Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 10:44am
I have heard he has waldner carbo senso blade with t05 bh and jp01 or jp01 turbo on fh.
Sponsored Links

Chicobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2017 at 2:01pm
I vaguely remember someone wrote on tt-daily that waldner used stiga genesis rubbers.
Stiga Genesis x2 on Nexy Rubicon
Galaxy Moon/Air Illumina Alpha on Andro Temper Tech Off-
USATT 1620...Learning to play vs long pips
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 5:48pm
from Hungaria open. at least handle of B2

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 6:05am
Waldner played all the time the same blades. He has around 3 blades which he prefers. One or two of these blades are a veneer mix of Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba 5-ply wood without carbon like Donic Waldner Dicon or Banda Waldner off or Donic Waldner Off. Further the blades he is using has a blade size of around 150x158 and a thickness of approximately 5,4 mm. In the aera of gluing time he used maximum rubbers ( 2,3 mm approx ). This is for sure. The old Dicon has 5,4 mm. The newer Dicon blades have 5,8 mm and also the new Donic Waldner Off special edition has 5,8 or 5,9 mm. The blades that Donic is selling nowadays are total different blades from Waldner original blades in every sense.  But the most interesting question is what kind of Dimensions does his handle have on all his favourite blades he is using and also the shoulder wide. Once I have seen him playing with old Donic Dicon with the small shoulder wide. The handle has very nice and harmonic dimensions and it feels perfect for that kind of style like Waldner plays. Why do I know that. Well, randomly I have one of these blades he is using-it has total different handle dimensions and the blade is just amazing. It allows you technics and makes just fun to play with. That is my first and last blade of special blades.

Because of the rubbers, now he uses most time Butterfly Tenergy 05 maxumium both sides. Of cours sometimes he tries out other rubbers from time to time. For me is the most important thing first the handle of the blade, then comes rubber at last. Even the speed of the blade is not too important for me, mainly allround - offensive. Bytheway, the old veneer mix of Waldners blade has very a good speed, not too fast but fast enoug to make pressure. And it has a nice flexibility to produce a nice controlled spin. That blade is made for every kind of style because of the best combination of speed flex controll touch.....and not to forget the harmonic handle dimensions.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 6:13am
Most of the Donic blades of the new era have a small head sizes and believe me, nearly no one of the real good players in the world uses those kind of small head dimensions which is Donic selling. Most of them have just approx 149x155 mm. Just unbalanced. This I wanted to know you, if something is interested in good tt equipment.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 3:36pm
I know for certain that his forehand rubber is the Bluefire JP01 max (no turbo), he gave it away after his last match.

And he uses the JO Shape WSC since the 40mm ball, before it was the Dicon and before that one it was the Banda Waldner

Edit: I also heard that he did NOT use max rubbers during the speed glue era, instead he used 2.0 J.O. Waldner Rubbers.

Edited by Fabian1890 - 02/04/2017 at 3:37pm
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 6:52pm
What I want to say is that forget about Donic blades. The standard blades and the handles of them are not really good for advanced table tennis styles. Because you never get the real good interesting and useful blades.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 6:58pm
then just buy JO Shape? Not hard to get and the WSC is an excellent blade in the JO Shape, great control and touch with good speed.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 6:59pm
And yes you can get the WSC even with JO Shape but you will never get the same handle dimensions Waldner is using. I have one modell with the original handle dimensions of Waldner he is using. So if you buy that WSC don't expect too much because you won't be satisfied. All the small Donic head sizes are good for nothing, maybe small children need smaller headsize but not really, the need just a light weight blade.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 7:05pm
Sure you can try the blade, I have tried it but I was never satisfied. The speed of the blade is very slow, maximum allround. Even Donic Waldner Exclusive AR+ has more speed.  The biggest problem is the handle doesn't feel at all like the old Dicon blade I have which is Waldner using.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

And yes you can get the WSC even with JO Shape but you will never get the same handle dimensions Waldner is using. I have one modell with the original handle dimensions of Waldner he is using. So if you buy that WSC don't expect too much because you won't be satisfied. All the small Donic head sizes are good for nothing, maybe small children need smaller headsize but not really, the need just a light weight blade.

Not everybody has the same size hand and not everybody grips the racket the same way
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

Not everybody has the same size hand and not everybody grips the racket the same way

how do you know hw played with diffrent blade same handle?
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 4:49am
there are pictures of a member here who got a WSC which was lost by Waldner, it looks pretty much as any WSC JO Shape you can buy. He also used a few during the last years, you can see it on the handle, the little colored squares are different on some photos.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

there are pictures of a member here who got a WSC which was lost by Waldner, it looks pretty much as any WSC JO Shape you can buy. He also used a few during the last years, you can see it on the handle, the little colored squares are different on some photos.

the guy who found the raquet said the blade was faster and different than stock model
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 8:35am
yeah, the JO Shape is a bit faster and stiffer and different than the normal stock model...
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:16am
Hey guys, do you really think a player like Waldner is playing a regular WSC with small head size like they are selling ( 150x155mm),which is a allround blade because of the speed. The regular WSC has no flexibility and less speed. Ok, you can then buy the jO shape Version which has at least a longer head size but then you still haven't got the handle size of Waldner's blade. I saw Waldner using on a tournament his old Donic Dicon blade with small wings and JO shape and with total different handle shape like the ones we get now. It has a characteristic sound because of the thin blade with 5,4 mm around and bigger head size and not to forget with more weight. Back then the old Donic, Banda Waldner blades had all thoroughly more weight although they were thinner blades. Now, and this is a while ago, they have changed something on the blade material. It is very strange, although the new Dicon and also the Waldner special edition 2016 blade has now more thickness (5,8- 5,9 mm) but it weighs less. I have the feeling they keep us for fools.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:44am
ttspirit I can agree with all you say, but jus to solve your curiosity about what is happening now and the blades come more light here is the answer: Under the handle cups, the middle layers(main blade) have hole, firstly for better feeling (what the companies state) and secondly to get the weight lower.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 10:57am
Well, check this out...

one of those is mine, one is Waldner's. Do you know which one is which?
You can't really compare the blade length itself, since the rubbers are cut really bad on both, but you can at least compare the handle which is pretty much the same... Minor difference might also be due to to perspective.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 1:01pm
As I have noticed so many times J.O.'s set up since I started playing tt many years ago, I would say that the left is JO's blade, cause I have seen his rubbers cut really bad for his experience. LOL
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 11:37pm
colors are off on the handle
one starts with orange the other with red
and the finish is grey and yellow 
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 11:38pm
left one is not you're set up
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 8:03am
every WSC has different colors :) They are put together at random
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 10:23am
Purett, I agree with Fabian, every donic blade that has these little colored squares, the order of the sqares is random.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

ttspirit I can agree with all you say, but jus to solve your curiosity about what is happening now and the blades come more light here is the answer: Under the handle cups, the middle layers(main blade) have hole, firstly for better feeling (what the companies state) and secondly to get the weight lower.

Hi strataras, because of the weight I'm not 100% sure but what I know and see is that the old dicon has bigger head size ( 149x160 ) with thickness of 5,4 . The newer ones have head size 150x155 mm but more thickness with 5,8 mm, The handles are nearly same because of the weight but the handles are total different in thickness and handle radius. The new Waldner Dicons have also much much bigger wider bad wings and the handle thickness is around 24 mm. The old has around 23mm but different handle radius and if you compare them at the same time you will feel the difference because of the different handle radius. For the weight now and then it seems to me that the reason for the less weight nowadays is the clearly smaller head size even though the Dicon became more thickness. Allright that is understood I think.

But if we look at the pictures of the blades here, it is hard to see the little differences of the blade which has big consequences. As you know I have had nearly all blades in the world and tried many blades and I gave most of them away because I'm not an collector. What I want to say is that it is not very easy to see the differences of the blades from our stars just by watching pictures, but If you are experienced then you can get very near but not 100% every time. Specially for the old Dicon it has a special sound and if you compare to the new ones maybe you could hear the difference if you have tested 1000 blades.... The new has total different sound, it is harder and has less flex. so it has different sound.
I'm a lucky one because I have also the original Waldner Dicon blade and I was surprised how it plays. Just everything is different compared to the new blades, even if you buy the new Donic JO shape blades. Biggest difference for me is the unlike handle dimensions. If you had the original blade of Waldner you would throw away the new Donic blades. I have given them all away. Only the original Version of Waldner makes sense for me and most it makes fun to play with it because you feel like Waldner, no matter if you loose or win.

Let's notice this:

original Waldner blade has 5,4 thickness
                         handle length 102,50 mm
                         handle wideness 29 mm maximum
                         handle thickness 23,1 - 23,3 mm
                         handle radius,shape: total different, how can I describe this for you ? But this is very very important if you want same blade like Waldner has. For me it is easy to see the differences because I have o-blade and new Versions
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 1:10pm
Maybe it would be easier to see some differences if you could see the end of his handles..
Also the small wings are little bit different from all the new Jo shape blades.

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 1:10pm
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 1:11pm
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 1:12pm
putzzml View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote putzzml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 3:20pm
What blade Shibaev use in this Europe top 16 ?
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

Well, check this out.
one of those is mine, one is Waldner's. Do you know which one is which?
You can't really compare the blade length itself, since the rubbers are cut really bad on both, but you can at least compare the handle which is pretty much the same... Minor difference might also be due to to perspective.

Your cutting is almost as good as Waldner's! Wink Keep on rolling!
Fly away!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 194>
  Share Topic