FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 30>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 1:15am
Mr. moon, i believe all composite materials change the characteristics of the blade but i guess the purpose of which is to have a faster blade. it might change the KJH blade but maybe out of a carbon KJH, you can make a very good, fast attacking blade.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 2:18am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Mr. moon, i believe all composite materials change the characteristics of the blade but i guess the purpose of which is to have a faster blade. it might change the KJH blade but maybe out of a carbon KJH, you can make a very good, fast attacking blade.

Yes, I know you know that.
But I am now planning to make the second version of Kim Jung Hoon blade, with different surface, not using carbon.

The strong point of KJH blade is the high ball curve when you make a top spin, and I don't want to lose it.
So, I prefer to keep the feature of that, and change some feeling, and do some minor adjustment for the second version.

By the way, for the fast blade, I already have two ideas, and I will test that with time.
So, just wait for some time more, and I will update how I work on with this project.

Thank you.

Edited by Nexy - 10/28/2014 at 2:19am
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 5:25am
Mr. Moon, if you are considering another all wood KJH but with a different top ply, why not try walnut? though i'm curious if you would stay with white ash then maybe change the 2nd layer to spruce?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 8:52pm
Correction for the article of AKTIUM

I found out I made a big mistake when I wrote about AKTIUM.
I wrote the wrong order for two sides of it.
Below is the wrong sentence, and I will change those parts.

------------Wrong descrpition ----------------------------

I use Akazie for the backhand, which is Joo Sae Huyk’s preferred blade surface wood, and White Ash for the forehand, which has a proven dual speed character found in Lissom, a Nexy second wave blade.

------------- Corrected one -------------------------------

I use Akazie for the forehand, which is Joo Sae Huyk’s preferred blade surface wood, and White Ash for the backhand, which has a proven dual speed character found in Lissom, a Nexy second wave blade.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2014 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Mr. Moon, if you are considering another all wood KJH but with a different top ply, why not try walnut? though i'm curious if you would stay with white ash then maybe change the 2nd layer to spruce?

I will check walnut, and I hope I can make it very thin, and that will do some work.
But I will not change the second layer, because the second layer is the key function part for KJH.
Thank you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2014 at 10:46pm
In the other thread where I was asked to develop the fasted blade, I was asked how to judge a blade is fast.
So, I wrote the below answer, and I think that will be helpful for this diary thread, too, and now I am posting the same one below.

---------------------------------------------------------

That's very important question.

What is NEXY's definition of the blade's speed?

Nexy is blessed brand, because NEXY is now growing in Korea, where many elite players are playing, and NEXY can associate with those players and coaches.

What I found out from those players and coaches were adopted NEXY blades' official descriptions, and you will know that NEXY has never shown the speed criteria on a blade.

I was asked to tell what level of speed I designed on a certain blade many times, and they were expecting me to answer to their questions with speed criteria, such as off, off+, all and so on.
But I always answered that NEXY will not tell any form of speed data.

Did you find out why NEXY did not show that kind of classfication of the speed on the blade?

Because mechanical data don't not show the real speed of a blade.
And people's feedbacks for a certain blade vary in a big range, according to what kind of play style they are, and the level of the player, as well as what rubber they use.

And that was the reason why NEXY dreamed of "dual impact" can be possible on one side, too.
But I will not write about "dual impact" here, because it's another story.

Bang Impact means a stroke very fast in one moment when a blade touches the ball, and the hit was so powerful in that moment, that the ball goes deep into the rubber, even to impact on the wooden surface, making the sound of the wooden blade almost like cracking; "bang".

And most top players were saying that a blade was fast when that blade could make this bang impact easily and steadily. They could make it easier when they used 5 ply and 7 ply wooden blades, because they felt as if the ball stayed a little longer than a thin surfac-carbon blade.

When we use a thin wooden surface supported by a carbon ply, then the ball does not stay long enough to impact on the wooden surface through the rubber on it, and it generally goes off the rubber without making that bang sound.
(Please, understand my insufficient English ability to describe this. I don't know much terminology for this description, and you need to use your imagination when you read this article.)

Actually, we can not make sure that we can tell what blade has longer staying moments than others. If you record it with speed camera, then you will not be able to see the difference by calculative speed numbers.
But the truth is, players are feeling those differences.

Maybe, that is the reason why I use thicker surface woods for carbon ply blades, or use two layers on the carbon layer, and why Butterfly added more thickness on the hinoki surface onto their carbon - hinoki blades.

For an example, when Butterfly first released Primrac Carbon blade, they used 0.5mm hinoki, but now they are using 1.0mm.
And I am planning to use 1.2~1.4mm hinoki surface on the next coming "the fastest blade".

Any way, it's not only about physical height of a ball's bounce, but it's a complex understanding about a blade.
It has to be related with the ability of generating spin, of absoving the ball deep, and of making high curve of a flying ball, that makes the ball more stable.

Therefore, I don't agree that I can tell you how you can judge or compare of a blade's speed, with several given scientific data.
Rather I can say that this blade will be generally very fast, but some players who can not make "bang impact" will not think that they are that much fast.

If a blade has only a physical high speed, then you will not be winning the matches, because you can not control the placement of the balls.
Therefore, it's not very simple process how I design a blade to be fast.

As for me, I don't use wooden plies from my stock for producing a sample, because always I need new thickness per each blade.
I design each plies one by one by 0.1mm measurment differences, and I need to prepare all new woods cut into different thicknesses, so I need to check each plies's combination with time.

That's why NEXY needs that long time to prepare one sample.

And after a sample blade is prepared, I need to test it with enough time, some times several month, to find out what is missing, and what needs to be added.

I am not sure I am giving you right answer you were expecting, but this is the best answer I could present to you for now.

Thank you for all the interests you are pouring on the project "AKRASIA".
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 2:08am
NEXY released three new rubbers.

CHAOS +

Nexy is releasing CHAOS+ at the dawn of the poly ball age.   
Players need to re-arm with this mighty thorn to gain a bigger wobble effect and more stable control. Chaos+ will increase the level of disruption and frustrate opponents. Meet the first long pips rubber truly designed to give you more points in the poly ball era.

KAIROS+

Nexy has closely followed the evolution of the new poly ball and concluded that the demand for short pips-out rubbers will increase dramatically as players rely more on speed than spin. But the poly ball performs differently, and the new rubber has to dance to that change. That’s why Nexy designed this rubber! KAIROS+ absorbs the ball deeper and grips it with more stability than its predecessor, KAIROS. These enhancements are exactly what a player needs to win big in this new age. Feel the difference and welcome the poly ball era with KAIROS+.

DEMIAN2+

The poly ball age has begun, and Nexy has carefully diagnosed their challenges and prepared a new weapon. DEMIAN2+ relies on the combined gripping power of the top sheet and sponge, not on the top sheet alone. DEMIAN2+ has a deeper impact and better gripping power to help players compensate for the spin resistant properties of the new ball. Feel the difference and welcome the poly ball era with DEMIAN2+.

In the novel, DEMIAN by Hermann Hesse, the author writes that after World War II, in spite of the sureness concerning God, the goodness, and the future of humankind being broken and scattered, a spirit in people to strive for awareness, harmony, and excellence still existed.

Man is not created to sit back in bitter frustration, even after the devastation of war. He must seek to achieve great things despite tragedy and adversity.

It is that spirit that Nexy respects and hopes to instill in its products. At Nexy, we do not claim to have all the answers, but that does not stop us from enduring and endeavoring. What matters most is the pursuit of something greater.

We proudly introduce DEMIAN2+ — a table tennis rubber with an unstoppable spirit.

Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 2:50am
The new Nexy + rubbers sound very promising. I can't wait to check them out, and being the EJ Madman . . . you know I will check them out! ;-).
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 3:05am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

The new Nexy + rubbers sound very promising. I can't wait to check them out, and being the EJ Madman . . . you know I will check them out! ;-).

I could get very good feedbacks from Korean users for Chaos +.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 4:34am
I just tried to order 2 sheets of Damian II +, but 20€ for shipping to Germany? 20€ for a small envelope?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 7:05pm
That is the problem with international orders, very few vendors have good deals with the post. It costs me USD $12 to ship one light blade to forum friends and I consider that kinda inexpensive.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I just tried to order 2 sheets of Damian II +, but 20€ for shipping to Germany? 20€ for a small envelope?

Sorry to bother you with that expensive fee.
I will check again about that.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

We checked it again.
Frankly speaking, shipping fee is huge between Korean and EU, and Amreica.
And that is the lowest we can get from our side.
I have been always trying to find a better service, but for now, that is the best price.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Smash View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 5:24am
Hi, The Damien+ has 37degrees sponge hardness written on the packaging.
Would this be accurate?
I thought that normal inverted rubbers were from about 40-50degrees sponge hardness.?
Thanks.

XIOM Hayabusa Zxi - Joola Zhyzm - Joola Zhyzm
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Smash Smash wrote:

Hi, The Damien+ has 37degrees sponge hardness written on the packaging.
Would this be accurate?
I thought that normal inverted rubbers were from about 40-50degrees sponge hardness.?
Thanks.

That hardness is adopting Japanese hardness standard.
It's almost the same as 42.5 degree by ESN.

Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2014 at 5:39pm
Nexy has been quiet lately. I can only assume they are in the lab, developing our next weapon!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 9:18pm

EUREKA !!
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 11:42pm

EUREKA !!

Ah ha! Did you discover something wonderful?
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 12:16am

Nexy New shirts and shorts, "Contrast". This uniform was made from one of highest quality fabrics.

[NEXY "CONTRAST" Shirts and Shorts]

Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:28am
awesome!!!

mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 8:32am
good stuff!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 9:14am
BH-Man has gotta wear that thing soon.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 9:31am
PPH likes the shorts....ALOT!
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 11:58am
Those uni's look GREAT. Red, Blue, and Black!!!! Those are my pong colors, and you put them all in one set . . . and they have the Nexy logo, which is also cool!
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2014 at 8:48pm

NEXY NEW SHOES, "PETRA PLUS"

nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 9:37pm

[Nexy's Water Project(fifth)]

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2014 at 9:42pm
We are constructing wells per each year. But this year, we could not make it, because the area was not possible to find a water source under the ground. So, they built up a storage for rain. I wish NEXY could build another well with the money left from this year's project, bigger and better than other years.
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2014 at 7:27am
mr. moon, nice project. do you help them in table tennis too? 

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2014 at 10:29am
Fantastic!
SolidEvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolidEvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2014 at 2:59pm

We checked it again.
Frankly speaking, shipping fee is huge between Korean and EU, and Amreica.
And that is the lowest we can get from our side.
I have been always trying to find a better service, but for now, that is the best price.

Oh this is one of those magical mystery areas where I can never manage to put my finger on the cause.
Once ordered and paid 6 euro to ship 35kg from UK to Netherlands.
At that time, the same 6 euro got me a less then 200 gram weighing package from HK.

Currently, I pretty much refuse to pay shipping on anything that is bought in Europe.
Heck, I don't usually pay shipping on anything I buy abroad either.

I understand that not every company is able to do this.
But you can buy 300 to 500 gram items these days without shipping from anywhere in the world,
and the product price is still the cheapest you will find anywhere.

Totally different note, really nice product line up!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 30>
  Share Topic