Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku Latika Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2011 at 12:21pm
Latika is not slow, It has enough and more. But my 88 gr Latika is not hard, its normal. At least MJ is much much harder. And Barwell is harder too. And so should be TBS.   
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Sponsored Links

liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 6:51am
Latika is suitable for looper... I played with FAKE Sriver and Sriver FX... nothings different... maybe is speed glue effect *^_^*
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 5:42pm
can you believe it i just received my latika.... 82 grams!!!

well i had asked them to send something below 88. but now either its too good, or i am afraid that it might be a little slower than my carbons. 

although hexer HD and Tenergy 64... none of these are particularly "light" rubbers.  :)

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 9:37pm
82 gr ...for a kinda oversized blade ...miracle, like was my 80 gr Barwell...now you actually can try even Sanwei T88-I on it :)
Hope you'll like the blade :)
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 1:47am
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

82 gr ...for a kinda oversized blade ...miracle, like was my 80 gr Barwell...now you actually can try even Sanwei T88-I on it :)
Hope you'll like the blade :)

I hope they didn't replace the center ply with balsa.

:-(
vid1
Vid 2
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 3:05am
OMG! The woodmaster that kindly fixed my broken Barwell has been talking to me 15 minutes before and he suspect by the structure look that center ply is balsa....anybody here could name the Barwell plies? I thought that it should be ayous all the time...... 
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 3:06am
Ha, I had the same thing happen with the last blade I ordered(Sanwei F3).  I requested for something less than 87 grams, and they sent me one that's 79 grams....  Luckily, between the time I ordered and the time I got the blade, I had an epiphany about going to softer/flexier/slower setup to rework my fundamentals, AND I decided to use the ultra heavy T88-I, so it worked out perfectly :)
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 3:49am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

can you believe it i just received my latika.... 82 grams!!!

my latika is 83g LOL
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2011 at 1:43pm
Day 1 with Latika was okay... not quite love at first hit...though. 

Speedwise, my nightmare hasnt come true. its not significantly slower than carbon blades. Its in fact in the range of OFF- carbon blades, which is perfect with me. but the stroke mechanics is different hold time is significantly more, so my hand movement has to slow down to generate the power. or else i was mistiming it throwing it over the table or in the net with no spin at times. 

Backhand, somehow felt right from the beginning. May be Tenergy 64 paired very well with the blade. and i loved the control in looping, blocking, close and far. 

Pushing short was a major challenge... because i am used to very fine touch with springy carbons. And i was landing many of these serve return pushes to net. Which is good.. it means latika allows for a little more pressure during pushing, making it little easier than carbon blades. just a matter of adjustment.

A funny thing happened... i may start a new thread on this phenomena which can be termed as "skill-memory effect"... in line with 'shape memory effect'.

after a few games with Latika... when i was making too many errors on FH... i switched to a co-players spare racket with Innerforce T5000 and Rakza7 on both sides. \

Oh man!! everytime i play T5000... i just fall in love with it... its such awesome feeling and just right speed... and just right acceleration when you hit harder shots. buttefly killed this awesome blade by giving a wrong speed rating of 9.9 or something... while it is just the same speed as TBS... and yet plays way better than TBS in short game. Whaqtever..!!

Whatever after a great game with IF T5000 .... i cam back to latika. with somehow with the confidence i acquired with T5000, i kept looping and hitting much more consistently with Latika now. Isnt that funny... yeah that's what i call 'skill memory effect'. 

I was playing against Sam Ahmed, ex- egyptian national team chopper. I usually beat him... and when i won 3-1... Sam mentioned... everything you are doing is working today, it seems :-).

i didn't tell him i am playing with  a new blade... because mext time i wont be able to use that as an excuse.. ;)

Latika doesn't power loop as great as IF T5000... but its still pretty good... plus it hits better than IF T5000.  

will try some more time ... not bad for day 1. 

Edited by debraj - 11/14/2011 at 6:30pm
vid1
Vid 2
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2011 at 9:49pm
For me Innerforce T5000 is not as fast as butterfly carbon blades, it has such a woody feel for a carbon blade. I've used it with H3 provincial and T64.
Not suitable for H3 though, too hard. It suit soft rubber rather than hard rubber.
Nice to hear that you quite like it at the first session.
How's the feel? over vibration or just ok?
You may try H3 on it, but need more power :)
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2011 at 3:18am
KNope. IF t5000 plays very well with hard rubbers like rskza, ooit may have been the problem with the sheet of h3 neo.

the vibration and speed are okay even after day two. But this blade with comparatively soft feeling doesn't pair that well with hexer hd. Which needs harder top sheet.
vid1
Vid 2
cougar3219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar3219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2011 at 5:21pm
WOW !!!  I have read all of these great reviews about this blade, now im considering buying one for myself. As you can see by my signature I play with Tibhar Stratus Power Wood. Can anyone compare my TSPW with the Latika blade?
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit (st)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda Big Slam

Blade: Stratus Power Wood (an)

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2011 at 12:14pm
Well I would like to know too which is faster between stratus power wood and Latika. Latika has thicker center ply. What is the thickness of TSPW? Latika is 5.8 mm
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar3219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2011 at 12:46pm
The thickness of the TSPW is 6.2 mm

Edited by cougar3219 - 11/26/2011 at 12:47pm

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2011 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by cougar3219 cougar3219 wrote:

I like Latika more than korbel, try it and let us know the comparison with TPSW Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar3219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2011 at 1:17pm
I am considering buying one soon. But i was hoping that someone has played with both blades.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2011 at 1:43pm
Latika is not a power wood. Korbel is.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2011 at 4:02pm
i haven't playwed with korbel for quite some time. but latika is a powerful but thin wood blade. nittaku's speed rating is ridiculous.... they rate acoustic higher than latika... !! i think nobody who played latika could agree with that. 
vid1
Vid 2
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2011 at 4:06am
 LOL
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Originally posted by cougar3219 cougar3219 wrote:

I like Latika more than korbel, try it and let us know the comparison with TPSW Wink
I played Korbel and my friend played my Latika for 2 hours... he also falling love to LatikaLOL
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
ripag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2012 at 8:25am
I currently play with Korbel.I love all aspects of It with the exception of speed.Do you think that Latika is similar to Korbel with better speed?
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

i haven't playwed with korbel for quite some time. but latika is a powerful but thin wood blade. nittaku's speed rating is ridiculous.... they rate acoustic higher than latika... !! i think nobody who played latika could agree with that. 

My 97g Latika is quite a bit faster than my 82g Acoustic. Feels like a brick. Similar speed to a TBS but with softer touch and less bouncy in the short game.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
ripag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 7:37am
I guess I will be able to compare them myself since I am getting Latika .
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 9:52am
can anyone compare Latika to YEO and TBS in pushing and slow looping please?
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 10:10am
why are we comparing the latika with many carbon blades?
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 7:19pm
I'm trying to figure out what is the range of weights for Latika, especially in the lower end (lighter blades). How much does your Latika weigh?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 5:11pm
My Latika FL weights 83g. I have been used to ST handles, but Latika's flared handle is smooth and very comfortable, although not even close so large as Stiga's Legend handles. As for weight, nowadays the exemplars between 77g and 84g are likely to be found. Building quality is top notch. Blade construction is limba-spruce-ayous-spruce-limba, I believe. Head size is 157x151mm and not 158x152mm as stated.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2013 at 1:44am
I forgot to report that in the meantime I tried two Latika ST, of 80g and 84g.
They're good blades, and I wish Violin and Acoustic had the same ST grip.
But they were too fast and head heavy for my game.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 4:23am
lattika is suitable for long pips? 
for example feint long 3 or Curl p1

Edited by scdit46 - 06/18/2017 at 6:29am
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2020 at 6:13am
I know this is an old thread but..................

What do the Latika lovers think of the Latika 10 years later?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic