FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS 08 blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS 08 blade
    Posted: 07/07/2010 at 10:34am
man ive tried my coach's blade (dhs 08) with a skyline 3 neo and andro plasma attached it was the best blade i have tried. his blade is already 25 yrs old and yet it plays much better than any other blade i have tried. compared to my ebenholz 7 (thanks anton) it was way, way better! my shots were more solid and the control and feeling were incredible. at higher speeds you do not lose the touch and feeling compared to carbon blades. i have the tendency to make the ball hit the net if im using a chinese rubber in the forehand sometimes with the dhs 08 its not that frequent.. how i wish i have this blade, his was not the commercial one but the national version given only to players in china. his blade was given to him by the coach of cai zenhua...
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 12:53pm
You can buy one here:
http://www.fareastsports.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=736&productname=

But I doubt that it'll be the same as the national version.

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 1:24pm
i have one of those blades!! super heavy and rock solid...... ill sell it to you if you want.... really cheap!

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 4:45pm
pokerpete, I am interested in buying it. Let me know how much you sell it for. Is it in good shape?
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

i have one of those blades!! super heavy and rock solid...... ill sell it to you if you want.... really cheap!

is it shakehand what's your price?
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 5:01pm
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Thot Thot wrote:

Another version of the blade, but cheaper:
http://www.fareastsports.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=390&productname=

yes thats the one i have...... its just like new..... ill sell it for $10 + small shipping fee

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2010 at 8:12pm
hmmm its not the same with my coach's blade because the one he has is dark colored and the handle is like the old flared blades of dhs flattened oblong
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

whirlwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2010 at 6:42am
older versions are way better!
i have 032 1970s edition. i remember the days when joey paraguya used to play with 08,he was one of the best! said blade was reccomended by my friend manong ching. Smile
tompy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2010 at 8:22am
I,m convinced it also has to do with the aging of wood. After the blade is ready this aging does not stop. Drying of wood is more then just drying.
Good chance that Yogi Bears ebenholz will develop similar properties if he stick's with it for twenty-five years.

Edited by tompy - 07/08/2010 at 8:23am
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2012 at 7:22pm
I am still looking for the DHS 08 blade, made before 1990. Anyone has it and will to sell it let me know. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2012 at 9:04pm
the closest dhs 08 for that is the one fareast sports is selling, the anniversary special 08

jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 10:54am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

the closest dhs 08 for that is the one fareast sports is selling, the anniversary special 08
It is hard to pay $140 for something with unknown quality
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 11:22am
you also buy an Armstrong Hi-level blade it's 6 ply basswood and imho quite similar to the DHS 08 in terms of playing characteristics. Solid, heavy, fast and great for flat hitting!
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

you also buy an Armstrong Hi-level blade it's 6 ply basswood and imho quite similar to the DHS 08 in terms of playing characteristics. Solid, heavy, fast and great for flat hitting!
Where can I buy it from?
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 1:02pm

Found them on iruiru.com, but only in shakehand
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 1:52pm
sorry didn't realise you were looking for a cpen blade.
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 4:28pm

No problem, thanks for your info. I did find it from a Japanese site. However, at 80 grams, I don't think it will be as solid as the 105-110 gram DHS 08. Also interestingly, Yin He logo was found on some of the Armstrong blades, seems to be a cooperation between the two.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by whirlwind whirlwind wrote:

i have 032 1970s edition. i remember the days when joey paraguya used to play with 08,he was one of the best! said blade was reccomended by my friend manong ching. Smile

Cheng Longcan and Deng Yaping both used the 08 as well, and to great effect I may add. Just so we're all clear, this is the blade which Yogi is referring to. 

The 08

The 16

Also the 32...

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by jdzhao jdzhao wrote:

No problem, thanks for your info. I did find it from a Japanese site. However, at 80 grams, I don't think it will be as solid as the 105-110 gram DHS 08. Also interestingly, Yin He logo was found on some of the Armstrong blades, seems to be a cooperation between the two.

yeah you're right mine is 87 grams but feels heavier and more solid(I think because of thickness and chunky handle). But stating that Armstrong and Yinhe are in a cooperation is a SHOCK to me. I thought Armstrong was standing for traditional japanese craftmanship. Do you have any pictures to illustrate what you found?
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 6:30pm
http://www.armstrong-jp.com/967%20(CHU).html

How do you get the picture to show?
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 6:34pm

YinHe logo on Armstrong
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Originally posted by whirlwind whirlwind wrote:

Cheng Longcan and Deng Yaping both used the 08 as well, and to great effect I may add. Just so we're all clear, this is the blade which Yogi is referring to. 

The 08

The 16

Also the 32...
Nice collection, my 08 is identical...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by jdzhao jdzhao wrote:

It is hard to pay $140 for something with unknown quality

i have 1 like that of fareast sports. its a limited edition 08 blade. its the closest thing you can have for a national version 08, though they still have a gap. the quality is good. they sell both cpen and shakehand

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2012 at 10:55pm
@Lixiao your 08 seems to be a later version it doesn't have the fixture holes and blood glue. 

It doesn't need to be like the older the better as CPEN 08 is too heavy for RPB, the one I have is about 115g, even LP with 0.5mm sponge will make overall weight more than 180g, I can only use OX so it is playable.
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2012 at 2:46am
 The anniversary edition is even better than the old PF4-08.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

The anniversary edition is even better than the old PF4-08.
Just got it. Compared with the original, the head is slightly bigger and handle a bit longer too. Make it pretty heavy at 117 gram. Due to the heavier weight, it feels a little more solid. Didn't play competition but I would say it is pretty close to the original. Just a bit too heavy. 

jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2012 at 2:09pm

man ive tried my coach's blade (dhs 08) with a skyline 3 neo and andro plasma attached it was the best blade i have tried. his blade is already 25 yrs old and yet it plays much better than any other blade i have tried. compared to my ebenholz 7 (thanks anton) it was way, way better! my shots were more solid and the control and feeling were incredible. at higher speeds you do not lose the touch and feeling compared to carbon blades. i have the tendency to make the ball hit the net if im using a chinese rubber in the forehand sometimes with the dhs 08 its not that frequent.. how i wish i have this blade, his was not the commercial one but the national version given only to players in china. his blade was given to him by the coach of cai zenhua...

The very 1st blade I ever owned 26 years ago together BTY sriver and DHS PF4 Embarrassed
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 10:26am
BUMP.

Very much interested in the Newest version of this blade.
How does it compare to Clipper? Anyone can comment its performance for Short Pip play?
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2013 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Re1Mu2R3 Re1Mu2R3 wrote:

BUMP.

Very much interested in the Newest version of this blade.
How does it compare to Clipper? Anyone can comment its performance for Short Pip play?
Very disappointed with the new one. It is not as lively and too heavy at 120 grams. Very different blade from Clipper.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic