FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The Japan Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
l00p View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l00p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 9:50am
edit: @mods: please delete this post!

Edited by l00p - 07/04/2010 at 9:53am
Sponsored Links

l00p View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l00p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 9:52am
Semifinal
Timo Boll-Joo Se Hyuk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gtDkzU_gG8

Jun Mizutani-Li Ching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ZvH9HWYH0

Final
Timo Boll-Jun Mizutani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvaIw_-8s5A

Nice quality, thanks to ttprovider! :)

SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 9:56am
Timo Boll-Jun Mizutani + ceremony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpN4S1-hRsg
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

sadra121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadra121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 10:59am
Do you have BOLL Timo vs JOO Se Hyuk  (megaupload).?

Edited by sadra121 - 07/04/2010 at 11:12am
sadra121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadra121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 11:06am
Originally posted by emir24 emir24 wrote:

Timo Boll is the CHAMPION Clap

Here for all the TIMO maniacs I have uploaded his way to the title (all matches ripped from itTV - except Round 1)

Round 2:
Timo Boll VS. Noshad Alamiyan     http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1W2EDIB7

Round 3: 
Timo Boll VS. Seiya Kishikawa     http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NLPI3JBN

QUARTERfinal: 
Timo Boll VS. Alexey Smirnov     http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8GIEPY4M

SEMIfinal: uploading (coming soon)

FINAL: uploading (coming soon)

Enjoy   Big smile

Thank you very very much emir24 .
peteleco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteleco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 11:09am
Hello. could someone please post the games on megaupload! 
Timo Boll vs. Jun Mizutani, 
Jun Mizutani vs. Kim Min Seok, 
Jung Young Sik vs. Jun Mizutani. 

please would be very grateful!
Jun Mizutani - FL
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 11:12am
Thanks to all the video uploaders! I think Boll added a new dimension to his game lately. He no longer has that "constipated" look when looping. Now it's becoming much smoother(maybe due to better timing?). Also his loops got so much harder now. His FH flip is really deadly now. Very deceptive directional changes at the last minute, and also it's so much harder now. Mizutani really has to work on his FH side. His FH loops from his FH side are not strong enough to pose a threat to Boll. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
emir24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emir24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 12:07pm

Here is the semifinal - Timo Boll VS. Joo Se Hyuk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KT5RWDMS

I have begun uploading the final too. Have a little more patience. It is worth the wait. Wink

Timo Boll and Co. - GO for GOLD in der Westfalenhalle
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Thanks to all the video uploaders! I think Boll added a new dimension to his game lately. He no longer has that "constipated" look when looping. Now it's becoming much smoother(maybe due to better timing?). Also his loops got so much harder now. His FH flip is really deadly now. Very deceptive directional changes at the last minute, and also it's so much harder now. Mizutani really has to work on his FH side. His FH loops from his FH side are not strong enough to pose a threat to Boll. 

It think it is more due to tuning LOL

takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 2:28pm

yeah, i totally agree.  boll has tweaked the fh loop and added more pop and his anticipation has improved.

the only people now he apparently can't hit thru are the top 6 chinese players.

as for mizutani, you're right, he just doesn't have the power on the fh loop.  and i think it's just not him, but all the japanese players, except for maybe yoshida kaii (who's actually chinese).

in the last set, there were a few counterlooping rallies.  it looks to me like mizutani is hitting the ball too late, too far to the side of his body.  he needs to set himself up so that he can hit the ball more upfront.  and i think he knows there's a problem and that's why he served long in the last set, cuz he wanted to have those long fh loop rallies, cuz i think he wants to go after the match and study that video.

but there's another possibility, that being the racket he's playing with.  if it's slower and/or less spinny than boll's then that could be the problem, at least in part.
tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 3:26pm
I don't know, maybe it is nonsense, but I heard that mizutani is actually right hander, but his parrents forced him to play with left hand to become more uncomfortable for opponents. Maybe it because of this that mizutani doesn't have enough power, because his stronger hand is right?
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 7:06pm
shame on boll he is definetely tuning  and i almost taught he had a sportsman spirit in him
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by big d big d wrote:

shame on boll he is definetely tuning  and i almost taught he had a sportsman spirit in him

Shame on you for being a judgmental idiot. What do you know?
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 9:01pm
who was the old lady having a nice talk with boll and rossi?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

NWWN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NWWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 9:12pm
can anyone please post Wang Yue Gu's videos?
she was lovely in japan
danggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 11:07pm
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2010 at 11:48pm
i almost forgot about the TT open in Jp, as the worldcup seems to be more interesting

haha
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 1:50am
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

yeah, i totally agree.  boll has tweaked the fh loop and added more pop and his anticipation has improved.

the only people now he apparently can't hit thru are the top 6 chinese players.

as for mizutani, you're right, he just doesn't have the power on the fh loop.  and i think it's just not him, but all the japanese players, except for maybe yoshida kaii (who's actually chinese).

in the last set, there were a few counterlooping rallies.  it looks to me like mizutani is hitting the ball too late, too far to the side of his body.  he needs to set himself up so that he can hit the ball more upfront.  and i think he knows there's a problem and that's why he served long in the last set, cuz he wanted to have those long fh loop rallies, cuz i think he wants to go after the match and study that video.

but there's another possibility, that being the racket he's playing with.  if it's slower and/or less spinny than boll's then that could be the problem, at least in part.

Boll has really tweaked his FH loop now... probably because Rosskopf, the new German coach, had taught him a few secrets to his own crazy hard loops. 
-------
Viscaria

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

It think it is more due to tuning LOL

Maybe or maybe not, but if the ITTF officials and umpires do not detect it, then it's probably not illegal. But Timo Boll definitely has tweaked his FH loop. Notice how he takes his wrist much more backwards, and his stroke has more forward movement now. Even his backhand is tweaked in the same way already. I think he changed his tendency to "hit" rather than "brush". But he still retained his deadly spinny 1st ball...LOL 
-------
Viscaria

emir24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emir24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 7:04am
Here is the spectacular Men s singles final from the Japan Open 2010. in Kobe

Timo Boll VS. Jun Mizutani     http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CWG8K0S5

Sorry that it took so long to post this, but I had to re-start the upload. Also, the average upload speed was ca. 13 KB/s (took me nearly 6h to finish).

Enjoy and stop complaining about Timo. Here is a little history lesson about the german wunderkind.

He was, he is and he will always be a exceptional TT player. 

His bad luck with injuries (Olympia 2004. - he had injury in the build up (two months before the event)
                                                WTTC 2005. - he was not fully fit (high fever during tounament)
                                               Olympia 2008. - he had injury in march (missed because of that the WTTC 2008.)
                                                WTTC 2009 - he couldn t play because of injury)

and the fact that he needs to complete with the most dominant generation of chinese player - are the main reasons he wasn t been world or even olympic champion so far. 

To be fair I must admit that he had two grat chances that he wasted easily: 
WTTC 2003. - Timo is World number 1 and loses second Round match to Qiu Yike !!!!!!!
WTTC 2007. - Timo loses in quarterfinals against Ryu Seung Min without winning a set, but the amazing fact is that he has never before this match or afterwards had any problems beating Ryu (it is to this day the only victory for Ryu vs. Timo, he has barely has managed to win a few sets in all the matches together ). I can t explain what went wrong there, but he had a chance to be world champion in Zagreb 2007. (my humble opinion)

His skill level is amazing and beyond compare in Europe (I truly believe that he is the second best Europaen player EVER - behind J.O. Waldner). 

I have alson noticed that he is hitting harder, but it does not have to be because of tuning. The tuning can be a reason, but i think that it has more to do with his determination to work on fis fitness level. A few years ago he said that he feels that his tehnique is good enough to keep up with the chinese, but he thinks that they are miles ahead in the physical aspect of the game, and he wanted to develop his physical strength. 
Just look some videos of "young" Timo Boll and compare it to the Timo Boll of now. It think the difference
 is undeniable. He is simply much "bigger"
Another reason for his harder play can be the fact that the chinese have adjusted to his crazy spin, and he just needed to add another dinension to his game in oreder to stay unpredictable

When Timo is fully fit and "in the zone" I would say that every match between him and the chinese is a 50%-50% game. And nobody else in the world (in the last 10 years, at least) is even close to Timo when it comes to challenging the great chinese wall.

For example, I think that Ryu Seung Min (one of my favourite players ever) is not half as good as Timo. Yet he did manage to get olympic gold 2004. and a bronze medal at the WTTC 2007. 

Maybe it is Timo s destiny to go the way of Werner Schlager and capture the great prize when nobody is expecting it to happen anymore. 

Only time will tell, if Timo will go down in TT history as one of the greatest players ever, but I have made my mind that he already is a true champion. 

I hope that my little essay wasn t too boring, but some of the comments above were untrue, and I felt the need to put some things into context. Wink

Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 7:53am
Guys this is only one game, don't forget that he lost to same Mizutani, only a month ago in World Championship, maybe Mizutani was not time his form for the Japanese Open.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 7:58am
Is Timo like the great white hope of table tennis?  The defensive fanboyishness of some of his fans is comicalLOL
emir24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emir24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 9:15am
I am not a fanboy. Everything I siad is 100% true (about the injuries) and the rest is my subjective opinion. 
I think that i have a right to like someone, that doesnt mean that I hate all the other players. It is quite the oposite. I really love the see the chinesse play, due to the fact that they are the best in the sport. If you love a sport, you want to look up to the best. 
(There is a reason why I admire F.C. Barcelona in football, altough I am not from Sapin or have any kind of connection with the club. It is the pure beauty of play that atrracts me to them) 
Same with the chinese TT plyers. If Timo gets kicked out of some tournament I am always hoping that Ma Lin gets the win (despite the fact that he has demolished "my" player most of the times they have met). I love Ma because of his crazy shots. 

Maybe Timo hasn t lived up to the high expectations, but I just can t stand it when people are attacking someone without any reason.

I never said that he is the best ever, just that he is capable of being ONE OF THE BEST players in TT history.

Yes, the best chinese are better. That is a fact. But it is also fact that they have:
A) better training conditions (it is a difference if your hitting partner is Ma Long, Wang Liqin ... or               Patrick Baum, Dima Ovtcharov ...)
B) to be injured is a great setback for every professional player in any sport. You don t forget how to hold the recket, but you certainly lose a little of your touch (simply because of the time you weren t able to practice) 
You can compare it to yourself (if you play Table Tennis), what a difference a week or two of No-training does to your overall game. It is a huge factor (you can say whatever you want)
Another example is Rafael Nadal - remember how everybody was talking sh*t about him at the end of last year. Like "He is not the player he used to be ..." bla, bla, bla  
And what about Rafa now. He looks like he is invincible. What a differnce a couple of months of hard training can make (without the interruption by injury). Suddenly he has all what it takes to be No. 1. (I think that you can t argue that he is now suddenly become more talented than before)

Back to Timo. 

I accept the fact when Timo loses to the chinese, it is mostly because they are superior in many aspects of the game. And that s O.K. You win some, you lose some. But every once in a while, when Timo shows some flashes of brilliance, all the haters try to talk it down by saying "what about all his past failures ..." bla, bla bla

Don t you think that it takes a great player to: 
- defeat the 3 best chinese players at the same tournament - happend twice (World Cup 2002. and 2005.) 
- to beat the chinese players at WTTC - altough only in team event (WTTC 2006. and WTTC 2010.) and doubles (WTTC 2005.)
- be a driving force and lead a team to win 3 ETTC titles, reach 2 WTTC finals, and get silver in team competition at Olympic games (don t forget that he has unbelievable pressure in team events because if he loses a single game - the match is almost lost too)

If  you still think that I am just a "fanboy", who wants to see all the things he likes to see in someone. So be it. Then I am a true Timo Boll fanboy. I just think that the term "supporter" suits me better

Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 10:49am
Videos from bokett.com

WS-QF
ZHU Yuling vs FUKUHARA Ai
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T3GPS5Q3

MS-SF
LI Ching vs MIZUTANI Jun
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V8ZI42GN

MS-QF
MIZUTANI Jun vs JUNG Young Sik
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KLYK15PA

Edited by Fixpoint - 07/06/2010 at 7:00am
l00p View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l00p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 12:21pm
Women's singles

Semifinal
Zhu Yuling-Park Mi Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfy93qoaYZI

Wang Yuegu-Kim Kyung Ah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk4J45grgA4

Final
Wang Yuegu-Zhu Yuling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEWUCIK6l4

Men's doubles - Final
Kenta Matsudaira/Koki Niwa-Jiang Tianyi/Leung Chu Yan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wusS7XtCYW8

THX to ttprovider!
DaniloDividina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniloDividina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 12:46pm
Women's Singles Finals:

From TTprovider.

Blade: Ma Lin Extra Offensive
FH: Hurricane III
BH: Stiga Carbo Sound
sadra121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadra121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 2:04pm

Here is the semifinal - Timo Boll VS. Joo Se Hyuk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KT5RWDMS

I have begun uploading the final too. Have a little more patience. It is worth the wait. Wink

sadra121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadra121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Fixpoint Fixpoint wrote:

Videos from bokett.com

WS-QF
ZHU Yuling vs FUKUHARA Ai
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T3GPS5Q3

MS-F
BOLL Timo vs MIZUTANI Jun
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V8ZI42GN

MS-QF
MIZUTANI Jun vs JUNG Young Sik
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KLYK15PA

Thank you Fixpoint.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 2:42pm

I am not a fanboy. Everything I siad is 100% true (about the injuries) and the rest is my subjective opinion. 
I think that i have a right to like someone, that doesnt mean that I hate all the other players. It is quite the oposite. I really love the see the chinesse play, due to the fact that they are the best in the sport. If you love a sport, you want to look up to the best. 
(There is a reason why I admire F.C. Barcelona in football, altough I am not from Sapin or have any kind of connection with the club. It is the pure beauty of play that atrracts me to them) 
Same with the chinese TT plyers. If Timo gets kicked out of some tournament I am always hoping that Ma Lin gets the win (despite the fact that he has demolished "my" player most of the times they have met). I love Ma because of his crazy shots. 

Maybe Timo hasn t lived up to the high expectations, but I just can t stand it when people are attacking someone without any reason.

I never said that he is the best ever, just that he is capable of being ONE OF THE BEST players in TT history.

Yes, the best chinese are better. That is a fact. But it is also fact that they have:
A) better training conditions (it is a difference if your hitting partner is Ma Long, Wang Liqin ... or               Patrick Baum, Dima Ovtcharov ...)
B) to be injured is a great setback for every professional player in any sport. You don t forget how to hold the recket, but you certainly lose a little of your touch (simply because of the time you weren t able to practice) 
You can compare it to yourself (if you play Table Tennis), what a difference a week or two of No-training does to your overall game. It is a huge factor (you can say whatever you want)
Another example is Rafael Nadal - remember how everybody was talking sh*t about him at the end of last year. Like "He is not the player he used to be ..." bla, bla, bla  
And what about Rafa now. He looks like he is invincible. What a differnce a couple of months of hard training can make (without the interruption by injury). Suddenly he has all what it takes to be No. 1. (I think that you can t argue that he is now suddenly become more talented than before)

Back to Timo. 

I accept the fact when Timo loses to the chinese, it is mostly because they are superior in many aspects of the game. And that s O.K. You win some, you lose some. But every once in a while, when Timo shows some flashes of brilliance, all the haters try to talk it down by saying "what about all his past failures ..." bla, bla bla

Don t you think that it takes a great player to: 
- defeat the 3 best chinese players at the same tournament - happend twice (World Cup 2002. and 2005.) 
- to beat the chinese players at WTTC - altough only in team event (WTTC 2006. and WTTC 2010.) and doubles (WTTC 2005.)
- be a driving force and lead a team to win 3 ETTC titles, reach 2 WTTC finals, and get silver in team competition at Olympic games (don t forget that he has unbelievable pressure in team events because if he loses a single game - the match is almost lost too)

If  you still think that I am just a "fanboy", who wants to see all the things he likes to see in someone. So be it. Then I am a true Timo Boll fanboy. I just think that the term "supporter" suits me better

you are absolutely right emir24.

Timo Boll is a shark in the water Exclamation. A solid player to win the wttc singles this year.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2010 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

you are absolutely right emir24.

Timo Boll is a shark in the water Exclamation. A solid player to win the wttc singles this year.

He's chance to win the Olympics in London is much better. There will be only 2 Chinese players, unlike WTTC there will still be 7. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic