Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone buy these Mizuno shoes from here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone buy these Mizuno shoes from here?
    Posted: 06/19/2010 at 5:19am
Anyone buy these shoes from this company. I think I read he sells fakes but some say they are real. Any help would be great. Thanks

Edited by RJTT - 09/15/2010 at 8:46pm
Sponsored Links

xake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 6:02am
fake! they are too cheap to be genuine ;)
prize should be about 70 dollars
timstiga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timstiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 7:51am
I havent bought shoes from here but they are fake. You can tell from the sole of the shoe. A real wave medal would have a better cut sole (the grooved hexagons have thinner walls) and the there is also a difference between the wave technology (wave plate), the real one has a real and larger wave plate while the fake one has a smaller one. It is visible underneath the sole of the shoe.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 9:09am
I pointed this out when I first saw that website.....and thanks much timstiga for presenting this again with great pics!  Thumbs%20Up

wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 10:57am
yes what they sell arent genuine, but their shirts(which I purchase from that site) which are also not genuine looks great and have good quality.

I may purchase a shoe later on him.
Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 11:40am
Thanks guys. I suspected they were fakes and read that most people thought they were. I am on the fence about these but may give them a shot for the price. $35.00 shipped is pretty cheap for a TT shoe. Then again I may get what I pay for, a cheap TT shoe. LOL
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 1:56pm
Someone else posted this other web site: http://shop.ilpp.idv.tw/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=1464&language=en.  I assume these are real because the prices are higher?  I was interested because they have Wave Drive 4 in 29 cm (USA size 11).  However, when I tried to order from them, it didn't work.

I'd really like to get a Wave Medal 2 in size 11/29 cm, but haven't found a source for that yet.
xake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 2:13pm
http://www.indoortrends.de/Marken-Shop/Mizuno/Tischtennisschuhe/MIZUNO-Wave-Drive-4-Tischtennisschuhe.html

those are 100% genuine, bought mine there.
and still cheap!
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by xake xake wrote:

http://www.indoortrends.de/Marken-Shop/Mizuno/Tischtennisschuhe/MIZUNO-Wave-Drive-4-Tischtennisschuhe.html

those are 100% genuine, bought mine there.
and still cheap!

I took a look and they also appear to have Wave Medal in USA 11, which is cool.  However, the whole web site is in German and I'm one of those ignorant Americans who has to use spellcheck just to correctly spell English.  Is there an English written version of that web site?

Also, you said cheap but I those prices looked pretty high to me.
xake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 3:09pm
well, it's the cheapest german shop i found in the internet ;)
maybe the prize is higher here because of the import etc...
but i'm not sure if those 30-40dollar shoes aren't also fakes!

unfortunately there's no english page but you can write an email: [email protected]
i'm quite sure that you will get an answer and i know that you can pay via paypal!

RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2010 at 6:47pm
I am going to order the ones from prott and see how they are. I will post a review after I get them in a couple of weeks.
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2010 at 2:55pm
Timstiga, where did you get the pics of the real shoes? Thanks
timstiga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timstiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 10:14am
I got it from Taobao (a Chinese version of Ebay). heres the link, http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db2-ef1d7417e880295930882c1c98ddc37e.htm
flyingmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2010 at 12:09pm
friend of mine bought a pair of the fake ones for $20 at a local tournament.  4 months later and the wave plate is starting to separate from the sole, the top surface isn't holding up well either.  The cushion on the heel is completely compressed and separating as well as the foam in the rest of the sole.  He isn't very hard on his shoes, doesn't move too much and plays about 10 hr/wk.  Not sure how durable the originals are but IMHO the knock offs are not worth it.   
Ma Lin Soft Carbon: FH: H3 NEO, BH: Red Diamond

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38328&PID=471847#471847
timstiga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timstiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2010 at 9:51am
I was actually about to buy the shoe from prott, but the price seemed to good to be true so I did some research and decided not to buy it
xake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2010 at 11:11am
the original mizunos are really well made and the quality is really good, so they are definately worth the prize and i suggest you to buy the real ones and no fakes!
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2010 at 8:58pm

I ordered a pair from prott and will post a review on my initial thoughts and report back after a few months.

RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 3:55am
I finally got a chance to try these shoes out tonight. They took about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive from China but buying them went smooth. Are they fake? I will have to say most likely yes, based on the price alone. They seem to be decent as far as construction but dont have the "fit and finish" as a genuine Mizuno would have, even though I have never seen a real pair either. They just seem like they would be better if they were in fact real Mizunos. I bought a size 9us and they seem to run pretty true to that size.

I wore them tonight for about 4 hours of playing and they fit and feel nice. They seem to grip good and have good support. We will have to see if they hold up over time but for the money ($25.00) I am 100% happy with them.

Edited by RJTT - 09/15/2010 at 7:51pm
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2010 at 7:49pm
I used these shoes for another 4 hours session the other night and they are still holding up well and very comfortable. I will keep you guys posted how they continue to do....
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2010 at 2:15am
Noticed the orange rubber sole on the fake compared to pale cream color of original/real one. 
:: EJ level 1 ::
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2010 at 7:40am
Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

Noticed the orange rubber sole on the fake compared to pale cream color of original/real one. 

Is that a question? Mine are not as orange as the picture but not the cream color either.
timstiga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timstiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2010 at 7:50am
Is the cushioning starting to compress as a member stated?
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2010 at 11:58am
Originally posted by timstiga timstiga wrote:

Is the cushioning starting to compress as a member stated?

No, but for the price I can buy another pair or, the insoles are removable so I would just put in a new pair of insoles.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2010 at 12:46pm
Thanks for taking one for the team.

How is the overall fit?  can you move well (laterally and etc..) ?

Is it true to size as stated? Is the shoe still grippy now?

tia.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2010 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Thanks for taking one for the team.

How is the overall fit?  can you move well (laterally and etc..) ?

Is it true to size as stated? Is the shoe still grippy now?

tia.

They are true to size. Yes, they allow good movement, feel stable and are light weight.

It is a little hard for me to tell on the grip because of the place I play does not have nice clean dust free floors. Any shoe exposed to a dusty floor will not grip well. I have started using a wet towel in between serves and they grip nice doing that. I am going to say on the right floor that is clean they will grip very good.

Hope this helps and answers your questions....

Justchill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 4:17pm
hi,

I'm interested in these shoes...

I have Adidas Feishu 2 shoes; US=9/ UK 8,5 / EUR =42,66 = 270JPN

what size is that on that chinese website?
B = BTY TBS
FH = PALIO Macro Era 2.0
BH = BTY Tackiness D 1.7
RJTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 4:55pm
I have a size 9 US also. Just email them and ask which one will work. The ones I have run true to size.

Founding member and club director of: Davidson County Table Tennis Club, NC.

www.davidsoncountytabletennisclub.com

CLUB SPONSORS: Joola, Giant Dragon, Zero Pong, Newgy, mypingpongbuddy
roi_ace7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roi_ace7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2012 at 11:04pm
this mizuno are fake??? 
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2012 at 9:21am
I've bought these 2 weeks back: http://www.prott.cc/shop/Detailed.aspx?d=88009

They are fake, but the quality is quite good! There are a few very tiny differences with the real ones but i can't feel the difference with the real ones when I'm wearing them! Great prices for the quality and i would recommend them most definitely!  :)
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2012 at 2:10pm
They are probably not fake; they may be shoes manufactured and sold just for the Chinese/Asian market and therefore are cheaper and lower quality than the "regular" Mizuno's you are used to.
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic