Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 2010 Korean Open...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 2010 Korean Open...
    Posted: 08/09/2010 at 9:05pm
starts this wednesday (8/11).

none of the chinese will be there. nor will the top 3 japanese (mizutani, yoshida, kishi), but boll and samsonov will be there, so they will be the top 2 seeds on the men's side.  all the koreans of course will show, so maybe at least one of them will make this interesting.  otherwise, it'll be timo and vladi in the final and timo will win.  maybe vladi will go up 3-1 on timo and lose yet again...

on the women's side, feng tianwei and kim kyung ah are the top 2 seeds.  i actually wouldn't be surprised at all if neither one of them made to the final this weekend.

oh, this time the ittf will stream it on itTV.  here's their blurb on that:

"Stay tuned to watch the Korean Open LIVE on the itTV channel "Main". Video On Demand is available from Friday 13th August at 1:00 GMT.

LIVE Streaming starts at 08:30 GMT on Saturday 14th August with the Women's Singles quarter-finals."

1 am GMT friday is 9 pm ET thursday evening and 8:30 am GMT is 4:30 am ET.

Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 9:23pm
I'm excited to watch. I like watching some of the younger upcoming Koreans. Thanks for the heads up.
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 9:30pm
Hoping for good things from Lee Sang Su! His game is very fluid and great to watch :D
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I'm excited to watch. I like watching some of the younger upcoming Koreans. Thanks for the heads up.

same here!!  i actually like to watch the young koreans, too.  but i fear itTV won't show many of their matches.  hopefully, someone over there will record some of the matches that itTV will miss and post videos here.
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 10:58pm
Mizutani not playing?  ittv still has thier poll on Mizutani repeating lol
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 11:07pm
yeah, the funny thing is, on their front page for the korean open, they put up mizutani's picture, but he's not playing.

i think his super league team has a match this weekend.  but so does oh sang eun's team, but he'll be in korea instead of china...

Edited by takaaki - 08/09/2010 at 11:10pm
ma View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 11:25pm
I want a korean player to win this tournament really badly.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by ma ma wrote:

I want a korean player to win this tournament really badly.

+100
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2010 at 12:05am
Oh might take timo out early!!! as timo is scared of OhShocked

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2010 at 12:31am
Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

Oh might take timo out early!!! as timo is scared of OhShocked

Oh yeah...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2010 at 12:50am
well, oh is the 4th seed so it will be interesting to see what side of the draw the ittf puts him.

will they put him at the bottom of boll's half of the draw?  if so, then they won't meet till the semis (barring any upsets).

but if they put him at the top of vladi's half of the draw, then he can't meet boll until the final (again, barring any upsets).

so, either way, they cannot meet in the early rounds.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2010 at 10:35am
Ryujun77 is meeting me there Sunday to catch the last of the action. Maybe I should bring a blade or two to get signed.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
SLee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2010 at 7:30pm
Woo I hope Jung Young Sik does well
USATT Rating: 2054

YEO CPen
FH: H3 NEO
BH: Express Xplode
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2010 at 7:49pm
+1

His father is uber cool and plays in the clubs and tourneys just north of Seoul. No matter what the score is, that man ALWAYS has a smile on his face and a good spirit. Would be good to see the young man Jung go deep this tourney.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
rsundarajan_r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsundarajan_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 1:33am
Why there is no chinese in Korean Open?Shocked
Fan of Wang LiQin
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 1:35am
  where is leejung sam ?(the cpen RPB looper)
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 2:32am
Originally posted by rsundarajan_r rsundarajan_r wrote:

Why there is no chinese in Korean Open?Shocked

Because the Super League plays this weekend. The league will take a break the following week to avoid the conflict with the China Open in Suzhou.
rsundarajan_r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsundarajan_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 2:55am
Oh! thanks.
Fan of Wang LiQin
tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 2:57am
What happened to matsudaira kenta? he lost both his group matches and after his match versus ma lin in 2009 WTTC he is playing worse and worse...
Takkyuzuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takkyuzuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 8:01am
Mizutani is participating in the all-Japan university student championship now....
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 8:31am
Videos from the Men's Qualification rounds:

Round 1:
Jung Young Sik (KOR) - Feng Xiaoquan (AUT)

Round 2:
Kenta Matsudaira (JPN) - Jeong Sang Eun (KOR)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2US5AATJ

Vitaly Nekhvedovich (BLR) - Pang Xue Jie (SIN)

Jung Young Sik (KOR) - Emmanuel Lebesson (FRA)

Kim Dong Hyun (KOR) - Li Kwun Ngai (HKG)

tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 8:43am
thanks stef, only first match or all are without sound?
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 9:12am
Originally posted by tablet92 tablet92 wrote:

thanks stef, only first match or all are without sound?

It's just the first match. Not sure why though, but the other ones are okay.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 3:35pm
wow, Kenta lost both his matches in the qual. group... same for Hidetoshi Oya...

and we thought just a year ago that Kenta will be in top ten soon... Confused
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 3:44pm
On second thought - is that really Kenta? I watched the video and the guy misses balls left and right and generally plays rather awful...

Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

On second thought - is that really Kenta? I watched the video and the guy misses balls left and right and generally plays rather awful...

That is Kenta alright. Even though Kenta wasn't playing great, I must say that I was pretty impressed by the young Korean (Jeong) as well. Very fast and aggressive with pretty solid technique.

Actually it's a little scary to see the high level of play shown by the young Japanese and Korean players at the moment. Looks like Europe has some catching up to do...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 4:07pm
I dunno... too many unforced errors from both of them

tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Stef Stef wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

That is Kenta alright. Even though Kenta wasn't playing great, I must say that I was pretty impressed by the young Korean (Jeong) as well. Very fast and aggressive with pretty solid technique.

Actually it's a little scary to see the high level of play shown by the young Japanese and Korean players at the moment. Looks like Europe has some catching up to do...

don't forget that in 2007 Jeong Sang Eun was World Junior Champion :)

Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2010 at 5:20pm
[/QUOTE]

don't forget that in 2007 Jeong Sang Eun was World Junior Champion :)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's right. At the time I heard a story saying that he was actually a Korean living in China, so he received his TT education there. As he eventually couldn't make his provincial team, they moved back to Korea and the rest is history... Smile 

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 2:02am
 the truth is that the boy was  born in china and his father is a known chinese coach that went mad when his son couldnt make  to the provincial team ,in another forum somebody posted details about the name of the coach, jeong san eun 'd dad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic