Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2015 at 7:07pm
Vladi pulled a ma long when he used a pg13 or whatever it was, and then switched to his sig blade. From an affordable all wood to the most expensive blade offered by Tibhar.

In reality, CCA unlimited is just a more powerful SCCB because the carbon-Kevlar layer is the same in both. Outer ply looks like limba so that's the same. The only differences are the carbon Kevlar layer in SCCB is inner, not outer compared to CCA unlimited; and thickness is different I assume.

Correct if I'm wrong on the composition.

As someone mentioned, could be a marketing thing to push sales for Tibhar's most expensive blade.

Edited by DreiZ - 12/16/2015 at 7:09pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Vladi pulled a ma long when he used a pg13 or whatever it was, and then switched to his sig blade. From an affordable all wood to the most expensive blade offered by Tibhar.

In reality, CCA unlimited is just a more powerful SCCB because the carbon-Kevlar layer is the same in both. Outer ply looks like limba so that's the same. The only differences are the carbon Kevlar layer in SCCB is inner, not outer compared to CCA unlimited; and thickness is different I assume.

Correct if I'm wrong on the composition.

As someone mentioned, could be a marketing thing to push sales for Tibhar's most expensive blade.

Where do you get that vladi used a pg13?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2015 at 1:59pm
Vladi pulled a ma long meaning he used an affordable cheap all wood but went to the most expensive composite in the line up.

Vladi obviously didn't use a pg7 (not pg13** mixed up the names). He used the force pro, which is an affordable all wood, but then switched to CCAU.

In contrast to Ma Long, who used a pg7 but then changed to his sig blade (hurricane long or whatever it's called).

Point is. These moves by players from a relatively cheap blade to the most expensive blades offered by their sponsor very well can be a money driven tactic to increase profits.

Edited by DreiZ - 12/17/2015 at 2:10pm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2015 at 4:06pm
Regarding tactic: would you buy 169EUR Tibhar CCA blade?Embarrassed
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2015 at 5:10pm
I can add to Fan Zhendong's switch to Hurricane 3 on backhand. 

My best friend has some good connections back home- he gets to go to pro tournaments as media if he's around because his friend is a reporter, and he chats with a couple of CNT members via wechat pretty regularly, so sometimes I get to ask them funnier questions. 

But his friend was visiting CNT two days ago. She sent him a few videos from her phone of the training she was getting to see because they're about to do the internal trials for A team and B team (only the top 8 or 10 players don't have to play, everyone else has to) and she said that Wu Jingping told her he made Fan Zhendong switch to "Try something new". Although i'm sure there are probably more technical reasons (maybe not?) that's all he said to her about it. 

Edited by beeray1 - 12/17/2015 at 5:12pm
jony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2015 at 8:00pm
tibhar cca that wood center? tibhar sccb is balsa, tibhar cca parese me more a clon of butterfly michael maze arylate carbon. some reviews??
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2015 at 9:25pm
SSCB is not balsa core. It's either kiri or Ayous.

CCAU is a remodeled tibhar Freitas blade which is a mmaze clone.
login View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 1:16am
CCAU : 7.1mm, outer ALC

SSCB : 5.5mm, inner ALC

Completely different.

No M.Maze, No M.Freitas.

Edited by login - 12/18/2015 at 1:17am
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 8:05am
Originally posted by login login wrote:

Completely different.

No M.Maze, No M.Freitas.

I don't know where you got this info but it's wrong. This thickness is from CCA 7 not Unlimited.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 8:25am
I'm assuming he got the 7.1 number from tt11 website. That's the only source that I found that lists CCAU in that thickness.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 8:59am

I'm assuming he got the 7.1 number from tt11 website. That's the only source that I found that lists CCAU in that thickness.

I have to say that (looking at the images of the two) I doubt that the CCA-U is as thick as the CCA-7, so it could be that the TT11 thickness measurement is a copy/paste error.

I could be wrong, but if the CCCA-U is 7.1mm then the core must be massively thick, and it doesn't look that way to me.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 10:13am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I have to say that (looking at the images of the two) I doubt that the CCA-U is as thick as the CCA-7, so it could be that the TT11 thickness measurement is a copy/paste error.

I could be wrong, but if the CCCA-U is 7.1mm then the core must be massively thick, and it doesn't look that way to me.

I agree.

For a cb-Kevlar blade which suppose to match BTY alc blades it shouldn't be that thick.
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 10:30am
I agree too! It definitely doesn't look like a 7mm thick blade. Probably just an error. Somebody should email TT11 and ask them to verify.

The Tibhar catalog doesn't list thickness.
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 10:41am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I can add to Fan Zhendong's switch to Hurricane 3 on backhand. 

My best friend has some good connections back home- he gets to go to pro tournaments as media if he's around because his friend is a reporter, and he chats with a couple of CNT members via wechat pretty regularly, so sometimes I get to ask them funnier questions. 

But his friend was visiting CNT two days ago. She sent him a few videos from her phone of the training she was getting to see because they're about to do the internal trials for A team and B team (only the top 8 or 10 players don't have to play, everyone else has to) and she said that Wu Jingping told her he made Fan Zhendong switch to "Try something new". Although i'm sure there are probably more technical reasons (maybe not?) that's all he said to her about it. 
Interesting information there. Sometimes when I feel I'm not improving, I switch rubbers or blade for short periods, just to make myself deal with the changes. Then after switch back to my old set up, I usually get better feeling for the ball. It may not have any reasonable explanations, it just works.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
login View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2015 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by login login wrote:

Completely different.

No M.Maze, No M.Freitas.

I don't know where you got this info but it's wrong. This thickness is from CCA 7 not Unlimited.

Sorry. I get a CCAU today.

6mm, 157*150mm
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2015 at 10:17am
Login, can you do a test/review of CCAU for us, or just pictures of it. I'm interested in composition of this blade. You can post it in the "pictures of your blade" thread if you want. Thanks!
login View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2015 at 9:29am

Thank you for your mail and your interest in our products.
Vladimir Samsonov plays with CCA Unlimited with FL handle.
He plays Evolution MX-P on both sides.
Best regards,

Your TIBHAR Team

TIBHAR
Tibor Harangozo GmbH
Fenner Strasse 62a Tel : (+49) (0)6898 / 93 30 0
DE - 66127 Saarbruecken Fax: (+49) (0)6898 / 93 30 33
 ====================================================================

Samsonov use a CCAU FL Grip, Evo MX-P both side now.
benspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2015 at 10:24am

This is what I saw in ATTC 2015.
Life is so short, so do what you love while sharing with who around you.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2015 at 12:14am
Originally posted by benspin benspin wrote:

This is what I saw in ATTC 2015.

Where do you get that red h3?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2015 at 11:07pm
I have 37 deg H3 orange sponge but without printing....
Perhaps I should Try to boost it with Dianchi and see how it perform....
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

PowerChop23 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerChop23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 11:23am
So does still nobody know which blade Ovtcharov is currently using? For me it's the biggest secret. We know Fan Zhendongs blade, Zhang Jike's, Ma Long's etc. but still no one has a idea what Ovtcharov is using?

Ok we know at the beginning of his carrer, he was using an WSC. After that, Donic told us he was using a special made WSC, thicker core etc. Then we see him with the Clipper Blade (so he always had a blade with a ayous core) and after that it's a mystery.

A lot of you saying he's using a Butterfly ALC blade but I don't think that he changed a lot from his main blade composition, what is: Ayous Core, Carbon Layer around the middle core and Limba as outer veneer. Instead of that, Kiri at the Core and the Carbon Layer under the outer venner would be cousing a total different playing style.

For me the only Butterfly blades who could be possible would be one of the innerforce series. A long time ago we also saw a picture of ma Long giving him some of his long 5 blades.

So that's my opinion! But I hope someone can tell us what he's using right now!
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 11:54am
It is quite hard to see, but there a recent pic on TTD where you can see some kind of composite layer in Dima's blade.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8767&d=1450687313

Edited by Giangt - 01/04/2016 at 11:54am
login View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Giangt Giangt wrote:

It is quite hard to see, but there a recent pic on TTD where you can see some kind of composite layer in Dima's blade.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8767&d=1450687313

kiri core, ALC...

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 3:06pm
Did ZJK use T05FX on his backhand during the 2015 Grand Finals?
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 6:11pm
hao shuai switched to viscaria from his DHS blade for CSL 2015. not sure if this is old news :p

Edited by kurokami - 01/04/2016 at 6:11pm
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2016 at 3:49am
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2016 at 6:31am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Did ZJK use T05FX on his backhand during the 2015 Grand Finals?

highly doubt it. it was 64 for a while now.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2016 at 9:52am

http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&bn=1&rpcdno=1931#1931

Koki Niwa switches contract to Victas.

Nice one!

Is he their first big attacker signing or were there more before? I know Ying Han is with them, but she's a chopper, and was probably and easier conversion given Matsushita was one himself.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2016 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

http://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&bn=1&rpcdno=1931#1931

Koki Niwa switches contract to Victas.

Nice one!

Is he their first big attacker signing or were there more before? I know Ying Han is with them, but she's a chopper, and was probably and easier conversion given Matsushita was one himself.

They've got Yuto Muramatsu (defender) and Takuto Izumo (young attacker) but yes, this is a big signing for Victas.  They're making inroads into the domestic Japanese scene anyway, but having Niwa on board is a positive statement of intent.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2016 at 11:38pm
I wonder if Koki will actually use their equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if he did.  I think culturally they take that thing more seriously, like it's actually an honor and commitment. But my only basis for comparison is when Shiono went straight into using all donic everything. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 195>
  Share Topic