head size (161 mm), but both have the same composition as the Viscaria.
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 9:11am
You mean how the boll ALC is not the same as the viscaria also as it is substantially harder outer layer

Edited by passifid - 05/07/2018 at 9:12am
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 12:52pm

You mean how the boll ALC is not the same as the viscaria also as it is substantially harder outer layer

No, I meant what I wrote.  There's an endless debate on whether the Viscaria is different from the Boll ALC (and Boll Spirit, Kenta ALC, ZJK ALC and other variations), which I don't mean to get into :)

Folks far more knowledgeable than me (who have purchased many of these blades) can speak to the difference or lack thereof between all of these Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri blades, which have the same plies and the same thicknesses and the same ratings from Butterfly.

Suffice to say, you'll likely find bigger differences between two Viscarias from two different years than between a Viscaria and a Timo Boll ALC made in the same year.  More to the point, when Butterfly was producing custom blades for public purchase, you could choose any handle (even a nice all brown wooden version) to go on this blade composition :D

passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

No, I meant what I wrote.  There's an endless debate on whether the Viscaria is different from the Boll ALC (and Boll Spirit, Kenta ALC, ZJK ALC and other variations), which I don't mean to get into :)

Folks far more knowledgeable than me (who have purchased many of these blades) can speak to the difference or lack thereof between all of these Koto-ALC-Limba-Kiri blades, which have the same plies and the same thicknesses and the same ratings from Butterfly.

Suffice to say, you'll likely find bigger differences between two Viscarias from two different years than between a Viscaria and a Timo Boll ALC made in the same year.  More to the point, when Butterfly was producing custom blades for public purchase, you could choose any handle (even a nice all brown wooden version) to go on this blade composition :D
yes and I say my point is that the viscaria is not a taksim and is also not a boll alc (in the same way a clipper wood and clipper cr are different) I was agreeing you both times
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

yes and I say my point is that the viscaria is not a taksim and is also not a boll alc (in the same way a clipper wood and clipper cr are different) I was agreeing you both times

Apologies for the confusion - I'm trying to say that a Viscaria is pretty much a Timo Boll ALC.  In other words, it's as if they relabeled the Clipper Wood as a Clipper 20th Anniversary Edition :)

Happy to disagree on this point though - many players with much better hand feel than me will swear to differences between the blades (even though I can't feel any difference in the ones that I've tried).

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2018 at 3:52pm
As opinari and strataras said taksim is NOT viscaria cpen. Having tried one that blade was a classic, I don't know why they discontinued it (I guess cause not many pros used it?) but kept the viscaria. It was very popular among the cpen users back in the day.

Closest to viscaria cpen would probably be zjk alc or tb alc cpen given they are the same construction (koto + alc). Not the same but similar in playing characteristics.

Edited by DreiZ - 05/07/2018 at 3:54pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2018 at 6:32pm

As opinari and strataras said taksim is NOT viscaria cpen. Having tried one that blade was a classic, I don't know why they discontinued it (I guess cause not many pros used it?) but kept the viscaria. It was very popular among the cpen users back in the day.

Closest to viscaria cpen would probably be zjk alc or tb alc cpen given they are the same construction (koto + alc). Not the same but similar in playing characteristics.
ZJK ALC for some reason feels more muted than TB ALC but also compared to Viscaria as well? Might just be my lighter ST handle, but I would say apart from handles, those blades are identical. Must be some kind of economic thing where they artificially create choice to make you feel like each product is unique.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2018 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

ZJK ALC for some reason feels more muted than TB ALC but also compared to Viscaria as well? Might just be my lighter ST handle, but I would say apart from handles, those blades are identical. Must be some kind of economic thing where they artificially create choice to make you feel like each product is unique.

You are right, zjk alc does feel more muted and stiffer to me compared to tb alc. But the differences are so minimal that I still like all 3 blades.
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2018 at 6:19pm
Does Mathias Karlsson plays with some ALC blade? 
I was just watching his match against Pitchford and at the end of the 3rd set his blade is on the table. It's without the logo but it seems some ALC and not soft carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

Does Mathias Karlsson plays with some ALC blade? 
I was just watching his match against Pitchford and at the end of the 3rd set his blade is on the table. It's without the logo but it seems some ALC and not soft carbon

he plays with yasaka ma lin carbon. I thought short pips wasnt effective at pro level
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 3:19am
I think only the handle is yasaka ma lin soft carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 4:29am

how you can know that? and what blade do you thinks its? why it cant be ma lin carbon as advertised?

are you a scientist to know that its ALC just looking at camera footage? why not ZLC ,carbon,adamantium?

Edited by bbkon - 05/11/2018 at 5:08am
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 9:25am
Hi, couple of years ago Bojan Tokic came to my club and I saw and he told me that he is using Boll Spirit with tibhar handle and Evolution MXP on both sides.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 9:37am

how you can know that? and what blade do you thinks its? why it cant be ma lin carbon as advertised?

are you a scientist to know that its ALC just looking at camera footage? why not ZLC ,carbon,adamantium?

Have you seen the match???
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 9:52am

Have you seen the match???

many matches
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 10:06am

are you a scientist to know that its ALC just looking at camera footage?

I appreciate the fact that you think scientists possess magical superpowers, but that's not what scientists do . I'm flattered, though.   Big smile
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 1:40pm
No it's intact squids he is thinking of
Close though
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

are you a scientist to know that its ALC just looking at camera footage?

I appreciate the fact that you think scientists possess magical superpowers, but that's not what scientists do . I'm flattered, though.   Big smile

regarding AlC blades you can build a good all wood blade like rosewood and add some high tech fancy name fiber and you have a reason to charge a lot of money claiming nonsense like you must change expensive cutting tools like a reason to charge a lot
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2018 at 5:01pm
Look at minute 27:51. Do you think it's only carbon?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 195>
  Share Topic