Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 3:51pm
Jon Person from TB ALC to Hadraw SR
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Sponsored Links

ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

timo boll "ST" is done by michel detrigne so you couldn't have the same...

it is the same method as my korbell "ST" :

https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping/photos/a.1709524455946733.1073741831.1655273024705210/1709524792613366/?type=3&theater

This is how michel detrigne did your handle after sanding it down? Or this is how you made the handle?

strataras, you are so curious. We are talking about the handle shape and dimensions! Not about blade sealing. Michel Detrigne , who cares. That is just simply brainless. Please read the sentences carefully bevor you give odd ideas.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2016 at 5:12pm

https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping/photos/a.1709524455946733.1073741831.1655273024705210/1709524792613366/?type=3&theater

Boss1703, don't be so foolish and believe these kind of rumors. Do you really think detrigne has developed Bolls handles and its dimensions ? Don't you believe that was Butterfly, what else ? Butterfly in cooperation with Timo Bolls needs, thats all. I know the exact story from Tasei Imamura. But that's ok for me if you believe your own imagination and misbelief. All the Story began first with Butterfly Viscaria ST handles and Timo Boll...
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 1:55am
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

This is how michel detrigne did your handle after sanding it down? Or this is how you made the handle?

strataras, you are so curious. We are talking about the handle shape and dimensions! Not about blade sealing. Michel Detrigne , who cares. That is just simply brainless. Please read the sentences carefully bevor you give odd ideas.

ttspirit, maybe you are the brainless here. First of all, talk more nicely to people you don't know because I dont remember talking to you like this, got it ttspirit???

AND secondly, if you read more carefully, i didnt ask him abgout the sealing, but for the modification of his handle, so open your eyes and read more carefully please because you answer without seeing the posts and everyone is watching you!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 4:45am
Hello wake up! The ST handle is not done by detrigne- it is a development of Butterfly and Timo BOll, a development from Viscaria ST to Spirit ST and from Spirit ST to Boll ALC ST and nothing else. I think you are talking about cosmetic things...,that's what you are interested in ? Allright, but please don't bore us with details we allready know or don't want to know or heard thousand times. Thank you for your comprehension. Again, we are talking about handle dimensions like wideness and thickness and handle shapes. Maybe detrigne is a good blade sealer but call it now a day. By the way, the fewest have a blade treatment from detrigne and there is no need that everybody has that. That is just overrated and not practical for everybody. A simple good and smooth sealing does its job. That' all.

Have a nice day.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 4:50am
I think it was just a fauklt from you to write down "Timo boll ST is done by detrigne". YOu should write down corectly " Timo Boll's blade is done by detrigne, specially the blade !

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Giangt Giangt wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Who is Michel Detrigne?
Thats the guy who lacquer the pro's blades e.g. for Timo, Dima...

Does he use some method different from anyone else who seals a blade?

Edit.  Insomnia, so I spent some time on a French language forum.  One person described his sealing method as like "the magic potion of Panoramix", (from Asterix cartoons).  So apparently he has some unique method that he does as a favor to people he knows who include some pretty famous pros.  I wonder what it is? 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 8:04am
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

Hello wake up! The ST handle is not done by detrigne- it is a development of Butterfly and Timo BOll, a development from Viscaria ST to Spirit ST and from Spirit ST to Boll ALC ST and nothing else. I think you are talking about cosmetic things...,that's what you are interested in ? Allright, but please don't bore us with details we allready know or don't want to know or heard thousand times. Thank you for your comprehension. Again, we are talking about handle dimensions like wideness and thickness and handle shapes. Maybe detrigne is a good blade sealer but call it now a day. By the way, the fewest have a blade treatment from detrigne and there is no need that everybody has that. That is just overrated and not practical for everybody. A simple good and smooth sealing does its job. That' all.

Have a nice day.

WHO has to wake up spirit??? YOU must wake up!!! I was not talking about your post about the handle of timo boll or ovtcharov!!! I was asking Boss1703
I was refering to Boss1703's blade who has uploaded photos in his facebook profile, you will see it in the previous page of the thread.
I never talked talked about your posts about the pros handles, so you should wake up!

Edited by *_strataras_* - 09/07/2016 at 8:07am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 11:16am
By the way, Michel Detrigne also changes the handle of the blades he treats (unless they have their own specific handle I guess, e.g. Donic on BTY blade for example)

I held a treated Maze ST in my hands, and the handle is nothing like the original one. The player who ended up playing with it preferred it to his original Maze ST.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 11:25am
Well Olio I also repair blades  here in Greece and I know the needs of the handle-head balance, or the balance in handle specs beacuse many players have sent me their blades to repair them, even if it is broken etc. That's why I ask Boss1703 if he made this korbel's handle by himself or he sent it to Michel D. to make it like this. And I say that IF Michel D. made this handle like this, it is completely awful for his experience. BUT if Boss1703 made this handle by himself to his blade, then I can understand bad result, cause we can all understand it is better something to be fixed by someone with experience, and not by someone who has never done this before.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 11:53am

Who is Michel Detrigne?

Edit.  Insomnia, so I spent some time on a French language forum.  One person described his sealing method as like "the magic potion of Panoramix", (from Asterix cartoons).  So apparently he has some unique method that he does as a favor to people he knows who include some pretty famous pros.  I wonder what it is? 

What are the features you get of a blade treated by michelle detrigne?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Who is Michel Detrigne?

What are the features you get of a blade treated by michelle detrigne?

Maybe it gets some magical properties like Baal said  LOLLOL
It becomes Ss--->Super sealed
Like we say Szlc
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2016 at 4:05pm
Allright strataras, it was a missunderstanding from me between me of you and Boss1706. So Therefore I'm sorry strataras. Then all the rubbish is who ever believes detrine has done Timo Boll ST handle. The only one that has done or developed Timo Boll ST handle is Butterfly with Timo only, because I have infos at first hand ( Tasei Imamura ). At that time he didn't know me at all and that was my advantage. So we talked about nearly 1 hour and he told me secret things that he wouldn't have told at all if he had known that I'm an experienced blade tester. He talked to me like a stranger and so he told me storys and gave away to me private details. Because of this I have a clear knowledge about his handle dimensions. At the moment I'm workig on finding out Waldners blade and handle dimensions... I've got allready some nice details to piece together a puzzle. Maybe someday I will share it...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2016 at 2:15am
No problem at all ttspirit! I just didnt like the way you talked to me, otherwise it would be a quite missunderstanding Wink 
Anyway, I never dissagreed for your opinion in pro's handles, I can understand that many of the pros want their handle dimessions because the blades are the weapon which bring them money to live! I also agree with you about the handle dimessions because I own 4 blades of Kreanga and 3 of them are sanded down to Kreanga's needs, the 4th that I have is already constructed by butterfly at his requirements.
But the all thing was the Boss1703's handle of his korbel, which I think it is not well modified, but I can understand if this is work of Boss1703, but if this handle is work of Michel Detrigne, then I think it is not well and beautiful modified! Wink
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2016 at 8:09pm
Hi ttspirit
Doesn't this clip prove your point about pro's handles? at 38:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-CrOj3pJOs

Edited by shaun729 - 09/08/2016 at 9:59pm
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2016 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by shaun729 shaun729 wrote:

Hi ttspirit
Does this clip prove your point about pro's handles? at 38:09

never watched this instruction video long enough to notice this. Good find.

I wonder why BTY doesnt just make "Wide/Large" grip versions of the handles for players with larger hands like Nittaku does, at least for their more popular blades.

Edited by DreiZ - 09/08/2016 at 9:43pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
shaun729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 3:31am
I like Stiga blades because they have 2 different sized flared handles.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 6:46am
Originally posted by shaun729 shaun729 wrote:

Hi ttspirit
Doesn't this clip prove your point about pro's handles? at 38:09

Hi shaun729, it does reflect exactly what I'm talking about and trying to have you guys understand and that you people don't let fool you from the industry telling us lies and selling us non professional equipment. I mean butterfly or Donic tells us that timo boll is playing with a straight handle blade, then I want exact the same ST handle Version which has been optimized, when I spend my dollars and euros for it. And if I'm not being able to handle  that blade, well that should be my own problem.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 7:00am
Mikael Maze is playing like he said with a thicker and wider handle than normaly standard and like some of the pro players. He makes an honest impression, but I don't know if he would tell the exact dimensions from his handle thickness and wideness and handle radius.
Donic is selling us the new Waldner Off blade signed by him. It is just the name of him but you never get the real blade and handle with it that he is using. What a pitty for us. But not for me because I have found out some new interesting details about his handle and blade he's using. They just want to draw money from the pocket.

Timo Boll is such a sympathetic guy, but when it comes to show us facts about his handle then it's like he has a muzzle from Butterfly. The main thing pull money out of the pocket for fake products.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 10:02am
It's not just size, though.  Shape is important.  I recall the last custom Viscaria ST I got from Butterfly.  It was large (which is ok) and really uncomfortable with ridiculous sharp square edges on it.  I know a lot of this is a question of taste and hand size too, but I seriously couldn't imagine who they thought would want to play with a handle like that!  That was really disappointing, waiting about 4 months for them to build it, paying substantially for it, and then getting something like that.  I should have been more specific but I naively thought I would be getting a shape like the original Viscaria ST when I asked for a Viscaria with a ST handle! 

A lot of Btfly handles are too small for people much taller than about 5'10"  (178 cm) assuming average hand proportion. On the other hand, their composite materials are really really nice.  It could be that they make one size per model that they think fits the average of their customer base (based on Asian standards).

On another thread people are discussing whether or not Btfly supplies some sort of special "national" version of Tenergy 05 to their sponsored players, and people seem to think they do.  I personally have no idea if that is the case (and I wouldn't be convinced because someone stamped "gift" on the back, since nothing is easier to buy for a couple of dollars than a custom ink stamp).

However, I can't imagine that they don't provide handles that are more or less customized to the hands and tastes of their star players.  From a production standpoint, that is probably a lot easier for them than altering the rubber manufacturing process!  And my experience is that the handle shape actually is pretty important for how you play.

In fact,  Soulspin already can make a wide range of custom handles sizes and shapes for the average guy on the street!

I always felt like Donic and Tibhar made nice handle shapes for taller players, but until recently I never cared for the blades that they made (which I suspect was also the opinion of a lot of their sponsored players!)
Malphas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malphas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2016 at 11:46am
guys make a separate thread for talking about handles please.

Edited by Malphas - 09/09/2016 at 11:49am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2016 at 6:12am
Handlezzzzzzz.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of trouble accessing the forum these days so I can't post pics or links easily. I'll type this one in manually:

Https://youtu.be/K27uWR7jznk?t=103

Look at Kirill's handle.

Edited by AndySmith - 09/10/2016 at 6:13am
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2016 at 7:06am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Handlezzzzzzz.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of trouble accessing the forum these days so I can't post pics or links easily. I'll type this one in manually:

Https://youtu.be/K27uWR7jznk?t=103

Look at Kirill's handle.

Looks like he put a Donic lens on Mizutani. He uses Tenergy FH and Bluefire BH.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2016 at 7:36am
Weird, eh? Why bother changing the lens? Not fooling anyone with that kind of half hearted effort.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2016 at 9:55am
The lens may be sufficient to meet his sponsorship agreement along at least one sheet of Donic rubber? Just guessing why he does it even if he doesn't fool many people.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2016 at 11:02am
It probably is sponsorship issue, but it's one of the most lazy attempts I've seen.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2016 at 11:47am
Cho Seung Min doesn't like Ma Long's face on his blade..LOL

tonyvista View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyvista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2016 at 6:04pm
Adrien Mattenet (september 2016)
play with butterfly apolonia zlc blade

Edited by tonyvista - 09/16/2016 at 6:07pm
Tony
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2016 at 11:04am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Cho Seung Min doesn't like Ma Long's face on his blade..LOL

Blades with player's name are lame enough. Adding pictures of them on such high-end expensive blades is just too much. This has always kept me from buying hurricane hao 3. No offence to the fans.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2016 at 1:10am
What did chiang peng lung use and what does wong chun ting use? Xu xin uses skyline 3 blue sponge, right?

Edited by Bobobo - 09/21/2016 at 1:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 129130131132133 195>
  Share Topic