Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

joola Xplode review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: joola Xplode review
    Posted: 06/11/2010 at 3:17am
OK so this is my first review, before commenting on the rubber I would like to tell u a few things about my playing style and level

I'm a beginner-intermediate player. I try to win points by fast,low and super spinny loops, i also try to vary my loop trajectory(i need to work on this more)I loop from both wings but my fore hand loop is faster and more consistent wile my backhand loop is spinnier and sometimes has some sidespin.I also overpower power loopers by blocking and placement. I broke my previous blade(donic persson exclusive off) and the rubbers on it(Yasaka Xtend on FH and coppa platin on BH)were pretty worn out so i decided to get a new setup since the donic blade wasn't available anymore.I'm currently using Xplode on both sides on a Joola wing passion fast blade.please note that I am not an advanced high-level player and my opinions about this rubber maybe right or wrong.

Review

out of the package this rubber seems quite grippy, the topsheet is not thin like older generation tensors(I've tried Xtend,Platin and Roxon 500pro). It has little or no tack. the rubber is also harder than Xtend and Roxon and might be as hard as or slightly softer or harder than Platin. I thought I would not like this rubber on the FH coz i prefer softer rubbers but was pleasantly surprised, You'll soon see why......

Counter-hitting: The rubber is fairly fast on touch shots and faster when u dig deeper. Although it is hard it feels soft since the ball really digs in. It also has a more linear feel compared to older generation tensors because of the harder sponge

Pushing:
pushes are easier than Xtend since the ball doesn't pop up as much, the pushes are nice and flat and I could easily vary the placement and spin

Looping:
the rubber really excels in this field although i needed to hit harder to get more penetration it was duly rewarded, my loops were faster and spinnier, they were also lower and most were grazing the net, this maybe an adjustment problem since my technique is far from perfect . Looping against backspin was easier and more of my loops cleared the net, as the rubber produces tons of topspin i could hit harder and the ball would still land on the table. spin on brush loops was also > any rubber I've tried( that's not saying much since I've only tried a few). counter looping close to the table was more controllable and fewer balls were flying off the table, I do not counter loop as much so u may take anything i say about this with a grain of salt

Blocking:
i didn't block a lot with this rubber but the few times i did, i found that i could easily land the ball on the table and vary speed and placement (this is one shot i am actually good at so i can block with almost anything)

Durability:
after a week of play the rubber does not have any sign of wear and tear and i hope it stays that way since the other tensors ripped way too easily

I hope u found this review helpful, feel free to ask any questions regarding this rubber
Sponsored Links

viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 9:06am
Thanks Hasham .
? Joola : 005 Express X-Plode or 008 X-plode ?
? As smash in comparison with Platin ?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 10:11am
xplode is almost identical to the donic baracuda in terms of sponge, topsheet, pimple spacing and size
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 12:07pm
@viktorovich: anytime
i tried the express Xplode, compared to platin, Xplode is faster and more consistent on smashes as it feels a tad softer and and has a more linear feel
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 12:58pm
Someone commented in another thread that in his opinion X-plode is very similar to Palio Macro Era (except for the price Smile). I am not sure if that was Express X-plode or not, also it was not clear which PME he had in mind: 42.5 or 47.5, but still...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 2:12pm
i have not tried PME so i cannot comment on that, not many websites ship to Pakistan and the local shops only sell popular classics. our top player who came from Germany brought a bag full of express1,2 and Xplode for my coach along with some blades, i bought two sheets from my coach for abt $37 each and the blade which is for $70 at megaspin for $46
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 9:30pm
I play with X-plode on the backhand and Express 1 on the forehand. I find X-plode to have a better feeling and better spin,touch and control over the table. However, on the forehand although it is noticeably lower in throw than the tenergies, it tends to lose power on flat kill shots (dwell to long). It plays at it's best with spin shots. For me it feels softer or the same hardness as express1, but the feeling is completely different so it's hard to compare directly.  I think the two best improvements in X-plode are the increased, easy to generate spin and the much improve touch and control on over the table  - shots like pushes,flicks and opening loops on short balls.

Aside: I just tested a sheet of Blitz which from my point of view is almost identical in playing characteristics to X-plode. PME is almost identical to EGP  or express rubbers.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

I play with X-plode on the backhand and Express 1 on the forehand. I find X-plode to have a better feeling and better spin,touch and control over the table. However, on the forehand although it is noticeably lower in throw than the tenergies, it tends to lose power on flat kill shots (dwell to long). It plays at it's best with spin shots. For me it feels softer or the same hardness as express1, but the feeling is completely different so it's hard to compare directly.  I think the two best improvements in X-plode are the increased, easy to generate spin and the much improve touch and control on over the table  - shots like pushes,flicks and opening loops on short balls.

Aside: I just tested a sheet of Blitz which from my point of view is almost identical in playing characteristics to X-plode. PME is almost identical to EGP  or express rubbers.

If you intend to get rid of that Blitz let me know.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

xplode is almost identical to the donic baracuda in terms of sponge, topsheet, pimple spacing and size

@yogi_bear: At times i found baracuda to be a little difficult in drive and especially flat hits on my FH ; is Xplode little better at flat hitting due to hardness or similar to baracuda ?
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 11:04pm
i found x-plode much better than Baracuda and Baracuda Big Slam

Edited by bagung - 03/18/2012 at 11:05pm
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by bagung bagung wrote:

i found x-plode much better than Baracuda and Baracuda Big Slam

Can you compare with some attributes between 2 and what makes you say so? It will certainly help a larger group .
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2012 at 1:12am
for me, X-plode is faster, easier to control, and easier to create spin....
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2012 at 1:23am

Thanks but did you try it on your Violin or any other all wood blade or composite ?
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2012 at 2:51am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

Thanks but did you try it on your Violin or any other all wood blade or composite ?

i tried it on Violin and HH3.....
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2013 at 4:39am
Could someone tell what is the throw of joola x-plode (not express x-plode) compared to aurus, rakza 9, m2, t05?

Thanks !
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2013 at 11:58am
Xplode is express xplode....
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 7:06pm
nice rubber but very heavy. cut rubber 50g
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 7:28pm
is it softer or harder than barracuda?
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

don't know. never had Baracuda
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

how bout as compared to tenergy05?
Viscaria

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 8:28pm
X-plode Sensitive is also very good on a composite DEF+ blade for chopping and looping away from table. Used by Edelyi Annamaria of Portugal. I have never played with it but it sounds like it has several gears. I love gears! The "Sensitive" version has a softer sponge I would guess.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 8:44pm

also never had :)
i had t64 long time ago. as far as I remember it similar hardness to xplode
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 8:50pm

thanx.. is it durable? 
Viscaria

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 9:10pm

thanx.. is it durable? 

dont know. I bought it week ago :)
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 9:38pm

thanx.. is it durable? 

dont know. I bought it week ago :)

ok, i was thinking of a BH rubber for my viscaria
Viscaria

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 1:35pm

ok, i was thinking of a BH rubber for my viscaria

in my opinion this rubber very good for both FH and BH
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 1:52pm
dude, there is a reason why this rubber was discontinued. It was a nice rubber, i admit. But Rhyzm took everything it had and added 100 gallons of consistency. Just try Rhyzm man, the rubber is an EJ killer. My last rubber purchase was a 10 pack from contra.de. Thats it, don't care for bh or fh, what blade, i put frikkin rhyzm on everything and I loop from everywhere to my opponents disbelief, and I keep coming. Its not spiny, and its fast but not the fastest, but its frikking consistent as nothing else.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 2:05pm
I heard different opinions about Rhyzm .. also you should realize that everyone has his personal preferences. Other ways on market was only 1 rubber and 1 blade :)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2014 at 3:06am
Sub par rubber in (nearly) every way compared to Tenergy and modern tensors now. Was, and still a big hit in the UK among the younger players. God knows why...
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic