FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Keyshot Arylate Specification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyshot Arylate Specification
    Posted: 09/05/2010 at 5:54pm
Does any one know the specifications ( Speed and Control ) of the Keyshot Arylate ( The discontinued ) I have the Box, but I have no clue as it's scribbled in Japanese ...
Thank youSmile

Edited by Pioneer - 09/05/2010 at 6:02pm
Blade: Timo Boll ZLF ST
My Feedback

Sponsored Links

kmichael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2010 at 6:21pm
http://www.butterflyonline.com/online_store_productcloseup.asp?page=shakehand_blade1.asp&type=1&ID=92&pg=2&SortBy=b.NewProd&displayNum=20

Speed: 8.4
Control: 7.9
Feel: Soft

the real speed of this blade is less than BTF said and it have more control .
the elements that BTF gives is not real.
if you like looping style then it doesnt  makes for you this blade.

But if your style is ALL(For all around players who mix attack & control shots) then its perfect for you.

rosewood 5
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2010 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by kmichael kmichael wrote:

http://www.butterflyonline.com/online_store_productcloseup.asp?page=shakehand_blade1.asp&type=1&ID=92&pg=2&SortBy=b.NewProd&displayNum=20

Speed: 8.4
Control: 7.9
Feel: Soft

the real speed of this blade is less than BTF said and it have more control .
the elements that BTF gives is not real.
if you like looping style then it doesnt  makes for you this blade.

But if your style is ALL(For all around players who mix attack & control shots) then its perfect for you.

but the above referred link is for Keyshot Arylate Light, not the old one I have, as I don't think it's feel Soft at all, rather than I think it's medium. that makes me feel there's a different between the ( Light ) version and the discontinued ... but thank you anywayClap

Edited by Pioneer - 09/05/2010 at 6:51pm
My Feedback

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2010 at 10:26pm
If you have one of the orginal Keyshot blades here are the details from years ago (before 2001):

Speed: 8.5
Control:  8.0
Feel:  Medium (you were correct here)
Class:  Offensive plus
Plys:  5 plys wood, 2 plys arylate
Weight:  90 gms
Height:  158 mm
Width:  152 mm
Thickness:  6.2 mm
Handle Styles:  FL or ST

Have fun playing with this one.  It was very popular in the US at one time.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2010 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

If you have one of the orginal Keyshot blades here are the details from years ago (before 2001):

Speed: 8.5
Control:  8.0
Feel:  Medium (you were correct here)
Class:  Offensive plus
Plys:  5 plys wood, 2 plys arylate
Weight:  90 gms
Height:  158 mm
Width:  152 mm
Thickness:  6.2 mm
Handle Styles:  FL or ST

Have fun playing with this one.  It was very popular in the US at one time.
 ClapAccurate specifications I think, it really matches the blade I have ... any suggestion for rubbers ?

Edited by Pioneer - 09/05/2010 at 10:47pm
My Feedback

j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 2:24am
i have this blade a few years back.. and its really a great blade. i used h3 prov on my fh and donic desto f1 (hs) on my bh. nice combination.
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 3:58am
I have the original keyshot. I don't like it. I try every rubber I have (H3,BP,T05,Hexer,IQ,etc) and nothing seems to work. The blade head size is too big for my liking, especially near the handle. It has too much control and not enough speed for me.
IMO, this blade is an all round and good for players who need a blade with excellent control.
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

I have the original keyshot. I don't like it. I try every rubber I have (H3,BP,T05,Hexer,IQ,etc) and nothing seems to work. The blade head size is too big for my liking, especially near the handle. It has too much control and not enough speed for me.
IMO, this blade is an all round and good for players who need a blade with excellent control.
Yeah, it has much control but you will enjoy the non-vibrating feature in this blade, but I think with the right rubbers combination you will get the speed you crave, personally I have tried T05 and Bryce, but surprisingly, it went great with Bryce and it gave me more speed and spin than I expected with T05, looking to try Yasaka Pryde 30 and 40 and Coppa platin or silver and Barrcuda ... Smile

My Feedback

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 12:42pm
I would think it should tame many of the faster rubbers and allow more spin from them.  It used to be used with speed glued Srivers and Mark Vs, so maybe Bryce Speed or FX, or one of the new rubbers from Donic.  I liked Tenergy 05 on it, nice feel and helped control the short game.  Maybe Baracuda or one of the Hexters, or Vegas if you want to avoid Tenergy.  I wasn't impressed with this blade with any of the Chinese rubbers I tried, they didn't seem to be a good fit.  Could be just me.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

I would think it should tame many of the faster rubbers and allow more spin from them.  It used to be used with speed glued Srivers and Mark Vs, so maybe Bryce Speed or FX, or one of the new rubbers from Donic.  I liked Tenergy 05 on it, nice feel and helped control the short game.  Maybe Baracuda or one of the Hexters, or Vegas if you want to avoid Tenergy.  I wasn't impressed with this blade with any of the Chinese rubbers I tried, they didn't seem to be a good fit.  Could be just me.
Since you're playing with Feint AG, do you think it's a good choice with the original keyshot? I'm playing now with F755 Silver Hawk, but wanna change it and considering Raystorm or Feint AG or Feint longII what do you think and which thickness ??
Thank you very much ...
My Feedback

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 6:54pm
Feint AG 1.3 mm red did work well on this blade, so did Feint II 1.0 mm red.  I play an aggressive counter drive game on my backhand, and either will work well on this blade.  I eventually  found this blade harder than most to twiddle to use my inverted side, so have moved to a different blade.  For players who don't flip the racket so often it would work well.
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 8:03pm
First of all, thank you 1dennistt, it seems to me that your style is similar to mine. I want to change my LP 755 to counter drive my opponent's best looping shots, but I can flip and loop with backhand's inverted side ( Bryce ) occasionally ...  it's not an easy matter as you said before but I'm working on it.
but what about Blocking and receiving and the wobbling effect on the ball with both of them ??
and what's the discrepancy between Feint AG and II ??
My Feedback

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 11:22pm
Feint AG is a fast pip, and the thinnest sponge is 1.3 mm, thicker than I would like.  Blocking is not as good with it as with Feint II, both seem to handle dead balls well on service receive. Against backspin Feint AG pushes more like inverted at times, chopping is ok off the table, not so good up close.  Both will allow you to be aggressive against loops, Feint II is probable better in an allaround game especially with thinner sponges.  Feint AG is better in a more aggressive game style. Neither gets a lot of wobble as far as I can tell.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 1:29am
I just got my hands on its big brother, the Moonbeam.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 1:01pm
I had the option to buy moonbeam or keyshot.
I chose the Keyshot because I heard that it's a legend amongst Butterfly's blade.. But from the head size alone I can tell this is a control blade.. Maybe I should size down the head size? Wink
Would it be a TT sin to do that since Bty does not make this anymore? That makes this blade an endangered blade species Unhappy

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 2:55pm
I've been playing with my Keyshot for more than 4 years, Would like to try something new like Photino since I like the Medium feel blade and control not less than 8.0, but I'm afraid to suffer fluctuation ... any views ??
My Feedback

Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I just got my hands on its big brother, the Moonbeam.
Never heard about it, I know that keyshot was not just a single blade but series, don't know exactly how many, where can I see all these discontinued BTY blades?

Edited by Pioneer - 09/07/2010 at 7:23pm
My Feedback

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 12:03am
The Keyshot is a great blade and the new ones (Photino and such) are not better.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 12:05am

I had the option to buy moonbeam or keyshot.
I chose the Keyshot because I heard that it's a legend amongst Butterfly's blade.. But from the head size alone I can tell this is a control blade.. Maybe I should size down the head size? Wink
Would it be a TT sin to do that since Bty does not make this anymore? That makes this blade an endangered blade species Unhappy

Don't desecrate the legendary and now quite rare blade Shocked  It is a beautifully balanced offensive blade as it is, plays a lot like a Maze or a TBS.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 8:54am
The problem with this blade as I understand it, was that it had a tendency to warp.Ouch  So surviving blades are more rare than other blades from this time period.   Mine is in great condition.  No warping, few battle scars for such an old blade.  I think this was a problem with the early arylate blades from Butterfly.Cry
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 11:27am

Don't desecrate the legendary and now quite rare blade Shocked  It is a beautifully balanced offensive blade as it is, plays a lot like a Maze or a TBS.
I dunno about Maze, never play with one.. But my TBS is way faster, and more importantly, it's a good pair with H3 on FH. Keyshot + H3 is not a good combo. Maybe I'll just leave it as it is and keep it as a souvenir.. LOL
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 12:40pm
Yeah, it's similar to Maze, same speed and control and feel as far as I know, but the mean issue here is the attached rubbers, it differs from rubber to another, for instance T05 did not impressed me on Keyshot while it was great on Maze, could be just me ....
My Feedback

Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 11:31pm

I dunno about Maze, never play with one.. But my TBS is way faster, and more importantly, it's a good pair with H3 on FH. Keyshot + H3 is not a good combo. Maybe I'll just leave it as it is and keep it as a souvenir.. LOL
If you don't play with it, just let it go. keeping it " out of service "  is a big sin ... LOL 
My Feedback

dominicprete View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dominicprete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2018 at 8:42am
hi! i just got my racket back... its a butterfly keyshot fl. bought it 1995 when it came out.  i was wondering what would be the best rubber for FH and BH. i'm more of a control player who counter attacks. before i use Mark V for both BH and FH.

Thanks for your help  :)
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2018 at 6:32pm
very good blade, by today's standard it feels medium to medium soft, offensive in speed and nice feel...great for mid distance play, good for close to the table play
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic