Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 6:39am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I don't think that they use booster for their tenergies.I think that this is happening also in chinese players...they don't need to use booster on tenergies..they are pretty fast from their own.Another thing is that I have never seen the edges from the tenergy rubbers to be up (after boosting) like the hurricanes and the skylines of the chinese players.Wink

If you've never seen what tenergy looks like when it's boosted, just take another look at the german championship photos. The only one that doesn't look like it's boosted to the limit is Boll's racket. 

Wink

I can see from your equipment that you are a defender and I guess that you have never played with tenergies.Maybe you have tried out this rubber....But I play with tenergies from the time they came out in market.And from the time the came out I was boosting them cause I was using a weak blade.So my friend, I think that I have seen more times than you, how a tenergy is boosted!

Edited by *_strataras_* - 10/29/2014 at 6:44am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Sponsored Links

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 6:39am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I don't think that they use booster for their tenergies.I think that this is happening also in chinese players...they don't need to use booster on tenergies..they are pretty fast from their own.Another thing is that I have never seen the edges from the tenergy rubbers to be up (after boosting) like the hurricanes and the skylines of the chinese players.Wink

Are you talking seriously? Or are you just talking in ironic mode??

I am serious.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 6:44am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Have seen Chuang's (CCY) racket boosted somewhere on this forum when he came to U.S. and he uses Tenergy....

I had the luck to talk with a couple of top players from my "conections".I was told that on tenergy, the most players, are not using booster.I can't be sure if all don't use booster, maybe some use.And as the other two friends regards, that they commended before you my friend DreiZ...they can see that I started my post with: "I don't think" which means I am not sure.I was told that the most top players dont use booster on tenergies and that's all.This thing I know, this thing I am saying.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 6:02pm
A can tell you, for sure, that most of French Pro Players are using bosster on their National Tenergies.
The higher the level, the more bosster is used, in France. I won't speak about other professional leagues, but I would be surprised alot if it wasn't the same. 

Also, here is the biggest issue for Stiga Airoc new rubbers : they don't "scale" good with booster. 
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 1:08am

Have seen Chuang's (CCY) racket boosted somewhere on this forum when he came to U.S. and he uses Tenergy....

I had the luck to talk with a couple of top players from my "conections".I was told that on tenergy, the most players, are not using booster.I can't be sure if all don't use booster, maybe some use.And as the other two friends regards, that they commended before you my friend DreiZ...they can see that I started my post with: "I don't think" which means I am not sure.I was told that the most top players dont use booster on tenergies and that's all.This thing I know, this thing I am saying.
ç
you gotta be very naive to believe you can play at pro level without booster,ask any person who has seen the pros in the warmup room, i know a  pro player who put 6 layers of booster, even there is a pic of mizutani's rubbers with the edges bent upward  its blatant and he was making an uproar about the booster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 3:19am
Originally posted by vivan4tt vivan4tt wrote:

A can tell you, for sure, that most of French Pro Players are using bosster on their National Tenergies.
The higher the level, the more bosster is used, in France. I won't speak about other professional leagues, but I would be surprised alot if it wasn't the same. 

Also, here is the biggest issue for Stiga Airoc new rubbers : they don't "scale" good with booster. 

It happenes to be in the French league Kalinikos Kreanga.And as I know he doesn't boost, and has never mentioned in conversations that someone boosts his tenergies.So the first question is, you know very well that the high pros of France that boost?Or you just hear somewhere that they boost?And the second question...are there National tenergies???If you know my friend that there are national tenergies, let me contact with you to take some rubbers.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 3:26am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

ç
you gotta be very naive to believe you can play at pro level without booster,ask any person who has seen the pros in the warmup room, i know a  pro player who put 6 layers of booster, even there is a pic of mizutani's rubbers with the edges bent upward  its blatant and he was making an uproar about the booster

If you believe that I am naive, you should keep it for yourself and not insult me infront of other people in a forum, you don't know me in personal.Secondly I expressed an opinion from what I've heard from real pros in some conversations that happened to be there...I have some friends who are very closed to some pros and happened to be there and listening but also asking.So what I say here, are words from the pros.What you say....are words from people have told, who have seen and asked pros in the backstage-warming up room!So there is no comparison I think.But please bbkon I remind you that it is my personal opinion from personalconversations I had, so please accept it as personal opinion, don't believe what I said or keep your opinion but just listen the other's opinion even if it is wrong and don't call the others naive.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 3:48am

ç

If you believe that I am naive, you should keep it for yourself and not insult me infront of other people in a forum, you don't know me in personal.Secondly I expressed an opinion from what I've heard from real pros in some conversations that happened to be there...I have some friends who are very closed to some pros and happened to be there and listening but also asking.So what I say here, are words from the pros.What you say....are words from people have told, who have seen and asked pros in the backstage-warming up room!So there is no comparison I think.But please bbkon I remind you that it is my personal opinion from personalconversations I had, so please accept it as personal opinion, don't believe what I said or keep your opinion but just listen the other's opinion even if it is wrong and don't call the others naive.

i said "you must be" i ve never said you are and what i know naive is not an insult and i never meant to insult you
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 5:37am
Ok, we should stop abou this thing and try to keep on discusing on table tennis.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 6:28am

I don't know if this is a high resolution enough photo, but to me it looks like the Tenergy is curling up?

Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 6:34am
Maybe some pros boosting their tenergies guys.I said I am not sure abou all of them.I said that my opinion is that the most of them dont boost cause I haven't seen any tenergy curled at the edges and from the discusions I was there with some pros.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 9:46am
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=75263#post75263

The question is not whether or not they boost, but rather what they use. It seems that no one really knows though.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 12:52pm

Ok, we should stop abou this thing and try to keep on discusing on table tennis.

i agree
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 12:59pm

Maybe some pros boosting their tenergies guys.I said I am not sure abou all of them.I said that my opinion is that the most of them dont boost cause I haven't seen any tenergy curled at the edges and from the discusions I was there with some pros.

they use heavy sidetape to keep the edges down, even in  countries where the tt is not so developed the 12 year old players boost
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 2:15pm
Timo Boll's racket on the World Cup:

I don't believe it's not tuned, just look how thick are the sponges. I have tuned T05 (with one layer) and it became thicker, but no way thick like the T05s on the photo.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 2:23pm
The racket passed racket testing so this is all about people trying to infer from pictures what they can not possibly know.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 2:36pm
There is no way any of these pros don't boost, the way the clicking sound coming of the rackets are crazy loud
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

There is no way any of these pros don't boost, the way the clicking sound coming of the rackets are crazy loud
Korbel once said that anyone not boosting was trying to injure themselves. My question is whether you can tell someone is boosting just by looking at their racket.
Cybershape Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The racket passed racket testing so this is all about people trying to infer from pictures what they can not possibly know.

you can boost and air the rubbers and the test will be ok, i boost my rubber and after some days is flat and looks flat in the blade with no curl
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 2:54pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

you can boost and air the rubbers and the test will be ok, i boost my rubber and after some days is flat and looks flat in the blade with no curl

Which has nothing to do with the question of whether visual inspection can confirm boosting.
Cybershape Carbon
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by carbon136 carbon136 wrote:

I don't believe it's not tuned, just look how thick are the sponges. I have tuned T05 (with one layer) and it became thicker, but no way thick like the T05s on the photo.

Yes, but it could still be legal (factory tuned). I asked him about his Tenergies when I met him during his visit to Spin NYC. He said that BTY 'provides him with the heaviest Tenergies they have'.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 7:32pm

It happenes to be in the French league Kalinikos Kreanga.And as I know he doesn't boost, and has never mentioned in conversations that someone boosts his tenergies.So the first question is, you know very well that the high pros of France that boost?Or you just hear somewhere that they boost?And the second question...are there National tenergies???If you know my friend that there are national tenergies, let me contact with you to take some rubbers.

You can get them at the best possible price at saletabletennis.com
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 12:08pm

Are they legit or fake? I have never heard of that online shop.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2014 at 2:00pm

You belive these are 100% legit???And don't say "yes" only from the looking...Have you bought them and tried out?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 2:34am
Yup they are 100% legit. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2014 at 3:34am
I will have my doubts.Sorry friend, but it a personal opinion!Tongue
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 7:25am
Jun Mizutani talks about his equipment changes during the World Cup, and his plastic-related worries in general:

http://ameblo.jp/mizutani-jun-blog/entry-11947079017.html

This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
roger_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 11:29am
After reading this thread, I'm not sure if the rubbers are legit.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67811&KW=&title=is-saletabletenniscom-reliable
Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 1:17pm
Here is a link with some Equipment photos from the latest world Cup:

http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/329/world-cup-2014-die-schlaeger-der-world-cup-stars
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 5:38pm
Does anyone know what Oh Sang Eun used after SG ban. I know before it was Korbel + Sriver?
BTY website has custom + T05.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 194>
  Share Topic