Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
adyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy Designer's diary
    Posted: 02/13/2022 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Thanks for the question. 

Epoxy is the general glue for most brands, specifically after adopting carbon layer into blades’ structure. 
For Stiga, I can not specify what glue they use, but their way is different from most other brands. 
So, the feeling and sound are unique, but blades are not strongly glued. 
But I don’t think they had special philosophy or something, but just has been doing that way almost 80 years. 

During this pandemic I have done some experiments with some glues and some veneers and the results are "a bit" inline with what you wrote above. Also, from what I have tested:
- the pressure applied during glue hardening plays a role in the feel of the ply. A high pressure (offcourse with proper glue and ply structure) could make the blade feel sharper;
- glue used to attach the handles to the tang, could make a blade feel a bit stiffer or flexier;

Its nice that you nailed this topic since many builders/players do not touch this subject. Or intentionally avoid it.

Edited by adyy - 02/13/2022 at 1:26pm
Sponsored Links

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2022 at 12:49am
Originally posted by ddoocc ddoocc wrote:

Very informative, Thank you! 
Did Stiga develop new glue or gluing process for their carbonado serials? 
I love carbonado serials, the feeling of them does not vary from pure wood blades, so I am just curious about it.

Yes.
I will share more information about Stiga's carbon blades later.
Brand Manager of NEXY
ddoocc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddoocc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2022 at 1:32am
Very informative, Thank you! 
Did Stiga develop new glue or gluing process for their carbonado serials? 
I love carbonado serials, the feeling of them does not vary from pure wood blades, so I am just curious about it.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2022 at 12:21am
Second article 

-------------------

Stiga and Butterfly are two major brands in blade development history.
I think the main factor to distinguish two makers was "gluing" process and material.

Stiga has long years of blade manufacture, and they had been using water based glue for all years.
They simply did not try to use Epoxy, as they have been successful with the old type glue.
But this glue became an obstacle, when Butterfly released carbon layered blades.

Carbon layer is not easy to glued well with the traditional wooden glue, and Buttefly took Epoxy, and many others followed.
Epoxy is stronger material and could guarantee the durability of the glued layers, but feeling of the blade became harder and more dull.
Stiga did not want to move to Epoxy glue, and they continued with their gluing process.

This resulted in less durability of the blade.
Traditionally, Stiga used Limba for many blades, and Limba was not strong surface wood, which aggravated this durability problem when ITTF prohibited "speed gluing", as water based glue left damage on Stiga blades, when players took off their rubbers.

And Stiga had to find a solution for this problem, and they started to use hard wood for their blades' surfaces, and we could beet Ebenholz, and rosewood blades.
Afterwards, they also took "diamond touch" which means that they brush the surface very well, and surface wood could be smoothly finished, which allowed rubbers' easy taking off.

However, Butterfly continued with composite layers, and they were lucky to use many new composite layers, as Japanese military business supported them with top notch new composite layers.
But this also became a reason why Butterfly stopped to study better and new composition with many new different wood structure.
As for me, Butterfly seemed to copying its own blades with new color handles and different players' names, not changing the structure of the blade much.

This is an example how blade makers can be different with their gluing materials and gluing process.
Each brand has different materials and methods. 

When we glue composite layer with wooden layers, we can use Epoxy, but it will lose natural wooden feelings. So, we have other options. 
For an example, we can try to minimize the quantity of the glue. Or we can try to use dense glue but thin. 
Or we can use glued paper in-between. 
Paper also cause some loss of feelings, but different feeling from Epoxy's somewhat plastic-like feelings.

And after gluing, we also need to press the glued layers, until they are well connected and dried.
This process also affect on the final character of the blade. 
Some brands use more pressure, to make the final thickness thinner, but some brands don't press much, not to change the character by too much pressure.

This is it.
I wrote this article in order to change people's simple guess attitude about blade's character, only with the structure information.
When I release a new blade, people ask what wood layer I used.
But I think we can not know it well, when we don't know how they are glued and how much they were pressed.
What glue, and what pressure worked on the final blade are important factor to decide the blades' character, but very few people think about those things.

However, with this care about "glue" / "gluing process", Nexy produced many blades different from what people may think.
5 ply, but faster than 7 ply. 7 ply, but softer than 5 ply.
Carbon layers blades, but very much wooden feeling.
ALC, but not dull.

Thank you for reading my article. 
I will try to write more often.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 6:40am
Why did Stiga use “Tube”, not carbon layer?
The blade is not carbon layered blade as what other brands traditionally producing. 
Stiga could not. 
They just adopted names 
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 6:38am
 Supercarbon
Graphite wood
Carbo 7.6
Sense 7.6

They are not actual carbon blades. 
Carbon layer in other brands means : webbed carbon fibers / chemical glue / heating + pressure => becomes flexible layer as hard plastic panel. 

Stiga did not use strong glue for these layers, and they just pretended. I will save my words here, as a Stiga agency. But they are just names, not real carbon blades. 
Brand Manager of NEXY
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2022 at 2:31am
I played the tube aluminum for years, it was an awesome OFF+ blade; not a composite blade per se but something in between?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 8:40pm

What is the most important thing to distinguish the blade functional features among many brands?

Today, I am going to deal with a very important, but not known much information.
Many people know that Butterfly and STIGA are producing very different blades.
But most people might not know what makes them different.

Nexy is not related in this topic, but I want to deepen the understanding about Nexy, with this issue.
People need to know how Nexy can be different, and they will come to understand that Nexy is very much caring on this unknown factor, when they know about this matter, I assume.

STIGA is uniquely different from other brands, specially when compared with Butterfly.
I am not mentioning about the "finishing" of the blade.
Japan is well know as they care about details, specially about finishing process.
No rough surface, and all edges are clearly cut and brushed.
On the contrary, Stiga seems to take less care about finishing of their blades.

However, for top class players in China, STIGA has been always well accepted, and know as very good combination with Chinese sticky rubbers.
Then what makes this difference?

On the contrary, Butterfly has been distinguished with their composite layered blades, while STIGA could not produce strong feeling carbon blades for decades.
Of course, STIGA is now changed. They released INSPIRA, with a hard carbon layer, and also Cybershape is adopting light weight German carbon layer as well.
But traditionally, STIGA did not produce composite layered blades for a long years, while Butterfly continued with Carbon layered and ALC layered blades.

STIGA has very long years of history, and seems to have been using same kind glue and gluing process for all years.
Please, forgive that I can not tell all detailed here.
But they have been using water based glue.
With water based glue, the feeling of blades are very natural, and those blades have good vibration.

Maybe some of you might think the power of a blade is related with physical terms of "strength".
We know that "hardness" can not be related with the power of a blade.
But "strength" is also not good terms for this case.

For an example, if we produce a blade with metal plate, with similar weight but very stiff, will this blade can generate speedier ball?
In order to understand this factor, please, compare many blades in the market with thicker thickness and thinner thickness. You will know thicker blades does not guarantee more power for the ball.

What I mean is that we don't know why carbon layer makes the blade stronger.
To make it short, let me give you the answer here.
Maybe we can discuss more later on for another separate topic.
But one of my answer is "vibration".

When a ball impacts, the blade bends and recover the shape back, trembling or vibrating. 
And this vibration affects on the final power of the returning ball.
Carbon layer is flexible, and with chemicals used, becomes a very flexible, and well vibrating layer.
This vibration is not what we can easily feel with our hand, but more subtle and physical concept.

So, composite layers, such as carbon layers and ALC, help blades to become more powerful.
If Stiga is not dull brand, they should have known it all years.
But why they did not produce carbon layered blades, until they recently release Carbonado series?

-----

I will continue to write tomorrow on this matter. 
Thank you.

Stiga developed

Supercarbon
Graphite wood
Carbo 7.6
Sense 7.6

Carbonado is not the only carbon fiber Stiga Blade.
ddoocc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddoocc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 8:55am
Thank you for the answer!
Felmota View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felmota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2021 at 8:50am
I am very pleased with the return of the publications! Your passion for doing something different and to share with us in this forum ins remarkable, I am sure we all rather get more posts with and few errors than few posts with perfect grammar.

I have an Akrasia and itś wonderful, and so is Etika51 do not know other players in Brazil with nexy, but I am doing my best to share the good experience around here.

Have an Ace on the way.

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2021 at 9:50am
Thanks for the question. 

Epoxy is the general glue for most brands, specifically after adopting carbon layer into blades’ structure. 
For Stiga, I can not specify what glue they use, but their way is different from most other brands. 
So, the feeling and sound are unique, but blades are not strongly glued. 
But I don’t think they had special philosophy or something, but just has been doing that way almost 80 years. 
Brand Manager of NEXY
ddoocc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddoocc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2021 at 1:14am
You said stiga used to use water based glue, does it mean PVA glue? And butterfly tend to use epoxy?
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2021 at 1:02am
I will continue to write.

Edited by Nexy - 01/03/2022 at 11:46pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2021 at 1:01am
What is the most important thing to distinguish the blade functional features among many brands?

Today, I am going to deal with a very important, but not known much information.
Many people know that Butterfly and STIGA are producing very different blades.
But most people might not know what makes them different.

Nexy is not related in this topic, but I want to deepen the understanding about Nexy, with this issue.
People need to know how Nexy can be different, and they will come to understand that Nexy is very much caring on this unknown factor, when they know about this matter, I assume.

STIGA is uniquely different from other brands, specially when compared with Butterfly.
I am not mentioning about the "finishing" of the blade.
Japan is well know as they care about details, specially about finishing process.
No rough surface, and all edges are clearly cut and brushed.
On the contrary, Stiga seems to take less care about finishing of their blades.

However, for top class players in China, STIGA has been always well accepted, and know as very good combination with Chinese sticky rubbers.
Then what makes this difference?

On the contrary, Butterfly has been distinguished with their composite layered blades, while STIGA could not produce strong feeling carbon blades for decades.
Of course, STIGA is now changed. They released INSPIRA, with a hard carbon layer, and also Cybershape is adopting light weight German carbon layer as well.
But traditionally, STIGA did not produce composite layered blades for a long years, while Butterfly continued with Carbon layered and ALC layered blades.

STIGA has very long years of history, and seems to have been using same kind glue and gluing process for all years.
Please, forgive that I can not tell all detailed here.
But they have been using water based glue.
With water based glue, the feeling of blades are very natural, and those blades have good vibration.

Maybe some of you might think the power of a blade is related with physical terms of "strength".
We know that "hardness" can not be related with the power of a blade.
But "strength" is also not good terms for this case.

For an example, if we produce a blade with metal plate, with similar weight but very stiff, will this blade can generate speedier ball?
In order to understand this factor, please, compare many blades in the market with thicker thickness and thinner thickness. You will know thicker blades does not guarantee more power for the ball.

What I mean is that we don't know why carbon layer makes the blade stronger.
To make it short, let me give you the answer here.
Maybe we can discuss more later on for another separate topic.
But one of my answer is "vibration".

When a ball impacts, the blade bends and recover the shape back, trembling or vibrating. 
And this vibration affects on the final power of the returning ball.
Carbon layer is flexible, and with chemicals used, becomes a very flexible, and well vibrating layer.
This vibration is not what we can easily feel with our hand, but more subtle and physical concept.

So, composite layers, such as carbon layers and ALC, help blades to become more powerful.
If Stiga is not dull brand, they should have known it all years.
But why they did not produce carbon layered blades, until they recently release Carbonado series?

-----

I will continue to write tomorrow on this matter. 
Thank you.

Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2021 at 11:52am
Looks and sounds lovely!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2021 at 4:49am
Nexy is back, yay! 

Thank you for this very informative post. One can only wish every TT blade manufacturer provided a table of blade ratings (or blade "performance indices" using TTGearlab's terminology) like the one above in addition or even instead of the usual marketing blurb. 
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2021 at 11:12pm
Hello, Nexy fans.

It's been quite some time since I wrote my articles here.
I have been always worried about my English ability, and I tried to post only when I have articles grammatically checked, but that eventually made me hesitate more to write with free mind.
Thus, I became more and more separated from this place, but I think that was wrong idea.
It's better to stay more here and write more things and share more ideas.

Therefore, from this time on, most of my articles will carry lots of grammatical errors, and you might find many sentences inappropriate and clumsy.
But I will try to come here more often and write more ideas.
So, I will fuel more energy here, in order to compensate for the awkward English expressions.
Please, understand this. 

Today's topic is about Nexy's 5th. generation and 6th. generation.
It's been already quite some time since I stopped 5th. generation blades, and now I am continuing with 6th. generation blades, but I found that I did not write anything about 5th. generation much here.
So, I need to go back to the 5th. generation blades, and also need to connect to the idea why I started 6th. generation.

-----------------------

In order to clear the general concept of 6 differenct generations of nexy blade history, I can put them in 6 sentences as the below.

1st : Something new and different

2nd : Dual speed effect

3rd : Adjust the dual speed into one point, a little deeper impact feeling

4th : Tried to find various surfaces, to enhance the spin, still keeping 3rd generation's deeper impact

5th : Mix all generation features to create some other thing

6th : Try to make better, even not much different, in order to satisfy the sponsored players

------------------------

5th. Generation 

After releasing several blades, I found out that 4th. generation lost a new direction to move forward, after finishing all major points I had in 4th. generation.
4th. generation was a kind time to focus more on the spin generation ability of a blade, and I tried to find a new surface wood material, and experimented several new surface wood never tried before.

And I adopted several meaningful concept for that aspect, such as "panel", "point" and "line", in order to categorize the character of the power of a blade to drag the ball on the impact moment.
But I admit that those 3 factors might looked as too much focusing on ambiguous explanation for a blade's character, which can not be clearly distinguished from other brand blades' feelings. 

So, that was the moment Nexy moved to the 5th. generation.
After finishing all things for those over 10 years' experiments, I started to utilize all the aspects I tested for those 4 generations, and 4 generations accumulated data were used to create a sort of mixed structures of a new generations blades.

Therefore, for the design of 5th. generation blades, I used many different blades I designed during the past 4 generations, and you can find the result in 5th. generation blades.

You can find the article I wrote for the introduction of 5th. generation blades in the below.

----------------------

Nexy finished its 4th generation blades by releasing RUBICON.

During past 10 years, NEXY made many blades, covering most needs for blades.

And after lauunching Rubicon, I found out that Nexy succeeded in filling up all spaces for the blades' needs from players.

In order to show how Nexy worked, here I show the data table for well known Nexy blades.

And you can check what Nexy have done. 

Tak9Magazine RatingElasticityAd.ElasticityHardnessRel.Hardness
Fiber blades (Super High Elasticity type)
Nexy Akrasia127-9%112-3%
Nexy Hannibal114-8%1060%
Nexy OZ1080%105-9%
Fiber blades (Regular type)
Nexy Oscar97-7%95+9%
Nexy Chedech97-8%93+7%
Nexy Kanaph94-5%92+12%
Nexy Spartacus86-11%84+14%
Nexy Amazon86-10%83+19%
Fiber blades (Variable Elasticity type)
Nexy Qabod97+19%101-20%
Nexy Calix II92+26%100-19%
Nexy Arirang89+24%98-15%
Nexy Calix82+36%91-24%
7-ply wood blades
Nexy Olam90-13%86+14%
Nexy Rubicon89+10%940%
Nexy Z blade89+8%930%
Nexy Higgs87-16%82+14%
Nexy Lissom79-3%78+10%
5-ply wood blades
Nexy Spear99-15%91+12%
Nexy Zealot98-20%89+11%
Nexy Dexter96-18%91+22%
Nexy Color90-3%90+4%
Nexy PeterPan83+7%88+10%

In order to understand the data table, here is the information how to study this table.

Meaning of each rating

1. Elasticity

> Basic elasticity or speed of blade. Higher value means higher speed/elasticity.

> 90 is middle value. Elasticity rating of most of blades is in the range of 80~100.

Over 100 means super high elasticity. Under 100 means noticeably repressed elasticity.

> You may think that 80~85 = ALL+, 85~90 = OFF-, 90~95 = OFF and 95~100 = OFF. But, be careful that this correspondance is not exact.

2. Additioinal Elasticity

> This means the response of blade when player makes very hard impact.

> If this rating is close to 0%, the response of blade is regarded as linear. There isn't variation of elasticity.

If this rating is 'plus' (= bigger than 0%), the bounce of ball becomes bigger than that expected from impact input.

If this rating is 'minus' (= smaller than 0%), the bounce of ball becomes smaller than that expected from impact input.

> The blades with 'plus' rating is good for performing various technic. Or, it is also good for very hard smash thanks to its additional rebound.

The blades with 'minus' rating is good for continuous topspin or very aggressive topspin at close-to-table area thanks to its feeling of holding ball.

> Additonal rebound or good holding is noticeable in case this value is over +10% or under -10%.

3. Hardness

> Basic feeling of blade. Higher value means harder feeling, and lower value means softer feeling.

> 90 is middle value. 90 means that blade isn't especially hard or soft. Hardness of most of blades is in the range of 80~100.

> For example, about 80~ is the value of many 5-ply wood blade.

4. Relative Hardness

> Relative feeling at blade wing when compared to the basic feeling (= hardness).

> If this rating is close to 0%, the feeling of blade is even. Player may feel that the feeling at wing is similar to basic overall feeling.

If this rating is 'plus' (= bigger than 0%), the feeling at blade wing is relatively harder (or stronger) than the basic feeling.

If this rating is 'minus' (= smaller than 0%), the feeling at blade wing is relatively softer (or weaker) than the basic feeling.

When you check this Nexy blade data table, you will see that Nexy worked hard to fill up all kinds of needs for the blade development.

And after finishing Rubicon, I was kinda lost where to move forward.

Then I was attracted to follow what other brands did.

Here are several examples what other brands did.

(1) Release new blade with new design printing and new handle, but with the same composition

Many brands are releasing new blades without any big change on the performance of the blade.

They can easily make new sales without studying hard, on the proven data.

And they just get new names for the blade, and change a little on the shape and blade handle material.

But that is the last thing the Nexy can do.

(2) Test the blade with a well know player, and change a little, and name it after the player

It's also very common way to make a new blade on the proven data.

They just give the well know blade to a professional contract player, and change a little, and name the blade after the player.

Nexy does not have a good player to test and Nexy does not want to do it either.

Nexy has to always have a clear answer to the new product, and does not want to ask for help from the player.

Brand manager has to be a leader, not a follower.

(3) Release trendy blades

The third way is to check the market, and make a copy blade, in order to keepup with the current market needs.

In table tennis blade, we don't have much consciousness about copying other brand products.

Rather, it's commonly accepted that all brands release very similar products per new seaon.

But I don't agree with this idea, and I don't want to study the market and to become a late follower.

To be frank, I have to say that these three clauses are the most popular ways to run new blades' development.

But Nexy has to be different.

Nexy has to be new for all new products.

So, I decidced to stop 4th generation, and start 5th. generation with a new method.

Ok, then, what else I can take for the new 5th. generation?

1. I made up my mind not to study the market trend and to copy.

I don't want to study the composition of other brands' blades.

I can test some, but testing should not be too much deep to interfere with my nexy desgin process.

Rather I will keep on testing the previous nexy blades I designed.

2. I will continue to apply new table tennis situation with poly ball.

Poly balls are bigger and slower, and Nexy has to upgrade it's standard power criteria to little more enhanced one.

Thus, 4th generation will give continuous ideas for 5th. generation.

But 4th generation will start to mix up with other generations.

3. I am really proud of the past 10 years' products, and it's very sure that many past generation blades are still selling well in the market.

I would not try to upgrade them, because when I say I upgrade, then people will think I deserted the original ones.

But I would try to show another line up to locate in the sides of the original ones.

So, nexy's 5th gneration will release new products, and you will find them right beside the past generation blades.

And you can choose between them what you like more.

I am saying it again that past generation blades are still very meaningful for the current tt environment.

But I just want to diversify more with the coming next generation.

With this new idea, I released two more new blades.

One is Cakra and the other one is Arche.

I will continuue to write more about those two blades in my next articles.

Thank you for reading.

---------------------------------

Now I write more about how I started Nexy's 6th. generation.

As I wrote in the first part of this article, I started nexy with the first generation blades, with the aim to show blades different from other brands, even not better, but they have to be different.
So, for Nexy, this slogan stayed for a long time as very important issue, until I started 6th. generation.

Being Different.

Nexy tried to make something different, and even though I knew some very good structure for a blade, if this structure is similar to other brand's blade, then I did not try to produce it.

But that could not continue when I started to sponsor many top class players, as they requested to produce something similar to what they were playing with.

Nexy started to sponsor Yang Haeun, Joo Sae Hyuk, Yoo Nam Kyu and Samsung team from 2019, and this triggered 6th. generation. I had to design something not very different from other brands' blades, but better.

So, for Nexy's 6th. generation, slogan has to change.

Being Better.

So, "Being Different" gave its room to a new slogan "Being Better" and that gave birth to new blades, such as the shake hand blades named as "Yoo Nam Kyu ALC" and "Pro ALC", and I designed several more blades knowing that basic structs might be similar to other brand blades, such as Batos and Cougar.

Cougar is released as "valuewin" brand name. I think this new brand name will help you understand Nexy's 6th. generation better.

While I continue to design "something better, not different", I thought I should differentiate Nexy from another sub brand "valuewin", which can compete with other brand with quality and price.

Nexy did not compete with other brands, rather focused on its own path, not trying to look around what other brands are doing. But I have to produce something can be competitive against other brands. So, I started another brand name as "Valuewin" after releasing several 6th. generation blades.

Therefore, Nexy is now running two brands; "Nexy"  which still focus a little more on "being different", and "Vauewin" which focus more on "being better". 

And now, I don't worry about other brands' blades. Actaully, it's very difficult to design a blade which can be unique and different in the same time, while top class players like to play with, as there are so many blades in the market adopting same structures from each others.

However, Nexy will not try to copy, but will focus more on the functional features, and will not release any blade which are not better than other brand. 

Nexy has to be different in function, even the structure can be a little similar.

I am not sure this kind of writings can satisfy you, but I will care more about the content, not on the grammar.

Please, understand this.

Thank you for reading my article.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2021 at 9:47pm
Hello, Nexy fans, 

Here I post a video file of Joo Sae Hyuk's blade introduction.

Edited by Nexy - 12/27/2021 at 9:48pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2021 at 9:44pm
Hello, Nexy fans, 

Here is a new video link of Nexy's blade, Yoo Nam Kyu J-pen.

Edited by Nexy - 12/27/2021 at 9:46pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Baltalon2005 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baltalon2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2021 at 3:15pm
Have anyone tried out the Eucrasia yet? How is it? Couldn’t find any English reviews online.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2021 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

MK96,

Here is the Eucrasia blade from their international website.

Eucrasia - Nexy Table Tennis Store (nexyttstore.com)
Thanks
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2021 at 12:46pm
Is Peterpan discontinued?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2021 at 12:06pm
Eucrasia is another blade I need to try . . . I'm guessing it's super fast, but with great feel. If so, count me in!!

Edited by tommyzai - 02/20/2021 at 12:07pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2021 at 4:55am
MK96,

Here is the Eucrasia blade from their international website.

Eucrasia - Nexy Table Tennis Store (nexyttstore.com)
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2021 at 12:02am

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Looks and sounds like an excellent offensive weapon!

I can confirm it's just great for close-to-the-table play. It made me decommission my faithful Lissom!

how would you design a blade for short pips attack?, I Guess it would be something like a clipper +

I had nostalgic 7 and lacked power

I don't have an answer, just want to recap what was said before.

My citation is from Jan 2018 and refers to Nexy Arche.

In Feb 2019 we wrote:
> Looks like clipper structure I wonder if it plays the same.is there cp version?

> To put this again into context, he was referring to Nexy Arche.
> Yes, Arche comes in CP, as well.
> Clipper is a 7-ply blade with Limba outer and the rest all Ayous. No thermally treated (burned) layers.
> There's no Limba in Arche and it has a burned core. Nexy hasn't revealed the composition, but members on the forum guessed it might be Lati-Ayous-Spruce-Kiri-Spruce-Ayous-White Ash.
What makes you think it's similar to Clipper?

well I was only looking for a nexy blade suitable for short pips play

I'd propose that you should try with Eucrasia.
Very powerful, but also have short pimple effect on it.

there s no eucrasia blade.
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2021 at 8:07pm
Hi Nexy, 

Where can we view your products in Malaysia; including your 1 ply blades ?
  Do you have them in 11mm thickness ?
  Thanks.
Iloveplayingtabletennis
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2021 at 11:56am
Excellent blade constructions series. I learned a lot and look forward to more episodes. Thanks for taking the time to create these videos. I always felt like blade designers and manufactures have been keeping these things a secret. It's wonderful to have insight into the inner workings of blade development!! Thank you!!!
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2021 at 10:33am

Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Looks and sounds like an excellent offensive weapon!

I can confirm it's just great for close-to-the-table play. It made me decommission my faithful Lissom!

how would you design a blade for short pips attack?, I Guess it would be something like a clipper +

I had nostalgic 7 and lacked power

I don't have an answer, just want to recap what was said before.

My citation is from Jan 2018 and refers to Nexy Arche.

In Feb 2019 we wrote:
> Looks like clipper structure I wonder if it plays the same.is there cp version?

> To put this again into context, he was referring to Nexy Arche.
> Yes, Arche comes in CP, as well.
> Clipper is a 7-ply blade with Limba outer and the rest all Ayous. No thermally treated (burned) layers.
> There's no Limba in Arche and it has a burned core. Nexy hasn't revealed the composition, but members on the forum guessed it might be Lati-Ayous-Spruce-Kiri-Spruce-Ayous-White Ash.
What makes you think it's similar to Clipper?

well I was only looking for a nexy blade suitable for short pips play

I'd propose that you should try with Eucrasia.
Very powerful, but also have short pimple effect on it.

ok thanks.
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2021 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Hello, 

I started a youtube channel.
Here is the link of the fist video.

If you want to read the script, please, check the below linked page.

Hello,

I watched your videos and they are very informative. When assembling the blade in case of using several separate pieces of plies do you construct it differently for right and left handers?
I would say that you have to be biased since a right hander uses different area of the blade surface than a lefty. Do you actually have separate blades made for left handers? (or do you know if other manufacturers do it?)

Soulspin  and OSP made separate blades for left handers
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2021 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

Hello, 

I started a youtube channel.
Here is the link of the fist video.

If you want to read the script, please, check the below linked page.

Hello,

I watched your videos and they are very informative. When assembling the blade in case of using several separate pieces of plies do you construct it differently for right and left handers?
I would say that you have to be biased since a right hander uses different area of the blade surface than a lefty. Do you actually have separate blades made for left handers? (or do you know if other manufacturers do it?)

Thank you for the comment.
However, this is too much idea.

When we use a plywood for the blade, the surface's role is very limited.
You don't have to be bothered at the look.
The function is same all over the surface.
If you really want to make the functional feature different per part on the blade, that is strictly against the ITTF regulation, which is saying that all part should have same structure, thus have same functional character overall. 

Thank you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
  Share Topic