Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 30>
Author
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2014 at 9:03pm
One short news.

One of my staff will run a promotional event for Kanaph.
The information will be posted here.
Just keep your eyes open, if you want to participate this review chance for Kanaph.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Sponsored Links

nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 11:07pm

We are recruiting testers for the launch of our new blade, Kanaph.

please click the link!

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68033&PID=822497󈳡

Thank you

Edited by nexy.com - 08/22/2014 at 11:09pm
Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 2:13am
(Below article is modified version of Kanaph blade's official introduction.)

Launching Kanaph

My new blade is called Kanaph, which means “wing” in Hebrew. My journey to reaching this name also explains my vision for my company, Nexy.

In an old Chinese book, Zhuang Zhou, there is a story about a man, who always tried to remove his shadow from his body. He feared his shadow and tried to run from it, but his efforts left nothing but sweat. Zhuang Zhou saw him running everywhere in vain and advised, “Why don’t you walk in to the shade of a big tree, where you can give a rest for yourself and your shadow?”

I am not sure if others are living a similar life as I am, but my life relies on two wings. One wing is my effort. I try to be smart, creative, and always work hard to grow, but that wing cannot guarantee a long, safe journey. So, I need another wing, which is beyond my control and my will. I call that wing “grace.” Whether you are religious or not, you surely realize that life often relies on many things beyond your control. Some call this “luck.” If I had not been lucky, I would have had a much different life. I could not have made my life what it is today. I am not speaking about God. I am speaking about the wings of “grace,” a concept that can apply to everyone, regardless of religion.

People who are aware of  “grace” enjoy their grace-filled moments, but there are many who are not. Those people usually live a less lucky life, or at the very least, a less happy life. As for me, I want to be the former. My life is valuable, and I am grateful for each and every moment. So, one night, I thought of that word “grace,” and I slept on it. When I awoke, I thought of rephrasing it into a new word that I could use for my business.

I discovered a touching phrase in the Bible, “In the shadow of your wings.” Little birds can stay safe and calm under their mother’s wings, and they don’t fear anything. This reminded me of the story I read in Zhuang Zhou, about a man who feared his shadow. The word “wing” in the old Hebrew Bible is “Kanaph,” which is our other wing that brings us luck through grace. Kanaph is the name of my new blade.

Before I begin to explain the blade’s features, I need to explain what led up to its development. In the Summer of 2000, the ITTF increased the ball size to 40mm. Short pips players who used to outwit their opponent by playing close-to-the table, moving quickly, and attacking the ball just-off-the-bounce were no longer able to do so effectively. The bigger ball hindered there style of play because they could not return the ball as fast as before. In Korea, we used to have many Junior and Senior short pips players, but that generation nearly became extinct after the introduction of the 40mm ball.

Nexy is based in Korea, which is close to China. I visit there quite often — at least ten times per year. This helps me acquire useful information about the Chinese table tennis market and players. Three years ago, I heard that the Chinese junior team was trying to make a big change in their playing style. They recruited many short pips players for training. I wondered if it had something to do with a new seamless poly ball they were allegedly testing and practicing. I tried to get samples for testing and could only get one ball. Immediately, I understood the difference in performance.

The movement was similar to the large 44mm ball that we use in Korea for many of the elderly players. That ball is large, so we call it “Large Ball.” The ball does not produce much spin, and players need to win points by using patient strokes. Therefore, rallies are usually longer. I made a “Large Ball” with my Nexy brand and also with Tibhar brand. I closely studied that ball for the past two years. I can see why the Chinese junior team coaches began training with short pips players. They must have concluded that the new poly ball will change the dominant style of play from the usual topspin attack to a smash or small top drives. Actually, the final ball that is now available is not much different than the original prototype. The character of the ball is somewhat similar to the Large Ball. Note:  Nexy will soon launch the “Nexy Poly Ball.” I believe this will be the very best ball for the new generation. I will write more about the ball later.

I studied how the market would change, and what table tennis gear would be needed to meet those changes. I worked on three new blades:  Kanaph, Chedech, and Zealot. Kanaph and Chedech will be part of Nexy’s “third wave” of blades, but Zealot will represent a different trend that I will discuss later. I am launching these new blades to help players maximize their topspin and flat-hit performance with inverted rubbers, thereby overcoming the spin-resistant properties of the poly ball.

The first of this new series of blades is Kanaph!

·        Size:  Kanaph is slightly larger than previous Nexy blades because I have discovered a link between the size of the blade and performance with the poly ball. A slightly larger head size results in a higher degree of accuracy. In Asia, the short pip players traditionally used Japanese Penholder blades. They preferred the roundish models, not the standard rectangle models, because they knew the rounder shape had a bigger sweet spot, which is definitely needed for flat-hit smashes. The poly ball will require better flat hits because it doesn’t allow for much spin. Players will probably rely more on smashes and small top drives, so a bigger sweet spot will be more effective in the new poly ball era.

For several months, I had the opportunity to conduct continuous blade testing with Joo Se Huyk, when he considered moving to Tibhar from Butterfly. We had many discussions about blade sizes. I also had similar discussions with several other Korean professional defensive players. They all agreed about one thing — they wanted a larger size blade to help increase accuracy during their rallies. That is also one of the key features needed when playing with the poly ball. Therefore, my three new blades will have a larger head size than before.

·        Thickness:  Calix is only 4.8 ~ 4.9mm thick, but is still an attractive attacking blade. I designed Calix that way because I wanted players to have a flexible feeling when using it to attack. A thin blade gives better accuracy because you can feel the ball more, but at the same time the blade has to feel solid. When the ball goes deep into the sponge and contacts the surface wood it’s important that the blade can solidly withstand the impact — not feel shallow and weak. Therefore, I tried to design a thin blade with a deep feeling. That study gave me the inspiration for my next three blades. Kanaph is thin, but feels deep, which allows a player to feel the ball as it sinks deep. He or she will have the ability to control the ball with a great deal of accuracy and power.

·        Third Wave:  Nexy’s third wave focuses on the contrast between the surface wood and the center core. The surface wood is a raw material, but the center wood is a burnt one. The burnt center allows a thinner composition to maintain the power and speed of a thicker blade and gives lighter feeling during strokes. The surface wood is natural because I want to make use of the unique properties of 100% Kiso Hinoki. Kanaph is pure Hinoki on the outside, burnt wood on the inside, and a thin layer of a special high quality carbon in between.

·        Kiso Hinoki Surface:  This wood ply is widely used by experienced players in Japan and Korea, but not so much in other parts of the world. I cannot state that Hinoki is better that other woods as a top ply, but I can confidently tell you that Hinoki has it’s own character. Some among you will surely be enchanted. This wood is soft and delicate and has a sticky feeling when used for spinning the ball with top or chop. Hinoki requires a different angle for blocking, but once you get accustomed to it, you can accurately control the ball and return it wherever you want — even short drop shots that land just over the net.

I am very excited about our new blade, Kanaph, and I sincerely hope you will feel the same after using it. Thank you for reading about my journey, which led to creating and naming my new blade.

Brand Manager of NEXY
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 2:47am
I am still waiting my new blade Kanaph to arrive.I can't wait to start playing with it!!!I am very excited and I hope to arrive quickly!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 8:27am
The Korean thanksgiving shut down the entire nation for a week and everyone had to fight their way along hundreds of KMs back home through a throng of people TWO times the population of New York City.

It will get there.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2014 at 10:05am
Maybe that's why in the last 4 days, when I track the tracking number, tells me that it is in the same place, right?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 10:50pm

Launching Actium - a new weapon for the modern defender.

Nexy poured many years into the development of this new defensive blade.

Seven years ago I met Joo Sae Huyk, the number one defensive player in the world. He was seriously considering moving from Butterfly to Tibhar and wanted to test their rubbers and blades. After trying Grass DtecS long pips rubber on his backhand side, Joo was satisfied, but finding him the right blade was not as easy.

I carefully studied all the available defensive blades and concluded that we needed to design a new one for Joo. For more than a year I helped Tibhar produce special samples for Joo. In the end, he decided he was unable to make the switch to Tibhar, but not because he was dissatisfied with the Tibhar rubbers and blades. At that time, Butterfly sponsored his club, and he was under a lot of pressure from his head coach to remain a Butterfly sponsored player.

During that testing period, I designed many blades with Joo. I also contacted other defensive players and gathered data to help me determine exactly what properties were needed to create the ultimate defensive weapon.

Here is a summary of my findings:

(1) Long Trajectory: Most European blade designers presume that defensive blades should focus more on the control than the power. They do not take into account that defensive players usually play away from the table and need to make long-distance chops and drives. Therefore, I chose to focus on the power of the blade.

(2) Powerful Attacking Ability: Overall, designers of defensive blades tend to focus more on the defending ability than attacking ability. Modern defenders need control for accurate placement when defending, but they also need to loop-drive and smash winners when attacking. It is easy to find a slow blade that has good control, but what a defender really needs is control for defending and power for attacking from a distance.

(3) Dual Speed System: I coined this phrase “Dual Speed System,” which players sometimes refer to as “gears.” I began developing this system with Nexy’s second wave. In general, it means that a blade has two speeds built into it — one for control in the short game and one for power when attacking away from the table. Nexy attained this dual speed feature by uniquely designing the blade’s composition. The surface works as a face, vibrating as a whole, and the second ply works as a powerful anchor to support the point of impact.

Nexy combined these factors to produce the Actium blade.
It uses number (1) for the whole blade’s character, and uses a combination of number (2) and number (3) for each side. The forehand side has excellent power, and the backhand side has dual speed, so you can utilize these two distinct features as needed to win points.

Actium has a different top ply for the forehand and backhand side, which makes it a “combination blade.” I use Akazie for the forehand, which is Joo Sae Huyk’s preferred blade surface wood, and White Ash for the backhand, which has a proven dual speed character found in Lissom, a Nexy second wave blade. After testing more than a dozen compositions, I concluded that a nine-ply combination delivers the most power and largest sweet spot for a defensive blade. Therefore, Actium has nine-plies; yet, it is thin and powerful.

The name Actium is symbolic.
In 31 BC, at the battle of Actium, Octavian defeated Antonius (Marc Anthony), who had abandoned the Roman Empire because of his obsessive, crazy love for Cleopatra. He sacrificed everything for her! In that same way, players are seduced to flirt with a defensive playing style. They find the beauty of the strokes irresistible. Many cannot help falling in love with the grace and elegance of chopping away from the table.

But as an experienced attacker begins to re-train as a defender, he/she quickly realize the negative effect is has on the offensive game. Little by little, the offensive skills that a player once worked so hard to achieve begin to fade away! Generating topspin requires forward motion, while chopping away-from-the-table often requires backward motion in order to keep the blade impact free of the body. Defenders need to have excellent footwork and quickly move side-to-side, forward, and backward. Attackers rarely move backward. So, the movement, as a defender, will often be the opposite of an attacker. A player who switches styles and becomes a defender often loses the ability to attack along the way. And, it is not so easy to switch back to being an attacker. I know this from personal experience after training as a defender for more than a year and a half.

Therefore, becoming a defender means that you risk losing or changing all that you had previously worked so hard to accomplish. Nevertheless, the defensive style is tempting, and many cannot resist the seductive beauty of their newfound passion, even at great cost!

Sometimes this happens to us when we fall in love with someone we can never have in the end. We risk being hurt, gaining nothing, and losing everything just as Antonius did. Still, the love we feel is so strong that we gladly throw it all away for the small chance of being with that special someone. Many people fantasize of such a love, and maybe it’s our nature to be tempted by the danger and beauty that is so difficult to obtain!

To be a defensive player you acknowledge that you are falling into the crazy kind of love that Antonius had for Cleopatra, but at least you will have a good companion to walk with you — that companion is ACTIUM.
Maybe we can be a little crazy in love and still win in life and in table tennis! ACTIUM is an attractive blade that invites players to taste this bitter, but sweet love. Do you dare to taste it?
[IMG][/IMG]

Edited by Nexy - 10/28/2014 at 8:50pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 10:59pm
Here are the pictures of AKTIUM. (Those were taken by one on-line table tennis forum manager in Korea.)

Edited by Nexy - 10/22/2014 at 11:17pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:35am
Mr. Moon, the one that you have sent me, was that the final production version?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 4:02am
Yes. That was a final sample.

Edited by Nexy - 10/23/2014 at 4:03am
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 5:34am
i thought the white ash side was the offensive one and when i used to attack it in my forehand with a chinese rubber it was fast enough like off-, the feel is really good. maybe ill try using the other side and switch the LP with the globe 999 national. Mr. Moon, the blade head size is very big. I almost used up the edge of the rubber before cutting it.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i thought the white ash side was the offensive one and when i used to attack it in my forehand with a chinese rubber it was fast enough like off-, the feel is really good. maybe ill try using the other side and switch the LP with the globe 999 national. Mr. Moon, the blade head size is very big. I almost used up the edge of the rubber before cutting it.

Thank you. This is a modern defensive blade, and I intenionally made the size of it big, because it needs good control and power.
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 1:34pm
I think larger blades will become more popular, not just for defending, but because of the plastic balls. I also think more plies will be used the help expand the sweet spot across the larger head size. Hmmmm, seems this is what Nexy is doing. They are ahead of the game, so to speak!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I think larger blades will become more popular, not just for defending, but because of the plastic balls. I also think more plies will be used the help expand the sweet spot across the larger head size. Hmmmm, seems this is what Nexy is doing. They are ahead of the game, so to speak!

Thank you, Tommy.

Definately I am trying to test several different sizes.
And currently, I am trying to use bigger head size.
But I will also try wider sweet spot with general head size.
For now, I am testing it with my next blade "Zealot".

Any way, as you said, wider head size generally promise wider sweet spot, and that's what we need for polly ball play.
And Nexy does not want to lose this chance.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Blondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 11:11pm
Dear Nexy, 
I really like your latest blade designs and creative product descriptions. Great job! I look forward to someday owning a Nexy blade, but I'll need one that suits a gunslinger, because I shoot bullets and need 
something really, really fast and hard as a steel!
Your Truly,
Blondie

Edited by Blondie - 10/23/2014 at 11:12pm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 5:54am
Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

Dear Nexy, 
I really like your latest blade designs and creative product descriptions. Great job! I look forward to someday owning a Nexy blade, but I'll need one that suits a gunslinger, because I shoot bullets and need 
something really, really fast and hard as a steel!
Your Truly,
Blondie

Thank you.
I can not satisfy all, but I am also studying how I can make very fast, rather extremely fast blade. It will be enlisted in NEXY's line up soon.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Blondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 2:46pm
My blade, Sardius, is no longer made. I tried other blades, but none of them suit my playing style for various reasons:  too compact of a head size, too thin (u6mm), too thick (7mm+ balsa), too slow, too much flex, etc. Nexy has many lovely blades. Looking at them makes me wish I were a two-winged looper or defender. I will keep my fingers crossed that Nexy's line-up will someday include a blade that can replace my broken Sardius and maybe even be better. I'm sure it would look cool and have a cool name. 

Edited by Blondie - 10/24/2014 at 2:52pm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

My blade, Sardius, is no longer made. I tried other blades, but none of them suit my playing style for various reasons:  too compact of a head size, too thin (u6mm), too thick (7mm+ balsa), too slow, too much flex, etc. Nexy has many lovely blades. Looking at them makes me wish I were a two-winged looper or defender. I will keep my fingers crossed that Nexy's line-up will someday include a blade that can replace my broken Sardius and maybe even be better. I'm sure it would look cool and have a cool name. 

Thank you for the suggestion.

Actually, Japanese market is now oriented into a stange trend.
From somewhere they came to think that those fast blades are not good.
Schlager, Sardius.... those thick hinoki carbon blades are becoming less and less popular and Butterfly seems to be focusing on using artificial material together with koto surface.
But I don't see many reasons for that transition.
I have been watching Japanese market, and I think I am far away from them, and also from Butterfly.

If I make a blade for those fast hinoki blades, that will not be very different from Sardius or Schlager, but uqniquely different from them a little, as Nexy has been always doing.

Edited by Nexy - 10/24/2014 at 9:14pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2014 at 10:51pm
Dear Nexy,
I, Tommy Zai, EJ Madman, hereby challenge you to build the fastest 5 or 7 ply composite blade in the world. ;-) If any blade designer can do it, you can!! I would love to see you develop a blade that would end my endless search for speed. I am tired of overpaying for discontinued blades, i.e., Sardius, Schlager Carbon, etc. And, I am not alone. Many players like myself feel the need for speed and believe control is for the faint of heart!

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68892&PID=834791

Edited by tommyzai - 10/26/2014 at 4:15pm
Blondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2014 at 10:59pm

Dear Nexy,
I, Tommy Zai, EJ Madman, hereby challenge you to build the fastest blade in the world. ;-) 
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68892&PID=834791

YES! YES! YES!!!
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 4:08am
Mr. Moon,

Just wanted to let you know that I have returned to Nexy Color + Blitz BH + Tenergy FH and I am simply loving it. Very thankful to you for choosing me as one of the testers (long time ago).
Have missed coming on this forum for some time now. Just wanted to check if you have something similar to BTY Timo Boll ALC in your line up now?

Regards,
Anubhav
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 1:45pm
I should clarify my challenge . . . 

I should have clarified . . . the fastest five or seven ply composite blade in the world. Otherwise, we're talking about graphite or stainless steel or a Louisville Slugger baseball bat. I'm hoping Nexy can build a blade in the genre of Schlager Carbon that is faster!!!

NO THICK BALSA ONLY BLADES!!!
NO ILLEGAL BLADES!!
NO ONE-PLY!!!

Edited by tommyzai - 10/26/2014 at 8:41pm
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 3:05pm
Five plies of the stiffest, hardest wood combined with 2 thick carbon plies perhaps?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

Five plies of the stiffest, hardest wood combined with 2 thick carbon plies perhaps?

I'm not sure if all five plies should be the stiffest, but certainly some of those plies. Hmmm, what would Oscar from Nexy put together? Often, they keep their materials a secret. I'd be curious to know what the blade is made of, but all I really need to know is . . . . IT IS FAST AS A ROCKET! I'll figure out the guidance system for controlling it!

Edited by tommyzai - 10/26/2014 at 3:12pm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

Mr. Moon,

Just wanted to let you know that I have returned to Nexy Color + Blitz BH + Tenergy FH and I am simply loving it. Very thankful to you for choosing me as one of the testers (long time ago).
Have missed coming on this forum for some time now. Just wanted to check if you have something similar to BTY Timo Boll ALC in your line up now?

Regards,
Anubhav

If you sre Timo Boll ALC player, then please, check QABOD.
It is fast, but has very good feeling and control.
Lots of people are changing their ALC with Qabod in Korea, and most of them are satisfied.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

Actually, there could be two ways for me to engage with this project.
One is to use Honoki wood on the surface, as all those Tommy's blades are, Sardius, Schlager carbon, and Gergely.

And the second thought is to use KOTO.
Koto has been the popular surface wood, but NEXY did not use that much.

If I use Koto, then, you can say that NEXY used hard materials all, but Honoki is very very soft wood.
So, I don't know for now what will be my final answer.
But I will start to work on this project, and answers will follow.
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2014 at 11:16pm
This is very exciting. I'm sure I'm not the only MYTT member who realizes how special it is that we have one of the top, if not the top, blade designer in the world giving our forum members personal and frequent attention. This is a rare and beautiful thing. Thank you, Nexy, for being such a good friend to MYTT members. We are very fortunate to have this rewarding relationship with you. 

Also, thank you for accepting my challenge. ;-(. I can't wait to see what you design.

BTW, Actium has become a fine addition to my Nexy collection. It's a unique combination blade. I have no buyer's remorse whatsoever. After all, I am a combination player, who likes to attack.  will demo it a little more and post a review in the near future.

Edited by tommyzai - 10/26/2014 at 11:19pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2014 at 2:08am
Kim Jung Hoon Carbon!!!! 

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Kim Jung Hoon Carbon!!!! 

That was a good idea.
But when I use artificial material in it, then the blade will be totally different from the current version.
Kim Jung Hoon's character relies on the whole composition.
I forgot to write about Kim's blade.
I will clarify what is the secret of it.

Actually, Kim Jung Hoon blade has very powerful loop, and it some times flies higher than you might expect.
This is what NEXY intended to start this blade design.
I hope you can be satisfied with that high curve.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2014 at 11:02pm

This is very exciting. I'm sure I'm not the only MYTT member who realizes how special it is that we have one of the top, if not the top, blade designer in the world giving our forum members personal and frequent attention. This is a rare and beautiful thing. Thank you, Nexy, for being such a good friend to MYTT members. We are very fortunate to have this rewarding relationship with you. 

Also, thank you for accepting my challenge. ;-(. I can't wait to see what you design.

BTW, Actium has become a fine addition to my Nexy collection. It's a unique combination blade. I have no buyer's remorse whatsoever. After all, I am a combination player, who likes to attack.  will demo it a little more and post a review in the near future.

Thank you.
You suggested very good idea on the right moment.
Brand Manager of NEXY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 30>
  Share Topic