Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 11:59am
finally it proved ovtcharov use timo alc like his big brother teammate with donic handle for long time
Sponsored Links

jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 12:03pm
sun yingsha use h3 both side like wang manyu or ma long
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 12:08pm
i really like paul drinkhall performance too,not sure his blade drinkhall power spin it's same composite with timo alc or viscaria
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 12:39pm
Hi tomjack, good pictures. For me it is interessting because of the handle dimensions and handle shape. Paul Drinkhall seems to use same blade construction like Butterfly Spirit or ALC. The interessting thing for me is what dimensions does his blade have. For me it looks like he uses same ST handle dimensions like Timo Boll uses and also with more handle thickness than usual you will get when you buy the blade.
I like as you see most ST handles. There are nice suqare ST handles like Butterfly Spirit for example and there are nice round ST handles. Both of them need the right handle dimensions to use it as a fantastic playable weapon in your game. Timo Boll ALC or Spirit dimensions regular are in thickness around 22,0 mm and wideness 27,5 mm, but for me a little bit too small or thin. Round ST handles like Ovtcharov or Waldner uses have total different handle dimensions. I'm not 100% sure of the dimensions they use but I have made my test. Round ST handle blades like Waldner and Ovtcharov have and play have more thickness and more wideness, but I can't tell the exact dimensions.
And because of the veneer composition; it seems that a lot of the top players and at all use a mix like the Carbon-Arylate type with Koto as top veneer and limba under the carbon arylate mix and as center veneer Paulownia tomentosa called Kiri in Japan.

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 12:45pm
Dimas blade looks so weird. Pretty interesting to see that this is a more "pro" job than i.e. FZD's Stiga-Handle glue job.
GrayFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 1:15pm
jomtack please tell  which rubbers uses Waldner ? And which blade?
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by GrayFox GrayFox wrote:

<span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">jomtack </span><span style="font-size: 15px;">please tell  which rubbers uses Waldner ? And which blade?</span>

Sorry guy I'm not follow him for many years 😂 last information that I knew he use donic blade +donic rubber
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 1:57pm

He's used the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon for a very long time. 
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

CCA's bh rubber looks like the previously mentioned Hybrid K1, possibly.
Looks like some tibhar sponsored players are EJing around, following Andy's trend. Or maybe CCA borrowed Vladis racket.

I wonder like you so try to chat with him last week he sure use tibhar 5q vip on bh and mxs on fh

Edited by jomtack - 08/09/2017 at 2:11pm
GrayFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrayFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

He's used the Donic Waldner Senso Carbon for a very long time. 
Thank you. And what rubbers?
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 3:58pm
I have heard few years ago he used jp 01 and t05
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 5:06pm
Bluefire M1 and Acura S1 is imo the last rubbers that he used
guruzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guruzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 3:37am
It possible the genius for bh??
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by jomtack jomtack wrote:

finally it proved ovtcharov use timo alc like his big brother teammate with donic handle for long time
If i see right, his black rubber (forehand rubber) seems to have a thinner sponge thickness.Maybe 1,9?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 6:08am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

If i see right, his black rubber (forehand rubber) seems to have a thinner sponge thickness.Maybe 1,9?

Not sure maybe that causes view angle
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 7:31am
Covered by tape.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 9:22am
penholderxxx, dont see the sponge at the tape, see the sponge at the bottom of the rubber, near the handle. There u can see the difference.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 10:35am
Ok, noted. But I am not convinced as yet. 
Could it be an optical illusion ?
The red rubber looks to be nearer to the camera. Can we discount this ?
But, maybe you are right, strataras.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 5:44pm

Could very well be, in fact I tend to think it is some sort of Btfly ALC, BUT if you put that handle on a Donic True Carbon it would look like that too.

In any case, that thing must be incredibly head-heavy!
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 4:04am
One thing is sure, he is playing a carbon blade like most of the top players. But the more interesting question to me is what kind of handle does he use ? It looks like he has a blade with more handle thickness than the other Donic blades. Donic Ovtcharov true carbon has a total different handle shape-it is more square than his handle. To me it seems to be a handle from the Avalox series like P500 or P700. I mean with the same shape and dimensions. It could not be that he uses the handle dimensions of the Original Senso Carbon or other Donic handles, because they all or the most of them are more flat even if they have the same shape or wideness, but have not the same thickness. Ovtcharov is a tall player with a little bigger hands and longer fingers. So it is reasonable that he must use a handle with more thickness. But I can't tell you the exact thickness of his handle.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 5:25am
Sure it is 1.9 finally i got the answer why he twiddle when smashing since both rubbers are the same.the answer after 1 year.bravo.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Sure it is 1.9 finally i got the answer why he twiddle when smashing since both rubbers are the same.the answer after 1 year.bravo.

Thank you, thank you hahahahhaLOL
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 6:17am
I wonder which is his(Ovtcharov) black rubber.Does anyone have a rubber with such a pinkish nuance?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 6:58am
Most likely both rubbers are tenergy05. Might be something with the light
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 8:58am
For me it looks a lot like handle cups of the Donic Ovtcharov Senso Carbon

On 1:33 of the following unboxing-video you can see it very clear. It`s nearly the same view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC_FFUJyxvw

Edited by Magic_M - 08/13/2017 at 8:59am
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by danggi danggi wrote:

Cherng, why they should the low weight blade?

I think it is depends on personal like. I had read somewhere in other forum, mentioning Mizutani using 80-83g blade. It is just like what I had feel in my hand when I borrowed his blade recently. The side tape that looks black and shinning is metal weight made by Butterfly. Samsonov and mizutani's blade are not custom made.
Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 10:49am
Folks, don't let fool you. Ovtcharov plays both side Tenergy 05 in 2.1 mm. The black rubber is also 2.1mm -no doubt. The handle cups are like original Senso Carbon but not the same shape and not with same handle dimensions. I have the straight handle version at home-it is much more flat than Ovtcharovs. The handle thickness is just 22,80 mm. Pro player like Ovtcharov or Boll use handle cups with clearly more handle thickness, thats for sure. Don't ask me if I can prove it to you all. It's a fact that I have found out on my own throughout a lot of tests and I will keep it for my own. 
6Finger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 12:15pm
I think it was in Dimas backhand tutorial video where he stated Donic made him rounder handle because of his grip change.
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2017 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by cherng cherng wrote:

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Is that ALC layer 3rd or 2nd? Looks like 3rd to me making it similar to innerforce ALC with ZJK handle?

I attended this match and I had borrowed the blade from Harimoto, Mizutani and Samsonov. Harimoto is using innerforce alc with ZJK handle. Not sure is Innerforce layer alc or old innerforce alc type. He changes his blade every 3 years.

I borrowed blade from Mizutani as well. Mizutani is using Mizutani ZLC (non custom made), it is similar to what we can get in the market. In fact it is the 1st version without green butterfly hologram. Mizutani uses butterfly metal weight to cover his blade to increase the head weight. Surprisingly, Mizutani's blade is very light, estimate 80g-85g without T80 on both.

Samsonov has 3 blades. One is force pro black edition, CCA (Carbon) and another carbon blade (I did not familiar with Tibhar blades and his sweat bend is covering it). These 3 blades are NON custom made blades, but very light weight. When I hold it on my hand, I can tell the blades are weight less than 90g. He told me he swapped between these 3 blades, and he did NOT like to change new blade. He told me, he usually will use blades until surface peel off, if not he will not change his blade, which is around 5 years or more.

Joo See Hyuk is not using long pimple on backhand to chop at T2 league, he is using a flat rubber. Not sure what is that rubber, no chance to talk to him.

karlsson mattias is using Rakza x on backhand, he changes is blade every 6 months, he told me.

Cherng, can you show to us some picture of Mizutani blade?

Edited by AntSj00 - 08/15/2017 at 2:31pm
TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

Link Feedbacks To Me : Feedbacks
jomtack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by ttspirit ttspirit wrote:

Hi tomjack, good pictures. For me it is interessting because of the handle dimensions and handle shape. Paul Drinkhall seems to use same blade construction like Butterfly Spirit or ALC. The interessting thing for me is what dimensions does his blade have. For me it looks like he uses same ST handle dimensions like Timo Boll uses and also with more handle thickness than usual you will get when you buy the blade.
I like as you see most ST handles. There are nice suqare ST handles like Butterfly Spirit for example and there are nice round ST handles. Both of them need the right handle dimensions to use it as a fantastic playable weapon in your game. Timo Boll ALC or Spirit dimensions regular are in thickness around 22,0 mm and wideness 27,5 mm, but for me a little bit too small or thin. Round ST handles like Ovtcharov or Waldner uses have total different handle dimensions. I'm not 100% sure of the dimensions they use but I have made my test. Round ST handle blades like Waldner and Ovtcharov have and play have more thickness and more wideness, but I can't tell the exact dimensions.
And because of the veneer composition; it seems that a lot of the top players and at all use a mix like the Carbon-Arylate type with Koto as top veneer and limba under the carbon arylate mix and as center veneer Paulownia tomentosa called Kiri in Japan.

Sorry for late respond friend, because I'm Asian and not fluent long article English btw I understand and totally agree.I play for 11years my current set up is Samsonov set up (cca+mxp)eiei, next I hope drinkhall power spin I really love him on this tournament 😃 nice to meet you.

Edited by jomtack - 08/16/2017 at 2:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 145146147148149 194>
  Share Topic