Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

My opinion is that it's Tibhar hybrid k1.

is that Asia only exclusive rubber? Never heard of it before.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 3:09pm

From search look like possible man, has you try it and how about speed spin if compare with mxp? So thanks 😃
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Yeah, it's currently asia only.  ESN, made in germany, exported to asia.  Very cheap, ttnpp have been selling it for a while now.  It's been my FH rubber for most of this year.  Now Vladi is using it I might switch.  #oldnews
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 6:37pm
- The red rubber sponge almost looks purple? Doesn't look like an MX-S/MX-P sponge to me at all. Lighting obviously plays a role but thats pretty far away from red/orange'ish red.

- Why would he use a Tibhar Hybrid K1? Wouldn't he rather just use an EL-S if he's looking for something 'easier' to play?
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 7:44pm
Any idea what blade Xu Fei is hitting with? It looks really really thin, 5 ply with carbon, great for a two winged penholder with RPB. Specially selected hurricane long v ??

Edited by jk92 - 08/03/2017 at 7:45pm
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 7:54pm
Looks like an N301 to me. Basically a HL5 with Koto outers. 
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 8:15am
It is N301, u can see it in the photo, if u take a more carefull look. But N301 is not like HL5, it is like the wang hao 3.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

- The red rubber sponge almost looks purple? Doesn't look like an MX-S/MX-P sponge to me at all. Lighting obviously plays a role but thats pretty far away from red/orange'ish red.

- Why would he use a Tibhar Hybrid K1? Wouldn't he rather just use an EL-S if he's looking for something 'easier' to play?

When you get to Vladi's level, I'm not sure "easier to play" is a positive thing.  There could be lots of reasons for him to switch, but it has been pointed out over at TTD that he used to use chinese tacky before - Grip-S.  So perhaps he wants to try a tacky topsheet for a bit, rather than the usual non-tacky stuff like EL-S.

Edited by AndySmith - 08/04/2017 at 9:41am
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 6:12pm

When you get to Vladi's level, I'm not sure "easier to play" is a positive thing.  There could be lots of reasons for him to switch, but it has been pointed out over at TTD that he used to use chinese tacky before - Grip-S.  So perhaps he wants to try a tacky topsheet for a bit, rather than the usual non-tacky stuff like EL-S.

Agreed ! It might even be H3, I cannot get a good picture but the sponge kinda look like H3
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 5:17am

Yeah, it's currently asia only.  ESN, made in germany, exported to asia.  Very cheap, ttnpp have been selling it for a while now.  It's been my FH rubber for most of this year.  Now Vladi is using it I might switch.  #oldnews

I see has tibhar hybrid k1 and k1 plus (more speed) maybe which one you recommend
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 7:11am
K1+ is the same topsheet but slightly harder sponge. It just comes down to preference.

It isn't H3. I saw the K1 logo yesterday.

Although today when playing Joo he'd changed something. Had red on his forehand side. Looking for some close-up footage at the mo.
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 7:33am
I asked Samsonov if he would confirmed rumours about him using mxp on his forehand and mxs on his backhand about two hours ago.
He said they are the same rubbers.
I then asked why he flipped his blade; again saying that there are news about the 'mxs' having better control or that he was tired at the later stages of his games.
He said no such thing and that the reason why he flipped to the other side was when he felt the rubber on this side was ' old '; I think he may have wanted to say the rubber on this side dirtied with dust.
Very affable fellow. 

penholderxxx

Iloveplayingtabletennis
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 11:00am
They are the same rubbers? He def does not play MXP on FH and BH and he has def switched to the K1 in his most recent games
pabueno7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pabueno7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 11:39am
Hi! Waldner actually used 2.0mm throughout his table tennis career. He gave me his donic waldner sheets after losing to chuan chih-yuan at the 2004 u.s. open. I watched him speed glue his rubber from the moment he took it out of the package to when he started playing with it in the hall. He literally poured his speed glue bottle onto his sponge. Then immediately placed it onto his blade while pressing his hand onto the rubber while moving it around in a semi circle. Afterwards he would sit on his blade while it dried and all the while conversing with persson in Swedish. Keep in mind that this was the first phase of priming his rubbers. These sheets were being primed for his matches 2 days from the day he first glued them. He preferred 2.0 because of the vast amount of speed glue they use that anything beyond 2.0 would be too fast.
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 11:40am
Well, I do not know about his other recent games. In this instance, I had managed to speak to him after the matches when the fans were allowed to mingle with the players and had specifically wanted to asked him about his rubbers; having read the on going discussion on the matter in this thread.
If I can speak to him again the next time round, maybe I will ask to  take photos of the rubbers; if he is agreeable. LOL

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 12:06pm
Please take pics!! Thatd be amazing
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 12:23pm
Seems like he's back with the old combo. This is vs. Joo S.H.

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 12:47pm
I can't find the photo now, but today I saw a photo of Bernadette Szocs playing with Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Ed. FL.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

It is N301, u can see it in the photo, if u take a more carefull look. But N301 is not like HL5, it is like the wang hao 3.

I'm afraid you are wrong about the structure of the blade, it definitely is not like hurricane hao 3. Hurricane Hao 3 has a single carbon weave layer right at the middle center layer of the blade.

N301 is like the previous poster has mentioned, very similar to HL-5, except the outer layer is koto instead of limba.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 3:51pm

Well, as experiments go we can definitely say that this one was....short.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 4:06pm

Well, as experiments go we can definitely say that this one was....short.

LOL, indeed!
azv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 5:03pm
Nice close up of the Harimoto's bty custom blade http://imgur.com/a/eDAnR

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 5:05pm
Is that ALC layer 3rd or 2nd? Looks like 3rd to me making it similar to innerforce ALC with ZJK handle?
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 5:44pm
Those are pretty heavily boosted tenergies there on his blade. They are coming off on the sides because of the boosting.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 12:47am

CCA's bh rubber looks like the previously mentioned Hybrid K1, possibly.
Looks like some tibhar sponsored players are EJing around, following Andy's trend. Or maybe CCA borrowed Vladis racket.

Edited by DreiZ - 08/07/2017 at 12:49am
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 2:14am

Is that ALC layer 3rd or 2nd? Looks like 3rd to me making it similar to innerforce ALC with ZJK handle?

I attended this match and I had borrowed the blade from Harimoto, Mizutani and Samsonov. Harimoto is using innerforce alc with ZJK handle. Not sure is Innerforce layer alc or old innerforce alc type. He changes his blade every 3 years.

I borrowed blade from Mizutani as well. Mizutani is using Mizutani ZLC (non custom made), it is similar to what we can get in the market. In fact it is the 1st version without green butterfly hologram. Mizutani uses butterfly metal weight to cover his blade to increase the head weight. Surprisingly, Mizutani's blade is very light, estimate 80g-85g without T80 on both.

Samsonov has 3 blades. One is force pro black edition, CCA (Carbon) and another carbon blade (I did not familiar with Tibhar blades and his sweat bend is covering it). These 3 blades are NON custom made blades, but very light weight. When I hold it on my hand, I can tell the blades are weight less than 90g. He told me he swapped between these 3 blades, and he did NOT like to change new blade. He told me, he usually will use blades until surface peel off, if not he will not change his blade, which is around 5 years or more.

Joo See Hyuk is not using long pimple on backhand to chop at T2 league, he is using a flat rubber. Not sure what is that rubber, no chance to talk to him.

karlsson mattias is using Rakza x on backhand, he changes is blade every 6 months, he told me.
Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 2:40am
Harimoto blade doesn't look like Arylate Carbon, it looks like Zylon Carbon blades or Carbon Kevlar.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

danggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 4:37am
Cherng, why they should the low weight blade?
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 6:53am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I'm afraid you are wrong about the structure of the blade, it definitely is not like hurricane hao 3. Hurricane Hao 3 has a single carbon weave layer right at the middle center layer of the blade.

N301 is like the previous poster has mentioned, very similar to HL-5, except the outer layer is koto instead of limba.

Yes yes, true
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by cherng cherng wrote:

Joo See Hyuk is not using long pimple on backhand to chop at T2 league, he is using a flat rubber. Not sure what is that rubber, no chance to talk to him.

No wonder he's playing so poorly. Are you sure about this one? have you seen his setup in person? it's been confirmed times and times that he's been playing Curl P-1R for many years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 144145146147148 195>
  Share Topic