Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - So.... who is boosting tenergy(tenergy users only)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So.... who is boosting tenergy(tenergy users only)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: do you boost tenergy and what do you use
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [12.28%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.75%]
8 [14.04%]
7 [12.28%]
2 [3.51%]
23 [40.35%]
1 [1.75%]
5 [8.77%]
3 [5.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So.... who is boosting tenergy(tenergy users only)
    Posted: 08/16/2010 at 2:07pm
  so the more i inquire about this, the more i find out people are boosting/tuning there tenergy rubbers!!!!

so the questions for the tread are:

1. are you tuning/boosting your tenergy to get the speed glue effect?

2. what did you use to tune/boost it?

3. how did you find the effect.... increased speed and spin? and how long did it last?

4. do you recommend it?

5. do you know people that do it? even if you don't

****please note that this is a tenergy specific topic........

Edited by pokerpete - 08/18/2010 at 12:30am

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

Sponsored Links

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 2:20pm
one guy at my club has told me that he is using beer, mixed in with water based glue!!!
he says the hops in the beer soften up the rubber and make it play faster....."like speed glue" !!!

as crazy as that sounds........

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

one guy at my club has told me that he is using beer, mixed in with water based glue!!!
he says the hops in the beer soften up the rubber and make it play faster....."like speed glue" !!!

this method reminds me the way people (try to) produce music by urinating on a violin.
strongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 10:12pm
I tried it boosted with 2 layers of Falco Tempo Booster Unlimited. I did this for fun for a couple of weeks as an experiment. It's a good rubber unboosted, but changes quite dramatically when boosted.

The result - absolutely awesome.
Still retains good control on the short game - not too bouncy.
Touch/feeling is greatly improved on slower opening loops and controlled loops.
Much more linearity in power delivery and has more gears.
Power and spin delivered in equal measure at a very high top end speed.
I also found it more tolerable with regards to bat angle. I could vary it more to change my shots to loop to more flat hit.

It's the best boosted/speed glued rubber I've ever tried. I'm not surprised so many pro's are using it.

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 10:28pm
I have not tried boosting my T64.. not sure it really needs it and after I have boosted it I'm pretty sure I will have ruined the spring sponge and it will always have to be boosted from that point on so, plus it's cheating so I have not tried. My Spin Art sheet however is practically begging me to boost it. The sponge is so hard that a little booster would probably add a ton of spin. Once again it might ruin the spring sponge but Spin Art's sponge is much less porous so it may be ok.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

this method reminds me the way people (try to) produce music by urinating on a violin.

LOL  LOL  LOL

This may be the funniest post I've ever read on this forum.

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by strongpong strongpong wrote:

I tried it boosted with 2 layers of Falco Tempo Booster Unlimited. I did this for fun for a couple of weeks as an experiment. It's a good rubber unboosted, but changes quite dramatically when boosted.

The result - absolutely awesome.
Still retains good control on the short game - not too bouncy.
Touch/feeling is greatly improved on slower opening loops and controlled loops.
Much more linearity in power delivery and has more gears.
Power and spin delivered in equal measure at a very high top end speed.
I also found it more tolerable with regards to bat angle. I could vary it more to change my shots to loop to more flat hit.

It's the best boosted/speed glued rubber I've ever tried. I'm not surprised so many pro's are using it.

so this sounds very promising!.... i happen to have a bottle of this falco booster too! i got it over a year ago before i started using tenergy
ill have to give this stuff a go, and see if i get as good as a result 

any change in sound with the falco booster?

Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

LOL  LOL  LOL

This may be the funniest post I've ever read on this forum.

I agree, has to be up there. Chuckled quite a bit.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 11:12pm
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]

uhh. why is this type of booster listed three times?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
strongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 12:30am

any change in sound with the falco booster?

Some increase in sound, not enough to make heads turn. Gives more of a bang when hitting hard, as opposed to the click when looping.
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]

well i have heard they vary a small bit..... lamp and paraffin oil burn cleaner then kerosene?

not an expert in the field ....but i can still swap one of them out for a better booster if you have an idea?

raflispet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raflispet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 2:40pm
Is Falco booster available in the US? Is it legal?
Stiga Kjell Johansson Clipper (conic handle)
FH: Mark V mx
BH: Mark V mx
raflispet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raflispet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 2:44pm
How long does the reg oil last before needing re application? 
Stiga Kjell Johansson Clipper (conic handle)
FH: Mark V mx
BH: Mark V mx
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 4:26pm

Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]

well i have heard they vary a small bit..... lamp and paraffin oil burn cleaner then kerosene?

not an expert in the field ....but i can still swap one of them out for a better booster if you have an idea?

They are all the same thing. Paraffin oil = lamp oil = kerosene. The only way they can differ is in "quality". I.e., lamp oil vs. ultra pure lamp oil.

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 4:27pm
My ex training partner gave me a call and told me that his 6 months old t64 is awesome after boosting with lamp oil (5-6 layers). Speed is %10 more but sound and spin is much much  better he says...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 6:43pm
 Im a little confused, in your opening poll you have one question that says "no...other" and 3 forum members said yes we do that, my point is a no means no lol so how can you not boost with other products if you don't boost?

I can understand if you said spinmax,or another type of cleaner to add grip

but a very interesting survey anyway cheers
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 8:43pm
I voted no... other... because I interpreted it to mean there was another reason other than the ones listed before it for the reason I do not boost.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2010 at 12:25am
yes thaidog is right.... and also i was just leaving my self room to change it to something else if i thought of something later on after i posted it..... it was really just a safety like the first 3 things on the list.... i know they were the same but put them separate anyway

my line of thought was.... at the end of the day, yes means yes and no means no!! count them up and figure out the percentage later, but at the same time find out in more detail what there using...:)

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2010 at 5:12pm
I boosted my 1 year old T05 yesterday, because of this topic and other similar threads about it. I played with it this morning for about an hour. I like it much better with boost. It reminded me of T05 when it first comes out of the package(pre-shrinkage). The heavy spin has returned, it sounds better and has the needed catapult effect. Not to mention it now fits my blade again.
I don't plan on playing with this for long, as the weight it too great. But it was fun hitting and looping with my wife this morning.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2010 at 8:26pm
I think this 'better performance after boosting/tuning Tenergy' thing rewards +fortitude to those who claimed pros are tuning their Tenergy. Unless I try and experience it myself, I say it's still a myth. LOL
:: EJ level 1 ::
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2010 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

I think this 'better performance after boosting/tuning Tenergy' thing rewards +fortitude to those who claimed pros are tuning their Tenergy. Unless I try and experience it myself, I say it's still a myth. LOL
Thanks
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2010 at 9:02pm
I tuned all three the 05, 25 and 64...with lamp oil and the 64 seemed to have been the most successful
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2010 at 9:07pm
FWIW... I just confirmed it with one of our top local players... He uses paraffin oil on his T05 and T64 sponge every two weeks and Spinmax on topsheet.  Blade is Stiga Ebenholz.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2010 at 10:13pm
I had a hit with a tuned Tenegry 05 on a friend's blade today.  This is a really top level player, I will not say more than that and will provide nothing more that could possibly allow identification of this person.  (Don't bother to guess, given the number of players that either live or come through this city or spend a little time here coaching, it could be a very large number of people).  I did not ask the method used for tuning but will endeavor to find out. 

It felt really really good and it sounded different.  I see why professional players do it and it was obvious in the first rally.  And it was not because of the blade.
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2010 at 10:21pm
hmmmm.... very interesting!   i'm liking what im hearing
i use 05 on both sides now.... so you better believe im going to boost one side before the next time i go
ill report my resultsSmile

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 12:03pm
I am trying an experiment with an old sheet of T05 using a product designed to stop leaks of automobile transmission fluid.
Archon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2010 at 9:29am
Hi, I'm reading this forum for a long time, and this topic forced me to sign up...

I also experimented with lamp oil on my older sheets (T05/T64). The result was that they became faster, spinnier and softer. They play like a dream, BUT they got tooooo heavy on my TB ZLC, any suggestions, except changing blade or bodybuilding Smile
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2010 at 9:37am
The transmission lead repair fluid made an old sheet of T05 faster and softer.  I prefer it au naturel I think.   
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2010 at 10:34am
Tenergy 64 does NOT need booster.
Tenergy 05 with booster, performs slightly better.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2010 at 10:52am

so the more i inquire about this, the more i find out people are boosting/tuning there tenergy rubbers!!!!so the questions for the tread are:1. are you tuning/boosting your tenergy to get the speed glue effect? 2. what did you use to tune/boost it?3. how did you find the effect.... increased speed and spin? and how long did it last?4. do you recommend it?5. do you know people that do it? even if you don't ****please note that this is a tenergy specific topic........

1: No.
2: Nothing.
3: Don't know, but I suppose Tenergy is no different then other rubbers,so naturally it will become "better" with boosters/speed glue, but it will also reduce it's life span.
4: Certainly not, boosting is illegal, even if it is made with an "undetectable" method.
5: Yes, and they are very pleased with the effect it has, just like they used to be pleased with the effect tuning/boosting had on their Stiga Boost rubbers.
The holy grail
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic