Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 194>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2011 at 3:35pm
So the white sponged rubber is Genius also? What about his blade?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
Sponsored Links

Noppen-Jedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noppen-Jedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 1:40am
Hi,

Floritz used to use a old Stiga Mellis for a long time. Actually he play with a TBS, at least this is my information.

Rubbers might be Genius oder Tenergy, but I don't know exactly.
>|Nebula Custom Wood Kjiell Johansson "Korbel" Replica / OSP Special Made|<
>|Bluefire M2 + Vega|<
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 2:52am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Just for additions to the list

Hui Xu (CHN)
R: Burn (CP)
F: Hurricane III NEO
B: Tenergy 64

Ping Li (CHN) 
R: Ovtcharov Senso Carbon V1 (FL)
F: Acuda S1
B: Baracuda

Shuai Hao (CHN)
R: Timo Boll ALC (FL)
B: Tenergy 

Qinglei Cui (CHN)
R: PG7 (FL)
F: Hurricane III
B: Bryce Speed

Chao Zhai (CHN)
R: Clipper CR WRB (FL)
B: ? 

Atv do you know Chao Zhai's backhand/more pictures? By the color of the sponges it would appear to me that he is using hurricane on both sides. 
I will also begin my work on the women.

just fyi- Zhai Chao's clipper is not CR. It's just a Clipper WRB. It is identical to mine.
artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 3:53pm
I think that profs use blades and rubbers in special edition, it's just handle on the blade or name of the rubber, but the quality is something different than we can get from the ordinary shop? Am I right?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 4:40pm
basically they can either have a blade custom made, or they use an existing model of blade, but get 10 or 15 to pick from to get the one with the best feel.

especially looking at the plies of his clipper. That's just a normal clipper WRB, but hand picked by zhai chao. Same case with most of the blades these guys are using now. There really isn't much reason to get a blade custom made, most of them use existing blade models but hand pick the blade out of bunch of them.
artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

basically they can either have a blade custom made, or they use an existing model of blade, but get 10 or 15 to pick from to get the one with the best feel.

especially looking at the plies of his clipper. That's just a normal clipper WRB, but hand picked by zhai chao. Same case with most of the blades these guys are using now. There really isn't much reason to get a blade custom made, most of them use existing blade models but hand pick the blade out of bunch of them.

When you're looking the play of e.g. Timo Boll or Ma Long, they use Butterfly OFF blades, but it seams that the blades are shooting really fast and in fact they are OFF+++ blades :). This is my feeling.
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 4:58pm
Technique and possibly the quality of their rubbers

could be a possible factor from your observations
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 5:07pm
So do think that rubbers differs from the rubbers, which we can get from the ordinary TT shops? Is it the same situation like for Hurricana 3, which has 3 versions of the same rubber in the range from $17 to $45?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by artakwol artakwol wrote:

So do think that rubbers differs from the rubbers, which we can get from the ordinary TT shops? Is it the same situation like for Hurricana 3, which has 3 versions of the same rubber in the range from $17 to $45?

I'm sure there is even a difference between the national hurricanes given to professionals and the national hurricanes sold to the public. Considering that the rubbers have the players' names stamped on them, they are probably custom for every top player. 

Edited by liXiao - 09/13/2011 at 5:39pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2011 at 10:31pm

I think that profs use blades and rubbers in special edition, it's just handle on the blade or name of the rubber, but the quality is something different than we can get from the ordinary shop? Am I right?

some players are known for doing that handle thing.
but I think only the super top ones do it because they have obligations with their companies.
for example wang liqin, samsonov, schlager, etc.
probably from top 20 or 30 down they wont even bother to do that because they are not "that" popular and nobody really cares what they use LOL
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2011 at 3:05am

[QUOTE=beeray1] basically they can either have a blade custom made, or they use an existing model of blade, but get 10 or 15 to pick from to get the one with the best feel.

When you're looking the play of e.g. Timo Boll or Ma Long, they use Butterfly OFF blades, but it seams that the blades are shooting really fast and in fact they are OFF+++ blades :). This is my feeling.[/QUOTE

Simple- Technique is better, power is better (from the player) and they tune the crap out of their rubbers.
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2011 at 11:13am
Check out the sponge color.
Is this asome kind of yasaka blade?

misuno still using solo

bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 9:32am

Some do, some don't. So you are half right.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by bonggoy bonggoy wrote:

it does not matter what the pro's use. with what it is in the market is more than enough till 2,600 at least.

so no problem.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

it does not matter what the pro's use. with what it is in the market is more than enough till 2,600 at least.

so no problem.

I am 3000
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 11:23pm
Imagine having rubber custom made for your game.

Obviously no excuses then lol.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2011 at 3:11am
Originally posted by TheRobot99 TheRobot99 wrote:

Imagine having rubber custom made for your game.Obviously no excuses then lol.

Not only custom made, but as said "liXiao" in one of the previous threads "player name stamped on it". Can you imagine rubbers with your name stamped on it. Really no excuses :)
guruzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guruzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2011 at 3:18am

Not only custom made, but as said "liXiao" in one of the previous threads "player name stamped on it". Can you imagine rubbers with your name stamped on it. Really no excuses :)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2011 at 7:45am

Now that you mention it, I wonder if any pros get specially selected blades where they examine each ply and reserve it for certain players. It's not too far-fetched that a player may like a really dense ply on a particular side.

PTTC VP - 2011-12
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

so no problem.

I am 3000

for you the banda dakota is very good. why are you selling it?. you always sell what it is very good. i do not understand. 

sebas, that was a pro custom for you or at least selected from a batch?. thats how it works for pros from what i have read.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2011 at 3:23pm

Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

so no problem.

I am 3000

for you the banda dakota is very good. why are you selling it?. you always sell what it is very good. i do not understand. 

sebas, that was a pro custom for you or at least selected from a batch?. thats how it works for pros from what i have read.

it is indeed a great blade, better than the old stiga, you should try it.

Edited by sa01 - 09/16/2011 at 3:24pm
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 12:56am
anyone knows what blade and rubbers daniel habesohn uses?
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 12:21pm
Li Jiao with T05 on a Yasaka, but which one? Yasaka Offensive 40?
PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 12:29pm
does anyone knows what hardness professional players use for H3 neo?

for example zhang jike -wang liqin- ma long
    The movement which is the existence of the universe is the movement of love.

Ibn 'Arabi, Fusûs al-Hikam
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Klaus123 Klaus123 wrote:

Li Jiao with T05 on a Yasaka, but which one? Yasaka Offensive 40?

Ma Lin carbon for sure. At least thats what it looks like to me. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

Is this some kind of yasaka blade?
Can you tell what this is?

r7racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r7racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 5:36pm
Just wanted to let you all know I made a page for Pro Table Tennis Players equipment from the info gathered through the forums at

http://www.mtagsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=MTAG&Screen=pros_equipment

It's still a work in progress and likely always will be, but hopefully easy to look at.

Any suggestions, corrections, additions would be greatly appreciated.
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 5:37pm
could be Septear
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by PedramTT PedramTT wrote:

does anyone knows what hardness professional players use for H3 neo?for example zhang jike -wang liqin- ma long
I heard that WLQ used a 50 deg sponge. Can't say if that's right or not.....

PTTC VP - 2011-12
PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2011 at 12:35am
from what I know the hardest available h3neo is 41.. but who knows maybe thers special made
    The movement which is the existence of the universe is the movement of love.

Ibn 'Arabi, Fusûs al-Hikam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 194>
  Share Topic