FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 30>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 6:08pm
I only used straight handle and I liked the Calix II the best. Calix is great as well, but Calix II had a little extra top end I liked a lot. The Calix series has the squared handle you crave, very comfy, but it is a carbon blade. Still, Calix and Calix II have a lot of Control. Qabod is a fast blade power hitters will love. You could play a flexible offensive came with Calix I/II even if it isn't all wood. I gave you the descriptions of all wood blades since you indicated that is what you used.

EDIT: The handles for both felt same to me. The models I tested of Calix I/II were in the 80s gram range. 

Calix is the most unique being so thin and a tad slower with more dual impact effect, there is a good soft defense with it. The Calix II is slightly thicker and played and felt to me like a somewhat slower version of TBS with a more moderate dual impact effect. Both blades can bang it when you are trying to hit hard vs a loop.

Edited by BH-Man - 02/05/2015 at 6:12pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2015 at 9:36pm
Will be ship tomorrow - Priority mail.
86 grams as requested.
+ free 6 Nexy poly balls.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 8:34am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Will be ship tomorrow - Priority mail.
86 grams as requested.
+ free 6 Nexy poly balls.

thank you so much. Wonderful customer service that seems like it really cares! Also extremely fast with responses and very helpful! 
 +1
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 9:16pm

NEXY is proud to introduce CHEDECH!

The name comes from the Hebrew word meaning, “righteousness.”
People think righteousness is a matter of each person’s rightful share, but it’s also related to the social system and structure.

Righteousness should run through society, pressing what is right along the way.
With this in mind, NEXY envisioned Chedech as a wheel spinning its way through human history on the blade.

CHEDECH is NEXY’s 4th generation blade.
When NEXY released Kanaph, we had unique ideas about what would be good for poly ball play.
We called Kanaph a 3.5th generation blade because it was not the final answer! CHEDECH is our first 4th generation blade.

What is the functional uniqueness for 4th generation blades?

1.     More of a focus on “point” than “plane.”
This means that 4th generation blades will have a deeper impact, and the power can be felt converging on a certain point.
The blade will not respond as a whole plane, thus vibration will decrease.

2.     Deeper impact.
In general, the “depth” of the impact point will be deeper than the second and third generation blades.
The poly ball is bigger and has a heavier feeling, so the blade has to support the impact with a stronger force.
Therefore, the 4th generation blades will have more depth allowing the blade’s total force to support that point.

3.     Wider sweet spot.
The poly ball is bigger and feels heavier, so players will need a more stable stroke.

4.     Greater emphasis on speed.
The new poly ball era often requires more speed.
So, the element of speed is a higher priority than previous generations

(NEXY tried to converge on a certain area for all 3rd generation blades, not trying to scatter too many different speeds and features as 2nd generation).

In addition to the 4-points listed above, CHEDECH features an additional factor.
Previous generations of NEXY blades had three factors, i.e., “point,” “plane,” and “line.” But unlike “point” and “plane,” the factor “line” is mainly related to the surface wood.

NEXY has used Hinoki wood for many blades’ surfaces, because Hinoki excels in the feature of “line.” “Line” means the power to hold the ball and make the ball stick onto the surface.
When you play with Hinoki you can feel the ball is moving on the surface, as it feels sticky, and I call that “line” because the blade surface holds the ball and the ball rolls on one line on the blade.

This rolling feeling is a very important factor, and NEXY cherishes that feature. Many NEXY blades were made with a Hinoki top ply.

In order to welcome the “poly ball age,” NEXY is now proudly introducing a unique surface wood, which has a similar feeling as Hinoki, but slightly different.
It has less stickiness, which allows better control and an easier stroke.
However, it has a lot of power, with more durability than Hinoki wood. Hinoki has a very sophisticated character.

When it is cut thin, it does not embrace the ball with good control, so it needs to be cut thicker than typical surface wood layers.
But, when the ply is cut thick, it becomes too soft and there is a loss of speed.

So, it’s vital to find a right thickness per each blade design.
Yet, when we consider the poly ball’s heavier feeling and larger size, it’s not easy to make a good Hinoki surface blade.

CHEDECH uses Wenge wood in order to emulate the “line” characteristic of Hinoki when using a celluloid ball without sacrificing speed.

Alas! Meet NEXY’s new generation blade — CHEDECH!

It has a new surface and character.
NEXY vows to continue designing equipment to satisfy players around the world with unstoppable study and experimentation, supported by many years of experience.

And here goes CHEDECH to you.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 10:31pm
ST handle look nice.
Wenge wood, that's something new to nexy brand.
I usually saw it on Yinhe and various chinese product.

> <

Edited by Crowsfeather - 02/06/2015 at 10:34pm
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 11:10pm
whoa beautiful blade!!!!! wenge outer plies i assume?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2015 at 4:58am
Oh noooo ! Shocked 
I am still waiting impatient for the Zealot, and what happens? Another "must have" Wacko

Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

I am looking forward to read some more informations about Zealot (also a very nice design) and Chedech (I am missing the description and pictures of this blade).

Thank you.

Chedech will be very very good weapon for poly ball age.
I will prepare a detailed information soon.

Zealot will be the right blade, if you have been using 5 ply wooden blade, and still want to keep that feelings onto the poly ball blade. Also more information will follow soon.

We need more informations Mr. Moon (thickness, head size, weight, characteristics, ...).
Checech = wenge - burned ayous - composite layer (arylate-carbon) - burned core ?

You are killing me with your blades. Wink 
mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2015 at 8:06am
that blade is a beauty!
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2015 at 10:15am
Really, beautiful blade. Bravo! A little specific info - thickness, type of composite  - will help. Thanks for your passion!  
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 2:53am

Oh noooo ! Shocked 
I am still waiting impatient for the Zealot, and what happens? <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Another "must have" </span>Wacko

Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I am looking forward to read some more informations about Zealot (also a very nice design) and Chedech (I am missing the description and pictures of this blade).</span>

Thank you.

Chedech will be very very good weapon for poly ball age.
I will prepare a detailed information soon.

Zealot will be the right blade, if you have been using 5 ply wooden blade, and still want to keep that feelings onto the poly ball blade. Also more information will follow soon.

We need more informations Mr. Moon (thickness, head size, weight, characteristics, ...).
Checech = wenge - burned ayous - composite layer (arylate-carbon) - burned core ?

You are killing me with your blades. Wink 

I am sorry, but I have to tell you that NEXY is not a fast brand.
Normally, I spend more than a year in designing and testing a blade.
So, ZEALOT needs a lot more time to be completed.
Still I am not sure about the composition, and checking three different structures for now.
Therefore, please, forget it, and enjoy your current gear, and after several months later, you will meet ZEALOT.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 2:59am
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

Really, beautiful blade. Bravo! A little specific info - thickness, type of composite  - will help. Thanks for your passion!  

The thickness is 5.8mm, and the size is 150 x 158.
Structure will not be revealed, as I have been doing.
But I can tell you that the surface wood is WENGE.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 3:42am

Edited by Nexy - 02/26/2015 at 3:47am
Brand Manager of NEXY
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 5:56am
mr. moon, can't see the pic
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 2:11am

Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 2:46am
They are two of the loveliest blades ever . . . Wow!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 7:33am
zealot handle reminds me of liu shiwen handle

Click the picture for feedback ^
mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 12:36pm
Those blades are looking absolutely amazing!!!
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 4:33pm
They LOOK nice !
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 4:41pm
The look . . . the feel . . . the performance . . . the innovation . . . 

These are only some of the reasons why Tommy Zai has switched to NEXY. I am dumping all other brands, e.g., http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70566&PN=1#858804
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

The look . . . the feel . . . the performance . . . the innovation . . . 

These are only some of the reasons why Tommy Zai has switched to NEXY. I am dumping all other brands, e.g., http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70566&PN=1#858804

Once you go nexy, you don't go back. I'm astonished that they haven't blown up yet, people just tend to dislike change.

Click the picture for feedback ^
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 5:20pm
Mr. Moon,
Some time ago you wrote:

> Zealot will be the right blade, if you have been using 5 ply wooden blade, and stil want to keep that feelings onto the poly ball blade.

Now, from the above pictures it seems that Zealot has a 7-ply construction. Can you be more specific? Why is this a 5-ply for the poly ball? Is it like Lissom, that has the 3 center plies with parallel veneers?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Mr. Moon,
Some time ago you wrote:

> Zealot will be the right blade, if you have been using 5 ply wooden blade, and stil want to keep that feelings onto the poly ball blade.

Now, from the above pictures it seems that Zealot has a 7-ply construction. Can you be more specific? Why is this a 5-ply for the poly ball? Is it like Lissom, that has the 3 center plies with parallel veneers?

Zealot is 5 ply blade. I just wanted to tell you that ZEALOT will be the representative 5 ply blade for NEXY's 4th. generation. This is 5ply blade, with good feeling and power. And if you like 5 ply blade's general features, then you can have one from NEXY's 4th. generation bladew, which were aiming at poly ball age.
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:32am
Great news, thanks. I asked because in the pictures it really looks like it is 7-ply (or is it just my impression?). I'm looking forward to Zealot, then!
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 1:32am
I forgot to add that I'd be very curious to see the ST handles...
Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2015 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

I forgot to add that I'd be very curious to see the ST handles...

They will be released in June, so, be patient.
I need to study a few more details before finalizing them as sellable blades.
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2015 at 10:46pm
They will be worth the wait, I'm sure! Super.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 6:25pm
will there be a cpen version of the zealot? or any of the new 4th generation blades? 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 10:55pm
Has anyone tried Chedech yet ?

i really love my kanaph , thinking of trying out chedech too
since kanaph is 3.5 and chedech is 4 , really peaks my interest to feel the difference.

but 250USD is in the ultra pricy range , would be good to know a little before diving in.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 10:42am
I have Chedech, and think its a sweet blade. You are correct . . . it is similar to Kanaph, but different in some unique ways. I have been planning to write a review, but it's not ready yet. More later . . .
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2015 at 3:50am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

will there be a cpen version of the zealot? or any of the new 4th generation blades? 

Of course, Zealot will be released with C-pen handle.
You can meet them within two weeks from today.
Brand Manager of NEXY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 30>
  Share Topic