FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 30>
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 3:12pm
Thanks, that's very valuable information.
Data based on real measurements, not just manufacturer's hype!
They cannot describe how a blade feels, but can help in narrowing down the choice.
They can also help someone who plays blade A but is looking for a blade B that is slightly stiffer, or harder, etc.

It would be interesting if you would be willing to describe how you measured the data.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

ssmilk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 12:39am
great information
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 7:04pm
I've copied the data, including data about the new Arche blade, to the first post of the Nexy Clan thread.
The table also include acoustic measurements of the membrane mode frequency, which is a rough indicator of some kind of stiffness (not the one directly responsible for speed, though).
I will keep the table up to date as new data become available.
Join the Nexy Clan!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 2:03am
I am picking up a shipment tomorrow, it also has a couple Arche blades in it... Looks like I will make a demo blade for the rucksack soon.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 6:07am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Thanks, that's very valuable information.
Data based on real measurements, not just manufacturer's hype!
They cannot describe how a blade feels, but can help in narrowing down the choice.
They can also help someone who plays blade A but is looking for a blade B that is slightly stiffer, or harder, etc.

It would be interesting if you would be willing to describe how you measured the data.

Thank you for your interest and quesiton.
However, the testing machine and the method can not be open to the public. The main purpose of those numbers are to help NEXY to make new blades with better data, and we can not accept the numbers as a sure one to judge the blades' cahracter. So, please, understand the limit of this data usage.
However, we are going to settle another testing machine for rubber data soon, and I will continue to share those information here.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 6:08am
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Launching CAKRA!

Nexy is moving forward with its 5th generation blades, and CAKRA is the first to be released.

This new generation will utilize all the data Nexy has accumulated over the past 10-years, making this new collection a blend of good features from previous generations, combined with added consideration for the unique character of the poly ball.

Nexy does not want to copy well-known blades and simply release them with different names. Nexy strives to be new and creative with each release. Therefore, all new 5th generation blades will share some good qualities of past generations, but they will also be different.

CAKRA is a 9-ply wooden blade, designed for the traditional defensive player. It’s a combination blade that adopts a different surface wood for the forehand and backhand side to give better performance for defensive players, who sometimes need a strong attack for their forehand and stable control for their backhand. CAKRA is basically borrowing the composition of AKTIUM, which Nexy made under the Tibhar brand, but with some modifications. CAKRA is a little bit heavier than AKTIUM, taking into consideration that most defensive players use long pimple rubbers with little or no sponge, which are lighter than inverted rubbers. Defensive blades are also slightly larger than attacking blades to enhance the stability of chopping away from the table. As a 5th generation blade, CAKRA is using 3rd generation blade AKTIUM's basic composition along with 4th generation blade RUBICON’s forehand side surface wood.

Let us check more features of CAKRA, one-by-one:

9-ply Structure

The most common structure for table tennis blades is 5-ply. This is extremely reasonable in several ways, but we have good reasons for making CAKRA a 9-ply racket.

(1) Why we don’t prefer one-ply blades?
Natural wood ply usually gets bent as time goes by. To reduce this tendency, we glue several plies together. If we construct a blade with one wooden panel, we must be careful to select a specific type of wood, and we usually need to dry them for a long time. However, in the natural environment, wood becomes bent over time because it is affected by humidity. It absorbs the moisture in the wet season (Summer), and releases it during the dry season (Winter). The texture can be affected by this process; therefore, we usually use several plies for constructing blades.

There is another consideration. In most cases, a thin one-ply blade is not strong enough to provide good power on the ball. When we use many plies together for blade structure, glue is used, and this glue layer enhances the power of the blade. So, we prefer to bond several plies together to create a thin, powerful blade.

(2) Why are 5-plies considered the standard composition for blades?
To prevent the blade from bending over time, we usually use several layers woven in different directions. Placing the center layer in the vertical direction helps deliver the impact of the wood directly to the hand. The surface wood will also look nicer if it is located vertically, because the blade is usually long from the handle to the end of the head. Therefore, 3-ply blades are not generally good for blade composition because the center wood needs to be located in the horizontal position. Thus, 5-ply blades are standard.

The main role for each ply is as follows:

a. Center-ply: Controls the blade weight, and decides the speed and power.
b. Surface wood layer: Affects the spin generation and the general feeling on the impacting moment.
c. Second ply beneath the surface wood layer: Helps the center wood function. If we use hard wood, the ball jumps off the blade and goes faster. If we use a soft layer, it helps absorb the impact of the ball and embraces the ball longer to generate additional spin.

(3) Exceptions: One-ply Hinoki J-pen blade / 7-ply, 9-ply, and 3-ply blades
In Asian countries, especially in Korea and Japan, many players use a one-ply Hinoki J-pen. The blade must be thick, and the material requires a long drying time to minimize the bending rate. With Hinoki, this is possible because the wood is light and moisture resistant.

There are many 7-ply blades. Their structure is usually like 5-ply blades, only we use the second and the third ply like the second ply of a 5-ply blade. In some cases, we cross the second ply and the third ply in different directions, one as vertical and the other as horizontal. In other cases, we use both plies in one direction together, normally horizontal. However, the basic role for each ply is similar to that of 5-ply models.

For 9-ply blades, the surface wood is mainly related to the spin and feeling, and the other plies can be divided. In some cases, we use the second ply to support the function of the surface wood, and we use the third and fourth plies to support the center wood layer. In other cases, we use the second and third plies to support the surface wood, and the third ply to support the center wood. For all occasions, each design has its own purpose. However, I don't think we need to make 11 or 13-ply blades. If we use too many plies, it would just add more glue, which adds weight and decreases spin and control.

(4) CAKRA is a 9-ply blade
For CAKRA, I adopted a 5-ply blades’ basic role for each ply. The surface wood is mainly responsible for spin generation and feeling. The center layer is related to the balance of weight and power and helps deliver the impact of the ball to the hand. Between these layers, I use the second ply to support the function of the top ply, while the third and forth layers support the center layer.

Forehand Side

CAKRA's forehand side uses the same wood as RUBICON. So, we can assume that CAKRA is related to the 4th generation on its forehand side. RUBICON’s surface wood has a good functional feature for looping the ball with a high arc. It's arc is generally higher than other surface materials, and it allows easy access to the low angle looping away from the table. This feature helps players make powerful loop drives and chops from a distance. This surface wood also has a good embracing ability, which allows players to make stable long-range shots with ease. Moreover, the big head size provides excellent control for the ball placement. You can aim at any corner and place your shot there with less difficulty.

Backhand Side

CAKRA's backhand side uses the same surface material as AKTIUM. It has superior control and absorbs the ball deeply. This surface wood is white ash, a little slow and dull for fast play. However, Nexy discovered a good way to use it. When we cut the white ash layer thin, it becomes more spinnier and provides pinpoint control for ball placement. So, the basic role for this backhand side material is to help players to exert spinny backhand chops away from the table and make attacking shots close to the net, allowing a deep impact and exact control.

CAKRA & AKTIUM

AKTIUM was released under the Tibhar brand name, but designed by Nexy. When I made AKTIUM, I gave the two sides different features. For the forehand side, I tried to provide a long, powerful flight trajectory. For the backhand side, I tried to provide more stability and accuracy, as well as good spin for easy, powerful chopping from all locations. So, when I adopted AKTIUM's general character for CAKRA, I used the good features from the 3rd generation. However, AKTIUM was a little lighter than the ideal weight for a defensive blade, so I made CAKRA a little heavier. I also tried to raise the arc to enhance looping and chopping for the forehand side. So, you can expect similar functions from both blades, but CAKRA will be a little heavier and will be make a higher arc than AKTIUM. I cannot say which one is better, because some players will prefer a lower, more aggressive ball movement, and other players will prefer a lighter weight blade. You can decide which you prefer.

The Meaning of CAKRA

CAKRA means "wheel." In ancient India, Greece, or Rome, one nation could win a war against an enemy who did not have wheels, So, CAKRA gave victory to the people who could design and use them to make an effective weapon, the chariot! It is my hope that CAKRA blade can give victories to players who realize the power of CAKRA.

With CAKRA, the defensive player can make a big, sweeping circle when generating under-spin away from the table. This blade illustrates the movement of the choppers. Therefore, I think this blade's name gives good spirit for defensive players. Moreover, when we see the wheel, it appears stationary, attached to the axle of the wheel, but when we look more carefully we notice the wheel is steadily progressing.

CAKRA promises to help you progress forward with your defensive play.

Thank you for reading this article.

Edited by Nexy - 11/01/2017 at 6:14am
Brand Manager of NEXY
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 6:15am

Edited by nexy1 - 11/01/2017 at 6:17am
Nexy designer's sub ID for image uploading
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 11:06am
In case you want to publish the measurements (stiffness, hardness, etc.) for Cakra, as well, please post them here (or to me as PM) and I will add them to the table in the first post of the Nexy Clan thread (see my signature). Thanks.
Join the Nexy Clan!
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 9:33am
What a great way to help understand the product line! I was wondering, would it be possible for you to provide elasticity, ad. elasticity, (etc) values using your scale for reference blades like the Stiga Allround Classic and maybe the TBS? It would make it that much easier for people to understand how your scale works (compared, say, to ttgearlab’s scale) and to find out what nexy blade they want..

Keep up the amazing work!
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 9:56am
I wonder how may sales are lost by the stupendously inept and unusable Nexy websites. What's wrong with table tennis companies?? It's like they have no idea how to market and sell products.

Edited by richrf - 11/15/2017 at 9:57am
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 10:37am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

I wonder how may sales are lost by the stupendously inept and unusable Nexy websites. What's wrong with table tennis companies?? It's like they have no idea how to market and sell products.

Did you have a bad day or was your account hacked?
Join the Nexy Clan!
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 10:41am

Did you have a bad day or was your account hacked?

Well I was looking for blade information and the Nexyusa sure sent me into women's dresses. The Nexy main site sent me into oblivion. I thought I would provide some helpful feedback.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 11:30am
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

What a great way to help understand the product line! I was wondering, would it be possible for you to provide elasticity, ad. elasticity, (etc) values using your scale for reference blades like the Stiga Allround Classic and maybe the TBS? It would make it that much easier for people to understand how your scale works (compared, say, to ttgearlab’s scale) and to find out what nexy blade they want..

Keep up the amazing work!

Some time ago, user igsstern had a website where he posted table tennis blade measurements (2 speed and 3 feel indices). He had measured quite a number of blades for Nexy. When Apple closed the web.me service and his website went offline, I asked him and got permission to post the values he had measured and that I had saved, see this table.

Now, if you relate the measurements that Nexy posted in this thread (2 speed and 2 feel indices) with the Nexy blades measured by igsstern, you'll find out that there is a linear relationship between at least Nexy's Elasticity and Hardness parameters and igsstern's Bending Stiffness (BS) and Overall Feel (OF), respectively. The other parameters do not appear to be linearly related, though.

Recently, ttgearlab is publishing measurements of blades (2 speed and 2 feel indices), and if you look at the data, there is a relationship between some parameters of the non-Nexy blades that ttgearlab measured (Ep, Vp) and the same non-Nexy blades that igsstern measured (BS, OF).

I am planning to write a longer article about objective measurements and how they can effectively assist in blade selection.

Note: all the above is based on "reverse engineering" of the data made publicly available by Nexy, igsstern and ttgearlab. There is no insider knowledge. There is indeed a "missing link" between ttgearlab's data and Nexy's data that cannot be completely derived by also taking into account igsstern's data (at least, not by simple linear interpolation) and could be solved by Nexy disclosing his values for at least a few reference blades.

PS. These Nexy's, ttgearlab's and igsstern's "speed" measurements do significantly (P<.001) correlate with the membrane mode frequency, which is to say that higher frequency corresponds to higher speed. However, there is no 1:1 match and there is quite some variability.

Edited by arg0 - 11/16/2017 at 1:52am
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 11:37am

Well I was looking for blade information and the Nexyusa sure sent me into women's dresses. The Nexy main site sent me into oblivion. I thought I would provide some helpful feedback.

Well, the tone wasn't very constructive...
http://nexy.com/tabletennis
http://nexyttstore.com/
https://nexyusa.com/
http://www.tak9.com/

It's true that the first site appears to be temporarily offline. The others seem to work for me.

PS: Woman's dresses? Isn't that Next USA? that's the search engine's fault, they include results for "next", thinking that "nexy" is a misspelling.
Join the Nexy Clan!
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 11:42am

Well, the tone wasn't very constructive...
http://nexy.com/tabletennis
http://nexyttstore.com/
https://nexyusa.com/
http://www.tak9.com/

It's true that the first site appears to be temporarily offline. The others seem to work for me.

PS: Woman's dresses? Isn't that Next USA? that's the search engine's fault, they include results for "next", thinking that "nexy" is a misspelling.

I was just following links ... into oblivion. Nexy may not have the worst site I've checked out .. maybe it is? I was basically looking for blade composition and instead a got the latest in women's fashionware.

Doesn't matter. As anyone in the website development world knows, the site is a direct reflection of a company. QA anyone?

Edited by richrf - 11/15/2017 at 11:48am
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 12:55pm
Thanks so much arg0!
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 1:42am

Arche Blade Introduction

Nexy is proud to release our second 5th Generation Blade, ARCHE.

The meaning of the name comes from the question, “How did the world begin?” We fathom what is the outside our universe and wonder about the origin of the cosmos.

“Arche” is a Greek word that means 'beginning' or 'origin'. Nexy uses the name Arche because it shows the basic concept of the new 5th. generation.

Nexy began in 2007, and celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2017.

For the past decade, Nexy has designed and developed many new blades — experimenting boldly to deliver every imaginable type of blade to suit players’ needs.

I began each new generation when I could not find anything else to add to the current blade design concept.

At that point, I found something unique to create a new generation.

But this time, I could not think of anything new.

Nexy completed a full round of adventure, and the cycle was complete.

Another generation would have been redundant, and Nexy could not do that!

So, to run another generation, as a blade designer, I checked the paths previously crossed and found the correlation between individual blades and entire generations.

For the 5th Generation, I began interweaving those factors to create an exciting new line.

The first blade of this new collection was CAKRA, which adopted the 3rd Generation blade AKTIUM and retouched the 4th generation blade, RUBICON.

CAKRA shows the general characteristics of the 5th generation.

Nexy only makes blades that will compete and survive for many years, and those blades have enough value to support the development of other blades.

Nexy does not have a seasonal concept. All blades are released when they are complete.

Normally, one blade’s design takes more than one and a half years.

Some blades are in development for three years before being released into the market.

Sometimes I kept a sample for over a year, contemplating what to do with it.

Perhaps there was something attractive about it, but it also lacked in some respect.

Sometimes I made changes to find a better composition or shape; sometimes I set the blade aside.

Blade production is often slow, and all blades have their own character and value.

No blade can be thought of as small or trivial.

Therefore, when I started the 5th Generation, I discovered a huge resourceful mine to dig through in search of something new and exciting.

And now I am introducing Nexy’s second blade of 5th Generation, ARCHE!!

To fully understand ARCHE we need to look back on the former generation’s features.

Nexy’s 2nd Generation adopted a “dual speed” system, which means we can control the speed of the blade at different levels for attacking and defending shots.

Yet, this dual speed system got modulated into a certain depth that led to the birth of 3rd Generation.

This modulated dual speed system is basically applied in ARCHE.

Moreover, ARCHE adopts a different surface wood on both sides, and you can clearly feel the difference.

Therefore, the dual speed system on both sides results in different feedback for different players.

It will be interesting to see the difference of dual speed system on both sides.

Nexy’s 3rd Generation aimed at making blades with a “bang impact,” which means those blades have a good feeling and power for effective smashes and loops.

To equip this bang impact factor, Nexy made a deeper impact feeling that guides players to make short, powerful attacking shots. So, with third generation blades, you can focus on a good impact for attacking.

This feature also applies to ARCHE.

With this blade, you can find yourself focusing on ‘bang impact’ shots.

And this blade will guide you to make a better attacking shot with a smaller but quicker swing movement.

However, due to the different surface woods, players will feel this bang impact differently for each side.

Backhand side seems to absorb and grab the ball on one point until you want to release it.

And you will feel comfortable to make a chiquita with your backhand.

The ball seems to stay longer, and this feeling will make it easier to get chiquita done.

Specifically, ARCHE’s core composition is borrowed from Nexy’s 3rd Generation blade, KIM JUNG HOON, which was released under the Tibhar brand name.

Nexy designed it, and it shares the same character of Nexy’s 3rd Generation blades.

It has deep impact, and is comparatively faster than other all-wood blades.

This core structure helps to enhance the speed and power of ARCHE, but with the different surface wood on forehand side you will feel more power on it.

The forehand side wood is adopted from Nexy’s 4th Generation blade, RUBICON, a 7-ply racket that creates a higher arc for looping.

RUBICON is a powerful attacking blade, and it has an artistic ball movement.

You can make a higher arch with this surface wood layer, and the ball flies farther, too.

So, with ARCHE players will have powerful attacking loops on the forehand side and an easy, comfortable chiquita on the backhand side.

And those two features are the essential technique needed for effective modern close-to-table play.

While I design this blade, my main test rubber was KARIS M for the forehand side, and AIROC ASTRO S on the backhand side.

I can also recommend using KARIS M+ on your forehand side, and KARIS M on your backhand side.

I invite you to meet Nexy’s 5th Generation attacking blade, ARCHE.

Edited by nexy1 - 01/05/2018 at 1:46am
Nexy designer's sub ID for image uploading
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 2:05am
Nice
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 2:36am
I use Karis M on the FH of this blade. It is 5 grams lighter than KJH blade, but I can use it in place of KJH blade. The core looks more burned (maybe why it is lighter) than KJH, but composition and feel very similar, except one side is different outer veneer. Overall, I could use Arche in place of KJH when I run out of usable KJH blades. A blade never lasts more than a year for me daily use. I sweat way too much and neck gets weak. 1.5 yrs is my record. 
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 8:28am
A beautiful blade with a literary annoucement. Can we have an executive summary of average weight, number of plys, head size, hard vs soft feel and float vs stiff?

With a name like arche, wouldn't it be best paired w Stiga's Genesis rubber tho??
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 9:51am
Looks and sounds like an excellent offensive weapon!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Looks and sounds like an excellent offensive weapon!

I can confirm it's just great for close-to-the-table play. It made me decommission my faithful Lissom!
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 5:25pm
Nexy has asked me to run a testing event for Arche. I will announce it in a separate thread in a few days, as soon as I have figured out the details of the selection mechanism: stay tuned.
Join the Nexy Clan!
windysummer1 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2018 at 8:24am
Just curious, how come you don't produce AN grip?
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 1:21am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 3:44am
I just tried two pairs of axis, and I can comment about sizing.

I wear street sneakers EU size 42.5. I normally like having about 1-1.5 cm (0.5 in) of room in front. Since they usually come in integer sizes, this means I usually wear 43, sometimes 42.
I like my TT shoes to be slightly larger and have about 1.5-2 cm (0.5-0.75 in) room in front.
My Asics shoes I wear for TT (Blast) are EU size 43.5 (28.0cm) and have a bit more room, so I'd say I should have picked EU size 43 for optimal fit.
My Nexy Petra shoes (1st gen) are EU 43 (KR 265!) and fit a bit tighter than my Asics shoes.

As to the Axis shoes, EU 42 is slightly smaller than my Petra shoes and about the size of my street shoes, while EU 43 is a bit larger than my Asics shoes.

All this is to say that if in doubt between two sizes, I would advise you to order the smaller size, rather than the larger.

My foot measures, from toe to tip, 272 mm.
Join the Nexy Clan!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Nice

looks like clipper structure I wonder if it plays the same.is there cp version?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 1:58pm
NexyUSA.com will be stocking these new Axis shoes in late April 2018 along with a few other new Nexy products.

Edited by BH-Man - 04/13/2018 at 1:58pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Nice

looks like clipper structure I wonder if it plays the same.is there cp version?

To put this again into context, he was referring to Nexy Arche.
Yes, Arche comes in CP, as well.

Clipper is a 7-ply blade with Limba outer and the rest all Ayous. No thermally treated (burned) layers.
There's no Limba in Arche and it has a burned core. Nexy hasn't revealed the composition, but members on the forum guessed it might be Lati-Ayous-Spruce-Kiri-Spruce-Ayous-White Ash.
What makes you think it's similar to Clipper?

Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 4:14am

Introducing AKKAD

As Nexy’s primary blade designer, I can say that we have been growing alongside Tibhar for the past 10-years.

The first motive for launching the NEXY brand was to fill some spaces Tibhar could not reach.

When I first started a table tennis business, Hinoki surfaced carbon blades fascinated the Korean market, but Tibhar could not provide it.

So, I created the Nexy brand to the fill market needs, and Tibhar has been an anchoring power for my brand.

Nexy can freely venture beyond Tibhar’s territory.

In other words, I have tried to respect Tibhar, and Nexy avoided crossing areas where Tibhar already resided.

Therefore, Nexy has developed uniquely from Tibhar, and I have found a perfect harmony between running the Tibhar business in the Korean market and designing Nexy blades.

However, during the past 10-years, Nexy collaborated with Tibhar on several occasions.

We proudly launched Inca, Aktium, and Kim Jung Hoon blades under the Tibhar brand name, and those blades helped Nexy to share new ideas with Korean players.

Those blades were sort of local products, because Tibhar did not release those models outside the Korean market.

But this year, Tibhar is internationally releasing AKKAD, named after the Earth’s first empire, with the designer’s name, ‘Oscar.’

So, this blade is the first blade to be globally introduced as a collaborative product between Tibhar and Nexy.

I tried to inspire the essence of Tibhar inside AKKAD, and players will feel the touch of Tibhar’s traditional blade line-up in it.

At the same time, I tried to consummate the very best of Nexy’s 5th Generation features into this blade.

It has the unique feeling of Tibhar blades — slightly vibrant on the impacting moment and expelling the ball farther than expected, like Tibhar’s Samsonov Premium Contact.

AKKAD is a well-balanced 7-ply blade with all the power of Tibhar blades.

But this blade also has many unique features that are based on Nexy’s 10-year endeavor.

AKKAD’s surface wood is the same as Rubicon, which features a high arc ball movement, and Arche, which features a powerful forehand and grippy backhand.

The core structure is borrowing from Nexy’s 3rd Generation blade, Kim Jung Hoon, which was quite powerful and spinny considering its thin structure.

Therefore, the general character of AKKAD borrows from Nexy’s 3rd and 4th Generations, and players will enjoy the core benefits from those two generations in this one blade. It is fast and spinny!

However, I have to add one more thing to highlight what Nexy is trying to accomplish in the 5th Generation. A big change in players’ style is underway in the global market.

Players are trying to get closer to the net, and they are making fast rallies in order to dominate the opponent by using a quicker tempo.

And we see the powerful long rallies are giving way to up-close, fast attacks.

Maybe this change is partly due to the ABS ball, and I tried to convert the general focus of Nexy’s blade performance to be more suitable for this new era.

So, AKKAD is extremely adept at quick responses, and easy to control. These qualities enable players to dominate the game with less effort.

AKKAD is scheduled for release in May of 2018, and I sincerely hope you discover that it was well worth the wait.

Thank you for reading this article.

Edited by Nexy - 05/02/2018 at 5:51am
Brand Manager of NEXY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 30>
  Share Topic