Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2012 at 12:21pm
Looks like WLQ has been trying to find a replacement for his speed-glued set up.  I guess as far as you guys tell me, he had used Hurricane King (of course), then probably Timo Boll ALC, and probably recently it's Clipper.  Well, let's see what he will settle with and hopefully, he won't retire soon.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
Sponsored Links

Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 7:33pm
Does this look like a p700 or p500? Any guess as to what the rubbers may be? Donic F1?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mupio/6672490213/sizes/l/in/set-72157628805526467/
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Looks like WLQ has been trying to find a replacement for his speed-glued set up.  I guess as far as you guys tell me, he had used Hurricane King (of course), then probably Timo Boll ALC, and probably recently it's Clipper.  Well, let's see what he will settle with and hopefully, he won't retire soon.

FireHorse

He briefly used Rosewood 5 and switch to Clipper CR non WRB and seems to settle with it lately. Someone post pics of his blade with H3 front and back. Is this really his personal blade?

He is going to play in today and tomorrow's China vs World Team Challenge and CTTSL season so although China may not send him to the most important events, hopefully he will still be around for a while.

Edited by TurboZ - 11/23/2012 at 8:38pm
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

Does this look like a p700 or p500? Any guess as to what the rubbers may be? Donic F1?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mupio/6672490213/sizes/l/in/set-72157628805526467/

P700

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 5:54pm
zhang jike plays with blue sponged  xxx black rubber?
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by runeazn runeazn wrote:

Blue sponged Hurricane 3 with the new topsheet (could be normal or Neo)
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 5:59pm
damm why is ttnpp sold out in the blue sponged hurricane :(
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
vali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

FireHorse

He briefly used Rosewood 5 and switch to Clipper CR non WRB and seems to settle with it lately. Someone post pics of his blade with H3 front and back. Is this really his personal blade?

He is going to play in today and tomorrow's China vs World Team Challenge and CTTSL season so although China may not send him to the most important events, hopefully he will still be around for a while.

The rubbers look like are boosted like hell. Ok, I'll start speed-gluing from tomorrow... :))
Clipper
FH: XIOM Vega Asia , max
BH: Yasaka RAKZA7, 2.0
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 8:20pm
Those pictures look so good.....
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
alborz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2012 at 6:49am
originally posted by runeazn :

zhang jike is using 2.1mm national neo hurricane 3 blue sponge with 40 degree hardness.

Edited by alborz - 01/12/2013 at 8:51am
Balde : Donic Epox Control
Forehand : Donic BlueFire M1 (Black / MAX)
Backhand : Donic Vario Big Slam (Red / MAX)

Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
kiligolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiligolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2012 at 7:29am
i'm not pretty sure that theses pics aren't fake ! If i'm not wrong, there's no red national or provincial H3, and it does not look in good shape... it is said that pro players are still glueing their rubbers and sanding there blade to make the thickness legal (yeah for real in french league). and rubbers are already boosted from the manufacturers...
The rubbers looks very stretched on these pics

(sorry for my english)
Takkyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takkyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2012 at 8:09am
I would say those pictures show WL's blade. Almost sure but not 100%.

Apparently, "there's no red H3 prov or nat" says KILIGOLO says, maybe but for us amateurs. The chinese team work with DHS ! They can have whatever they need from DHS.

Also, some people keep saying they have their black h3 sheets boosted in factory. That is a NO (excepting most H3 neo come factory tuned). They get their personal National sheets, like every succesfull players in the national team, and then they boost it either themselves or by some guy in the CNT whose job is to boost rubbers for the team mates. But IMO they do it themselves, if not for the training sessions at least for the tournaments. I don't remember but they change their rubbers almost every day or every two days, so it could be a pain to take care of that by themselves...

One more thing, I don't think they get their blade thickness reduced in order to pass the VOC test before tournaments... Hurricane 3 is in 2.10 or 2.15mm, even boosted the max thickness is below or equal to the maximum thickness authorized. Maybe I don't know sh*t about this but... wouldn't reducing the thickness change totally the playing caracteristics of the blade ?!
VISCARIA fl
Hurricane 3 Provincial
Stiga Boost TX
Takkyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takkyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2012 at 8:15am
What is Zhou yu exactly using ? I've seen him with a PG7 but I've read around here he uses viscaria. So ?
And someone knows what backhand rubber he uses (picture proof would be great)? Probably a tenergy of some sort but not sure..
VISCARIA fl
Hurricane 3 Provincial
Stiga Boost TX
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2012 at 8:58pm
sanding the blade does nothing for the thickness rule..... the thickness of your rubber topsheet and sponge has to be 4mm or under, your blade being thin or thick makes no difference. 
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Takkyu Takkyu wrote:

What is Zhou yu exactly using ? I've seen him with a PG7 but I've read around here he uses viscaria. So ?
And someone knows what backhand rubber he uses (picture proof would be great)? Probably a tenergy of some sort but not sure..

viscaria
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

sanding the blade does nothing for the thickness rule..... the thickness of your rubber topsheet and sponge has to be 4mm or under, your blade being thin or thick makes no difference. 

I think the rumor is that players are sanding/hollowing out the middle of their paddle but not the edges, so they can expand the rubber in the middle but it still measures correctly on the sides. Sounds crazy, I know.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2012 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I think the rumor is that players are sanding/hollowing out the middle of their paddle but not the edges, so they can expand the rubber in the middle but it still measures correctly on the sides. Sounds crazy, I know.

pretty stupid explanation for the supporters , there is no way you can do that ,any person even a kid could tell that the raquet was modified..so you work in the nasa for thickening the rubber in the middle??  that is a message form sharara: my friends need mo money..the next milestone    300$+ blades
kiligolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiligolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 3:46am
"I think the rumor is that players are sanding/hollowing out the middle of their paddle but not the edges, so they can expand the rubber in the middle but it still measures correctly on the sides. Sounds crazy, I know."

and that's wht they do ;) there's no speed glue control machines (EZ)in the french league, referees do control only the thickness of the sheets...
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 3:12pm
They don't hollow out the blade. They simply sand the rubbered area of the blade to remove any excess glue build up. They don't sand the part by the handle. Thus the area with the rubber will be slightly lower that that at the handle. Miniscule difference but they just want to reduce the chance of an 'accidental' high measurement.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

They don't hollow out the blade. They simply sand the rubbered area of the blade to remove any excess glue build up. They don't sand the part by the handle. Thus the area with the rubber will be slightly lower that that at the handle. Miniscule difference but they just want to reduce the chance of an 'accidental' high measurement.

This is what I heard too. They sandpaper off a little from the top ply where there ruber is placed. The measuring device's leg placed on the part that is not covered by the rubber on the blade which is a little higher as a result than the playing surface. I also heard that some players put a thin layer of laqueur on this part for the same reason.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 4:05pm
Far better described than my poor englishSmile
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 4:16pm

The ITTF does check height difference between the edge and the middle of the rubber but there's a big tolerance, 0.50mm. 

Video link is from slevin's thread on ITTF racket testing:

From around 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fTCbpWmPzTY#t=123s

Edited by Anderni - 11/29/2012 at 4:20pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

This is what I heard too. They sandpaper off a little from the top ply where there ruber is placed. The measuring device's leg placed on the part that is not covered by the rubber on the blade which is a little higher as a result than the playing surface. I also heard that some players put a thin layer of laqueur on this part for the same reason.

I spotted a player in a tournament that had 2 offensive rubbers but when he made a BH hit his opponent sank  the ball in the net and a lot of weird balls  ,looks like the later couldnt understand what was happening   after some snooping i found that the 1st guy every 2 matches pulled  off his BH rubber and applied 3 tiny spots in the blade with WBG  like the corners of a triangle the rubber  was barely attached in the blade that trick made his opponent to put a lof of balls in the net, this cheatery very hard to detect
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2012 at 5:28am
anyone know what is Chen Qi using? The last time I knew, he was using Rosewood but I am not sure about what he's using now.
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2012 at 6:29am
I think Chen Qi is using Clipper at the moment, but I don't know about the rubbers though
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2012 at 7:38pm
Which equipment are Kristian and Mattias Karlsson using?
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: T05
BH: Roundell
Takkyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takkyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2012 at 5:11pm
A lot of chinese players in the China super league use PG7 (Ma Long 506 blade). I've seen Zhou Yu and Cui Qinglei lately with that blade
VISCARIA fl
Hurricane 3 Provincial
Stiga Boost TX
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Nagatito Nagatito wrote:

Which equipment are Kristian and Mattias Karlsson using?

Kristian uses Clipper + Calibra LT

Mattias uses Ma Lin Soft Carbon + Rakza PO and Rakza 9

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
manofan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2012 at 8:08am

This week in China Super LEague,Hao Shuai X Joo SaeHyuk

Edited by manofan - 12/04/2012 at 3:35pm
alborz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2012 at 2:59am
what is zhau yu using?
Balde : Donic Epox Control
Forehand : Donic BlueFire M1 (Black / MAX)
Backhand : Donic Vario Big Slam (Red / MAX)

Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 194>
  Share Topic