FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2015 at 12:11am
Haha Bogeyhunter, you LUV it to death as its out ply is your White Ash from your hall of fame VIOLIN you luv the feel already and are at home, but bigger blade and core makes a different feel which you obviously luv.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2015 at 2:23am
A very good summary, but .... 
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Launching "Olam"
... I am waiting for the informations about the new Nexy Olam
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 12:55am

Launching "Olam"

(1) 4th. Generation of NEXY blade and OLAM

4. FOURTH GENERATION BLADES

With the introduction of the new poly ball, Nexy launched a new generation with more overall power and spin. With the previous generation, Nexy focused on a certain area, a certain speed, a certain dual speed range, and a certain feeling. But to meet the changing demand of the poly ball, Nexy increased the intensity of those features. Note: AKRASIA was made at online forum users’ request, and is an exception. It has maximum dual speed, so it's very fast in an attack, but comparatively slow when defending.

For the 4th generation, Nexy focused on “line factor,” whereas “point factor” was previously of greater focus. Line factor means a feeling players have when a ball touches on the blade and seems to follow the movement of their swing. When hitting topspin, a player’s blade is moving upward, driving the ball up, and the player will feel the ball following the line of the swing. Actually, this is not a physical explanation about the hesitation of the ball on the blade. The ball will not actually pause at a certain moment in time. Rather, it will be picked up by the rubber, and then catapult off. So, I cannot really say that the ball is staying on a blade, or the ball is following the swing movement; however, players will feel like it is! This occurs because the ball’s movement occurs while it is twisting the rubber and then bouncing off by the restoring force. It does not stay on the blade, but it pauses for a while on the rubber while sinking in and then launching. So, players can feel that moment as though their blade is grabbing the ball and driving upward.

The perceived hesitation of the ball on the blade affects play. There are several surface woods that have this feeling and the line factor varies for each wooden ply. I think the strongest line factor (strong feeling of driving a ball and stickiness) will be found in Japanese Kiso Hinoki. Players can often feel their racket moving faster than the ball because the ball hesitates on the blade and then jettisons with intense spin, especially when lightly chopped at a steep angle. But, Hinoki has some drawbacks, which limit the use for many wooden blades. Hinoki is very soft, and if as a blade designer I use it with a thin ply, such as 0.5mm, it will not reveal the full power of its stickiness. So, I need to make the Hinoki ply thicker, such as 1.0mm to 1.2mm. However, this thickness does not often match well with the sub ply, and it falls out of harmony by acting out of character due to its thickness. I tried to find a good way to create a synergy between the Hinoki surface and the other wooden plies. This is evident with DEXTER, ARIRANG, SPARTACUS, and OSCAR. I was determined to resolve Hinoki’s disharmony with other wooden layers, thus distinguishing Nexy from Japanese brand blades. For the first poly ball weapon, I used a Hinoki surface. This is known as Nexy’s one and only 3.5 generation blade, KANAPH.

KANAPH: Very thin attacking blade, but with excellent attacking power. It reveals a powerful line factor, which means it drives the ball with stickiness. Nexy defines this blade as 3.5 generation, which connect Nexy's 3rd and 4th generation.

After that blade, I moved onto the next step, and that became the 4th generation. I made up my mind to find a new surface material that I never used before. CHEDECH is using “wenge” wood for its surface, which is known to be very hard to cut thin. CHEDECH has good line character and drives the ball effectively. It feels as though the ball is not impacting on one specific point, but rather it seems to impact on a certain area. I’d rather call this a “dot impact,” not a “point,” because it has wider feeling than KANAPH’S pointed impact feeling. So this dot impact helped players to have more stable strokes in every position with every angle. So, with CHEDECH, I moved away from Hinoki’s strong stickiness and pointed impact to Wenge’s bit broader dot impact. Still, both focus on a line factor.
CHEDECH: Nexy's most expensive blade. Nexy adopted a very special wood for the surface, which is wenge. This surface wood is not easy to cut thin, because is brakes easily due to its vertical wooden lines. However, with this special surface, backed by a thermo processed center layer and carbon layer, this blade has a very powerful attacking gear against the poly ball.

ZEALOT: Nexy selected a new wood for this blade. The special top ply adds a new flavor, and the line factor works well with a good feeling and stable performance. We believe this blade will remain in production for a long, long time. With ZEALOT, I tried to create one more line factor focused blade, but with a slightly different character. ZEALOT is using “Ovangkole,” which has a sticky feeling that is similar to Hinoki, but a little different. Ovangkole feels smooth and embracing, Therefore, players can feel the blade grip the ball with a comfortable, soft touch. Actually, this feeling is highly addictive, and that addiction interfered with my objective ability to assess the quality of the next blade, OLAM.

OLAM: 7-ply all wooden blade, featuring a surface wood that I never used before. This wood works well for the poly ball, and players will quickly feel the blades mighty power, even though it is not thick. And, as a 4th generation blade, it has a line factor. It grips the ball and drives it upward. But there is a big difference between ZEALOT and OLAM. ZEALOT has a line factor, which is related to the sticky feeling and extended staying ability, while OLAM grips the ball and then it quickly expels it. It has a very powerful projection, and players will feel comfortable when attacking topspin. The difference comes mainly from the surface wood. It grips the ball at a rate that is somewhere between KANAPH’s point impact and CHEDECH’s dot impact, but it does not hold onto the ball. It rebounds the ball without a sticky feeling. Therefore, this blade has a long trajectory. It is a powerful weapon for the poly ball age, while being light and thin compared to most other attacking blades.

Yet, there will be players who prefer ZEALOT over OLAM. I did at first. My fascination with ZEALOT interfered with my judging ability, making it difficult for me to compare these two blades. Initially, I could not tell how special OLAM was because it was so different from ZEALOT, which I loved. But testers were amazed by OLAM, and I now understand why! I am sure that you will feel the same as I did. OLAM is a unique blade that is outstanding among 4th generation blades. If you set aside any preconceived notions of ZEALOT, then you might discover the wonder of OLAM. This is a very powerful and trust worthy attacking blade, specially for poly ball play. Are you ready to meet OLAM?

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 1:43am
OLAM

Head Size : 157 x 150mm

Thickness : 6.1mm

Layers    : 7ply Wooden blade

http://nexyttstore.com/blades/463-olam.html?search_query=olam&results=1

Edited by Nexy - 10/06/2015 at 1:44am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 8:39pm
We will run a promotion for ZEALOT and OLAM soon.
10 players will be given one blade between zealot and OLAM free of charge.
If you are interested in them, join the chance.
I will update the information, soon.
Brand Manager of NEXY
GwaiLo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GwaiLo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 10:52pm
Hi,

How can I sign up to test a blade?  Or is that what you are posting soon?
Blade: Butterfly Photino

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 10:57pm
Please sign me up for a chance
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2015 at 12:48am
There will be an official posting for this promotional event.
So, let me update the news later on.
Brand Manager of NEXY
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 4:07am

We are recruiting 10 testers for the launch of our new blades, Olam and Zealot. Both of these blades have received positive reviews from testers in Korea. Please consider giving one of them a try, and see for yourself what all the excitement is about!

If you have previously reviewed a blade of any kind, please post a link on this thread. If you have never reviewed a blade before, it’s okay — just briefly post why you would like to be a tester for either Olam or Zealot.

When you apply for the blade testing event, please indicate which blade you are applying for.

If you are one of the 10 selected, here are the conditions:

CONDITIONS

1.The blade is FREE, but you will need to pay for shipping.
2.Those selected need to make shipping arrangements by emailing: [email protected]
3.Use the blade, and submit a complete, honest review in a timely fashion.

Thank you for your interest in NEXY!
Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 4:26am
Would like to test Olam (ST, 92gr) if possible. The last blade that I test for NEXY was the Arirang. The last test blade I tried was from cgswss's unique hide glue blades series. http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71304&title=using-hide-glue

(also still waiting for nexy's fastest blade)

edited to include following links of NEXY blades reviewed:
Arirang: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62048&KW=review&title=nexy-arirang-review-thread

Oscar: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30459&KW=review&title=nexy-reviews-the-oscar-blade

Iskandar: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31880&KW=review&title=review-nexy-iskandar

Edited by thethinker - 10/14/2015 at 8:24pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 5:49am
I would like to test Zealot (ST, 82g).

I have tested many Nexy blades and written reviews for Lissom, Calix, Calix II, Qabod, Amazon, PeterPan, Arirang, and Tamar VII (see links in the Nexy Clan thread), as well as shorter playing impressions of Color and Inca. I have also tested many blades of other brands, mainly in the OFF- range, made by Nittaku (especially the Strings series), Butterfly, Stiga, Tibhar, Yinhe, OSP, Darker, and Xiom, as well as one-of-a-kind blades from BBC, AmericanHinoki, Ross Leidy, Soulspin, etc. For some I've written reviews in this forum, for some other in the TT-News German forum.
If selected, besides testing Zealot, I would organise a European Tour (see here), to give other forum members the opportunity to test it and post a review.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 6:39am
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 10:16am
I'd like to test the Nexy Olam if it's available in cpen. The reason why I'd like to test the Olam blade is because currently I'm comparing 2 other 7-ply blades (Yinhe PD 437 and Tibhar Force Pro Black), and it'd be nice to add the Olam side by side for comparison.

If Nexy Olam cpen is not available, I'd like to try the Zealot in cpen. I'd compare it with Butterfly KTS, Ariex Pheonix and Darker Speed 90 to see how much of a stickiness the Zealot has due to the Ovangkole material.

I don't mind to have both Wink

Yinhe Purple Dragon 437 and Sanwei Target National

Ariex Excellent Pheonix 1 ply Hinoki 

Ariex Pegasus Hinoki ZLC

Haifu Whale 3 rubber (Group Test in one single thread)

Stiga Emerald (in a hong kong forum)

Butterfly Kim Taek Soo Red Label

Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Kiwami

Edited by qualizon - 10/19/2015 at 5:54pm
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 12:03pm
I would like to test the Zealot(FL,if not then ST)since i only use wood blades.I tested 4 blades for German builder on another forum and reported my impression to him and not in a thread.So yeah this would be my first review.I would like to test and review a Nexy blade cause, the reviews your blades are getting are mostly if not all positive. Want to see first hand the quality of your blades and more importantly how they feel and play.I might get a glimpse of your journey from the first generation of blades to this one.Besides i think your blades look cool especially Zealot. Wink

Edited by mttgfg - 10/15/2015 at 5:55pm
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 12:51pm
Please sign Me up for Zealot Cpen if possible.  I own numerous Nexy/Tibhar blades.  see my reviews below:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68498&KW=&title=pphs-xiom-hayabusa-zx-chinese-penhold-review

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69826&KW=&title=pphs-stiga-emerald-vps-chinese-penhold-review

Also have reviews in my own blog - http://pingpongholic.blogspot.com

I offer updates on my reviews to have a prolonged understanding of the equipment characteristics whereas comparing to some that can judge the equipment within minutes of testing. 

Peace=)

Am interested in testing Olam Cpen as well=P

Edited by PingPongHolic10 - 10/15/2015 at 2:26pm
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
samyunlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samyunlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 1:42pm
I'd like to test for a Zealot FL(85g). I currently own 2ea of Chedech and am enjoying them very much. The majority of my blades are some sort of carbon-composition blades except MEO and I'd like to try out an all wood blade such as Zealot.

Thanks,
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 12:05am
I would like to test Olam FL (86-90gr). I really like what Nexy do and eager to find MY BLADE among them. But which one? Tibhar KJH was revealed as not my cup of tea. May be Olam will be mine special one   
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 1:53am
Hi - 

I would like to be considered as a tester for the Nexy Zealot (ST preferred, FL also acceptable; I would prefer the 75-80g range). 

I have tested 20+ rubbers over the past year and I have been one of the reviewers for Table Tennis 11 (you can find my reviews on this thread: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71383&KW=M1+turbo&PID=881208&title=tabletennis11-rubber-testing-reviews#881208). I also often comment on equipment-related questions/topics on this forum. 

I have settled on a rubber combination (FH: Tibhar Evo MX-P, BH: Adidas Blaze Spin short pips), but am currently experimenting with blades, especially 5-ply all-wood Off-/Off blades (in the past 12 months, I have tested/used Andro Temper Tech Off- and Off, OSP Virtuoso, Adidas Challenge Force, Joola Rossi Emotion and Donic Waldner Legend Carbon). I have never tried a Nexy blade before and would therefore be curious to test this brand and the Zealot in particular.  

Thank you for making these blades available to this forum.    

Edited by patrickhrdlicka - 10/15/2015 at 2:37pm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 9:58am
Zealot shakehand flared please.

Reviews:
Too many to mention.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 12:33pm
Would like to test the Olam.  A link to my most recent review - I mostly put my use of the blade on video as I believe that reviewing without letting people see who is using the blade can give very false impressions.

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 2:04pm
I would appreciate the opportunity to test a Zealot - Flared.

I have not previously written any blade reviews, but I would gladly write up a thoughtful, in depth review.

My recent blades include: Tibhar Samonov Force Pro Black, Joola Rossi Emotion, Avalox P900,  Double Day Valiant ALC, and OSP Virtuoso.

I would test the Zealot with Tibhar Evolution EL-P and FX-P.

As a player not as skilled as most here, perhaps I can offer a helpful perspective for those whose abilities are not as well developed as their blade.

Edited by LOG1C1AN - 10/15/2015 at 2:07pm
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 11:52pm
Hello Nexy! I'm very interested in testing Nexy Olam. I'm a Table tennis lover from Thailand and since I've tried many blades by sharing them to each other in my TT-club I think I can make good reviews from various level players by me and my friends. Since I'm falling in love with Nexy blades (Arirang and Peterpan) I wish I could try this Olam and share how good Nexy is to Thai people here too. 
Review:
Nexy Arirang
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62048&PID=739395&title=nexy-arirang-review-thread#739395

Edited by arteepr - 10/16/2015 at 1:16am
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 12:50am
Hi arteepr just call me suddenly soon he saw this thread.
I would like to participate in this event

I'm a close to table all-rounder with depend much on short game and counterattack blocking. Not a good distance looper.  Using peterpan as a main blade.(83g St)

I have test various Nexy blade  and own Nexy Arirang Peterpan and Spear

This is my Peterpan review thread and I also wrote a review on Arirang 

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=59515&PID=737713&title=nexy-peterpan-review-thread#737713

I want to test nexy Zealot
I really curious how will it play.

So I would like to applied for a tester, I promise a review, though my poor English skill lolz.

If possible ST 83-87g is beloved. > <

Edited by Crowsfeather - 10/16/2015 at 1:40am
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Zetro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 2:15am
If given the chance I would really love to test OLAM.

i am a two winged looper. i may not be as accomplished in terms of tournament plays but i always give my best. i would like to represent the average aspiring players currently on EJ mode. I am yet to own a nexy blade i once borrowed and played with a nexy peter pan from my clubmate. I promise to write an unbiased review on it.
Primorac carbon /DHSIII Provincial /DHS 3-50 Even though i'm fast...i'm still slow.
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 1:58am
Thanks for a lot of interest in nexy blades!
We have decided to choose the below name of members for the test.
Please find your name below and contact us through my private email!

E-mail adress: [email protected]

l   Thethinker (Olam)
l   Arg0 (Zealot)
l   Magic_M (Olam)
l   Qualizon (Olam)
l   PingpongHolic10 (Zealot)
l   Patrickhrdlicka (Zealot)
l   Yogi_bear (Zealot)
l   NextLevel (Olam)
l   Arteepr (Olam)
l   Crowsfeather (Zealot)

Edited by nexy.com - 10/21/2015 at 2:00am
Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 2:15am
Thank you for allowing my participation.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 2:23am
Wonderful news. Thumbs Up Thank you very much. I just contacted you with email.
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 8:05am
Thank you for this great opportunity, I promise a good review.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 9:56am
No good news for my TV....
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 10:45am
Thank you Nexy! Email sent also.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 30>
  Share Topic