tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
Author
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 1:21am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 3:44am
I just tried two pairs of axis, and I can comment about sizing.

I wear street sneakers EU size 42.5. I normally like having about 1-1.5 cm (0.5 in) of room in front. Since they usually come in integer sizes, this means I usually wear 43, sometimes 42.
I like my TT shoes to be slightly larger and have about 1.5-2 cm (0.5-0.75 in) room in front.
My Asics shoes I wear for TT (Blast) are EU size 43.5 (28.0cm) and have a bit more room, so I'd say I should have picked EU size 43 for optimal fit.
My Nexy Petra shoes (1st gen) are EU 43 (KR 265!) and fit a bit tighter than my Asics shoes.

As to the Axis shoes, EU 42 is slightly smaller than my Petra shoes and about the size of my street shoes, while EU 43 is a bit larger than my Asics shoes.

All this is to say that if in doubt between two sizes, I would advise you to order the smaller size, rather than the larger.

My foot measures, from toe to tip, 272 mm.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Nice

looks like clipper structure I wonder if it plays the same.is there cp version?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 1:58pm
NexyUSA.com will be stocking these new Axis shoes in late April 2018 along with a few other new Nexy products.

Edited by BH-Man - 04/13/2018 at 1:58pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Nice

looks like clipper structure I wonder if it plays the same.is there cp version?

To put this again into context, he was referring to Nexy Arche.
Yes, Arche comes in CP, as well.

Clipper is a 7-ply blade with Limba outer and the rest all Ayous. No thermally treated (burned) layers.
There's no Limba in Arche and it has a burned core. Nexy hasn't revealed the composition, but members on the forum guessed it might be Lati-Ayous-Spruce-Kiri-Spruce-Ayous-White Ash.
What makes you think it's similar to Clipper?

Join the Nexy Clan!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 4:14am

Introducing AKKAD

As Nexy’s primary blade designer, I can say that we have been growing alongside Tibhar for the past 10-years.

The first motive for launching the NEXY brand was to fill some spaces Tibhar could not reach.

When I first started a table tennis business, Hinoki surfaced carbon blades fascinated the Korean market, but Tibhar could not provide it.

So, I created the Nexy brand to the fill market needs, and Tibhar has been an anchoring power for my brand.

Nexy can freely venture beyond Tibhar’s territory.

In other words, I have tried to respect Tibhar, and Nexy avoided crossing areas where Tibhar already resided.

Therefore, Nexy has developed uniquely from Tibhar, and I have found a perfect harmony between running the Tibhar business in the Korean market and designing Nexy blades.

However, during the past 10-years, Nexy collaborated with Tibhar on several occasions.

We proudly launched Inca, Aktium, and Kim Jung Hoon blades under the Tibhar brand name, and those blades helped Nexy to share new ideas with Korean players.

Those blades were sort of local products, because Tibhar did not release those models outside the Korean market.

But this year, Tibhar is internationally releasing AKKAD, named after the Earth’s first empire, with the designer’s name, ‘Oscar.’

So, this blade is the first blade to be globally introduced as a collaborative product between Tibhar and Nexy.

I tried to inspire the essence of Tibhar inside AKKAD, and players will feel the touch of Tibhar’s traditional blade line-up in it.

At the same time, I tried to consummate the very best of Nexy’s 5th Generation features into this blade.

It has the unique feeling of Tibhar blades — slightly vibrant on the impacting moment and expelling the ball farther than expected, like Tibhar’s Samsonov Premium Contact.

AKKAD is a well-balanced 7-ply blade with all the power of Tibhar blades.

But this blade also has many unique features that are based on Nexy’s 10-year endeavor.

AKKAD’s surface wood is the same as Rubicon, which features a high arc ball movement, and Arche, which features a powerful forehand and grippy backhand.

The core structure is borrowing from Nexy’s 3rd Generation blade, Kim Jung Hoon, which was quite powerful and spinny considering its thin structure.

Therefore, the general character of AKKAD borrows from Nexy’s 3rd and 4th Generations, and players will enjoy the core benefits from those two generations in this one blade. It is fast and spinny!

However, I have to add one more thing to highlight what Nexy is trying to accomplish in the 5th Generation. A big change in players’ style is underway in the global market.

Players are trying to get closer to the net, and they are making fast rallies in order to dominate the opponent by using a quicker tempo.

And we see the powerful long rallies are giving way to up-close, fast attacks.

Maybe this change is partly due to the ABS ball, and I tried to convert the general focus of Nexy’s blade performance to be more suitable for this new era.

So, AKKAD is extremely adept at quick responses, and easy to control. These qualities enable players to dominate the game with less effort.

AKKAD is scheduled for release in May of 2018, and I sincerely hope you discover that it was well worth the wait.

Thank you for reading this article.

Edited by Nexy - 05/02/2018 at 5:51am
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 6:26am
More images, lab measurements, and comparison of the Tibhar Akkad with other 7-ply blades here on TTGearLab's review.
Join the Nexy Clan!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 11:12am
Sounds like another winner!!
THE UNSTOPPABLE EJ MADMAN!

For More Information, Contact: tommy@tommyzai.com
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 1:51pm
NexyUSA now has the new Axis shoes and Armor bat cases.

We will order the new Akkad when it is ready for market.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Lefty76 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2018 at 3:34pm
Is there a UK release date for the Akkad yet?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2018 at 3:53pm
Here in Germany the release will be in round about 3 weeks (June, 22)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Here in Germany the release will be in round about 3 weeks (June, 22)

Yeah.  Can't wait for this one.  Contra have it listed as 18th June.

And how good are ttgearlab's blade reviews?  Very impressive IMO.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 5:06pm
Small teaser from the Catalog of contra.de, a German shop.
It looks like Tibhar chose a rather aggressive pricing for the Akkad, assuming that it has several aspects in common with Rubicon and Arche, including wooden plies (most) and manufacturing quality.

Save

Edited by arg0 - 06/12/2018 at 5:07pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 5:11pm
Just in case you wonder, this is what the German text says (Google translate, only major errors edited): "AKKAD shares the playing characteristics of traditional TIBHAR wooden constructions. The 7-layer offensive blade is characterized by a high ball flight curve and a solid speed potential. The focus in his development was clearly on the requirements of the new plastic balls, the extended flight curve and the arc-like trajectory. In addition, the AKKAD has enough power to dictate the game at the table, but also the precision of forcing the opponent in topspin rallies to his knees."
Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
  Share Topic