Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
Author
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 10:12pm
If you think it's ok, then here is one sample of that young lady ghost,
we can easily meet in Korean movies.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Sponsored Links

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2013 at 4:46am
Nexy's new rubber, ELPIS

Hello, every one.
This is an official statement for the nexy's new rubber, ELPIS.

Nexy has been acknowledged as a good design brand for blades and bags, shoes,
but not very powerful brand for rubber market.
It was not because Nexy did not care for rubber development,
but because Nexy could not compete with other big brands,
because rubber production relies much on the money and market size,
rather than the designer's own creativity.

Therefore, even though Nexy knew that Nexy could get something new and big,
still it was not easy to make a decision to rush into the big investment market.

But finally, Nexy got a new idea to make a new market with this new weapon.
It is 30 USD rubber market.
People have been always expecting to have a good function rubber at the reasonable price range,
which has been stayed around 25 USD per one rubber.
So far, until we got the speed gluing ban policy from ITTF,
a dominant rubber in the market has been always around or cheaper than 25 USD.
But only within a decade after the speed gluing ban policy,
rubber prices jumped over the people's general expectation, even upto 80 USD.

Therefore, the initial aim for NEXY was to make a competitive rubber with 25 USD price.
It can not be satisfying all people, but it has to at least satisfy more than 80% people,
who are expecting to have a reasonable price rubber with a competitive funtional feature.
It has to be speedy, even though not much sticky, but also has to be grippy.

After launching Demian, it took 6 years for Nexy to release another rubber,
and during 6 years, Nexy studied most of the rubbers' development process.
Rubbers got fatster and grippy.
But also the prices got higher and higher.

So, Nexy started to created a new fomular for ruber surface, two years ago,
and kept on studying how to make a good sponge which can work well together with that top sheet.
2 years were spent for those study.
Actually, about a year ago, Nexy was almost sure to launch ELPIS,
and tried to enlist it ITTF rubber list,
and the rubber stayed enlisted already for a long time.
But still, as always Nexy has been doing, some thing more has to be added.

Final sophistication process took almost a year, after the first final sample was done,
and the sellable final version got a very generally acceptable features,
with good speed and gripping power,
as well as reasonable price, considering it's good function.

And the name "ELPIS" means "HOPE".
We are facing a era with deep worry about the future of our generation,
next generation to come,
with all these environmental and resource crisis,
which is dragging a heavy cloud on our head.

And the global economy is also overwhelming us with dark shadow.
Every one is saying this seems that we are coming close to an end of age.
It makes sense when we see Japanese new clear generation is now leaking 300 tons of polluted water
into the sea every day,
but they can not do anything for it.

Humans are weak and powerless, facing these global crisis.

But still we have bright sky and warm Sun,
and we know life brings hope beneath the pain.
No happiness comes without the forshadow of mishaps,
and no frustration fails to embrace a small hope,
which will open another bright day.

All pain, all troubles go away, when we look bank on our past.
It depends whether we have power to stand it to the end or not.
All things will solve out in the end.

Therefore, Nexy tries to symbolize that our lives are depending not only on our efforts,
but also on grace, which is coming far beyond our might,
by naming this rubber "ELPIS".

Nexy wishes that every one might think that there always have been "grace",
which can be easily ours, when we keep hope in our heart at any cost,
not yeilding to continuously upcoming mishaps.

So, Nexy is now proudly presenting this new rubber "ELPIS"
to all who waits for "grace" with keeping hope in their hearts,
at whatever pain they are facing at this moment.

Meet this rubber, and grap a new chance to start to hope.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 12:01am

It’s been long time… long long time since I left those writings in the upper space.

Today, I found out that some people are testing and writing reviews about Arirang and Peterpan in this forum.

It feels good as well as strange.

I left this forum, but my blades are still alive among people’s hands, not being dependent on me

I have been trying to understand that this thread is where I can write as I want and feel, not being bothered much about how people react and reply to my articles and products.

But still I always think that if I keep on writing, then it would not be easy to isolate the brand “NEXY” from one person who is running, and that makes me always think where I am walking.

Personally, I don’t want that people think of NEXY as a personal brand, but a corporate one, not because I am not that much proud of myself, but because I think NEXY can be bigger than me.

Humans have created lots of magnificent things which were beyond their capacities. That’s why we are humans.

Besides, I cannot reply to all the questions people can raise to NEXY products, because I am already filled up with those jobs in Korean market. English is not my mother tongue, and I cannot find time enough to search how people are reacting towards NEXY even in this forum.

So, little by little, while my business in Korea grew and I became busier, I kept myself away from this forum. I was actually out of energy to cling to this forum.

And when I got a new staff “Lee Jeong Huyn”, I trusted my job to him, and I stayed a little farther from this English community business.

But I think this forum is very much important for NEXY, and I have to keep on writing here.

This is the only place I can directly share what I am doing with NEXY, and this is the place I can make people understand NEXY better. I have to find some time for this forum, and I have to keep writing.

So, I will try to find more time to write here. Please, forgive my long absence, and keep in touch with this thread. If you have any questions or opinions, you can leave that here, and I will reply, sometimes not fast enough, but it will be always sure ones.

Ok, that was the long excuse for my long absence, and here I will start to write about NEXY.

Today’s topic is the core feature of NEXY blade, “Dual Impact” concept.

I tried to find a good and easy term for this function, but that was the only possible word mixture I could find for now.

This concept was introduced when I first introduced LISSOM in the market.

Here is the basic idea about this function.

1. The repelling power of a blade is normally consistent according to its basic design, If it’s ‘off’ blade, it is ‘off’ when you attack and also when you defend. So, ‘off’ blade is good when you are offensive, but not very good when you have to be defensive. It’s also applicable in the other side. Your “def” blade is only good when you are defensive, and not very good when you are offensive.

2. NEXY started to combine those two things into one blade. When I designed “LISSOM”, I tried to make use of two features, “off” and “def” in one blade. It’s simple concept. When you try to attach, the blade has to be powerful on its impact with the ball, but when you need to block, then the blade has to receive the impact of the ball, and bounce the ball with soft power, and short distance. In other words, “Dual Impact” means that you can feel the blade “off” when you are offensive, but “def” when you are defensive.

3. I prepared some pictures, where you can understand this concept.

Please, check the pictures down below.

By the way, this idea helped to run NEXY’s second wave, and lots of blades were equipped with this feature.

But in the third wave, I tried to focus on balance, more than experimenting something new.

So, this “Dual Impact” is not modulated into moderate feature.

If I choose a blade with the extreme “Dual Impact”, then it will be “Calix”.

This blade is extremely thin, considering it as an “all ~ offensive” range.

It’s about 4.9mm thick, but it’s also very powerful, when you try to hit with speed.

http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1273&b_code=B20091201071556&c_code=C20091202014952

Anyway, Nexy is now focusing on “balance”, and Peterpan and Arirang, which are currently under being reviewed, are not focusing much on “Dual Impact”, But still you can feel that they are easy to use in both extremely different way, attacking with high power and defending (blocking) with absorbing the coming power.

I wish testers could feel that NEXY’s third wave has successfully adjusted the “Dual Impact” function at the modest range with those new blades.

Edited by Nexy - 02/03/2014 at 12:17am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 4:36am
'Dual Impact' and 'the third wave' of NEXY
I wrote one article about "Dual impact" yesterday.
And I think that article might have left some unclear understandings about the difference between Nexy's second wave and the third wave.

Let me explain more about "Dual Impact" with the below factors.

1. Nexy's second wave was focusing on "Dual Impact".
    So, most blades were targeting at equipping "Dual Impact" on it.
    But still there are small differences among blades.
    Let me categorize nexy's second wave blades considering the degree of "Dual Impact".

Super Strong Dual Impact : Calix
    Strong Dual Impact : Lissom
    Midium range : Amazon,  Calix 2, Spear
    small range : Spartacus, Qabod

2. In the second wave, Nexy tried to insert the "Dual Impact" function into many different kind of blades. Therefore, in the second wave, nexy blades are various in many ways.
   There is one using Hinoki surface(Spartacus), which neutralize the feature of "Dual Impact" with it's unique feeling, one using very hard surface and carbon material, which will not generate the "Dual Impact" function in a big portion, but also there is very thin blade, which will generate big "Dual Impact" function on it, that is Calix.
   So, Nexy spent some time experimenting how to make use of and to what extent to make use of "Dual Impact" on many different blades.

3. During the process, I came to realize that there could be a certain people who will be crazily fascinated by this "Dual Impact", who enjoy sending the ball very close to the net after blocking, but there could be more people who could not get accustomed to this unique fuction.
   Therefore, in the third wave, NEXY changed its policy about blade design.
   Actually, it's not only about "Dual Impact". It's about all other acpects, such as speed, spin, and shape, even the handle shape.
   Nexy tried to find a kind of balanced "Dual Impact", not very big, rather in some modest quantity, and also tried to make a blade handle and size quite moderate and acceptable from average players.

4. So, in the third wave, most blades are stayin in the small or midium range concerning this "Dual Impact" function.
    Peterpan, Arirang, OZ, Inca, Kim Jung Hoon... all those blades have some amount of "Dual Impact", but it's sophisticagedly modulated into a moderate quantity, and I think you will not feel that much difference from other well known blades.
    Any way, in some cases, you will still feel that Nexy blades from the third wave are still easy to control the distance of returning ball after blocking, due to that small amount of modulated "Dual Impact".
    I hope this could be varified by many reviews for Arirang, and Inca, Peterpan.

5. By the way, still there are many players in Korea, who are crazily fascinated by "Dual Impact" from Calix and Lissom, and I don't think these extremely generated feature are something NEXY has to desert on the way. Rather, I will try to focus how to make use of this function in a balanced and moderate way.

I wish this content might be helpful to understand Nexy's "Dual Impact" feature.
Thank you.

Edited by Nexy - 02/05/2014 at 12:46am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 5:51am
Dear Mr. Moon,
as always, thank you for the insight.
Indeed, I could verify some degree of "dual impact" also in Arirang. This is probably why I like Arirang much, although Lissom still remains my preferred blade.

I suppose the Tamar series is a tribute to hinoki and is not part of the "third wave".
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 6:58am
What I find amazing with the dual impact is that it is possible to defend with backspin chops with an offensive blade like Calix or Calix II. The only other offensive blade with which I would do these chops that well was the Nittaku Barwell Fleet. Even though an offensive player won't use these chops often it shows the amount of control that the blade can give and that an offensive player needs in blocking and counterlooping. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2014 at 7:24pm
so far the tamar series have the highest quality and craftmanship among your all woo blades and the calix 2 among your composite blades
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2014 at 2:12am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

so far the tamar series have the highest quality and craftmanship among your all woo blades and the calix 2 among your composite blades

Thank you.
I think TAMAR is beautifully made blade.
But I cannot gaurantee that I would produce enough to satisfy the market's needs.
So, I don't push it much in the market.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2014 at 2:13am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

What I find amazing with the dual impact is that it is possible to defend with backspin chops with an offensive blade like Calix or Calix II. The only other offensive blade with which I would do these chops that well was the Nittaku Barwell Fleet. Even though an offensive player won't use these chops often it shows the amount of control that the blade can give and that an offensive player needs in blocking and counterlooping. 

Yes, you are saying the truth.
That was a good point.

This blade also allows you to use OX rubbers on your back hand side, with effective control when you play close to the net, also.
And you will feel comfortable with short pimple out rubbers, too.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Dear Mr. Moon,
as always, thank you for the insight.
Indeed, I could verify some degree of "dual impact" also in Arirang. This is probably why I like Arirang much, although Lissom still remains my preferred blade.

I suppose the Tamar series is a tribute to hinoki and is not part of the "third wave".

Yes, you were correct.

Actually, Hinoki surface is peculiarly different from other surfaces, and I have to use thicker ply than other blade.
Therefore, with Hinoki surface, it's not easy to make use of "Dual Impact" fuction with a big amount.
Any way, Arirang is using the same structure when I designed Lissom, which allows a kind of moderate "Dual Impact" effect.
I hope this article helps people what is different in NEXY blades.

Edited by Nexy - 02/05/2014 at 2:16am
Brand Manager of NEXY
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2014 at 9:39am
Hi nexy,is there anyway to test Arirang with ST handle?

have you choose bulgaria to countries whos testested this blade?

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2014 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Concerning test, we have a certain period for that.
Arirang is now out in the market, and we are not running test program any more.
I hope you can try for the next chance later on.
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2014 at 1:35am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Hi,
I may offer my Arirang ST for testing in near future, as I did with some of my other Nexy blades.
Just keep an eye on my Nexy blades testing thread: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63892
I am also going to offer a Peterpan ST for testing.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2014 at 12:53am

Point, Line, Face

Today’s topic explains much about where NEXY start to be different.

When I first tried to start a new brand, I was very certain about the fact that most big brads don’t study much about how they could make good blades.

They have to release new line up each year, so they do that whether they’ve got something or not.

That’s really absurd situation, because blade design needs more than one year to find what is really good.

Anyways, I started it, and I could somehow make some blades different from other brands.

But still I was lacking something more than that.

I knew that NEXY had to be different not in a small detail, but in a very big thing, which needed to surprise all the brands ever existed, never got that.

So, I found it.

I found it, but I did not know I found that big thing.

I knew that is different, but I was not fully aware of it, and I did not know how I would be continuing to use that knowledge.

It became a core part of NEXY blade design, but the beginning was very dim and blur.

Here goes it.

1. How the ball impacts on the rubber

I wrote about it already, but I did not link this with the core difference yet, so I think now I have to make it more explicable.

I came to realize that the ball does not roll on a rubber.

When we make a top spin or under spin shot, the ball feels rolling on the surface of a rubber, but it’s not.

It goes deep into the rubber, twisting the sponge beneath, and repelled from the energy of the sponge reviving to the initial shape.

So, the ball’s rolling movement happens when the rubber regains the original shape from the twisted shape done by the ball’s impact on it.

Therefore, what matters was not about how we can make the rubber surface sticky.

Because the ball goes into the rubber surface, to the point.

The ball does not roll on the “face”, and the ball does not leave a “line”, and only respond to one point of the rubber.

When we make a powerful shot, the ball goes deep into the rubber’s sponge, and we can sometimes hear the sound of the wooden surface react to the ball’s impact, which I called “Bang Impact” in the before articles.

2. Therefore, if the ball impact on one point, why we need to consider the blade as a “face”, instead of considering it a composition of many “Point”s?

That was the moment I came up with the concept of a blade “Dual Impact”.

Nexy started to categorize the wooden layers as “face” and “point”.

For an example, Lissom’s surface is “white ash”, and that is “face”.

It affects on the whole blade as a “face”.

When we use “white ash” thick, it could be dull.

But when we use it very thin, the “face” affects on the feeling, and it does not interfere with the functional feature of a blade much.

So, I used the surface wood as a feeling factor, not as something engaged with the “point” factor.

And the second layer which supports the “face” factor, is now acting as a “point” factor.

Therefore, you can see that “LISSOM” blade can be used for a chopper, even it’s an offensive blade, because it’s second layer performs it’s function as a “point” factor.

3. Therefore, Nexy found out that nexy can consider “face” factor as a surface wood’s main feature, where we put more importance on the feeling.

But Nexy tried to use “point” factor wood in the second layer, by which Nexy can get the “dual impact” on the whole blade, while it gives good spin.

These days, I am studying how I can use this “point” factor and “dual impact” research on the “defensive blade”.

It’s called “Aktium” and the overall design will be done very soon.

I wish this blade can complete the maximized spin power on a defensive blade.

More report will follow this article later on.

Thank you for reading this article.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2014 at 9:12pm
I prepared two pictures to support the understanding of my before written article.
I hope this helps you to understand my idea about face, line and point.

Here goes another example.

Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2014 at 9:15pm
Mr. Moon, Tibhar says the Kim blade will be available for shipping maybe last week of march. i can't wait to have it. Gensyu is still not available in the german office. have you ever considered making a a hurricane 3 like rubber but maybe less tacky and faster with a japanese sponge?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2014 at 9:22pm

Mr. Moon, Tibhar says the Kim blade will be available for shipping maybe last week of march. i can't wait to have it. Gensyu is still not available in the german office. have you ever considered making a a hurricane 3 like rubber but maybe less tacky and faster with a japanese sponge?

It's good to know that you can buy KIM JUNG HOON blade soon.
It's superb one. I think PETERPAN and KIM JUNG HOON are the twin super balance and spin blades.
Good luck!

Regarding the rubber production, I am slower, due to the size of my rubber market.
But still I continue to produce new rubbers.
My current selling rubber seems a lot similar what you wrote.

ELPIS, which is slightly tacky, and fast enough to compete with Japanese or German rubber, with very low price, will be attractvie to you.

Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2014 at 9:27pm
mr moon, no i'm not gonna buy them. tibhar will be sending them to me for testing. i have tried and reviewed the elpis and damien rubbers before but they are more similar to ritc rubbers. what i'm suggesting is why not have topsheets that are closer to a globe 999 national or prov. hurricane 3's and maybe a faster sponge

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2014 at 10:25pm
Well noted.
Thank you. I will keep that in my mind.

Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2014 at 2:19am
Mr Moon,
thanks for the interesting way of trying to describe feeling of blades with geometry terms.
I wonder whether "face" and "point" are types of feeling to which people also refer to in terms of "hard" and "soft". It can be seen that when people talk of hard and soft blades, this has at times very little to do with real physical hardness.

BTW, if any forum member wants to test the "point", "line" and "face" characteristics of Peterpan and Inca, have a look at my Nexy blades testing thread: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63892
Some blades are completing the European leg, so I may consider to ship them to other continents, too, depending on demand.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2014 at 6:08am
Thank you for asking.
I think there could be some relationship, but I can not say that's absolute.

For an example, I can say that when a hard wood cut relatively thicker than 0.7mm, for an example Ebony wood cut in 0.8mm, which I tested some months ago, it does not act as a face. It is too stiff to act as a face. It rather acts as a point, but not much reactive to the rubber's twist right at the moment, because it does not cowork much with other layer,even though I tried to put very much soft layer which works as a point, and the result was not good enough to try for a blade.

I can say the other way around. If we use LIMBA, which is soft, when cut thin and supported by sprus, which I tested when I designed "SPEAR", it did not work as a "POINT", rather it worked as a "FACE", because sprus worked through the a thin limba layer. Actually, Limba is very soft wood, but it always works as a "FACE", not as a point.

Concerning "Ayous", it usually works as a "POINT". It can work that way, even we use thick. It always absobs the impact on one point, and repels the ball on that point again. So, that explains why I use Ayouns in the second layer that much often, and why "LISSOM" can work for a chopper.
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 8:11pm

The Tamars are really sweet! I have the V and VII and posted a review.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 8:22pm
Launching Kanaph

Kanaph is a Hebrew word, meaning shade.
This name explains a lot about the way how I run Nexy, so I think I first need to tell some more than usual about how I came up with this name “Kanaph” for a new blade.

There is a story about a man, who always tried to take off his shadow from his body in Chinese old book, “Zhuang Zhou”. He feared his shadow, and tried to run from it, but all of his efforts left nothing but sweat. Zhuang Zhou saw him running every places in vain, and advised. “Why don’t you walk in to the shade of a big tree, where you can give a rest for yourself and your shadow?”

I can’t be sure that most others are living the similar lives as I am now living in, but my life is relying on two wings. One wing is my effort. I try to be smart, creative and always work hard to grow more. But that wing cannot guarantee safe and long journey. I need another wing, which is totally different from what I can control with my will. We call that “grace”.
No matter whether you have a religion or not, you will still know that life relies on luck. If I had not been lucky as I have had been, I would have become a far different person than I am now. Somehow I could have been able to make my life as it has been. I am not speaking about God. It’s more than that. I am speaking about “grace”, everyone can say, whether you are religious of not.
There are people who are aware of that “grace” they are enjoying in every moment, but there are some who are not, and those people normally lives less lucky lives, or at least, less happy lives. As for me, I want to be the former. My life is very much valuable one, and I am grateful for all the moments.
So, one day, I thought of that word “grace”, and I started to sleep on the word, because I wanted to rephrase that word into a new word I can use for my new business. At that time, I was trying to start another business, which is a bike business. (I am now inventing a new bike, which is all carbon folding bike, with around 7kg weight. Actually, I became double busy, because now I have another business, which is bike business. )
I got a touching sentence from bible, which was “in the shadow of your wings”. Little birds can stay safe and calm under the wings of their mother. They don’t fear anything, while they are under the shadow of their mother’s wings. This word “in the shadow of wings” reminded me of the story I read in Zhuang Zhou, a man who feared his shadow.
So, I looked up the word “shadow” in the old Hebrew bible, and that was “kanaph”.
And I bought a domain www.kanaph.com and started a new bike business.
I think I can run my business well, not because I am smart and working hard, but because I am lucky, too. So, there is no reason to be proud, but it would be better to try to share what I can get from my business, because that’s coming from luck in some part.

So, the word “kanaph” means that we live on luck, not only on our effort, but also on grace given to us. And I used that word for my bike brand, but now I want to use that word for my new blade, which will come out in the market very soon.

By the way, before I start to explain what features kanaph blade has, I need to explain what NEXY has been doing for those 2 years, while ITTF tried to launch a new ball.
One of good things for NEXY is that I can visit China a lot often, and I can get some good information about Chinese market and players. I live in Korea, and I visit China maybe more than 10 times in a year, so, I can get good information than other European brand managers.
And three years ago, I came to know that Chinese junior team was trying to make a big change in their players’ style. They recruited many short pimple out players.
Short pimple out players has been extinct for many years, since ITTF made our balls 40mm. In Korea, we used to have many Junior and quite some senior players, but abruptly, those short pimple out rubber players went gone, when ITTF changed the ball size. Short pimple out rubber players usually tried to outwit their opponent by moving quicker, and their weapon was irregularity of their attacking movement, because they normally played very close to the table.
But bigger ball started to hinder their strong point, because their play cannot return the ball very much fast. So, the generation became extinct, when 40mm ball entered the players’ world.
But Chinese junior team started to recruit those short pimple out players…..then why?

That was the moment I became seriously interested in poly ball. At that time Chinese team was allegedly said that they have seamless poly ball for testing and practicing. And the reason for that change was surely coming from that new ball.
I tried to get the ball, and could get one sometime later. I could understand the ball’s different performance kinda easily, because the movement was very similar to the large ball, which was 44mm.
In Korea, we use 44mm ball (bigger than normal 40mm ball, but the same weight) for old people. That ball is large, and we call them large ball. The ball does not make big spin, and players need to win a point only by patient strokes, So, you can normally expect longer rally per each score.
I made “large ball” with my nexy brand, and also with Tibhar brand. And I studied that ball for many years already. So, I could predict what happened for the Chinese junior team coaches. They might have concluded that new poly ball will make a change in the dominant play style, from usual top-spin attacker to short pimple out rubber smasher.
Actually, the final ball we can buy is not much different as the first ball was. But still, the character of the ball is somewhat similar to the “Large Ball”’s character.

(I have another news about ball. Nexy is now proudly launching “NEXY poly ball” soon. I’ve been watching how the ball production is going on, and got the best ball. I will write more about ball later.)

Any way, from that moment, I started to study how the market will change, and what will be the next table tennis popular gear. And I started to work on new three blades. “Kanaph”, Chedech” and “Zealot”. Kanaph and Chedech will be nexy’s “third wave” blades. But Zealot will be new trend. So, I am now trying to move to a totally new land, in order to face “poly ball” era.

Therefore, the basic feature of “Kanaph” is showing what NEXY is predicting about “poly ball”’s performance.
1.     Size : “Kanaph” is slightly bigger than the before nexy blades. I could have lots of experience what lies between the size and the performance of poly ball. Bigger size (slightly, not largely) allows higher accuracy. For an example, the popular short pimple out blades was roundish shape, not rectangle one. In Asia, there used to be many short pimple players, and they used Japanese Penholder blades, but they preferred roundish one, not normal rectangle one, because they knew roundish blade has bigger sweet spot, which is definitely needed for smash plays. Poly ball will need better smash, because the ball does not allow big spin, and we probably will be relying more on our smashing shot, so bigger sweet spot will be effective change for the next generation. I also got some more data from Korean famous defensive players, including Joo Se Hyuk. I could run continuous blade testing with Joo Se Huyk for several months, when he considered moving to Tibhar from Butterfly, and I had some talk about blade size with him. I had also several other defensive players to talk about this. And they want bigger size, because they want accuracy in their rally. And that is the feature we need more when we play with poly ball. So, my three blades will have larger size than before.

2.     Thickness : Calix was 4.8~ 4.9mm thick, but still it was an attractive attacking blade. I designed Calix that way, because I wanted players could feel the flexible feeling when they attack with it. Thin blade gives better accuracy, because you can feel better. But in the same time, the blade has to make people feel thick. I mean, you need to feel the ball goes deep into the blade, and get the impact in the deeper level than other normal blades, because the blade is thinner than others. If the feeling is shallow, then you will not like them much. Therefore, I tried to design the blade thin, but has deeper feeling. That study gave the inspiration for my next three blades. Kanaph is thin blade, but it has deep feeling, which allows you to feel the ball goes deep, and you will be controlling the ball with big accuracy and power.

3.     Third Wave : Nexy’s third wave is focusing on the difference of the surface wood and the center wood. Surface wood is raw material, but the center wood is burnt one. Burnt center wood gives thinner composition keeping the power and speed the same as thicker blade, and gives lighter feeling when you stroke. But the surface wood is natural one, because I want to make use of the raw wooden material 100%. Therefore, Kanaph is using raw Kiso Hinoki on the surfaces, and using burnt center wood.

4.     Kiso Hinoki Surface : This wood ply is not much experienced by players outside of Japan and Korea. I cannot tell you that Hinoki is better surface wood than others, but I can surely say that Hinoki has it’s own character, and some among you will be surely enchanted. This wood is very much soft and weak, and it has sticky feeling when you use it for your top spin stroke. And Hinoki has different angle for blocking. Once you got accustomed to its unique angle, you can place the returning ball very short, because the ball moves sticky on to the surface, and you can control it with detailed exactitude.

Ok, that is what I can say now about Nexy’s new blade, Kanaph. I wish you could feel the same was as I now feel. Thank you for reading this long article for a blade.

Edited by Nexy - 08/18/2014 at 8:28pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 7:10am
Thanks for the announcement and the insight on the new poly ball. We'll see how other blademakers adjust to the new ball.
Besides, I was wondering whether you considered using the "wings" of the blade as "wings" of the kanaph logo. Smile I ask because the logo of Inca is indeed partly on the wings of the blade.
Join the Nexy Clan!
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 9:58am
Thin Limba(dark Limba would be better ) top ply, supruce secondary ply, thin and soft glass fiber (like nittaku fleet series) and three ayous inner plies. 6.2-6-4mm thick. 90gr compact head size, thin neck, 101mm long square st handle. That's my dream blade.

I really wonder why on earth nobody makes Limba-spruce-ayous-ayous-ayous-spruce-limba kind of blades and some artificial fiber combinations...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Thanks for the announcement and the insight on the new poly ball. We'll see how other blademakers adjust to the new ball.
Besides, I was wondering whether you considered using the "wings" of the blade as "wings" of the kanaph logo. Smile I ask because the logo of Inca is indeed partly on the wings of the blade.

Thank you.
But the production is done now.
You will see the actual blades, soon.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

Thin Limba(dark Limba would be better ) top ply, supruce secondary ply, thin and soft glass fiber (like nittaku fleet series) and three ayous inner plies. 6.2-6-4mm thick. 90gr compact head size, thin neck, 101mm long square st handle. That's my dream blade.

I really wonder why on earth nobody makes Limba-spruce-ayous-ayous-ayous-spruce-limba kind of blades and some artificial fiber combinations...

Limba - Sprus - center wood

That is actually very well known structer as good blade composition.
You can see the structure with Stiga and DHS blades, and also many copy blades in Chinses market.

I also studied that structure many years ago, and made this SPEAR blade.

http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1137&b_code=B20091201071556&c_code=C20091202014952

If you use Limba thin, then the blade will embrace the ball deep.
But if you use LIMBA thick, then the blade will not perform well, because LIMBA is very soft, and it has big absorbiong power.

Therefore, I used thin LIMBA layer, and supported it with SPRUS, which adds more speed on the blade.

For the center layers, I think if you use three ayous layers, the blade will be heavy.
If you make those three layers thin, cosidering the weight, then the blade will be vibrant much.

By the way, for now, I think LIMBA will not be popular as before, because water glue will made damages on it easily.

Thank you for sharing your idea.

Brand Manager of NEXY
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 9:09pm
There are pictures of the Kanaph blade.

Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 10:52pm
wow!! i can't wait to have the kanaph mr. moon

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2014 at 12:51am
Thanks for the comment...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
  Share Topic