FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 30>
Author
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 12:35am
AKRASIA

The sport of table tennis entered a new age when poly balls were released into the market. To meet the changing demands, Nexy designed a new wave of blades called the “4th Generation.” KANAPH was released in between the 3rd and 4th Generations and featured several points that distinguished it from previous models. One of the key features was a wider sweet spot that was attained by a larger head size. However, one of the latest 4th Generation blades, AKRASIA, has a more compact head design. So, what are some of the other features that are unique to the most recent generation of Nexy blades?

Nexy still believes that a larger sweet spot is key for poly ball play, and a larger head certainly increases the sweet spot. But a bigger blade is also heavier, which exponentially increases in weight when large rubbers are affixed on both sides. Therefore, it’s important to find a optimal balance between head size and weight.

When I began designing AKRASIA, I started with a larger head size, but with the aim of making it the fastest blade in the world. Not surprisingly, I had a few challenges I needed to overcome! Firstly, the blade needed to be solid and not too thin, but keeping the weight down seemed impossible, and I worried that this was becoming an unreachable project. Secondly, If the blade was super fast, it might also be super bouncy, which would not allow the ball to stay on the racket long enough to generate good spin. These were difficult problems I needed to solve. I knew how to make a fast blade, and I knew how to make a spinny blade. My challenge was making a blade that was both fast and spinny! Also, if the blade was very fast, players would have trouble controlling the direction of the ball, especially when blocking the opponent’s attacking shots. So, my homework assignment for AKRASIA was three-fold — I needed to design a really fast blade that was not too heavy, not too bouncy, and equipped with good control.

The second and third problems (speed vs. spin and control) were easily solved. I designed AKRASIA with a big “dual speed” system. It can be extravagantly fast when used for attacking, yet feel slow and easily controllable when used for blocking and serving. However, solving the first problem (weight) was not so easy to figure out.

One of the unique qualities of Nexy is that all products go through an extensive design and development process, and AKRASIA was no exception! When I tried to find the optimum balance between weight and sweet spot the answer came from the thickness. When a blade is thick with a smaller head size, the sweet spot is maintained and vibration is low. I tested many different sizes and finally decided to make AKRASIA even smaller than the 3rd Generation blades. It’s not a huge difference and is still larger than most compact head designs, though I think experienced players will take notice. Still, the blade is strong with a large sweet spot, and it gives a trustworthy feeling without much vibration. This is also accomplished by the insertion of a special high quality composite material.

AKRASIA is a very, very fast blade. Nexy has never indicated speed data ratings, but I believe Nexy has met the challenge and succeeded in creating the fastest legal blade in the world. This has been attainable through Nexy’s “dual speed” system, which is perfectly suited for AKRASIA. This functional feature provides a great advantage in fulfilling the extreme harmony between weight, speed, and spin — in all positions and with all intentions.
Please note, this system is not an ideal feature for all players and for all blades. AKRASIA is designed for players who desire extreme attacking power with quick conversion to safe blocking. Such a player will go crazy over this mighty beast!

It is also well-suited to help beginners learn the correct angle for fast looping by aiming at the “point” feature, which allows players to feel the ball’s impact as a sharp point. The spot where the ball’s impact is felt on the blade is deeper than the average attacking blade. And, this will help players realize the proper swing movement when making a strong attacking shot. As a result, AKRASIA could become a beginner’s personal trainer.

Before closing this blade description, I want to leave one final note about the name “AKRASIA.” People often dream of happiness, but joy is not always easy to obtain. That’s why players sweat while training. This blade seems ideal, because it all began as special request from several players. And, as a designer, I honestly can say that this blade is a real “AKRASIA.” Isn’t this freakishly fast blade too attractive to ignore?

Brand Manager of NEXY
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 12:40am
 Akrasia sounds like a beast! I can't wait to check it out.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 2:58am
Too much dual speed is not easy to control.
But it sounds great to me.

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 4:56am
I could not upload the images here.
I will retry in the next page.

Edited by Nexy - 05/27/2015 at 5:46am
Brand Manager of NEXY
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 5:41am
I can't believe that I can't see the pictures.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 5:45am

Edited by Nexy - 05/27/2015 at 5:47am
Brand Manager of NEXY
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 6:03am
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 11:29am
The Zealot is 5 ply allwood right ? 
I must try this blade.....
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 1:32pm
@Nexy what is a fast blade? I have heard many different variations of why one blade is called faster then another blade.  The other issue how is blade speed measured?

thanks in advance for your response
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 2:10pm
what's the thickness of the akrasia prototype?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:52pm
Thank you for the inquiry.
But I think I already answered in my previous articles.

Basically, Nexy does not understand "Fast" as only possible to be judged by "speed" factor.
It's very complex.
The physical data can not tell much about what blade is fast.

For this blade, AKRASIA, I tried to maximize the power of bounce, but I also tried to maximize the generation of spin, by adopting extreme "dual speed system" in it.
And you can feel the impact happens deeper than other brand blades.
Those things will cooperate to make the blade "fast".

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

what's the thickness of the akrasia prototype?

It's 7mm.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:53pm
ZEALOT

Nexy uniquely writes detailed articles for each blade. You may be curious to know why other brands don’t provide such comprehensive descriptions about their blades. There could be many answers, but I think the most obvious and simple answer is that they cannot spend the time eulogizing upon the release of each new product. Most brands produce without focusing on creating something different from previous models, so they cannot repeat the same explanation for each blade. Even though they might be fortunate enough to produce something better than before, they still cannot claim that their new blades are better because that would upset customers who bought previous models.

As for Nexy, I do not try to upgrade, but rather I try to focus on what I want to make at that specific moment. So, most blades are somewhat different from previous models. Nevertheless, I strongly believe that Nexy has grown and improved, especially with ZEALOT, which represents a huge step forward. This blade features all the good things Nexy has been endeavoring to equip in its blades, and I have some information to share to illustrate all the upgraded features.

One of the differences between the 3rd and 4th Generation blades is that the balance point of features has shifted. Speed is now more emphasized. With celluloid balls, Nexy did not focus as much on speed. When you compare the 3rd and 4th Generations you will notice that 4th Generation blades are generally a little faster without being thicker. In this way, Nexy has certainly advanced. The easiest way to add speed is to make the blade thicker, but Nexy’s 4th Generation will not be that way, except for AKRASIA, which has been created by players’ request, not from the designer’s own concept.

The second feature is “point” factor. Nexy’s latest designs focus on this element, which allows players to feel the impact of the ball on one focused point and at a specific depth, not on the whole plane. When I designed ZEALOT, I tried to understand that this “point” factor is not only a sharp point on the blade, but also a wider area that allows players to feel the entire impact zone of the ball. Still, it’s not the whole blade, but a specific area that we can call “point.” I previously mentioned this concept during the release of CHEDECH, because I thought it was important to understand that the “point” factor is wider than the 3rd Generation for optimal use with the poly ball. For the 3rd Generation, I tried to design a blade with very sharp point factor, almost like a needle’s point. But with the 4th Generation, I made this point wider to cover the entire impact zone of the ball.

This concept inspired me to find new surface woods. I used Wenge wood for CHEDECH and a special secret wood for ZEALOT. This unique and mysterious top ply gives players a wider point area on the blade, which allows a more stable stroke per each movement without sacrificing speed. It is very stable at all positions. I am sure that ZEALOT will raise Nexy to a new level as a globally successful brand.

The name “ZEALOT” comes from the Jewish people, who resisted Roman tyranny. We can relate this word to “Passion,” which is the very core aspect for Nexy to be Nexy. And now, with this blade ZEALOT, people will see Nexy’s true spirit, which will never yield to any temptation or threat!
Brand Manager of NEXY
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2015 at 12:00pm
@Nexy - I have a quick question for you regarding another blade - Lissom

I've heard somewhere that there is (or was) and oversized version of Lissom.   I've used the regular Lissom, which is one of the nicest blades I've played with - good balance of speed and control, with great touch and ball feel, but thought that I might like even more an oversized version of the blade could.

Could you let me (us) know whether the oversized version Lissom exists (I might have just gotten wrong information), and if so, give some additional detail?
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 2:56am
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

I've heard somewhere that there is (or was) and oversized version of Lissom.   I've used the regular Lissom, which is one of the nicest blades I've played with - good balance of speed and control, with great touch and ball feel, but thought that I might like even more an oversized version of the blade could.

Could you let me (us) know whether the oversized version Lissom exists (I might have just gotten wrong information), and if so, give some additional detail?

Yes, We used to have that special version before.
But they are all sold out.

What about AKTIUM?
If you liked Lissom, and want to have bigger size, then AKTIUM will be an answer for you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 3:02am

Brand Manager of NEXY
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Yes, We used to have that special version before.  But they are all sold out.

What about AKTIUM? If you liked Lissom, and want to have bigger size, then AKTIUM will be an answer for you.

I actually currently play with Actium - all-round offensive style with inverted rubbers on both sides.  Actium is a very nice blade and I like it quite a bit, but would prefer something less firm/crisp and slightly slower, especially on FH. 

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 10:36am
I've been away for a while, but seems that I came back (by chance) right in time for seeing the announcement of Zealot. A 5-ply blade for the new polyball. With a secret beautiful surface veneer, too. That's a blade I have to test! When will it be released?
Any chance to see a picture of the ST handle?

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 11:00am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

That's a blade I have to test! When will it be released?

You are not alone with these teo wishes.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 12:38pm
What is the tickness of the Zealot ? The blade looks so sexy......I must try it. 
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 3:00am

Yes, We used to have that special version before.  But they are all sold out.

What about AKTIUM? If you liked Lissom, and want to have bigger size, then AKTIUM will be an answer for you.

I actually currently play with Actium - all-round offensive style with inverted rubbers on both sides.  Actium is a very nice blade and I like it quite a bit, but would prefer something less firm/crisp and slightly slower, especially on FH. 

Please, send an email inquiry to "[email protected]" .
He is in charge of sales outside of Korea.
And he will help you to buy one.
I found out that still we have some of Lissom special in our stock.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 3:04am
Originally posted by vivan4tt vivan4tt wrote:

What is the tickness of the Zealot ? The blade looks so sexy......I must try it. 

It's 5.8mm.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 3:05am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

I've been away for a while, but seems that I came back (by chance) right in time for seeing the announcement of Zealot. A 5-ply blade for the new polyball. With a secret beautiful surface veneer, too. That's a blade I have to test! When will it be released?

The blades will be out in the market in two weeks.
Just wait a little more.
Brand Manager of NEXY
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 1:33pm

Please, send an email inquiry to "[email protected]" .
He is in charge of sales outside of Korea.
And he will help you to buy one.
I found out that still we have some of Lissom special in our stock.

Awesome, thanks for the info.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 4:31pm
NexyUSA just request a few of the LISSOM larger head size... and Ironically, it looks like I will be using Lissom, someone cracked into my car, smashed a window and stole my Arirang and Kanaph. :(
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

NexyUSA just request a few of the LISSOM larger head size... and Ironically, it looks like I will be using Lissom, someone cracked into my car, smashed a window and stole my Arirang and Kanaph. :(

BH-Man, Thats sucks big time. I wish those idiots get there just due and rot in prison. Maybe Nexy can expedite some blades to you.

Edited by 42andbackpains - 05/31/2015 at 7:10pm
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 9:07pm
I think the joker did it just for the Nexy rucksack and something possible, it was like a WELCOME to Boston... but I wasn't thankful or amused. If I saw the joker who did it and "Took Care" of him, I would be the one goin' to jail without one of those "Get out of Jail Free" cards...

Edited by BH-Man - 05/31/2015 at 9:08pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 9:12pm
I could ask Nexy to authorize my marketing sample blades for me to test and later hawk to club members, I have already tested their entire lineup minus a few and the new ones, they are not cheep and I will reserve those for our Team Nexy Members in the clubs.

I still have too many blades on hand both of Nexy make and others, so it was only just extremely irritating.  My insurance company contracted glass service company has to source teh window and it doesn't happen in a day. It caused me to go back to upstate NY with a row of tape (from bottom to top horizontally to prevent water coming in). By the time I get back to Boston, I should be able to have it repaired to a good standard and not look like an invitation for another break-in.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 1:09am
Let me know when you get those larger lissoms - I am interested too....

Sorry about the burglary...

Edited by NextLevel - 06/01/2015 at 1:10am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2015 at 3:06pm
Just to update on Nexy blades.

We have oversized Lissom in store. Only ST handle.
Akrazia and Zealot are also in stock.

One of our sponsored player that switched to Peterpan just had best win last weekend by defeating a 2550 chopper, Wang Qingliang, at MDTTC open.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 30>
  Share Topic