Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 30>
Author
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2014 at 7:48am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

mr. moon, nice project. do you help them in table tennis too? 

I tried to send table tennis table each times, but in the remote places, it's not possible to send a table, and usually they don't have a space under roof for it, either.
I wish I could set up one table in some place with our nexy well later.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Sponsored Links

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 4:40am
NEXY’S BLADE DESIGN HISTORY

Nexy’s web domain is very simple and easy to remember.
It’s difficult to find a good four-letter domain name for a brand these days.
I bought and registered the domain back in 2002.
I dreamt of opening a new brand with that name for many years, and finally in 2009, I launched www.Nexy.com.

1. FIRST GENERATION

My original idea for Nexy blades was much different than it is today.
I had been a Tibhar agent since 2007 and a Stiga agent since 2010.
I had the opportunity to study hundreds of good quality blades.
However, when I first began Nexy’s blade line I stopped studying blades and began analyzing my findings.

I focused on creating something very different from the blade line of those two brands.
I wanted Nexy to produce different blades rather than better blades.
If I tried to make better blades, then I would have been studying, upgrading, and copying part of Tibhar and Stiga’s original designs, which is something I was careful not to do!

Nexy’s first-generation had to be different; it had to be unique.
Therefore, I did not copy and improve other company’s blades; I created my own from scratch.

Nexy’s First-Generation (also called “The First Wave”) was born.
I aimed it to be incomparable to other brands.
I organized the blade design into five categories:

1.     5-ply, with Hinoki surface. Fastest ever 5-ply blade – DEXTER

2.     5-ply, with Hinoki surface with good feeling and a heavy touch – COLOR

3.     Hinoki carbon blade with a natural feeling – HANNIBAL

4.     Hinoki arylate carbon blade with a natural feeling – OSCAR

5.     Other blades: Hinoki Japanese penholder blades
       – ISKANDAR and TEMUJIN; Hinoki one-ply shakehand blade – LAUREL; Handmade carbon blade – SAHARA.

I tried to make those blades unique and I often used a Hinoki surface, partly because European brands did not have the top quality Hinoki, which separated Nexy blades from the two other brands.
I carefully studied carbon material. At that time, blade designers categorized carbon layers into either hard or soft carbon.
Hard carbon was Butterfly’s main material, while Stiga used soft carbon.
I tested many different types of carbon and arylate carbon layers.
I adopted a very light, but powerful carbon and arylate carbon layer for Hannibal and Oscar.
They provided a good feeling along with high speed and power.

After several months, Nexy’s first-generation blades were completed.
I was somewhat satisfied, but I felt something big was missing.
The blades were good, but not unique! They weren’t much different from other brands’ blades.
I thought deeply and questioned my intention and purpose for blade designing — And I would soon discover it!

 (will be continued soon)
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2014 at 8:50pm
NEXY's blade design history (2)

2. SECOND GENERATION

After completing the first-generation blades, I came up with a new concept that I called, “point and plane.”

Generally, table tennis rubbers and blades are judged by two factors — speed and control, and normally players think those two factors are interrelated. However, in most cases, speedy blades have worse control than slow blades.

Since the ITTF ban on speed gluing, the demand for spin greatly increased. Initially, many table tennis companies focused on how they could equip their rubbers with better speed, but soon realized they needed to focus more on spin. This caused a revolutionary development in rubber production.

As a blade designer, I also considered speed, control, and spin, and I tried to figure out how I could insert a powerful spin generating ability into my Nexy blades. That was the moment I came up with this new concept “point and plane”.

What makes a table tennis ball spin? Many people think that the ball rolls on the rubber when a player hits the ball. Actually, a ball does not roll — it impacts the rubber, twisting the top sheet and sponge. The ball is spun when the rubber tries to recover back to its original form. It’s all about the rubber’s character while returning to its original form.

Therefore, if you have a slow stroke, your rubber needs to respond accordingly to match your slow movement. But if you have fast stroke, your rubber needs to recoil quickly into its original shape.

If your movement is fast, but your rubber’s movement is slower than your swing, then your return will be weak. Regardless, it’s apparent that there is a crucial moment when a ball impacts the rubber, twists it, and is catapulted by the rubber recoiling to its original shape.

I chose to focus on this specific moment. If Nexy could make players experience that moment, then I could claim to have created something different.

I adopted the term “bang impact” in order to explain the explosive contact of a ball on the rubbers. The contact was so powerful that a ball could touch the wooden surface through the rubber.

I tried to design a blade that has a different character between blocking, standard strokes, and bang impact. The blade had to have several distinct functional features.

When a player uses the blade for blocking, it makes the ball fly short and gives the player a more stable defense. But for attacking, if a player makes a bang impact, then the ball is driven with power and speed. This is where I coined the term “dual impact” or “dual speed.”

In order to equip this dual impact to the second-generation blades, I slept many nights on the question, “How can I make dual impact possible on a real blade?” I rechecked all the blade compositions I went through and came to realize that there are two factors to consider. Those are “point” and “plane.”

In order to make the blade absorb the impact of the ball while blocking, I needed to use a “plane,” which means the whole blade acts to receive the power of the ball, embracing it and reducing it into something smaller.

But when I wanted to make a powerful shot in attacking, I needed to make use of the blade’s one spot as a solid point where the ball’s energy was focused and rebounded in the return. I also discovered the importance of designing an ideal width for each composition, which also affected the blade’s final character.

I attempted to combine one layer to serve as a “plane” and another layer to serve as a “point.” That was how I designed LISSOM. And that’s how Nexy’s second-generation began. Here is the list of those blades:

• SPEAR: Deep impact, solid response, and controlled dual impact.

• LISSOM: Maximized dual impact and oriented for continuous looping.

• CALIX: Big dual impact and extremely thin attacking blade (4.9mm)

• CALIX 2: Medium dual impact with moderate power and balanced feeling
           and speed.

• QABOD: Medium dual impact, with a solid feel and good speed.

• AMAZON: Controlled dual impact, using white ash surface wood and a
          balanced shape.

• SPARTACUS: Controlled dual impact, featuring Japanese Hinoki surface.

Edited by Nexy - 12/21/2014 at 8:51pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2014 at 11:42am
Looking forward to reading more . . . FANTASTIC!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2014 at 11:52pm

NEXY BEST WISHES

Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2014 at 2:26am
My Christmas wish: I hope in additional to pure speed this blade has
1. extrem kick that makes allround rubbers like speed glued.
2. harder feel for loop kill.
3. use of hide glue, maybe.
4. available in ST, FL, AN, CO,...
5. no wrb and has a metal logo. :)

Edited by thethinker - 12/25/2014 at 2:27am
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2014 at 10:23am
Originally posted by nexy.com nexy.com wrote:

NEXY BEST WISHES

Haha Manager Lee, I bet your in-house web designer had just a little to do with making this hehe.

You coming out with more Kim Jung Hoon teaching vids in Jan 2015?

Schöne Neues !!
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 8:16pm
3. THIRD GENERATION

While focusing on “dual impact,” I tried to scatter that concept on a variety of blades, from fast carbon blade (QABOD) to thin and slower carbon blade (CALIX), to embracing limba surface (SPEAR) and kiso Hinoki (SPARTACUS).

Along the way I discovered the benefits of burnt wooden material.
I tested many kinds of burnt woods, and I applied the burning process to a few of Nexy’s elite second-generation blades, CALIX, CALIX 2, and QABOD.
I also applied the burnt wood technique to Amazon and Spartacus. When a wood layer is burnt, it becomes thinner and lighter, which make the layer slightly different from a raw wooden layer.

After extensive research, I realized how attractive a blade made with burnt wood could be.
But unlike the second-generation blades, I decided not to burn all the plies of the third-generation line.
Instead, I focused more on how I could support the natural raw wooden surface with the burnt wood core, thus creating a light and speedy blade.

For the second-generation, I tried to apply dual impact for varieties of raw wooden to completely burnt blades, starting with the thinnest attacking blade CALIX, to the fast attacking blade QABOD, to the soft Hinoki surface blade SPARTACUS, to thin but hard surface white ash AMAZON and LISSOM.
The second-generation blades covered a wide range of speed and feeling. I extensively experimented until I found what is good and unique.

Three years of testing led to the Nexy’s third-generation, which is different from other two generations in the following three ways:

1. Third generation blades use a raw wooden surface, but the center layers are burnt.

2. Speed, size, and feeling converge!
I did not want to make them very fast, but not slow either.
All the blades are rated approximately Off-, but they are very fast when they are used for looping with “bang impact”.
“Dual Impact” was also converged on a moderate scale.
Touch and an excellent feeling were also noticeable.

Most blades aimed to provide a pleasant, rather than huge feeling and vibration.
They were not too stiff, not too flexy.
Overall, the third-generation blades were a unified group of attacking blades with “moderate dual impact” and “light and pleasant feeling.”
Each with a balanced weight and size.

3. Nexy adopted the new concept “depth” for the third-generation blades.
I studied my development of the second-generation blades, and came up with this concept — It’s not about blade’s thickness, nor is it about the actual depth; It’s about where the impact of the ball is felt inside the blade.

Regarding “depth,” in general, two factors are considered when designing a blade — speed and control.
But Nexy introduced another factor when designing the “second-generation” blades.
I applied “dual impact” and that significantly affected the “spin generating ability.”
That was a very attractive concept.
It intoxicated me, and I continued to focus on it.
But I came to realize that “Dual Impact” also needed to be modulated.

The third-generation blades hover around moderate scale.
But this process opened my eyes for the next level of blade design. That was a concept of “depth.”

At some point I stopped writing continuously about how I develop blades, and I did not say much about Nexy’s third-generation.
However, the third-generation blades are really well thought out and carefully conceptualized down to the smallest detail, such as “dual impact”, weight balance, handle comfort, spin, speed, and even “depth” — where players feel the ball.

I realized that “depth” is the very core factor that characterizes a certain feature of a blade.
For example, I used a thin but hard wooden surface for the KIM JUNG HOON blade, which was released under the Tibhar brand name.
It is supported by a soft, but pointing (converging the blade power on one point) second layer.

If I did not use a soft second layer, then the blade would not have enough depth to generate good control and spin.
If I increased the surface thickness, then the depth would not rely on the soft second layer, and ball would only be felt on the surface.
That would kill the good functional feature of the KIM JUNG HOON blade. This blade’s biggest feature is to make the ball bounce high.
Even an experienced blocker will be surprised when a ball flies higher than the usual curve, and that was possible by this “depth” arrangement.

For Hinoki surface blades, such as INCA (another Tibhar blade, but designed by me) and ARIRANG, I tried to support the soft Hinoki surface with composite layers and blade surface thickness.
I also carefully considered the depth of the impact. As a result, all the blades were carefully examined with the fourth factor; “depth.”

SUMMARY

Nexy’s first-generation focused on “speed” and “control,” the second-generation added, “spin,” and the third-generation added “depth.”

Here is the list of the third-generation blades:

•PETERPAN: Powerful, but balanced 5-ply blade.

•INCA: Speedy, but light feeling Hinoki carbon blade

•ARIRANG: Powerful carbon blade with aramid carbon layer

•KIM JUNG HOON: Powerful 7-ply blade with a high curve, long trajectory, and moderate dual impact

•OZ (Chinese Penholder only). Powerful attacking blade with a Hinoki surface.

•AKTIUM: Defensive blade with different surface woods on each side

•KANAPH: This is 3.5-generation blade, following the third-generation. It is a thin, but speedy Hinoki carbon blade.
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2014 at 8:18pm
Fabulous! I can't wait to see Nexy's future generations.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 7:44pm
I am designing three blades, now.
Chedech is about to be released in a few days, and two others are "AKRASIA" and "ZEALOT".

ZEALOT is fast wooden blade, developed from "KIM JUNG HOON".
AKRASIA is the one I started to design with the aim to make the fastest blade in the world.

Here you can see the picture of those two blades.

Edited by Nexy - 12/30/2014 at 7:45pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 8:07pm
wow this is good news!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2014 at 9:48pm
hopefully AKRASIA has the same "not-so-fast-at-slower-speeds" feature like KANAPH :)
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2014 at 1:54am
Wow. The Akrasia design looks wonderful (maybe one of the best looking blades ever) Thumbs Up
but this weapon will be definitely too fast for me.

I am looking forward to read some more informations about Zealot (also a very nice design) and Chedech (I am missing the description and pictures of this blade).

By the way: wonderful idea, to summary the three generations of Nexy-blades with their different features. Thumbs Up Hug Clap
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Wow. The Akrasia design looks wonderful (maybe one of the best looking blades ever) Thumbs Up
but this weapon will be definitely too fast for me.

I am looking forward to read some more informations about Zealot (also a very nice design) and Chedech (I am missing the description and pictures of this blade).

By the way: wonderful idea, to summary the three generations of Nexy-blades with their different features. Thumbs Up Hug Clap

Thank you.

Chedech will be very very good weapon for poly ball age.
I will prepare a detailed information soon.

Zealot will be the right blade, if you have been using 5 ply wooden blade, and stil want to keep that feelings onto the poly ball blade.
Also more information will follow soon.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 3:15am
Originally posted by _maddic _maddic wrote:

hopefully AKRASIA has the same "not-so-fast-at-slower-speeds" feature like KANAPH :)

AKRASIA has a kind of sticky feeling with the slow attacking shot, and you will find it very easy to use when you want to attac the very low ball away from the table. So, even though you feel this blade is very fast, still you don't lose your technique for a slow shots. You can take my word as it is.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 3:21am
Here is the lens I prepared for AKRASIA and ZEALOT.

And also I attach a picture file how I wrote the letter of "ZEALOT".

Brand Manager of NEXY
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Here is the lens I prepared for AKRASIA and ZEALOT.

And also I attach a picture file how I wrote the letter of "ZEALOT".

My Life for Aiur? GG WP! :D
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2015 at 8:52am
I do like the zealot alot
I hope its faster then lissom and with the control of the spartacus. Can you tell something about that mr Moon?
set up: Donic WSC

fh Cornileau target Pro GT H47

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2015 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by elmo51 elmo51 wrote:

I do like the zealot alot
I hope its faster then lissom and with the control of the spartacus. Can you tell something about that mr Moon?

Yes, it's surely faster than LISSOM, and have very good feeling and control, too.
I will give more information later on.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2015 at 10:13am
Zealot, with its name and spec, is very attractive.
I hope to see an another variant of Limba outer blade, and hoping to try it.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2015 at 8:46pm
Dear readers,

I have a news for you.
NEXY found good friends in USA, and opened a new door.
William Waltrip has been sincere friend for me for long years in Korea, and now he is running new NEXY business in America with Sutanit Tangyingyang.

I trust both of them, and believe that they will run NEXY business with trust and detailed care.

And their web site will help people to reduce the cost for delivery.
Direct delivery from Korea to USA and Canada costs a lot, and that have been a main issue for many people in America, who love to buy NEXY.

Please, welcome my friends Willam and Sutanit, and have a look at their new web site www.nexyusa.com .

With thanks, Oscar from Korea.
Brand Manager of NEXY
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 12:10am
Thanks for the nice words Oscar.

I will likely start a thread to discuss my vison for US Table Tennis and another for general talk about Nexy USA (Maybe we call it Nexy USA Blog or Diary) kinda like your blade diary, but separate so we don't clog up your diary.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2015 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Dear readers, . . . Please, welcome my friends Willam and Sutanit, and have a look at their new web site www.nexyusa.com. With thanks, Oscar from Korea.

Best of luck, Fellas. I know you'll do well. I look forward to future biz with you.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 12:49am
NEXY’S THREE-STAR BALL

NEXY has released a new ball, and it was not developed overnight.

It took more than 2-years to investigate the properties that made a “good ball,” and finally we discovered a recipe to make a “great ball.”

If players look for a real value, we are quite sure that this ball will lead the market!

Key Features of the new NEXY ball:

•     Strong and durable. Many players are still using NEXY balls, even after 3-months of playing. The NEXY ball can withstand months of hard-hitting. => Some of the other balls cannot!

•     High, accurate bounce. Players can expect where the NEXY ball will come, because it has a steady and stable movement. The NEXY ball has higher bounce, which allows a vivid feeling during play. => Some of the other balls have lower bounce, and some actually have an irregular bounce, which distracts players.

•     Responsive. Responds quickly and positively to player’s strokes within expectable range. => Some of the other balls seem to absorb power and do not reach high speeds, even when exerting maximum power — this can cause a player to completely lose interest in playing.

•     Trustworthy movement. Enjoyable to play with — not too light, not too slow. => Some of the other balls are ultra-light and feel like a toy ball, and some are way too slow and heavy, which robs players of their enjoyment.

Seam vs. Seamless Ball.

The new NEXY ball has no seam.
I’d like to explain the different properties between seamless balls and balls with a seam.
You may discover why the NEXY ball is so good.

A Ball with a Seam.

When a ball with a seam is dissected, it is obvious that one part is thicker than the other.
This proves that the two halves were joined together.

If you analyze the thicker part, you would notice a small triangle that is not an isosceles triangle.

Therefore it cannot have an equal weight balance between the two hemispheres.

A careful comparison between a seamed ball and a NEXY seamless ball reveals an obvious difference.
Many people believe that a round ball will have an expectable, stable bounce and movement.

However, the bounce is not only due to the external shape, but also the internal shape and the weight balance from inside.

Look inside the NEXY ball.

It has no seam!

Therefore, it has no weight problem, and the ball’s movement is stable and consistent.

Plastic balls have less elasticity, so when there is seam, the impact on the ball stops around the seam, because that part is thicker.

As a result, the thicker part has different bounce response, and the ball reacts and bounces differently depending upon where the ball impacts.
A plastic ball with a seam ball will also bounce differently according to where it hits the table.

In addition, it can easily break! These phenomena were not a factor with celluloid balls, because they are more elastic; so, even the seamed part did not alter the bounce and movement.

But with PVC material, the seam greatly influences the final movement and durability.

In conclusion, the seam generates irregular movements, inconsistent bounces, and is weaker than the seamless ball.

How does NEXY compare to other seamless balls?

Are all the balls made at the same factory the same?
No!

Each ball has its own recipe, and each brand has its own equity for that recipe. Just like rubbers, which are different even if manufactured at the same facility.

NEXY wanted to create a ball that is as close as possible to the Celluloid ball — not one that felt too light and fragile like a toy ball. We knew that players had an expected dynamic range for balls.

So, NEXY designed a ball that responds to the player’s power for each and every stroke.
If a player hits with more power, the ball will fly at a higher speed; if a player hits with less power, the ball will fly a slower speed.

For example, some of the other brand’s balls have a speed and spin limit, which as a result, limits the player’s playing ability.

But NEXY allows players to feel that they are playing with the right power, because the NEXY ball does not have any a built-in limit.

Meet this new ball, and enjoy NEXY’s latest triumph!

Edited by Nexy - 02/05/2015 at 12:57am
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 7:16am
I never understood some of the players' fascination with a seamed ball . . . perhaps they liked it because they were used to seeing a seam. I don't know. I like a seamless ball . . . everything Nexy cited makes sense to me, plus I like the way it looks  . . . so cool without a seam. I should also mention that after thousands of rallies with one of the early Nexy balls . . . only one broke and it was stepped on.

Edited by tommyzai - 02/05/2015 at 7:17am
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 11:53am
I was recently asked, "Hello Tommy Zai! You seem very pationate about nexy blades. Could you enlighten me what it is about them that is so great? I'm very curious as I've never used one."

I decided to post my answer. 

I'm happy to get your PM. I've been buying, trading, selling . . . and of course . . . playing with blades for many years. I have a physical imitations that have prevented me from overcoming a 1700 level. Still, I train hard and look carefully into anything that will give me an edge, i.e., equipment and techniques. What I like about Nexy blades is this . . . . the designer is obsessed. Oscar is on a quest to create the ultimate blades for each playing style. He takes so much pride in what he does and spends countless hours and money researching and developing. With each generation of Nexy blades, they are improved and fine-tuned. I also like supporting a company that is up-and-coming and growing. Nexy uses the best material and always makes something unique. If you are looking for something that is more common, I would go with the big manufacturers, but if you want something special that is not a handmade blade . . . Nexy is the way to go. Also, I like that they are active on the forum and listen to suggestions. They are almost like MYTT and OOAK forums personal blade specialist. Little by little I have been liquidating other stuff made by other brands . . . even my jerseys. It's fun for me to wear and play with Nexy stuff and have other players ask, "What's that you're using?" I think their prices will also come down for USA and Canadian buyers as there is now a Nexy USA that has inexpensive shipping.

I think Nexy is the way to go. The only question is . . . what blade to buy? They have a several!

I hope my answer helps.

Tommy Zai

Edited by tommyzai - 02/05/2015 at 12:05pm
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 1:29pm
Hello! I'm very interested in trying out a nexy blade but would like recomendations as to which blade i should purchase. I play a very traditional "correct form", as i have been coached for 5 years before going off on my own to continue my table tennis career. I currently play with just a 5 ply all wood blade but wouldn't be opposed to trying something a little faster. I prefer a blade under 90 grams and play with forms of tenergy on both sides. Also I like a larger handle that is straight and more squared opposed to round (but this is also not a big deal to change as i've adapted to small flared or anatomic in the past) Predominately i open with a backhand flip or a very heavy long push so if they push it back it will be and easy attack as it will come long. Thank you for the help!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I was recently asked, "Hello Tommy Zai! You seem very pationate about nexy blades. Could you enlighten me what it is about them that is so great? I'm very curious as I've never used one."

I decided to post my answer. 

I'm happy to get your PM. I've been buying, trading, selling . . . and of course . . . playing with blades for many years. I have a physical imitations that have prevented me from overcoming a 1700 level. Still, I train hard and look carefully into anything that will give me an edge, i.e., equipment and techniques. What I like about Nexy blades is this . . . . the designer is obsessed. Oscar is on a quest to create the ultimate blades for each playing style. He takes so much pride in what he does and spends countless hours and money researching and developing. With each generation of Nexy blades, they are improved and fine-tuned. I also like supporting a company that is up-and-coming and growing. Nexy uses the best material and always makes something unique. If you are looking for something that is more common, I would go with the big manufacturers, but if you want something special that is not a handmade blade . . . Nexy is the way to go. Also, I like that they are active on the forum and listen to suggestions. They are almost like MYTT and OOAK forums personal blade specialist. Little by little I have been liquidating other stuff made by other brands . . . even my jerseys. It's fun for me to wear and play with Nexy stuff and have other players ask, "What's that you're using?" I think their prices will also come down for USA and Canadian buyers as there is now a Nexy USA that has inexpensive shipping.

I think Nexy is the way to go. The only question is . . . what blade to buy? They have a several!

I hope my answer helps.

Tommy Zai

Hey Tommy, I think you hit upon what separates Nexy from other mainstream big companies. Nexy likes to take time to research different possible combinations in a way no one else put on market to suit styles of play not commonly supported or makes an evolution of stuff already on market. Pr. Moon shares his "help" missions and for blades, he considers many different players' styles and focuses on the feel at impact.

What doesn't get as much hype is the line of bags, shoes and clothes. All of those rock. It is fun to answer the question of "What is that leaf?" it leads into what Nexy Korea President does. Everyone knows a Pastor doesn't have THAT kind of leaf for a company symbol. It took some serious courage to make that a company symbol.  

I really liked my Orange Nexy Sunset jersey I wore everywhere with our KFTTC all over it, but I am looking forward to the Contrast Jersey.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

Hello! I'm very interested in trying out a nexy blade but would like recomendations as to which blade i should purchase. I play a very traditional "correct form", as i have been coached for 5 years before going off on my own to continue my table tennis career. I currently play with just a 5 ply all wood blade but wouldn't be opposed to trying something a little faster. I prefer a blade under 90 grams and play with forms of tenergy on both sides. Also I like a larger handle that is straight and more squared opposed to round (but this is also not a big deal to change as i've adapted to small flared or anatomic in the past) Predominately i open with a backhand flip or a very heavy long push so if they push it back it will be and easy attack as it will come long. Thank you for the help!

We don't stock EVERY wood blade Nexy created, but we stock several at the moment and more as we do business in USA.

Nexy doesn't assign overall speeds to their blades as many are "Dual Impact" and have "Gears" but many consider the speed for solid struck 70-80% power on fast loops as the benchmark for speed. I played mostly FL when I tested the wood blades of Nexy and ST for the composite ones. I really liked the ST handle of the Calix series, it is exactly what you are looking for, but that lineup is specialty composite composition. I liked the control of Calix II, but again, it is a carbon blade and you are looking for all wood options.

I will run down some of the options and I have already made descriptions of the blades on the nexyusa.com website.

It kinda sounds like you are looking for an OFF MINUS to low end OFF wood blade. These are the wood blades we carry right now.

LISSOM is a great blade with excellent feel and control and an excellent choice for an allround offensive game, but it isn't very fast on the fast loops and I think you are looking for something with a little more "kick" on the high end.

SPEAR fits your specs and it is the most reasonable priced blade Nexy offers. I long term tested it when it hit market and it was what you are looking for. Mild dual impact effect.

Peter Pan is also right in your specs as it is a very versatile OFF- to very low end OFF speed on the fast loop. Great feel and good control, Weight is mostly under 90 and Korean pros want the heaviest available. Burned core.

Kim Jung Hoon blade is based on his experience of using Peter Pan and I actually was there when KJH asked Pr. Moon to make his blade and Pr. Moon explained all how the process to design, test, modify, and finalize a blade for market. KJH wanted a 7 ply wood blade with his name and he got it.

Any of those blades will play the style of game you describe well with Tenergy, even if Lissom doesn't pack the high end heat you are wanting. Peter Pan and KJH blades are the latest generation of the ones we have.

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 5:46pm
Thank you for the great reply bh-man! After reading about each of the blades the calyx series blades seem to appeal to me most as they are thin and flexible making me believe they won't be too heavy. What are the biggest differences between the two Calix blades? Also what are the handles like on the two?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 30>
  Share Topic