Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Mercury II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2011 at 11:17am
Sorry if I'm derailing the M2 thread... 

jt99sf, you were at SFTTC last night?  Turns out I hit with you for 3 mins when my opponent went for restroom break.  One of the guys asked if I knew you, they mentioned your name.  Then this morning I thought, you know that guy looked really familiar.  Have I seen a pic of him on some forum before?  Yes!  Tongue

The chopping I was doing with you was just for fun, but I've been incorporating it more just to throw off the pace.  Thx for the tips.  We'll see how this M2 34 performs soon enough.  I ordered a few sheets too.
Sponsored Links

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2011 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by kelvinyoong kelvinyoong wrote:

Great service from ttnpp. Ordered and was shipped the same day. Should get it by next week.

Does the M2 sponge need priming before use? Or will 1 coat of VOC glue on the sponge and blade be good enough.
I don't use voc glue. Can you post your finding with voc and with wbg glue? Thanks
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2011 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by pushchop pushchop wrote:

jt99sf, you were at SFTTC last night?  Turns out I hit with you for 3 mins when my opponent went for restroom break.  One of the guys asked if I knew you, they mentioned your name.  Then this morning I thought, you know that guy looked really familiar.  Have I seen a pic of him on some forum before?  Yes!  Tongue

The chopping I was doing with you was just for fun, but I've been incorporating it more just to throw off the pace.  Thx for the tips.  We'll see how this M2 34 performs soon enough.  I ordered a few sheets too.

It was nice hitting with you last night, good rbh!  Thanks to dual700, I ordered 10 sheets of the M2 (sponge =33) and also med pips for my BH. It s/b interesting to try on my TBS and Photino.

JL
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 1:44am
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

It was nice hitting with you last night, good rbh!  Thanks to dual700, I ordered 10 sheets of the M2 (sponge =33) and also med pips for my BH. It s/b interesting to try on my TBS and Photino.

JL
JL, please don't beat me up if you don't like M2, ok?
I work for YinHe LOL j/k
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 10:14am
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

JL
JL, please don't beat me up if you don't like M2, ok?
I work for YinHe LOL j/k

@dual700, I have nothing but gratitude. Big smile  if the M2 plays anywhere close to the CJ8000, I'll be very happy.
My order was just sent...Clap

Edited by jt99sf - 02/20/2011 at 11:31am

superjet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2011 at 8:21pm
I like to try one,But what Hardness,How's the M2 33 vs 37 ? Or may be I should try the 35 ?
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2011 at 10:01pm
I just received my 2 sheets of Mercury II from ttnpp. I got both 37 degrees. I opened the red and the sponge is very firm, probably high 40s to low 50s in the european/japanese hardness scale. Sponge looks to be a little porous. Quality out of the package appears very good for the price.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2011 at 10:12pm
Just remembered to weight it before I start putting glue on it. It is 63 grams uncut which was expected since the sponge is dense.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2011 at 3:03am
63 is very good. Several of the red rubbers from the last batch I've got from ttnpp weighed over 70 g.
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2011 at 5:51am
Orded a sheet of 36 and 33 degree! Will slap it on TB ALC or MJ :)

Edited by van_doorn - 03/04/2011 at 11:49am
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2011 at 10:59am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2011 at 12:08pm
It would be nice to merge both topics into one.
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2011 at 12:43pm

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40244&title=galaxy-m2-rubber
Anyone else wants to post their reviews? Smile 

My order is still stuck in HK post office, customs snafu or something.  Cry
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2011 at 1:05pm

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40244&title=galaxy-m2-rubber
Anyone else wants to post their reviews? Smile 

My order is still stuck in HK post office, customs snafu or something.  Cry

I'll be at SFTTC tonight to try it out on my TBS.

pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2011 at 1:39pm
This is what I love about the Internet.  I talk to people on forums and don't even realize they frequent same clubs!  Guess I'll have to show up tonight if I want a preview of my order.
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2011 at 8:28pm
 I played М2 black max 36d a white sponge. Good.
 Throw  - more low than Т05.
I saw a photo of a yellow sponge 37d.Probably
 various structure of sponges ?
It is interesting, whether someone can measure density of a sponge and topsheet separately ? I think that the best rubber in series М2 will be - with equal density at both.
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2011 at 11:11am
Just ordered couple more of M2s before Imago cleaned them Big smile
Where is kelvinyoong and sweetstrike? Did u guys like them? Tongue
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2011 at 11:29am
it is quite good without tuning. I guess it will be really good with tuning. The most surprising thing I noticed - wow, this chinese rubber has quite noisy sound. red, 36deg, but I think it is harder than 36.
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2011 at 12:39pm

Just ordered couple more of M2s before Imago cleaned them Big smile
Where is kelvinyoong and sweetstrike? Did u guys like them? Tongue

I really want to try it out but I just strained my shoulder so it'll probably take a week or two to heal.
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2011 at 2:20pm
Sorry to hear!!Ouch
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2011 at 7:45pm
Finally got a chance to play with my 34 degree red and black sheets.  I'll have to agree that it is a very good rubber for the price.  It plays similarly to my 36-38 degree CJ8000 j-sponge in terms of throw angle, except pushes are a tad higher.  Even though my M2 is 34 degrees, it doesn't feel that soft.  Has a muddy/crunchy feel to sponge that feels a bit cheap like dual700 said.   CJ8000 j-sponge has a more dense crisp feeling when hitting with power. 

In any case, I had no problem at all switching from BW2 39 and CJ8000 36-38 to M2 34 on FH and BH.  It is easy to adjust to.
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2011 at 8:59pm
Sorry am busy with work so not much time to play these past few days.

Playing with it a bit it feels like the 36-38 of the HK1997 Biotech sponge but softer. Sponge is lighter and not as good quality as the BioTech sponge. The M2 sponge seems to be a bit more porous as well.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2011 at 2:09pm
BTW, M2 34 is really freakin spinny!  Great off the bounce kick.

I just can't get past that crunchy/cheap feeling of the sponge...am sticking with BW2 for now.  Smile
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 11:23am

BTW, M2 34 is really freakin spinny!  Great off the bounce kick.

I just can't get past that crunchy/cheap feeling of the sponge...am sticking with BW2 for now.  Smile
Try tuning the sponge Wink
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 12:10pm
I really like it so far. I just need to get it past the tacky to the grippy stage, then it'll be perfect.
It's a great value rubber. The 34 degree sponge is working well for me.Clap

kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 8:36pm
@jt99sf

What colour is the sponge of your M2? In the other post the pictures show the sponge to be yellow or light orange or could be due to lighting.

The 33 degree i have the sponge is cream white and doesn't feel very dense.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
JasonRShaver View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonRShaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 11:10pm

Great... Where is the best place to buy? I am seeing some sites selling but not giving sponge hardness options? Only the thickness.

We sell it at TTX, in 1.8mm, 2.0mm, and 2.3mm and in 33, 37, and 41 degree in the Shore-A scale (some stores carry Galaxy products in the Shore-D scale).  

All it all, it is a REALLY great product for the price and it is better than the previous Mercury.  We sell about 30 sheets a month and it is the 3rd best selling Galaxy rubber this year (13th best selling product all-together) as 3/09
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 12:43am

@jt99sf

What colour is the sponge of your M2? In the other post the pictures show the sponge to be yellow or light orange or could be due to lighting.

The 33 degree i have the sponge is cream white and doesn't feel very dense.

the sponge for the black topsheet is yellow, I haven't opened the red rubber yet.

tonite, the topsheet is starting to be grippy. it plays really nice on my TBS.Clap

Edited by jt99sf - 03/10/2011 at 12:45am

JasonRShaver View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonRShaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 2:26am

the sponge for the black topsheet is yellow

All of the ones we have at TTX are white/creamish and we got a pretty large amount just last week from China.  I have never seen a yellow or yellowish one before, but the picture shows yours as having the new font for markings that is only 3-4 months old (and the rubber itself has only been out for 5-6 months).

Weird
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 7:55am

? Someone else can tell that:
 throw M2 = throw T05 ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic