Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RajaLoopah View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner
Avatar

Joined: 01/05/2016
Location: Philippines
Status: Offline
Points: 7
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RajaLoopah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 11:23am
Chien Chen An seems to be using a Timo ALC blade
Main Setup:
Blade: Nexy Akrasia
FH: Hurricane 3 Nat Version
BH: Tenergy 05

Backup:
Blade: Nexy Zealot
FH: Hurricane 3 Prov Version
BH: Tenergy 05
Back to Top
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 06/01/2009
Location: New York, US
Status: Offline
Points: 2215
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by RajaLoopah RajaLoopah wrote:

Chien Chen An seems to be using a Timo ALC blade


Any pictures?
TB ALC ST 84g
2x T05 2.1mm
FS Feedback
Back to Top
RajaLoopah View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner
Avatar

Joined: 01/05/2016
Location: Philippines
Status: Offline
Points: 7
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RajaLoopah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 2:26pm
Here, just a hunch though but my senses tells me that this is a new version Timo ALC

Main Setup:
Blade: Nexy Akrasia
FH: Hurricane 3 Nat Version
BH: Tenergy 05

Backup:
Blade: Nexy Zealot
FH: Hurricane 3 Prov Version
BH: Tenergy 05
Back to Top
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 04/19/2005
Location: Afghanistan
Status: Offline
Points: 6894
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Ovtcharov using Chinese rubber on forehand for the last 3 months?


He used at World Cup but at ETTC at Budapest he switched back to T05 both sides.


Alexander I remember that someone said that Yasaka synergy or dynamix 17 blade was very popular in sweden and other nordic countries. Know any pros that played with it?
Back to Top
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/05/2006
Location: Indonesia
Status: Offline
Points: 3397
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

He used at World Cup but at ETTC at Budapest he switched back to T05 both sides.


It's not easy to switch to chinese rubbers and expect a good result in 3 months....
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Back to Top
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/30/2008
Location: Spain
Status: Offline
Points: 1328
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 2:20am
If Dima isnt able to get used to this stiff the any euro player can do it
Rosewood NCT V 86 gr Master

Thibar EL-S MAX FH

Thibar FX-S BH



Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices
Back to Top
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 12/15/2011
Location: Somewhere Good
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 2:36am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I thought it was really interesting that a pro who hits as hard as Emmanuel Lebesson is using something as soft as FX-P both sides. That's crazy! Makes you think, if someone like that can use that effectively, how can amateurs moan about bottoming it out? 

Yes, yes!  It's really personal preference!
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
True Carbon FL
FH: Genius Max B
BH: Genius Max R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
Back to Top
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 01/30/2007
Location: Brazil
Status: Offline
Points: 1823
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 5:32am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Ovtcharov using Chinese rubber on forehand for the last 3 months?


He used at World Cup but at ETTC at Budapest he switched back to T05 both sides.


Alexander I remember that someone said that Yasaka synergy or dynamix 17 blade was very popular in sweden and other nordic countries. Know any pros that played with it?

Sergio, 

Robert Svenson from Eslov uses Dynamix.
Cornilleau Glory OFF
Target PRO GT 51° / Target PRO GT 47°
Back to Top
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/14/2009
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 1689
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 6:49am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I thought it was really interesting that a pro who hits as hard as Emmanuel Lebesson is using something as soft as FX-P both sides. That's crazy! Makes you think, if someone like that can use that effectively, how can amateurs moan about bottoming it out? 

Yes, yes!  It's really personal preference!

IMHO, not a preference but an excuse. Let's be honest, it is much easier to blame equipment than admit your own weaknesses.
Back to Top
notgooord View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 11/21/2016
Location: teri
Status: Offline
Points: 81
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgooord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by Timo1978 Timo1978 wrote:


http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/1505/em-2016-die-schlaeger-der-em-stars/1


For those who did not belive in Kakapo info about Boll's blade.. Look his modified handle



Boll and solja blades have 1 in handle.
Maybe same man modifies them.
Back to Top
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 12/15/2011
Location: Somewhere Good
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 1:27am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I thought it was really interesting that a pro who hits as hard as Emmanuel Lebesson is using something as soft as FX-P both sides. That's crazy! Makes you think, if someone like that can use that effectively, how can amateurs moan about bottoming it out? 


Yes, yes!  It's really personal preference!


IMHO, not a preference but an excuse. Let's be honest, it is much easier to blame equipment than admit your own weaknesses.

I meant that soft sponge is a preference and bottoming out is an excuse. I agree with you. If the rubber bottoms out, fix your technique. Seriously.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
True Carbon FL
FH: Genius Max B
BH: Genius Max R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
Back to Top
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/14/2009
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 1689
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 8:27am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I thought it was really interesting that a pro who hits as hard as Emmanuel Lebesson is using something as soft as FX-P both sides. That's crazy! Makes you think, if someone like that can use that effectively, how can amateurs moan about bottoming it out? 


Yes, yes!  It's really personal preference!


IMHO, not a preference but an excuse. Let's be honest, it is much easier to blame equipment than admit your own weaknesses.

I meant that soft sponge is a preference and bottoming out is an excuse. I agree with you. If the rubber bottoms out, fix your technique. Seriously.

+1.
Back to Top
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 06/21/2011
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2959
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 8:51am
Originally posted by notgooord notgooord wrote:


Boll and solja blades have 1 in handle.
Maybe same man modifies them.



they have at 2 rackets. one racket for spare. maybe 1 on handle mean racket he use for games, while spare racket has 2 on handle ...
Back to Top
ttspirit View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 08/17/2006
Location: Papua NewGuinea
Status: Offline
Points: 224
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2016 at 9:05am
Originally posted by notgooord notgooord wrote:

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by Timo1978 Timo1978 wrote:


http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/1505/em-2016-die-schlaeger-der-em-stars/1


For those who did not belive in Kakapo info about Boll's blade.. Look his modified handle



Boll and solja blades have 1 in handle.
Maybe same man modifies them.


Butterfly alone did allready long time ago the handle modification and respectively from Viscaria to Boll Spirit ST and Boll ALC ST. I think the handle dimensions he is playing are always the same- what we see on the picture are testing maybe because of a other top material because of sweat reason to absorb...
How can we proof his real handle dimensions ? For myself, I have his real handle dimensions but I can't send pictures here.. but I can promise you the handle dimensions Timo Boll has is minimal different to the ones from catalogue which is butterfly selling. Just a little difference but with big effect....
Back to Top
PringlesRingles View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 05/10/2015
Location: Sweden
Status: Offline
Points: 125
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 4:54pm
What blade was Matsudaira using in the recent tournament?
Back to Top
rickywinataa View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/17/2012
Location: MN, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 215
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2016 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by PringlesRingles PringlesRingles wrote:

What blade was Matsudaira using in the recent tournament?

He has his own signature blade from butterfly. I believe it's the same as viscaria but the handle is smaller
Back to Top
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 06/02/2010
Location: Serbia
Status: Offline
Points: 661
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 4:53am
Look at this bat, it belonged to ex world champion:


Equipment database

Viscaria FL
fh: DHS Skyline neo tg2
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Back to Top
hidasjoki View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/30/2012
Location: Alaska
Status: Offline
Points: 247
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 5:03pm
Anyone know what Mattias Karlsson is playing with these days??
Blade:DMT Invictus

Rubber: Tibhar Aurus Prime
        DMT Diabolic
        Both MAX thinkness
       



Back to Top
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 03/02/2014
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 585
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 7:40pm
Yasaka Soft Carbon, Rakza pips FH and Razka X BH, I guess
Back to Top
malin87 View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/21/2013
Location: Greece
Status: Offline
Points: 123
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malin87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2016 at 12:06pm
i think 1 means that this blades is the first option for the player to use. Pro players are having many blades cause they need to glue rubbers with booster and they check the thickness not to be more than 4,0 mm.
Tibhar stratus carbon,T05,Spectol21
Back to Top
notgooord View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 11/21/2016
Location: teri
Status: Offline
Points: 81
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgooord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2016 at 2:23am
Originally posted by malin87 malin87 wrote:

i think 1 means that this blades is the first option for the player to use. Pro players are having many blades cause they need to glue rubbers with booster and they check the thickness not to be more than 4,0 mm.


ma long number 1 blade

http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=968
Back to Top
ttspirit View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 08/17/2006
Location: Papua NewGuinea
Status: Offline
Points: 224
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 6:20am
Does someone know if the handles of the Butterfly Viscaria ST blades are hollow ?

And what is the heaviest and the lightest of all Viscaria blades. I had one which was 95 gr.
Back to Top
kakapo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/24/2013
Location: Belgium
Status: Offline
Points: 1897
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 6:46am
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

Does someone know if the handles of the Butterfly Viscaria ST blades are hollow ?

And what is the heaviest and the lightest of all Viscaria blades. I had one which was 95 gr.


I have a 98,5 gr S T one and also a 97gr FL one.
Among the black tag series, I have never seen a lighter than 86gr.

In the 2014-2015 series, I have heard that you can find some very light ones: 81-82gr......
Lots of amateur players keep on asking for light models but they were often disapointed because too light is....too light.
And with the poly ball, lighter blades are less efficient, most of the time.
Never faster than the max....
Back to Top
ttspirit View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 08/17/2006
Location: Papua NewGuinea
Status: Offline
Points: 224
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 6:59am
That's also my opinion about light or too light blades. You bring less power in the ball.

But do you know about hollow handles at old Viscaria blades ? I'm not sure if they were hollow or not. Does anybody know it ?
Back to Top
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/27/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5986
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2016 at 9:35pm
I recently obtained a 1997 copy of Table Tennis Kingdom. In it, they compiled pictures of the grips of the top professionals at the time, along with what equipment they used. Some of these names will be quite familiar and some may be new to others. I'll upload the pictures later when I can.

Seiko Iseki (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom (Taksim)
F: Juic 999
B: Butterfly Feint

Yan Sen (CHN)
R: Yasaka Gatien Extra
F: DHS PF4
B: Nittaku JO Waldner

Kim Taek Soo (KOR)
R: Butterfly Kim Taek Soo
F: Butterfly Sriver 

Yoo Nam Kyu (KOR)
R: Butterfly Cypress S
F: Butterfly Sriver

Toshio Tasaki (JPN)
R: Butterfly Chinese Style L
F: Yasaka Original T-Version
B: Butterfly Feint

Toshinori Yanagida (JPN)
R: Stiga Clipper Wood
F: TSP SpinPips
B: TSP Triple

Yuka Nishii (JPN)
R: Darker Aquablade
F: TSP Spectol

Liu Guoliang (CHN)
R: Stiga Clipper Wood
F: TSP SpinPips
B: Stiga Mendo Energy

Li Chunli (NZL)
R: TSP
F: TSP Spectol

Jean-Phillipe Gatien (FRA)
R: Yasaka Gatien Extra
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Yasaka Mark V

Akiko Takeda (JPN)
R: DHS PF4
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Yasaka Phantom 0012

Rika Matsuoka (JPN)
R: Stiga Allround Evolution
F: TSP Triple
B: TSP Triple

Ryo Yuzawa (JPN)
R: Butterfly Perdir
F: Butterfly Sriver FX
B: TSP Spectol

Keiko Okazaki (JPN)
R: DHS PF4
F: TSP F-1
B: TSP Curl P-1

Mayu Kawagoe (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: TSP Triple
B: TSP Spectol

Jorgen Persson (SWE)
R: Donic Person Powerplay
F: Donic Coppa
B: Donic Coppa

Patrick Chila (FRA)
R: Tibhar Chila Off
F: Tibhar Speedy Spin
B: Tibhar Speedy Spin

Jan-Ove Waldner (SWE)
R: Donic Waldner 
F: Donic JO Waldner
B: Donic JO Waldner

Kalinikos Kreanga (SWE)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Bryce

Wang Liqin (CHN)
R: Stiga Custom
F: DHS PF4 (The picture in the article clearly shows he was using Globe 999)
B: Nittaku JO Waldner

Chire Koyama (JPN)
R: Stiga Offensive
F: Yasaka Mark v
B: Yasaka Mark V

Werner Schlager (AUT)
R: Butterfly Primorac Carbon
F: Butterfly Bryce
R: Butterfly Bryce

Li Ju (CHN)
R: Butterfly Adolescen
F: Globe 999
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Ryu Ji Hye (KOR)
R: Butterfly Keyshot
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Butterfly Resilon

An Konishi (JPN)
R: Avalox P500
F: Globe 999
B: TSP Spectol

Koji Sanada (JPN)
R: Butterfly Primorac
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Yuji Taniguchi (JPN) 
R: Butterfly Primorac
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Bryce

Wu Na (CHN)
R: Butterfly Madash
F: RITC 729
B: Globe 999

Krizstina Toth (HUN)
F: Butterfly Ekrips
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Ai Sakata (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel
F: Butterfly Yasaka Mark V
B: TSP Triple

Kinjiro Nakamura (JPN)
R: Donic Persson Powerplay
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: TSP Triple

Yosuke Kurashima (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Sriver FX

Muneaki Mitamura (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel
F: Butterfly Sriver FX
B: Butterfly Bryce

Shinnosuke Kiho (JPN)
R: Nittaku Waldner
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Yasaka Mark V

Aya Umemura (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel 
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Koji Matsushita (JPN)
R: Butterfly Matsushita Pro Model
F: Butterfly Tackifire 
B: Butterfly Feint Long

Hiroshi Shibutani (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom 
F: Butterfly Tackifire 
B: Butterfly Feint Long







Edited by liXiao - 12/19/2016 at 10:30pm
TSP Swat Carbon
Fastarc G-1
Fastarc G-1
Back to Top
Chairman Meow View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/04/2016
Location: Hell, Michigan
Status: Offline
Points: 168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2016 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Ryo Yuzawa (JPN)
R: Butterfly Perdir
F: Butterfly Sriver FX
B: TSP Spectol

I have that blade! That's the first time I have ever heard of anyone using it before, besides me. I don't know anything about it, other than that it has 5 plies and a very thin handle and a slightly larger than usual head.
If that copy of Table Tennis Kingdom has any information on it, I would greatly appreciate if you could share it with me. I have been wondering about that blade for years, even the person who bought it doesn't remember anything about it.
(Blade-FH-BH)
-BBC 1 ply Cypress 10mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.1mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.10mm 37 deg
Back to Top
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/27/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5986
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2016 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Ryo Yuzawa (JPN)
R: Butterfly Perdir
F: Butterfly Sriver FX
B: TSP Spectol

I have that blade! That's the first time I have ever heard of anyone using it before, besides me. I don't know anything about it, other than that it has 5 plies and a very thin handle and a slightly larger than usual head.
If that copy of Table Tennis Kingdom has any information on it, I would greatly appreciate if you could share it with me. I have been wondering about that blade for years, even the person who bought it doesn't remember anything about it.

Unfortunately there's no information about the blade. I too have been looking for information about it for awhile but I haven't found anything. One sold a couple of months ago for about $200 (mint condition + box). Iruiru was selling a couple custom made ones prior to the discontinuation of Butterfly's custom blade service. 
TSP Swat Carbon
Fastarc G-1
Fastarc G-1
Back to Top
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 04/19/2005
Location: Afghanistan
Status: Offline
Points: 6894
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2016 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

I recently obtained a 1997 copy of Table Tennis Kingdom. In it, they compiled pictures of the grips of the top professionals at the time, along with what equipment they used. Some of these names will be quite familiar and some may be new to others. I'll upload the pictures later when I can.

Seiko Iseki (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom (Taksim)
F: Juic 999
B: Butterfly Feint

Yan Sen (CHN)
R: Yasaka Gatien Extra
F: DHS PF4
B: Nittaku JO Waldner

Kim Taek Soo (KOR)
R: Butterfly Kim Taek Soo
F: Butterfly Sriver 

Yoo Nam Kyu (KOR)
R: Butterfly Cypress S
F: Butterfly Sriver

Toshio Tasaki (JPN)
R: Butterfly Chinese Style L
F: Yasaka Original T-Version
B: Butterfly Feint

Toshinori Yanagida (JPN)
R: Stiga Clipper Wood
F: TSP SpinPips
B: TSP Triple

Yuka Nishii (JPN)
R: Darker Aquablade
F: TSP Spectol

Liu Guoliang (CHN)
R: Stiga Clipper Wood
F: TSP SpinPips
B: Stiga Mendo Energy

Li Chunli (NZL)
R: TSP
F: TSP Spectol

Jean-Phillipe Gatien (FRA)
R: Yasaka Gatien Extra
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Yasaka Mark V

Akiko Takeda (JPN)
R: DHS PF4
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Yasaka Phantom 0012

Rika Matsuoka (JPN)
R: Stiga Allround Evolution
F: TSP Triple
B: TSP Triple

Ryo Yuzawa (JPN)
R: Butterfly Perdir
F: Butterfly Sriver FX
B: TSP Spectol

Keiko Okazaki (JPN)
R: DHS PF4
F: TSP F-1
B: TSP Curl P-1

Mayu Kawagoe (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: TSP Triple
B: TSP Spectol

Jorgen Persson (SWE)
R: Donic Person Powerplay
F: Donic Coppa
B: Donic Coppa

Patrick Chila (FRA)
R: Tibhar Chila Off
F: Tibhar Speedy Spin
B: Tibhar Speedy Spin

Jan-Ove Waldner (SWE)
R: Donic Waldner 
F: Donic JO Waldner
B: Donic JO Waldner

Kalinikos Kreanga (SWE)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Bryce

Wang Liqin (CHN)
R: Stiga Custom
F: DHS PF4 (The picture in the article clearly shows he was using Globe 999)
B: Nittaku JO Waldner

Chire Koyama (JPN)
R: Stiga Offensive
F: Yasaka Mark v
B: Yasaka Mark V

Werner Schlager (AUT)
R: Butterfly Primorac Carbon
F: Butterfly Bryce
R: Butterfly Bryce

Li Ju (CHN)
R: Butterfly Adolescen
F: Globe 999
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Ryu Ji Hye (KOR)
R: Butterfly Keyshot
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Butterfly Resilon

An Konishi (JPN)
R: Avalox P500
F: Globe 999
B: TSP Spectol

Koji Sanada (JPN)
R: Butterfly Primorac
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Yuji Taniguchi (JPN) 
R: Butterfly Primorac
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Bryce

Wu Na (CHN)
R: Butterfly Madash
F: RITC 729
B: Globe 999

Krizstina Toth (HUN)
F: Butterfly Ekrips
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Ai Sakata (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel
F: Butterfly Yasaka Mark V
B: TSP Triple

Kinjiro Nakamura (JPN)
R: Donic Persson Powerplay
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: TSP Triple

Yosuke Kurashima (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Sriver FX

Muneaki Mitamura (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel
F: Butterfly Sriver FX
B: Butterfly Bryce

Shinnosuke Kiho (JPN)
R: Nittaku Waldner
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Yasaka Mark V

Aya Umemura (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel 
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Koji Matsushita (JPN)
R: Butterfly Matsushita Pro Model
F: Butterfly Tackifire 
B: Butterfly Feint Long

Hiroshi Shibutani (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom 
F: Butterfly Tackifire 
B: Butterfly Feint Long









Yan sen played with FH dhs g888 in 1997
Back to Top
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/27/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5986
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2016 at 11:30am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

I recently obtained a 1997 copy of Table Tennis Kingdom. In it, they compiled pictures of the grips of the top professionals at the time, along with what equipment they used. Some of these names will be quite familiar and some may be new to others. I'll upload the pictures later when I can.

Seiko Iseki (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom (Taksim)
F: Juic 999
B: Butterfly Feint

Yan Sen (CHN)
R: Yasaka Gatien Extra
F: DHS PF4
B: Nittaku JO Waldner

Kim Taek Soo (KOR)
R: Butterfly Kim Taek Soo
F: Butterfly Sriver 

Yoo Nam Kyu (KOR)
R: Butterfly Cypress S
F: Butterfly Sriver

Toshio Tasaki (JPN)
R: Butterfly Chinese Style L
F: Yasaka Original T-Version
B: Butterfly Feint

Toshinori Yanagida (JPN)
R: Stiga Clipper Wood
F: TSP SpinPips
B: TSP Triple

Yuka Nishii (JPN)
R: Darker Aquablade
F: TSP Spectol

Liu Guoliang (CHN)
R: Stiga Clipper Wood
F: TSP SpinPips
B: Stiga Mendo Energy

Li Chunli (NZL)
R: TSP
F: TSP Spectol

Jean-Phillipe Gatien (FRA)
R: Yasaka Gatien Extra
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Yasaka Mark V

Akiko Takeda (JPN)
R: DHS PF4
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Yasaka Phantom 0012

Rika Matsuoka (JPN)
R: Stiga Allround Evolution
F: TSP Triple
B: TSP Triple

Ryo Yuzawa (JPN)
R: Butterfly Perdir
F: Butterfly Sriver FX
B: TSP Spectol

Keiko Okazaki (JPN)
R: DHS PF4
F: TSP F-1
B: TSP Curl P-1

Mayu Kawagoe (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: TSP Triple
B: TSP Spectol

Jorgen Persson (SWE)
R: Donic Person Powerplay
F: Donic Coppa
B: Donic Coppa

Patrick Chila (FRA)
R: Tibhar Chila Off
F: Tibhar Speedy Spin
B: Tibhar Speedy Spin

Jan-Ove Waldner (SWE)
R: Donic Waldner 
F: Donic JO Waldner
B: Donic JO Waldner

Kalinikos Kreanga (SWE)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Bryce

Wang Liqin (CHN)
R: Stiga Custom
F: DHS PF4 (The picture in the article clearly shows he was using Globe 999)
B: Nittaku JO Waldner

Chire Koyama (JPN)
R: Stiga Offensive
F: Yasaka Mark v
B: Yasaka Mark V

Werner Schlager (AUT)
R: Butterfly Primorac Carbon
F: Butterfly Bryce
R: Butterfly Bryce

Li Ju (CHN)
R: Butterfly Adolescen
F: Globe 999
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Ryu Ji Hye (KOR)
R: Butterfly Keyshot
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Butterfly Resilon

An Konishi (JPN)
R: Avalox P500
F: Globe 999
B: TSP Spectol

Koji Sanada (JPN)
R: Butterfly Primorac
F: Butterfly Sriver
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Yuji Taniguchi (JPN) 
R: Butterfly Primorac
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Bryce

Wu Na (CHN)
R: Butterfly Madash
F: RITC 729
B: Globe 999

Krizstina Toth (HUN)
F: Butterfly Ekrips
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Ai Sakata (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel
F: Butterfly Yasaka Mark V
B: TSP Triple

Kinjiro Nakamura (JPN)
R: Donic Persson Powerplay
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: TSP Triple

Yosuke Kurashima (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom
F: Butterfly Bryce
B: Butterfly Sriver FX

Muneaki Mitamura (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel
F: Butterfly Sriver FX
B: Butterfly Bryce

Shinnosuke Kiho (JPN)
R: Nittaku Waldner
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Yasaka Mark V

Aya Umemura (JPN)
R: Butterfly Korbel 
F: Yasaka Mark V
B: Butterfly Ekrips

Koji Matsushita (JPN)
R: Butterfly Matsushita Pro Model
F: Butterfly Tackifire 
B: Butterfly Feint Long

Hiroshi Shibutani (JPN)
R: Butterfly Custom 
F: Butterfly Tackifire 
B: Butterfly Feint Long



Yan sen played with FH dhs g888 in 1997

G888 was not released until 1998. And as you will see in the following pictures, it is clearly PF4. 





TSP Swat Carbon
Fastarc G-1
Fastarc G-1
Back to Top
notgooord View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 11/21/2016
Location: teri
Status: Offline
Points: 81
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgooord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2016 at 3:53pm
So many pimples players back then.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 152>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.345 seconds.
Mark all posts as read :: Delete cookies set by this forum

Cookies and JavaScript must be enabled on your web browser in order to use this forum


Copyright © 2003-2013 MyTableTennis.NET - All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer