Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 30>
Author
szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 2:04am
Violin has a wonderful feel, but for me, Clipper is more precise, what, after al,  made me to decide to play with it for now. TBS has good feel too, but the precise ball placement, especially in terms of directional preciseness, in the defensive or passive shots, is the major issue with TBS for me. It kicks sometimes!
Stiga Clipper Wood CR WRB - Fh: Yasaka Rakza 7 - Bh: Tibhar 5Q

Sponsored Links

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 3:34am
szikorz.... i was responding to bluebucket on ball feel that's why i mentioned violin. 

your point is different..precision. thick blades are more precise ... because the don't flex and dont change the angle while heating. so when you talk precision.. i would rather ask you to try something like schalegr carbon... or yinhe T8, or iolite or or any other 7mm or thicker blade... and let me know how the precision compares ....

leave apart balsa blades... or single ply hinoki...they are different animal.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 4:14am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

most popular blades have kiri core ......like TBS, Strad.

the so called heavenly feel blades ......Violin(kiri core) , acoustic (tung ), viscaria (balsa).... ...don't have ayous in them.

Frankly, in my opinion, feeling depends way more on the blade thickness and core:outer ply ratios .... and to some extent on vague marketing literature... Clap 

...how the wood focuses the ball, then absorbs the ball and then changes its mind, and repels the ball etc....

I really doubt that kiri core is the most popular.  There are probably more Clipper series users than all the Kiri core blade users combined, considering how wildly popular(and affordable) they are in China.  Then you add the DHS Hurricane series, the Yasaka Extra series, the Avalox series, and all the rest of the popular Stiga blades(OC, Ebenholtz, Rosewood, etc.), it's almost a certainty that ayous core is more popular, by FAR.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 4:23am
Almost every cheap $5-$20 Chinese 5 ply has a kiri core, almost every carbon or composite blade has a kiri core to save some weight, the Nittaku blades also use it.  Other than those not much else does. It's a good wood to use when you have other things going on in the blade and the core is no longer so important like with a carbon blade.

When the core counts, like when you are trying to build some kind of exquisite 5 ply, then you better use an Ayous core. I wonder if a major title has ever been won with a non single ply, non carbon blade that wasn't one with an Ayous core? I'd doubt it

Edited by bluebucket - 03/03/2012 at 4:24am
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 1:53pm
bluebucket: i can't associate blades core to title.... unfortunately... wish i could, how many with kiri, or balsa, or ayous or tung tree or whatever. Disapprove

dingybits: i meant to say "most of the popular blades" but said most popular blades" which changed the meaning i guess.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by szikorz szikorz wrote:

The thread on Ayous and its unique characteristics as of an blade´s inner ply reminds me a of the Clipper Wood. The Clipper Wood, out of all my blades, is the one with the best and most precise placement of the ball (remarkable especially in the push, block and counterattack). And, isn´t it, that the Clipper has Limba outer plies and another 5 inner Ayous plies? Indeed! So in this point of view, the thread on Ayous brings another new and extra valuable information on blade´s composition that I can personlly take as an empirically approved fact. Thanks. 

Concerning your testing of your new blades in the design process, Mr. Nexy - isn´t there some information on your method, that you can share with us ? For instance, do you use one type of univrsal rubbers when testing your new blade during the design process or do you have a special sets for particular type of blade, like for 5 ply allwood blades,  for carbon blades,  for 7 ply allwood blades etc?

So sorry for not having come here this long.
It's not because I stopped working, but because some times I just don't have time to come along.
I did not know my last article about Ayous caught this much interests from many people.

I definately think we can not simplify one factor to most blades.
I know Clipper very well.
The interesting thing is not about it's precision, or about it's power.
It's about it's spin power.

Clipper can exert very spinny shot, specially when you are making "bang impact" top spin shot.
I agree with you that it's because of all ayous core structure.
But thanks to that, Clipper is a thick blade, which I don't like much.

Calix is the thinnest blade ever with such a power as to make most people satisfied with it.
I think Calix is a kind of miracle in the blade's history.
Nobody can think of anything similiar to it.

When I design it, frankly speaking, I did most work by my imagination.
But once a sample is done, then it goes to a test period.
I stay with it, as long as I have some more things to come up with.
I play with it, and think about what will be the reason for what character.

And I gather data from people around me, including professional players.
Those data lead to another level I can think of.

So, then I make some more change in detail.
And second blade comes out.

Overall, one blade takes up in most cases more than a year.

Curretnly, I'm working on CALIX II and Qabod, Amazon and Tubalu.
Calix II and Qabod is on Calix's way.
Amazonand Tubalu are something new.
I will share more information later on.

By the way, I have come to the final version of Qabod sample very recently.
Please, have a look at this another amzing blade.
This is a kinda of the most powerful blade, using that Ayous tech.

I hope I can satisfy more people with this speedy version blade.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

yeah.. but try to do that with a thin 5-5.4mm ayous blade... and ayous will not be directional any more. 

on contrary play with schlager carbon ...balsa core ... and you will see balls reaching exactly when your want them.. although some of them would land farther due to the higher speed of the blade. 

" Ayous has a focus. It absorbs and repel on the same spot." ... 

frankly this is a big joke to me. if material science engineering was about mystic language... then save the world!! 

" i picked this alloy to design the boeing 777 because at the same time it floats and also brings the plane down, which helps in landing".... 

repel = elastic deformation ... i.e impact with low energy loss
absorb = in-elastic /plastic deformation ... i.e impact converts part of the kinetic energy into sound, heat and breaking of lattice... or creating lattice defects like 'dislocations'. 

i wish table tennis equipment talks, were about mechanics and material properties and  than fantasy literature ... 

its not developing a perfume... where you can describe  the smell by contradicting flowery terms.... and still nobody can prove you wrong. 

sorry if i sound severely skeptic... but i'm also a material science engineer. 

I totally agree with your points.
But there are several more I need to add.

1. Calix is around 4.9 ~ 5.0mm thick.
   I started with 5.5mm, but landed on that thinnest structure.
   That's why Calix is so different, too.

2. I use Englsih when I explain some about my blades.
   But English is not my mother tongue, and I try much to make an exact explanation.
   Still it's not easy.

3. Table tennis blade design is not simliar to perfume desing.
    As far as I'm concerned, but it's still making me describe many things in the poetic expressions.
    And I'm pretty sure that you would not write this way, once you get Calix.
    If you want to argue with me, it's ok.
    I will reply to your questions, if I think your argues are truly serious.
    But if you are not sure, I think you'd better open a little more imaginative possibility in all these poetic descriptions.
    I don't know what else I can speak of all those things.

4. I don't try to catch people's interests with poetic words.
    What I do is explain what I do.

Thank you. But I'm pretty sure you will find something for sure more from Nexy blades.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 8:08pm
Tubalu

I have come close to the final version of Tubalu.

Please, have a look on it's composition.

It uses one carbon layer, and one more material which dampens the impact of the ball.
So, I think this blade will catch lots of long pimplers' interest.

It's surface is totally different.
One is Ebony wood (on the forehand side) and another one will be Koto, on the back hand side.

A      B

A- something soft, and it will make ball speed less than the usual balls.

B - one carbon layer.

By the way, with these new blades, Amazon and Tubalu, I wanted to let people think more about environment.
I hope people will check more internet informations about dissapearing island Tubalu.

Edited by Nexy - 04/11/2012 at 9:30pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

The only opinion I have after putting lots of blades together made from various woods is that Ayous is the nicest feeling core, Limba is the spinniest second ply and Koto is the best top ply. You don't have to think too hard about what is the best possible complete blade. Ayous as a second ply doesn't feel anywhere near as good as Limba on a second ply imho

This is a good example of too much simplified judgement.

Koto is good, because it has durability and good control, but only when it's used very thin.
If Koto is thick, then it will add too much weight and dull feeling onto the blade in the whole.
But when I compare Koto against Limba, I think Limba has also very good features in many ways, as a suface wood.
Limba embraces the ball deep, and makes good spin.
It gives good feeling, too.

There are also alot more different kinds of good materials for surface.
Rosewood, Ebony, White ash, Japanese Hinoki, American Hinoki, Walnut....and so on.
Each material has it's own character.

It's also the same for all those second plies and core plies.
Simplification is the last word we can apply for blade design.

The actual character and function of each ply and of the whole blade depend on thickness, compostion, materials' quality, weight, whether it is colored or not, whether it is burnt or not........and so many on.

Any way, your simplified idea was interesting.

Edited by Nexy - 04/09/2012 at 9:32pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2012 at 9:40pm

Almost every cheap $5-$20 Chinese 5 ply has a kiri core, almost every carbon or composite blade has a kiri core to save some weight, the Nittaku blades also use it.  Other than those not much else does. It's a good wood to use when you have other things going on in the blade and the core is no longer so important like with a carbon blade.

When the core counts, like when you are trying to build some kind of exquisite 5 ply, then you better use an Ayous core. I wonder if a major title has ever been won with a non single ply, non carbon blade that wasn't one with an Ayous core? I'd doubt it

You have good points.
I want to add some more information.

Kiri is light but still firm.
So, when you want to insert carbon material, Kiri is good, because it diminishes weight.

But Kiri is also good, because it is cheap and easy to work with.
Kiri is wide enough to make a blade without jointing.

Any way, I use Kiri for several blades' core, but I think Kiri is not the answer for all the blades.

Ayous is good material.
But as I wrote, Ayous has a flexible feeling.
When you play with it, it feels that it scatters the power.
So, you need to design it with exquisite composition with other woods.
If you use only Ayous without detailed care, the blade will be very dull.
We can see the result in many blades.

Yes, we can apply this to kiri, too.
It has to be designed to be located in the optimum position, with optimum thickness.
If not, Kiri is very unattractive material only.

I'm surprised to know that there are so many simplified knowledge about blade design.
Some are good, but some are not correct.

Any way, overall, you were correct.

Edited by Nexy - 04/09/2012 at 9:43pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2012 at 1:52am

I'm not an expert, but I suppose Ma Long won some big matches while he was still playing with Acoustic, which has a Tung tree core. He apparently also played with Violin, before Acoustic came out. Violin has a Kiri core.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2012 at 2:49pm
To all forum members: if you own a Nexy blade, consider joining the NBC (Nexy Blades Clan):
www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47778

Edited by arg0 - 04/13/2012 at 2:50pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2012 at 2:07am
I honestly think you're selling kiri a little short here...if built with careful consideration, a kiri-cored blade (w/o synthetic material) can be pretty darn good...
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by ianworz ianworz wrote:

I honestly think you're selling kiri a little short here...if built with careful consideration, a kiri-cored blade (w/o synthetic material) can be pretty darn good...

Thank you for your opinion.

But frankly speaking, I did not say much about the core material.
Ayous was the main topic, but it was not compared with other wood,
and the given role was for the layer below the surface wood.
And I know what is Kiri's strength.
I'm using it for Calix, Calix 2 and Qabod.

By the way, finding a new wood instead of Kiri for most other Nexy's blades was not easy task.
And I think the new core wood is good.
But I can not say it's better than kiri.
Each wood has it's own character and uniqueness.
Brand Manager of NEXY
ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 10:00am
Sorry Nexy, that was directed more towards blue bucket, I know you're more than capable of designing excellent blades.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 12:08am
Originally posted by ianworz ianworz wrote:

Sorry Nexy, that was directed more towards blue bucket, I know you're more than capable of designing excellent blades.

Dear Friend, Smile

Sorry, but I could not unerstand what you mean by "blue bucket".
Could you explain it with more information?

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 12:10am
Below is the Amazon's official explanation in nexy.com
It will be posted soon in the site.
I will update this page with pictures later.

Amazon

This is the forest we need to protect.

And this is the utmost natualization of a carbon blade.

Concerning Amazon, Nexy tried two folded challenges.

One is to maximize the effect of Ayous used beneath the surface wood,

by which you can feel how deep the Ayous layer can embrace the ball in itself.

Not like Calix, it's not that thin, rather thicker we can say,

hence it's basic character is focusing on accepting the ball deep.

But thick and burnt Ayous does not stay there only embracing.

It responds to the ball with big power.

That's the effect of Ayous used for the second layer.

It's twice thicker than Lissom and Calix, so you can imagine how big the power it may have.

But still very light, due to the burning process done only for this layer.

The second challenge will be about how much natural wooden feeling a carbon blade can have.

Amazon must have a natural feeling over the whole,

if Nexy wants people to think of the value of forest, in other word, nature.

Yes, we can make it with designing beautiful forest on it with ease,

but not easy to complete it with it's character and function.

So, lots of weeks were dedicated for this study,

how to maximize natural wooden feeling.

Now the final one has very prompt wooden feeling over the whole body,

and you will feel it whenever you embrace the ball with it.

This can be categorized from ALL + to OFF -.

But this kind of traditional categorization is against Nexy's idea about blade design.

Specially this Amazon is not easy to tell.

It has very soft and sophisticated short blocking,

and also powerful surprising top spin in the same time.

This is not a perfect blade.

Rather this can appeal for only 1% players, who dare to experience something eccentric.

It's character is not trustworthy.

This is we can see from those girls who are called coquets.

It never answers with steadfast trust.

So, we can safely say that this is not the blade Nexy wanted to make.

But it was born, after so many weeks of study and experiments,

and it has it's sure own value.

Yes, this is it.

Now you are to grab it and feel it,

and judge how peculiar it is.

Meet "AMAZON" in nexy.com.

Edited by Nexy - 04/23/2012 at 12:11am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

[QUOTE=ianworz]
Sorry, but I could not unerstand what you mean by "blue bucket".
Could you explain it with more information?

He was referring to this post by member "bluebucket":
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35293&PID=598115&title=nexy-designers-diary#598115

Edit: typo

Edited by arg0 - 04/23/2012 at 2:11am
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 5:51pm
Regarding Amazon.
I saw the pictures on nexy.com. The design is surprisingly simple and yet beautiful.

Yet, I fear that some of the statements used in its advertising, namely "This is not a perfect blade. Rather this can appeal for only 1% players [...] It's character is not trustworthy. [...] this is not the blade Nexy wanted to make" could be counter-productive. It will be difficult to convince someone to spend $120 on a blade that did not fulfill its design goals and does not appeal to 99% of the players.

Yet, praise to Nexy for being honest about it: I hope more than 1% of players will find in Amazon the blade they were looking for.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 4:02am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Regarding Amazon.
I saw the pictures on nexy.com. The design is surprisingly simple and yet beautiful.

Yet, I fear that some of the statements used in its advertising, namely "This is not a perfect blade. Rather this can appeal for only 1% players [...] It's character is not trustworthy. [...] this is not the blade Nexy wanted to make" could be counter-productive. It will be difficult to convince someone to spend $120 on a blade that did not fulfill its design goals and does not appeal to 99% of the players.

Yet, praise to Nexy for being honest about it: I hope more than 1% of players will find in Amazon the blade they were looking for.
Yes, I am pretty sure there will be more than 1% who will be attracted by this blade.
But I have to admit that there is no other blade similiar to this one.
Feeling and character, the actual functions are all new. Totally different from all blades ever existed.
It has surprising power and good vibration.
But I can not say that these are the general feature we can find from usual blades.

Any way, I'm now totally into this blade.
I play with it, and I find it more attractive day by day.
The article shows my confession that this blade is not something you could ever expirienced,
but that does not inevitably say that it's not good.
Still, I think this blade is not easy to compare with any other ones, so the market will be smaller than other nexy blades.

By the way, thank you for the tip and nice comments.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Tobhik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobhik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 4:44am
I am interested in Tuvalu. Could you give more explanation on the character and your basis design.

I have tried some DIY blades using a "cushion layer" to reduce the speed and to add control for LP rubber. However, I always find that when the blade is slow enough because of the cushion/dampening layer then the control is gone for soft touch on the table.

Will this Tuvalu available in big size ?

What type of LP player will be happy with Tuvalu?

When this Tuvalu will be available? Are there any forum member has tested this ?

Would like to know the speed comparison against other blades like Tachi or cayman or bty def alpha.

cheers
Tobhik

Edited by Tobhik - 04/24/2012 at 4:47am
LP ox
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Tobhik Tobhik wrote:

I am interested in Tuvalu. Could you give more explanation on the character and your basis design.

I have tried some DIY blades using a "cushion layer" to reduce the speed and to add control for LP rubber. However, I always find that when the blade is slow enough because of the cushion/dampening layer then the control is gone for soft touch on the table.

Will this Tuvalu available in big size ?

What type of LP player will be happy with Tuvalu?

When this Tuvalu will be available? Are there any forum member has tested this ?

Would like to know the speed comparison against other blades like Tachi or cayman or bty def alpha.

cheers
Tobhik

Tubalu will be very new blade, among ever experimented.
It is new, because new material is given, and also it uses very new constitution.
Carbon layer will be supporting the fore hand side, and the new material will be departing the effect of the carbon layer on the back hand side.
Any way, it's not easy to predict how much the effect will catch people's interest.

Nobody tested this blade in this forum.
And it seems that maybe in the middle of June, the blade will be out in the market.

New information will be followed up in this thread later.

Edited by Nexy - 04/28/2012 at 3:30am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 1:01pm
I'm looking forward to reading the first test review of amazon.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Regarding Amazon.

Yes, I am pretty sure there will be more than 1% who will be attracted by this blade.
But I have to admit that there is no other blade similiar to this one.
Feeling and character, the actual functions are all new. Totally different from all blades ever existed.
It has surprising power and good vibration.
But I can not say that these are the general feature we can find from usual blades.

Any way, I'm now totally into this blade.
I play with it, and I find it more attractive day by day.
The article shows my confession that this blade is not something you could ever expirienced,
but that does not inevitably say that it's not good.
Still, I think this blade is not easy to compare with any other ones, so the market will be smaller than other nexy blades.

By the way, thank you for the tip and nice comments.
I don't know for the blade itself, but yes, the advertising is surely the most unconventional we've ever seen...
We usually have : "the most extraordinary blade ever made, you can miss the ball, perfect control, unsurpassed speed, blablabla..."
What is for sure is that Nexy always surprises us. He does things (blades, and now, adverts) that have never been done before...and that's why I like him so much. Thumbs up !

Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 7:12pm
Hope someday Nexy makes the 'spear carbon'. Keeping the present Spear with its building and thickness 6,2-6,3 and adding 2 carbon layers. This is the Nexy monster blade to be made.  
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 9:12am
I wonder of the Calix II upgrade - could you please provide a brief info on the improvement, in what aspects will Calix II be different from Calix?
Stiga Clipper Wood CR WRB - Fh: Yasaka Rakza 7 - Bh: Tibhar 5Q

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Hope someday Nexy makes the 'spear carbon'. Keeping the present Spear with its building and thickness 6,2-6,3 and adding 2 carbon layers. This is the Nexy monster blade to be made.  
Good suggestion.
I agree with your idea.

I will test it later on.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2012 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by szikorz szikorz wrote:

I wonder of the Calix II upgrade - could you please provide a brief info on the improvement, in what aspects will Calix II be different from Calix?

In Korean market, it was a really hot issue.

Calix was a big hit product, and people was crazy about that blade.
But as for me, I thought Calix will not be satisfying most people,
because people are people.
But I was quite sure that there will be some people who will be touched by Calix.

Calix is thin.
It is only 4.9mm.
So, it has very good control and short return, when you try to block the powerfel shot from your opponent.

But it's also extermely powerful, considering it's thinness, when you try to make a powerful shot.
It was possible, due to the compresssion and burning process.
And also by the effect of Ayous layer used in the second layer.

Anyway, it was really awesome to read people's amazements in Korean community sites about Calix.
I was right about it.

Any way, when I finished Calix, I knew that I would start to make Calix II.
It is thicker, and more general in many ways.
Better power, and also better feeling.

I wrote that most people will choose CalixII, if they are really players,
and some Korean people who were crazy about Calix got uncomfortable.
Because with that comment, I was betraying their zeal for Calix.

But as a blade designer, I was not sure that I could make something more than a calix
when I started CalixII design, so that was the outcome from the real joy when I knew that I coul exceed Calix with my CalixII.

It will come out in the market maybe within a month.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 2:44am
This is Amazon.

Edited by Nexy - 05/02/2012 at 2:45am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 12:58pm

This is Amazon.

This is Amazing! Wink
Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 30>
  Share Topic