Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 2:46pm

Someone on this forum posted that he'd spoken to Korbel in person when he visited the US, and that Korbel said he plays with a custom glassfiber blade. 

Edited by Anderni - 01/12/2013 at 2:47pm
Sponsored Links

vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Anderni Anderni wrote:

Someone on this forum posted that he'd spoken to Korbel in person when he visited the US, and that Korbel said he plays with a custom glassfiber blade. 

Korbel Magic Hand with custom glassfibers to be precise. 
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

yea right. like they even care about "names" on equipment. somebody has been watching too much TV.

What I think is that those Korbels come straight of the factory without the hollow handle to improve the balance. PK is normally quite head-heavy combined with 2 Tenergies. Not necessarily "customized" but just without the commercial make up. OR if it didn't occur to anyone, maybe he just uses the other side of the handle. 

And just for the record Ma Long has been using TBS for years and then TB ALC. Like he gives a sh*t. Bunch of players on the CNT use ZJK ALC so what? And don't try to argue with the fact that they are team members. If anything, there's much more rivalry among the CNT players. Funny thing that Liu Shiwen had been using PK with the badge up until around 2010. Or Tiago Apolonia who is still using PK. What's your genius explanation for that? Are they homies and drink tea together at 5? Yea, right.

Who are you getting angry at? I hope it's not me because if you look carefully I was just trying to solve the misunderstanding between two different forum members not understanding each other without taking any position on their debate. 

May peace be on you Wink
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

yea right. like they even care about "names" on equipment. somebody has been watching too much TV.
What I think is that those Korbels come straight of the factory without the hollow handle to improve the balance. PK is normally quite head-heavy combined with 2 Tenergies. Not necessarily "customized" but just without the commercial make up. OR if it didn't occur to anyone, maybe he just uses the other side of the handle. 
And just for the record Ma Long has been using TBS for years and then TB ALC. Like he gives a sh*t. Bunch of players on the CNT use ZJK ALC so what? And don't try to argue with the fact that they are team members. If anything, there's much more rivalry among the CNT players. Funny thing that Liu Shiwen had been using PK with the badge up until around 2010. Or Tiago Apolonia who is still using PK. What's your genius explanation for that? Are they homies and drink tea together at 5? Yea, right.

Who are you getting angry at? I hope it's not me because if you look carefully I was just trying to solve the misunderstanding between two different forum members not understanding each other without taking any position on their debate. 
May peace be on you Wink

Not you, probably the guy who posted incredibly wrong information then got smart mouthed in his defense
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 8:08pm

Wow. Just wow. 
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
Lafetia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lafetia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2013 at 9:12am

Edited by Lafetia - 01/19/2013 at 9:35am
Butterfly Petr Korbel fl

xiom omega v asia (max)
chalo_sterling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chalo_sterling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 1:48pm
anyone know what is the chen qi equipment in this year??? 'cause in the 2013 china trials videos isn't clear what blade he use...
Blade: Stiga Clipper CC

Forehand rubber: DHS TG Skyline 3 NEO

Backhand rubber: Xiom Zava I
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

My view is that the Koreans prefer a no-bade Korbel for effectively the same reasons that some professionals prefer a Viscaria to a Timo Boll ALC or Zhang Jike ALC: they don't want to play with a blade with someone else's name on it. And I think that makes quite a lot of sense; you wouldn't catch Federer using Nadal's branded shoes, or Ronaldo using Messi's branded football boots. I realise there are exceptions (e.g. Ma Long using a TB ALC for a while), but it remains the general rule, I think.

The NORTH Korean chopper, Jang Song Man, is using the SOUTH Korean's namesake blade: the Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk.  That pretty much crushes your theory that professionals don't want to use equipment named after another player.

Pro's don't care about the name, they care about the best equipment.  Look at the first page of this thread where there's a list of players using Timo Boll series blades and multiple players using Jun Mizutani blades.
http://i.imgur.com/wqnxV.gif
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by roar roar wrote:

My view is that the Koreans prefer a no-bade Korbel for effectively the same reasons that some professionals prefer a Viscaria to a Timo Boll ALC or Zhang Jike ALC: they don't want to play with a blade with someone else's name on it. And I think that makes quite a lot of sense; you wouldn't catch Federer using Nadal's branded shoes, or Ronaldo using Messi's branded football boots. I realise there are exceptions (e.g. Ma Long using a TB ALC for a while), but it remains the general rule, I think.

The NORTH Korean chopper, Jang Song Man, is using the SOUTH Korean's namesake blade: the Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk.  That pretty much crushes your theory that professionals don't want to use equipment named after another player.

Pro's don't care about the name, they care about the best equipment.  Look at the first page of this thread where there's a list of players using Timo Boll series blades and multiple players using Jun Mizutani blades.

1) I said there were exceptions. To point out one of those exceptions does not, contrary to your assertion, 'crush my theory.'

2) This theory, of course, can only apply with any consistency to the very top players, and that's obviously because it's unlikely that the player with a WR of 87 would have a (good) branded blade named after them. So, for the sake of the argument, let's restrict it to the top 10 for now. How many of the top 10 play with a blade with another table tennis player's name on it? At first blush, the answer is none. With perhaps two exceptions, that also holds true for those WR ranked 11-20. One would imagine that one would find more exceptions the further one goes down the current WR list. 

You could also look at previous Olympic champions, or World champions. How many of those played with a blade with someone else's name on it?
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by roar roar wrote:

1) I said there were exceptions. To point out one of those exceptions does not, contrary to your assertion, 'crush my theory.'

2) This theory, of course, can only apply with any consistency to the very top players, and that's obviously because it's unlikely that the player with a WR of 87 would have a (good) branded blade named after them. So, for the sake of the argument, let's restrict it to the top 10 for now. How many of the top 10 play with a blade with another table tennis player's name on it? At first blush, the answer is none. With perhaps two exceptions, that also holds true for those WR ranked 11-20. One would imagine that one would find more exceptions the further one goes down the current WR list. 

You could also look at previous Olympic champions, or World champions. How many of those played with a blade with someone else's name on it?

I guess I have time today to prove you completely wrong, so enjoy!

Xu Xin: Here he is using a Ma Lin blade:

Ma Long: TBS and TB-ALC.

Dimitrij Ovtcharov: Here he is playing with a Waldner Senso.

Wang Liqin: Has numerous blades named after him, here he is playing with a Timo Boll Spirit.

Chen Qi: With a Michael Maze, Butterfly Zhang Jike, Hurricane King (has WLQ's image on it)

I don't feel I need to keep going, but I'll bet you can find a picture of at least half of top 50 playing with a blade that feature's someone else's name.  The professionals use whatever works the best for them - they don't care whose name is on their handle.
http://i.imgur.com/wqnxV.gif
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:15pm
Roar, I obviously meant as of January 2013. Xu Xin no longer plays with a YEO, Ma Long doesn't play with a BTY TB-series blade, Wang Liqin doesn't play with a TBS, Ovtcharov doesn't play with a Waldner Senso, and nobody cares what Chen Qi uses (he was one of my exceptions.)
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:23pm

Roar, I obviously meant as of January 2013. Xu Xin no longer plays with a YEO, Ma Long doesn't play with a BTY TB-series blade, Wang Liqin doesn't play with a TBS, Ovtcharov doesn't play with a Waldner Senso, and nobody cares what Chen Qi uses (he was one of my exceptions.)

Ovtcharov does play with a WSC, and lots of people care about what Chen Qi uses (especially Chen Qi)
Also, RSM used a red KTS

Edited by IanMcg - 01/20/2013 at 6:26pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:25pm

Man, don't be like a little kid Mickael and defend your stupid theory. Yes, I said it. It's dumb.
"they don't want to play with a blade with someone else's name on it"
You are saying that all of the sudden, for the new year 2013, pro's don't wanna play with blades with other player's name on it. All of them just changed their mind LOL Table Tennis is not Tennis. The scene is different, the system is different, the stars are different. You can't compare the two.

"nobody cares what Chen Qi uses (he was one of my exceptions)", really, nobody cares? By "nobody" you mean yourself? That sounds about right Embarrassed

The bottom line is that most players don't care about the name tag as long as they play well it. That's the general rule. Sometimes sponsors and marketing strats come in play but definitely not that stupid theory of yours. I bet that if I bothered to make a poll about your theory, the results would not please you, my friend. But I won't cause it ain't worth my time.

bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:28pm

So on January 2013 all the top players decided that they all of a sudden are morally against using an opponents equipment? Oh yeah, and I bet more people care about Chen Qi's equipment (he's very popular in China) than Kim Min Seok's or the other Korean kids.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:29pm
wow vutiendat beat me to the punch LOLLOLLOL
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:38pm

Man, don't be like a little kid Mickael and defend your stupid theory. Yes, I said it. It's dumb.
You are saying that all of the sudden, for the new year 2013, pro's don't wanna play with blades with other player's name on it. All of them just changed their mind LOL Table Tennis is not Tennis. The scene is different, the system is different, the stars are different. You can't compare the two.

"nobody cares what Chen Qi uses (he was one of my exceptions)", really, nobody cares? By "nobody" you mean yourself? That sounds about right Embarrassed

The bottom line is that most players don't care about the name tag as long as they play well it. That's the general rule. Sometimes sponsors and marketing strats come in play but definitely not that stupid theory of yours. I bet that if I bothered to make a poll about your theory, the results would not please you, my friend. But I won't cause it ain't worth my time.

That first sentence is awfully ironic. 

In any event, I can't respond to this, because you haven't actually said anything - you've just pointed out (inelegantly) that you disagree. That doesn't actually amount to an argument, you know.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:39pm

In any event, I can't respond to this, because you haven't actually said anything - you've just pointed out (inelegantly) that you disagree. That doesn't actually amount to an argument, you know.

actually he pointed out how your "january 2013" argument makes no sense whatsoever therefore disproving your initial point.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:47pm

With all due respect, there's no need for any argument when a suggested theory is so absurd. Roar posted pictures of only few instances of top players using equipment named after different players. Roar only showed the members of the CNT. There are more examples among Europeans. These several pictures is the only argument needed to prove you are dead wrong. 

It's like saying "unicorns exist" and I call you out on BS and you are like "you didn't provide any argument" LOL 

Just drop it and stop trying to save yourself with further BS.
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:52pm

With all due respect, there's no need for any argument when a suggested theory is so absurd. Roar posted pictures of only few instances of top players using equipment named after different players. Roar only showed the members of the CNT. There are more examples among Europeans. These several pictures is the only argument needed to prove you are dead wrong. 

It's like saying "unicorns exist" and I call you out on BS and you are like "you didn't provide any argument" LOL 

No, that isn't with all due respect.

As to my response to this, I refer you to my previous answer. You still haven't said anything. I have already responded to Roar - I'll accept current pictures, not past usage. The reason should be astoundingly obvious.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 6:53pm

As to my response to this, I refer you to my previous answer. You still haven't said anything. I have already responded to Roar - I'll accept current pictures, not past usage. The reason should be astoundingly obvious.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL I give up. You win Thumbs Up
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 7:35pm

Still looking for an explanation to why your theory about morals is dependent on what month and year it is? 

Edited by idk - 01/20/2013 at 7:35pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Still looking for an explanation to why your theory about morals is dependent on what month and year it is? 

Obvious trolling Approve either that or really.... well, you know Censored 
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 8:34pm
What I want to know is how many more blades Tibhar can make that have Samsonov's name on them?  And is this number greater than the number of BTY Timo Boll blades?  I am too lazy to count.

Other less rhetorical questions I have are for people who follow these things:  Does Maze still play with a Maze?  Does Liu Shiwen play with a Liu Shiwen?  Does Mizutani play still with a Mizutani?  Does Korbel play with any of the Korbels?  Does Primorac still play with either of the Primorac blades?  I know ZJK does not play with a ZJK. These last ones are serious questions, I actually don't know the answer, but think I read somewhere (almost certainly on one of the previous 71 pages of this thread) that Maze is now using a TB-ALC, so it made me wonder.  

Edited by Baal - 01/20/2013 at 8:37pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2013 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

What I want to know is how many more blades Tibhar can make that have Samsonov's name on them?  And is this number greater than the number of BTY Timo Boll blades?  I am too lazy to count.

Other less rhetorical questions I have are for people who follow these things:  Does Maze still play with a Maze?  Does Liu Shiwen play with a Liu Shiwen?  Does Mizutani play still with a Mizutani?  Does Korbel play with any of the Korbels?  Does Primorac still play with either of the Primorac blades?  I know ZJK does not play with a ZJK. These last ones are serious questions, I actually don't know the answer, but think I read somewhere (almost certainly on one of the previous 71 pages of this thread) that Maze is now using a TB-ALC, so it made me wonder.  

The last time I checked I saw Maze using TBS with handle tape for a while. He doesn't even play with Bryce on BH anymore but Tenergy. LSW does play with LSW. Korbel plays with customized Korbel Magic Hand with glassfiber. Maze

Edited by vutiendat1337 - 01/20/2013 at 10:32pm
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Lafetia Lafetia wrote:

Nice close up!
That is a Hurricane Long 2 blade. 
Saw its unique 2 red lines in other pictures. And its not a Hurricane Hao 3 nor a hurricane long 3......
National team players like himself can get their blades customized for them. He can use whatever handle he wants to. So please, commercial hurricane long 2 may be brown, but Ma Long's personal racket can be otherwise. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

not fewer than primorac blades, players that bear their names on blades dont win wttc
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 12:23pm
wang hao
Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 1:04pm
Liu Shiwen and Mizutani play with "their" blades. As far as I know Korbel is using a Korbel wood with customized thickness. Maze is using a TBS with T05 bothsides, Zoran Primorac is using the same combo.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 1:11pm
...he had been playing Long 2 too long.  LOL
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

Nice close up!
That is a Hurricane Long 2 blade. 
Saw its unique 2 red lines in other pictures. And its not a Hurricane Hao 3 nor a hurricane long 3......
National team players like himself can get their blades customized for them. He can use whatever handle he wants to. So please, commercial hurricane long 2 may be brown, but Ma Long's personal racket can be otherwise. 

LOLLOL your logic is so flawed
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 194>
  Share Topic