Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwarning: do not do business with Austin M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
cqluu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: warning: do not do business with Austin M
    Posted: 06/15/2010 at 10:45am
I purchased a piece of Tenergy 05, which is advertised as black, 2.1 mm and still at 80%. But when I received it, the sponge is more like 1.7mm thickness. Also, the back of sponge has some substance that looks like some non-tt glue. I requested for a refund, but he refused. In my book, this is fraud since the merchandise is not as advertised. I am pursuing this matter with paypal and my credit card.
Sponsored Links

austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 10:50am
I understand that you are upset i have taken photos of the sponge and rubber upon your request and givin them to you. tenergy does have shrinkage i used rubber cement. and i have advertised that the sponge has some damage. the rubber was advertised as 80 percent(this can be an opinion which is why photos were provided to make sure that you were happy) according to us law i have not commited mail fraud because i have givin you everything you have asked for. i dont mind that you put this but dont crowd up the for sale forum area.

Peter Korbel(Fl) 89 g|FH Almana 2.0|Sriver G2 1.7
cqluu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 10:59am
well, you never took a picture of the sponge, only the surface of the rubber. Also, I was curious that you asked the moderator to close and hide your "FS" topic after my transaction. Now I realize the reason.

I am not crowding this for sale forum. I feel it's important to warn others to avoid making my mistake.
karabijntje View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 11:25am
If the sponge has some damage then you should have taken a picture of it. Also percentages say nothing, how do you come to this number? Better tell the hours of play when selling a rubber. Clearly the buyer was expecting something he did not get, so the product description wasn't clear enough. 
* TBS - Color - Spear - Virtuoso+
* Vega Pro / Europe
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 11:47am
Unfortunately, this is not the only "misunderstanding" which transpired during buy-sell operations with Austin. I would advise - for now - to buy from other sellers.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 12:05pm
based on what I've read/seen Austin's posts, I'm pretty observant as I've been here long enuf to know to avoid dealing w/ ppl like him. 
It's kinda strange that he is sorta still in the "protective" arms of some mods.
We learn new things everyday. don't we?
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 3:50pm
shoot him down,i say.there should be a list of those who aren't fair/dishonest sellers.may be posting in the beginning a list of dishonest sellers outlined in red can warn potential buyers.
i would really like to see such people loose their right to post at this forum,if at all possible.austin,mshur,trankev,so on...they don't contribute anything,but cause trouble for others.shoot them all,mods
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 4:31pm
It seems that everyone wants to shut Austin down. Let him have a chance to explain before people are jumping in. By the way, how much is the rubber purchased? Depend on the price, the condition need to be equivalent. If the price is $10, then don't expect it to be perfect.
cqluu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 5:10pm
The price is $20. I certainly did not expect a perfect used rubber. However, this piece that I received is nearly unplayable. The back of the sponge is damaged by some strong glue or chemical. Also, his post listed a 2.1mm sponge, but it's like 1.7mm (I measured). This is false advertising. I would not have purchased his rubber if I had known its true thickness. His explanation is that the sponge shrinked. Now, I have played TT for many years using several types of rubbers. I have seen rubbers shrink in widths but not getting uniformly thinner.

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 5:45pm
As we are here far away from each other in most cases,it is
practically impossible to see all and everything.If a buyer isn't finding some stuff in the same condition as was mentioned in seller's add,buyers should be able to have his/her money refunded and sellers get their stuff back asap.some people just can't be trusted,and i don't mean to be offending Austin,it is just these issues have come up over and over again.Unless sellers provide fair description and adequate quality pics,then buying from them should be avoided at all.In this case seller should have accepted the rubber back and returned the money.I have been in similar situation and I perfectly understand the buyer.If you can't/don't want to provide accurate description and mail out stuff that is n't satisfactory to your buyer,accept that fact that you can't be trusted,and chances are people will not deal with you anymore.It doesn't matter how much you pay-10$ or 100$ for something.I see no useful purpose for participating in this anymore,but I am aware of the problem and will continue to monitor this thread.I think of MODS at this forum as they have been often there to correct problems,but in some instances,more could be done to limit others from potential cheats who come here at mytt.
Be right back...
dandc View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 5:47pm
I order T64 $20 from him, and I saw both side of rubber. I'm not sure how much sponge damage. But I saw Holes on sponge, because he used cement rubber that cause the damage.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51135042@N08/

This is link of pictures from him. But item not ship yet.
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 5:53pm
sadly this is not a surprise..... i've been warning everyone about austin for a while now, but i guess not everyone has taken me seriously. sorry you had to find out the hard way. he gets almost all of his items used from others, then he uses them for a few weeks and advertises them as only used for a few hours or with 80% left.... don't believe a word he says
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 5:55pm
even the killerspin blade he advertised as brand new was reported in used condition....
dandc View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 6:00pm
Yes, that one is true. Blade was used before but he said brand new and he said sorry that he didn't know before. 
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 7:09pm
cqluu once again i am very sorry for your dissatisfaction and i have stated i am willing to send you a diffrent rubber instead of that if you want and i can ste the rubbers that are valid for the trading.

railroad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 7:30pm
Hey guys! Are you fighting for a $ 20.00. It is not a big money if you are selling even for $ 40.00 or more. Customer always right. Seller need to be friendly, and make buyers happy with his products. 
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 7:42pm
austin being a clueless 16 year old kid doesn't realize offering a different rubber is not what the buyer wants.....

AUSTIN just issue him a full refund, and if you want your rubber back, add a couple of bucks so that he doesn't have to pay to ship it back to you. the buyer was not at fault in this situtation
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 7:57pm
and i have the no refund policy ^_^. nothing against that...i offered a return for something diffrent no cash.and for two reasons...

1. i have no more cash!(i no longer have cash due to many diffrent purchases.)

2. it is against my parents and i even when doing real life deals they will show pictures and the item. only rule that i have let is i will give you a diffrent item instead i dont have a steady income to give refunds like that.

wkm1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 8:15pm
....based on what I've read/seen Austin's posts, I'm pretty observant as I've been here long enuf to know to avoid dealing w/ ppl like him.....

Good Quote!

I got the same impression,  just the way how he posted on the Forum.

kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 9:02pm
austin it isn't the buyer's fault you don't have $20 to refund him.....
a no refund policy is fine, but when an item is falsely represented it is your obligation to issue a full refund as the seller, no questions asked. if you don't like the idea of this, stop posting stuff for sale on the forum, where you don't have to pay fees.

you would get destroyed on ebay for this type of behavior....
erikliu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 9:24pm
I only joined the forum in May, but have read enough of austin's many useless postings to know he's a seller to be avoided. I feel sorry for others who got fooled.
austin, please give the guy a refund!
Erik Liu
geotjakra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 10:35pm
On the ground that the promised rubber thickness is not the same as the one that is send, is reason enough for a full refund(deceit/fraud). If refund is still not provided, let this be a $20 lesson that everybody in this forum will /should not deal with Austin in any kind of dealings from now on.
Austin, I hope you do the right thing, be honorable, give the man a full refund as soon as you can get the money (perhaps borrow from your parents first). It's not a good habit to start destroying your character and credibility at such a young age, it might haunt/harm you in later endevours!
cqluu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 10:56pm
"cqluu once again i am very sorry for your dissatisfaction and i have stated i am willing to send you a diffrent rubber instead of that if you want and i can ste the rubbers that are valid for the trading. "

Austin,
I did not pay $20 to buy "any item" from you. I was buying that specific T05. I should not be "forced" to buy something I don't need or want. The main issues I have with here are honesty & trust. As others mentioned in this thread, this "For Sale" forum does not have very tight sellers regulation/control, and no recourse for buyers is available. The underlying principle to make it work is "trust". You have not established & maintained that "trust". I feel that others should be aware.
bbgobie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 11:32pm
The thing is, some people take longer to grow up than others, and some never do.

Austin, I hope you learn to grow up in life sooner than later.
Joo Se Who View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 1:35am
His rating is less than 700 so he shouldnt be able to give any advice or describe anything for sale, there have been many threads just to complain about him, I dont understand why austin has not been banned. I would never do business w him and sorry he will not return ur money he only cares about himself and would rather make excuses that make no sense like many of his post . Thanks for pissing of another member of this forum and not contributing once again. Please go play more tt and practice more Austin if u would train as much as u post u might actually b get better
Blade:TBS
FH:05fx
BH:05fx

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 1:41am
Hey guys if you want we could all buy the rubber back from cqluu.
We choose somebody to test the rubber (JimT would you like to be the one?); then cqluu sends him/her the rubber and we all paypal something to the tester so (s)he gets his/her money back (at first the tester paypal the $20 to cqluu). Then the decision of the tester is final: Austin was a crook or all this vent is exagerated.
Who wants to participate? who wants to be the tester?
I put $2 in.
Now let's the fun begin.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 2:21am
Fatt,no I think the buyer doesn't need forum's contribution to compensate for money/time loss.All he wants is to let the forum know he had bad experience with Austin and to help somebody from getting in any dealings with Austin in the future.I would personally like to see this member suspended since he doesn't want to understand what drove the other person to start this thread.A simple refund and apology to the seller are due,but here is a different mind set-the money is gone,sorry.
Be right back...
tiburon74 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 4:31am
its looks like FATT its on AUSTIN's side
1 Ply Hinoki Club

Darker Speed 90
Tenergy 05
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 5:17am
No, Fatt wants to fix the situation, cause if we all bitch an moan about Austin it doesn't help anyone, so Fatt comes with a reasonable solution.

I'm in for 2 bucks also! But Austin needs to get banned from this forum or atleast not being able to post things. because else i need to give a lot of people 2 bucks soon. LOL
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
Genesis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2010 at 7:44am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Hey guys if you want we could all buy the rubber back from cqluu.We choose somebody to test the rubber (JimT would you like to be the one?); then cqluu sends him/her the rubber and we all paypal something to the tester so (s)he gets his/her money back (at first the tester paypal the $20 to cqluu). Then the decision of the tester is final: Austin was a crook or all this vent is exagerated.Who wants to participate? who wants to be the tester?I put $2 in.Now let's the fun begin.

while i applaud your altruistic motive, i wonder if such exploit undermine the integrity of the 'for sale' forum (and other forums). such exercise will only attract more disruptive and juvenile behavior which I (and I gather others too) frankly can do away with. it is unfair to burden other people with someone else's muddle - there is such a thing called 'responsibility.' and the sooner he realize this, the sooner he'll be better off (in this forum and in real life).

with all due respect, of course.

T05 | AMULTART.SI-TBZLC.ST-PHOTINO.ST | T05
The 'TRINITY'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic