Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Mercury II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2011 at 2:41am
Thanks for all the suggestions!  I think I'm gonna check for ttnpp to see if he's got a 38, and if not then explore the other options.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2011 at 4:34am
With T-11 try M2 40 black and Venus 2 red.
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

With T-11 try M2 40 black and Venus 2 red.

Thanks man, I might have to do that since ttnpp apparently only has red M2@38's.  If eacheng has M2@40 that'd be great, because they just got some Sanwei T-88's and I kinda wanna give them a try as well.  Imago, you seem to be pretty adventurous when it comes to equipment, with the hype surrounding the T-88 I, maybe you'll be interested in giving the various T-88 variants a try as well!
buzzbuzz44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzzbuzz44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2011 at 4:05am

finally i've got my mercury 2.. to get rid of the stickyness, i put some talc powder and  then wash them off with soap water . what's left is nice natural  rubber grip without the overwhelming tacky surface.

i,ve been following this thread with interest.
perhaps maybe they should create a thread topic like cheap equipment comparable to ~..
out of hundreds types of rubbers out there some may have similar qualities.

Edited by buzzbuzz44 - 07/28/2011 at 4:16am
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2011 at 4:08am
Yesterday a friend of mine mounted a black MercuryII 38 deg on a Stiga Intensity Carbon. Impressive. It felt like playing with Acuda S1 on a wooden blade.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2011 at 12:30am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Yesterday a friend of mine mounted a black MercuryII 38 deg on a Stiga Intensity Carbon. Impressive. It felt like playing with Acuda S1 on a wooden blade.

how about the weight of cutten mercury II? light?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2011 at 12:42am
Yesterday I've got 70 Mercury 2 in 36 and 37 d - 2.0 mm.
56 gr uncut, 42 gr cut for 158x150 blade.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2011 at 12:47am
Imago where did you get them in 2.0mm for a good enough deal to buy 70 ?. I'd love to be able to buy 10 or 20 for jnr training in 2.0 or less
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2011 at 1:13am
I played with my 38* red MII today. Still very sticky. 

Sponge is very weird. Can't describe it. It is certainly not dead, but not euro for sure. Not as good as Moon. I would agree it's well worth the 4 bucks and is very playable. 

Still, if you can afford $30 per sheet no need to look into this.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2011 at 1:16am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

2.2mm is 48 grams cut.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2011 at 9:02am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Imago where did you get them in 2.0mm for a good enough deal to buy 70 ?. I'd love to be able to buy 10 or 20 for jnr training in 2.0 or less

Ordered them directly from Yinhe, along with Mars 2 @ 1.8 and 2.0. PM me if you are interested.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2011 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Sponge is very weird. Can't describe it. It is certainly not dead, but not euro for sure. Not as good as Moon. I would agree it's well worth the 4 bucks and is very playable. 

the below quote is from 08/24/2011

All chinese rubber except Moon is crap. Sun is pretty good, but Moon throws a little bit higher and is lighter.
Everything else is dead.
Moon, while super nice, does not have the speed glue effect though. Joola Express has that. Even makes the same noise. But feels the exact same way like speed glue.

I guess MII made a jump from the crap heap.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2011 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

2.2mm is 48 grams cut.

Is that light?
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2011 at 12:50am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

the below quote is from 08/24/2011

All chinese rubber except Moon is crap. Sun is pretty good, but Moon throws a little bit higher and is lighter.
Everything else is dead.
Moon, while super nice, does not have the speed glue effect though. Joola Express has that. Even makes the same noise. But feels the exact same way like speed glue.

I guess MII made a jump from the crap heap.

Wow, I am flattered someone reads my posts so carefully Embarrassed. I am apparently generalizing - I could not have possibly tried every single chinese rubber, although I did get pretty close. I can show you my ttnpp account for the last 6 months. I tried this only 3 days ago. It certainly isn't anything to write home about, but the sponge does bounce back more than the usual chinese.  The throw is a little weird though, jumps very high first, but then doesn't curve down nicely like quality rubbers do, and like the spin of a high throw would suggest. May be you can get used to it. I wouldn't play with this rubber. Moon is still the only chinese rubber that is good for looping as far as I am concerned, Sun coming very close, but being heavier. Mars II has a nice lively sponge but throws very low and can't use it for attacking chopped balls without exaggerating the looping stroke.  
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2011 at 2:12am
Use 2.3 sponge @ 41 to have higher throw. And put Mars 2 on a Korbel in the end.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2011 at 2:28am
I can summarise this whole thread with my review of Mercury II.

Is it as good as the current generation tensors.. not quite. Is it as close as you can get for 5 dollars.. Yes!.. Is it worth $5-$10 totally!. Is it worth $20.. alllllmost. Is it worth $30 when you can get tensors from ttnpp for that price. no
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2011 at 3:25am

Is it as good as the current generation tensors.. not quite. Is it as close as you can get for 5 dollars.. Yes!.. Is it worth $5-$10 totally!. Is it worth $20.. alllllmost. Is it worth $30 when you can get tensors from ttnpp for that price. no

To me it's worth more than the $30 tensors(except maybe Thor's?).  The M2's tackiness really helps my over the table looping and short, spinny services, something neither the tensors nor the Moon(which I have on my BH) is very good at.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2011 at 3:35am
That's fair enough, it does offer more ease doing that kind of thing than most of the tensors. It's still not as good as DHS's dead tackys at that game but if you want to play a bit of everything close and far then it's really good
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2011 at 10:10am

I agree with this for the most part. I think Acuda, Baracuda, XIOM Vega Europe @ $30 are a better buy than this thing at $4.

Now, if I still lived in Bulgaria, and earned $300 a month, then it's a whole different story.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2011 at 11:33am
I just want to add:

the M2 rubber is a great value, I've bought a few batches and my issue is with the brittle sponge(topsheet is great). If you apply the M2 to a blade and play until it needs replacing, then for $4, you can't beat it.

If you want to transfer the M2 to another blade for whatever reason, then you're taking a chance of the sponge falling apart.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
santilohi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote santilohi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 7:15am
Hello: See using gums Mercury 2 and the Reactor Corbor - He tested the two tires - 2 33 red mercury and the black Mercury of 37th seems more it soft and take more effect and less fast than the good red gums of right red and very well (tacky) black of upside down...On the Corbor have proven those of forty-first with yellow sponges, are more light but more slow than the of 44 ° - which are more you hard, with sponge crema.y fast.That degree and colour are those that uses?Best regards.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2012 at 12:36pm
Corbor (yellow sponge) are also nice rubbers for the price - I got 20 rubbers for abt $60 and used them for my returnboard. Excellent service to the purpose, more than two years now.

As for the M2 sponge, prime it before attaching to the blade and you will be able to reglue it 15 or 20 times with no harm. Now I am using one totally overplaced M2 on YMLK Chinese version and it plays almost like the other one - which is a 6-month T05. Less noblesse but still vigorous.

Edited by Imago - 03/05/2012 at 12:37pm
santilohi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote santilohi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 6:23am
 I've tried several degrees and 33 ° and 35 °, they are similar to SRIVER L and the and the 37 and 38 ° is more similar to the Sriver Fx less ° more Japanese type and ° type Chinese - from 37 and 38 ° acquire more effect such as the Dhs Hurricane 3 and the GLOBE 999, but more fast, but last less , also worth less - are good but I prefer the top 729 Friendship and duran and they control more and are a little more slow.Reactor Corbor other good rubber Sriver type.
In Woods my dear and surprising Galaxy N-9, improved by mi-greetings
santilohi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote santilohi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 7:06am
Porque´dices that all the Chinese tires are crap, is that you have tried them all, then it is that you like to play with sh*t.-it's a tell - rather you could have said, that with the Chinese tires have you tried not you liked, quedarias better, that does not generalize and stating I do not defend the Chinese product, I am Spanish. but I use Chinese products rubber , apart from the MOON, which are good, of Friendship, the most., have you tried the 729 top that I use-729 Oem, I if and Fx - 729 - 05-729 cream - and others more 729 Focus 3 Snipe, unproven 729 08 and the new 729 origin.
That you have not tried the Reactor - the Corbor, mark resembling the Sriver very good, and the Thunder, another good, and the Tornado, I've tried all three
Dhs Hurricane 3 Provincial, also sucks.
And Woods .tendrias which prove china Galaxy N-9, enhanced by hand by my of manufactures, for 25 Euros and the thymus of the brands compare it with the Butterfly for more than 100 Euros and 200 Euros, with the same tires .and Verio.Famous-Timo Boll, 14 models, often scam. price-I have compared my wood with one of the more faces of Timo Boll. and controls more the mia, being almost as fast.
For very little money you can play as well as believed because it is worth a lot more it will play better. Error committing muchos.lamentablemente.
shirazir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirazir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:47pm
Just ordered Mercury II - 37 Black and Moon - 38 Red.

Will do something of a review and comparison when they arrive. Now which to put on the forehand........LOL
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2021 at 12:39am
Cut weight on a 157x150 blade from sample size (I’ve been writing them down since I saw a video of Timo Boll weighing his rubbers. $5 vs $80+ sheets lmao)

Red:
Medium - 48g 47g 47g
Hard - 48g 49g 48g

Black:
Soft - 42g 43g 42g
Hard - 48g 48g 48g

They all have been very consistent. I use these rubbers to review or test blades to get a feel on performance. 
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2021 at 12:41am
they play excellent after 1 layer of sea moon btw especially the Medium version. Has a bouncier feel

Edited by mon22 - 03/07/2021 at 8:10am
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
merlin el mago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin el mago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2022 at 7:49am
I know old thread, how to know the hardness degree, I bought mine 2.0 black in a local store? 

Edited by merlin el mago - 09/29/2022 at 8:06am
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2022 at 8:16am
I seem to recall they stopped putting numbers on the sponges some years back, I think now it only tells you Soft, or Hard?  Maybe someone with recent experience can confirm this.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
merlin el mago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin el mago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2022 at 8:25am
Thanks for suport, just read on the cover at gold stick "Moxa" soft. 
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic