Topic Closedwarning: do not do business with Austin M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 7:51am
Originally posted by van_doorn van_doorn wrote:

No, Fatt wants to fix the situation, cause if we all bitch an moan about Austin it doesn't help anyone, so Fatt comes with a reasonable solution.

I'm in for 2 bucks also! But Austin needs to get banned from this forum or atleast not being able to post things. because else i need to give a lot of people 2 bucks soon. LOL

I agree with both Fatt and van_doom.   I think Austin should not be allowed to do any more deals until he's at least 18+.
I myself has a couple of bad deals on rubbers too, so I know exactly how cqluu feels, but I only buy used rubbers  for testing purpose, so it wasn't so bad...

Sponsored Links

austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 8:12am
Payment has been sent so please stop complaining im giving everyone fair warning now what you get is what you get. when you ask for photos i will provide please tell me all photo angles you would like and i will take them for you.

THERE ARE NO REFUNDS!!!!!!!

cqluu please dont send me any pms any longer they will be ignored.

Peter Korbel(Fl) 89 g|FH Almana 2.0|Sriver G2 1.7
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Genesis Genesis wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Hey guys if you want we could all buy the rubber back from cqluu.We choose somebody to test the rubber (JimT would you like to be the one?); then cqluu sends him/her the rubber and we all paypal something to the tester so (s)he gets his/her money back (at first the tester paypal the $20 to cqluu). Then the decision of the tester is final: Austin was a crook or all this vent is exagerated.Who wants to participate? who wants to be the tester?I put $2 in.Now let's the fun begin.

while i applaud your altruistic motive, i wonder if such exploit undermine the integrity of the 'for sale' forum (and other forums). such exercise will only attract more disruptive and juvenile behavior which I (and I gather others too) frankly can do away with. it is unfair to burden other people with someone else's muddle - there is such a thing called 'responsibility.' and the sooner he realize this, the sooner he'll be better off (in this forum and in real life).

with all due respect, of course.

+1000

Giving the buyer whom was wrongly treated in this case, money from other sources other than the seller....only promotes the ability and non-responsibility type attitude of the seller to keep doing it over and over again.  To do such would be total apathy to irresponsible behaviour. 

Austin,  you misrepresented the thickness of the rubber.  That alone should be more than enough reason for you to "boy-UP'  in this case and give a refund...no matter what you have to do to give the money back to the buyer.  

I vote ban austin for his huge role in bringing down this forum to a new super low level of existence!!!  This little scam he pulled off on cqluu should be more than enough to support such a move. It is ridiculousness how he has not been properly moderated on this site. He fills the forum with 99.9% useless spam posts, especially in the FS section. 

AUSTIN...THE FOR SALE SECTION IS NOT A CHATTING SECTION!!!  IF YOU HAVE NO MEANS TO ACTUALLY BUY SOMETHING OR TRADE WITH SOMEONE THAT FIRST OFFERS A TRADE POSSIBILITY...........STOP POSTING IN SUCH FS THREADS!!! 

GraemeW View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

I vote ban austin for his huge role in bringing down this forum to a new super low level of existence!!!  This little scam he pulled off on cqluu should be more than enough to support such a move. It is ridiculousness how he has not been properly moderated on this site. He fills the forum with 99.9% useless spam posts, especially in the FS section. 

I am more of a lurker in this forum rather than an active poster - I contribute only where i believe I have something to add. I also buy and sell from time to time and have done so without even the slightest difficulty or any unpleasantness over the years.

I was close to starting a topic entitled 'Human Spam Bot!' the other week, however I thought this issue had perhaps been resolved or at least 'moderated' by the Moderators. I'm a very easy going person in real life, but Austin's senseless postings and dubious actions in recent weeks have completely put me off this site.

This is a community of (gererally!) like-minded table tennis enthusiasts from around the world - a community of those who are passionate about TT. The forum is now in danger of descending into a farce, which is a sad state of affairs.

Would one of the Moderators please respond - either here or by PM - to advise how they intend to remedy this unworthy situation. If you are unable to do this, then please advise on how to remove my registration from this Forum.

Thanks in advance.
Butterfly Korbel ST
Red FH: BTY Tenergy T80 1.9mm
Black BH: TSP Curl P4 1.5mm
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 9:23am

i believe that this topic is ended i have sent through 20 dollars in the mail and i have already talked with moderators, i am no longer spamming (according to some moderators due to feedback of a certain moderator and other members on this forum.) so please stop verbally attacking me on a forum because you dont like something. It is bad enough that you are putting your nose into the buissness of cqluu and i. so incase you didnt read it MONEY HAS BEEN REFUNDED!

ztec View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 9:38am
Originally posted by austin austin wrote:

and i have the no refund policy ^_^. nothing against that...i offered a return for something diffrent no cash.and for two reasons...

1. i have no more cash!(i no longer have cash due to many diffrent purchases.)

2. it is against my parents and i even when doing real life deals they will show pictures and the item. only rule that i have let is i will give you a diffrent item instead i dont have a steady income to give refunds like that.

It's against your parents to offer a refund for a misdealing you did, but it's ok to them for you to wrong someone and take their money. Uh... what?

EDIT: Point isn't about the money anymore, like someone said, it's 20 dollars, not exactly anybody's life savings. Point is, this didn't have to be so complicated; just apologize and refund. Would've saved you and everybody else a ton of trouble here, and it would've benefited you in the future. Think big picture sometimes, it'll help make the right decisions clearer than your immediate desires. And stop counter attacking everybody's who's attacking you. Again, it's not helping your cause in any way, no reason to compound your error.
Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 9:43am

im not gonna argue over my beliefs nor my parents. please drop the situation it has been taken care of.

geotjakra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:16am
Good for you Austin, finally you are doing the right thing! If there is a next time. A golden rule in selling stuff or trading: It is always better to be overly honest and anally exact in decsribing all minor flaws of the products. This help to avoid future misunderstanding, and worst of all dissapointing the buyer and cause a big problem later in the future! Sometimes words are clearer than pictures!
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:24am
thankyou but i guess for no on i need to make a format that has no refunds in it no matter what and that it is the buyers responsiblity that they get all information that they need.

mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:45am
I don't think that's the best approach to deal with people on a board where the transactions are based on trust. It's not about the legality here but about what's the right thing to do. On here the right thing to do is to be as honest as possible up front about what you are selling / trading. Don't put the responsibility on the buyer. They are dealing in good faith with you, assuming that you tell them the whole truth. Otherwise you come across like a shady used car salesman.
Just my 2 cents.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 10:57am

I am not saying not to do that but what information i give is what i have thought is enough if the buyer is a little unsure its their job to ask and then the responsiblity will be put on  me. if they dont ask it is not my fault that they are not satisfied with something that they could have avoided with photos and/or measurements.what i am told by other companies or sellers is not my fault for any misleading. For example, dandc  he made sure that i took pictures for him and measured the rubber. this will make sure that this is what he wants exactly or close to it. i stated that it had some sponge damage but still playable. so he asked me to take a picture and i did. he told me what he wants the picture of and i took it of this exactly. this is what a smart buyer does if he would be unhappy with it he would be able to know from photos. now it would be my complete fault if i had stated that the rubber is brand new and unopened and then sent him a cut rubber that had been used this would be my responsiblity to refund that buyers money. i am just a sales person trying to get some cash for items that i either want or need.

ckm423 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:01am
I am just curious to ask this question, if you paid by Paypal, is there some sort of buyer protection?
Yasaka Extra
FH: DHS Neo Skyline 2
BH: Donic Acuda S2 2.0mm
USATT:1876
My Feedback!

austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:03am
i have never entered a credit card in paypal so there is no source for them to take from.

karabijntje View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:05am
Originally posted by GraemeW GraemeW wrote:

I am more of a lurker in this forum rather than an active poster - I contribute only where i believe I have something to add. I also buy and sell from time to time and have done so without even the slightest difficulty or any unpleasantness over the years.

I was close to starting a topic entitled 'Human Spam Bot!' the other week, however I thought this issue had perhaps been resolved or at least 'moderated' by the Moderators. I'm a very easy going person in real life, but Austin's senseless postings and dubious actions in recent weeks have completely put me off this site.

This is a community of (gererally!) like-minded table tennis enthusiasts from around the world - a community of those who are passionate about TT. The forum is now in danger of descending into a farce, which is a sad state of affairs.

Would one of the Moderators please respond - either here or by PM - to advise how they intend to remedy this unworthy situation. If you are unable to do this, then please advise on how to remove my registration from this Forum.

Thanks in advance.

I'm quite active since I registered here (I'm a software developer and there's not much work at the moment Tongue), but that's the only difference, you expressed exactly how I'm seeing this. I noticed there have been taken actions by the mods, but it seems to me they didn't have much effect in the end.

* TBS - Color - Spear - Virtuoso+
* Vega Pro / Europe
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:08am
whats that supposed to mean i have not posted nearly as much...and i think of what i say before saying it to be honest sometimes ill enter a topic to try and participate in helping and ill just click back on internet explorer cause i see that i can not contribute positivly.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:09am
I am not on anybody's side. I hope we'll find a neutral tester (not me).
So we have $4 now. Who's going to kick in for more details about this dark story?
I want to find out the truth.

kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:23am
moderators should start listening to me better. not too long ago I started a thread about having austin banned.... they didn't think that was necessary, and now look at what trouble he has caused. this issue isn't over yet and likewise, other issues are yet to be resolved. given austin's history with the postal system, lets hope that his refund is indeed recieved and lets find out what actuallly happened to that killerspin blade that he was sent for free testing.

so someone was kind enough to send austin a $120+ blade, but austin claims to not have recieved it (after commenting that he would keep it if he liked it). then he claimes his parents bought him the exact same blade new at his club. (same parents that won't buy him a bottle of rubber cement) he then sells that blade to another forum member advertising it as brand new, which it clearly was not.... hmmmm sounds like it was the blade that had previously been tested and not the one his parents bought for him that he refused to review or even take pictures of.

clearly austin doesn't believe in anything but pure greed and dishonesty (whether or not i'm correct about the killerspin situation)

do we really want this kind of filth on the forum????

i think not.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 11:32am

Austin did the right thing by sending a refund. The situation has now deflated like an old balloon fast losing its helium.

Too bad I would have liked to see a clear ending. Instead it seems like austin covered his body with oil to make it impossible to all the wrestlers on the thread to get a grip on him.

Topic closed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic