Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
qkac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qkac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 3:45pm

... and FZD still using viscaria core with a stiga handle … Wink

Edited by qkac - 04/25/2019 at 3:49pm
BTY VISCARIA FL;
FH/BH: BTY D09C max/BTY D05 max

Sponsored Links

le xex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote le xex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 4:02pm
wow look at the number pro players using misleading handles... should that be illegal? 
For one thing it’s false marketing by the manufacturers to mislead people into thinking the pro is using their blade when that is not true.
Second, it could affect match outcomes slightly if the opponent took into consideration the misleading blade and that influenced how he decided to play.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by le xex le xex wrote:

wow look at the number pro players using misleading handles... should that be illegal? 
For one thing it’s false marketing by the manufacturers to mislead people into thinking the pro is using their blade when that is not true.
Second, it could affect match outcomes slightly if the opponent took into consideration the misleading blade and that influenced how he decided to play.

It should be illegal too the rubbers given to pros that perform diffrent compared to the comercial version

Edited by mykonos96 - 04/25/2019 at 11:22pm
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2019 at 8:03am
Ovtcharov unsurprisingly using T05H on the backhand now: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/33808308268/in/album-72157677886180957/
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2019 at 8:13am
Somebody should keep track of T05H and D05 adoptation vis-a-vis the relative WTTC performance.  Overperformers, underperformers after, I don't know.

"So how's that change working out for ya?", it might make a useful question if only it were answered sincerely.  Even if not, the statistics might just be be telling.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by qkac qkac wrote:

And what is his backhand rubber???? Is it Dignics? It has so red sponge... Definately not a hurricane rubber!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Originally posted by qkac qkac wrote:

And what is his backhand rubber???? Is it Dignics? It has so red sponge... Definately not a hurricane rubber!

Yes, FZD, LGY and LSW all using Dignics 05 in this tournament. WMY still using T05H on her BH. Hard to tell with DN, ZYL and WCQ. 
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 2:20am
The real winner in WTTC is DHS, look at the number of players with DHS made it deep into the tournament. 

Ma Long   DHS W968 H3 NEO blue
An Jaehyun DHS W968 H3 NEO blue
Jang Woojin DHS W968 H3 NEO blue
Koki Niwa DHS W968

Koreans are copying from the best in the world, I wouldn't be surprise if more people will jump onto the bandwagon, pro and non pro. 

DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 3:51am
Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

The real winner in WTTC is DHS, look at the number of players with DHS made it deep into the tournament. 

Koki Niwa DHS W968

Koreans are copying from the best in the world, I wouldn't be surprise if more people will jump onto the bandwagon, pro and non pro. 

Koki does not use W968 or any DHS stuff for that matter...
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 4:50am
Originally posted by Nightsky Nightsky wrote:

Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

Koki Niwa DHS W968

Koki does not use W968 or any DHS stuff for that matter...

Ok maybe not but irregardless DHS will reap benefits.
DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 7:51am
it is not true semi finalast
falck yasaka
liang yasaka
ma long dhs
an dhs

Edited by Mickael - 04/27/2019 at 8:07am
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 8:35am
Hi,

What is the status of Liu Shiwen's equipment sponsorship?  Still using Butterfly equipment but not officially associated with a manufacturer?

Thanks,
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 10:00am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

What is the status of Liu Shiwen's equipment sponsorship?  Still using Butterfly equipment but not officially associated with a manufacturer?

Thanks,

Butterfly dropped her once she switched to Hurricane 3 on her backhand, but she was still using the custom inner ZLC Viscaria. Now it looks like she's using Dignics 05 on her backhand, I'm sure Butterfly will put her back on their website ASAP, especially now that she's just won the WTTC. Bigger question for me is when does Miu Hirano's contract with Stiga run out, now that she's using all Butterfly equipment.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Butterfly dropped her once she switched to Hurricane 3 on her backhand, but she was still using the custom inner ZLC Viscaria. Now it looks like she's using Dignics 05 on her backhand, I'm sure Butterfly will put her back on their website ASAP, especially now that she's just won the WTTC. Bigger question for me is when does Miu Hirano's contract with Stiga run out, now that she's using all Butterfly equipment.

Will be really interesting to see if Butterfly releases anything new for LSW - her custom blade at the moment is probably just an Innerforce Layer ZLC with a Viscaria handle, but whether there is enough difference to justify a new model (in addition to the Apolonia ZLC) will be fascinating from a corporate marketing perspective. 
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 12:32pm

An Jaehyun's blade. Knew it was a W968/HL5, but can anyone confirm if this is how they are sold in Korea?
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 1:28pm
That's it, I need to get a W968.  Where are my W968 HL5 bandwagoners at?

Where can one even buy a W968 from besides the not trustworthy prott?

Edited by liulin04 - 04/27/2019 at 1:34pm
guruzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guruzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 2:48pm
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2019 at 3:42pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2019 at 4:04am
They interesting detail here is that the laser print is on the other side of the handle and JWJ Face is on the bottom of the handle.
Originally posted by Facepalm Facepalm wrote:

An Jaehyun's blade. Knew it was a W968/HL5, but can anyone confirm if this is how they are sold in Korea?

Edited by Giangt - 04/28/2019 at 4:04am
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2019 at 5:05am
there are chinese coaches in Korea who can get them. 968 isn't sold to the general public, but HL5 can be found in many places I believe.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2019 at 11:57am
Been doing a lot of research on what pips Sun Mingyang has been using. A few things I've read online appear to believe that it's Spectol, however I looked for recent images of her of decent quality and came upon this photo from the Marvelous 12...

A few things of note:

1) She is using "cooked" pips and not raw, based on horizontal pip alignment. 

2) The pattern of the pips near the bottom is asymmetrical. 

The photo is of high enough quality to count the pips from the end of the blade. It's 4 from the right edge, and 9/10 from the left edge. There is also a one pip gap between the middle of the rubber sheet and the ends. 

What does this lead us to? 

It's clearly VO 102. I think Mu Zi also switched to this but I haven't been able to obtain good enough photos to be certain.

Edited by liXiao - 04/28/2019 at 11:58am
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2019 at 8:03pm
Interesting to see that Ma Longs W968 during the World Cup had no visible serial number on the blade/handle
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2019 at 8:12pm
his blade had a serial number

OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
KiwiPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2019 at 10:05pm
I thought I saw Hirano using Viscaria blade? Definitely not Clipper anymore.   

Hi,

Thanks,

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 2:07am
i must be blind. Couldve sworn that I did not see any serial during the entire TV broadcast
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 6:48am
Originally posted by KiwiPong KiwiPong wrote:

I thought I saw Hirano using Viscaria blade? Definitely not Clipper anymore.   

Hi,

Thanks,

She is still under contract with Stiga though, appearing in their catalogs and other advertising material. She hasn't used the clipper wood in months, so she must still be in agreement with them (for now). As an aside, Butterfly must be dying to say that Dignics 05 is the rubber of world champions after Liu Shiwen won this weekend.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 10:39am

Been doing a lot of research on what pips Sun Mingyang has been using. A few things I've read online appear to believe that it's Spectol, however I looked for recent images of her of decent quality and came upon this photo from the Marvelous 12...

A few things of note:

1) She is using "cooked" pips and not raw, based on horizontal pip alignment. 

2) The pattern of the pips near the bottom is asymmetrical. 

The photo is of high enough quality to count the pips from the end of the blade. It's 4 from the right edge, and 9/10 from the left edge. There is also a one pip gap between the middle of the rubber sheet and the ends. 

What does this lead us to? 

It's clearly VO 102. I think Mu Zi also switched to this but I haven't been able to obtain good enough photos to be certain.

I think 102 is too spinny to use it in BH .I have seen pips with similar looks , coming from spectol 102 is too diffrent
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 2:52pm
Is ma long using hurricane 3 national orange sponge 37 hardness on backhand?
yuri.saldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuri.saldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 3:23pm
In a WTTC match close angle to Matias Falck blade seemed that he was using some kind of alc blade with yasaka extra offensive handle. Do you notice that too?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2019 at 3:26pm
Yes 37 OS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 194>
  Share Topic