FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Lissom reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy Lissom reviews
    Posted: 09/06/2010 at 11:40am

Nexy Lissom Testers: Place your Nexy Lissom reviews in this thread and update them as needed. I will try to hyperlink everyone's review in this post #1 of the thread. Post # 2 will be what Nexy wrote about the Lissom. Following posts will be reviews and comments/questions.

Have at the fun everyone.

Der_Echte Review

Loopmeister Review

Thomasson Review 

JimT Review

Rawrtje review
and

Peter79 review

Speaquinox Review

Skline Review

Peter C Review

ttcyfi Review

Johnny89atc Review

jcdi mini review

Edited by BH-Man - 10/11/2010 at 11:43am
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 12:00pm
--------------------------------------------------------------

the Second Wave for NEXY blade design.

If I can use he term "wave" for the designing work of Nexy, then I can categorize my nexy blades into two different waves.

The first wave's core topic was Hinoki surface.

I found out that Hinoki had lots of attractions, but most other brands did not know it how to maximize that good attraction harmonized with other traditional blade compositions.
If we select one traditional 5-ply or carbon contruction, and only change the surface from Limba or Koto to hinoki, then we can not make full use of Hinoki's good character.

So, I thought there could be some room that I can show how Nexy can be diferent from other brands.

It took 3 years to complete that study.

I released many kinds of Hinoki surface blades, and I loved all of them.
They are very characteristic in their own ways in all things.

Dexter :  the fastest among 5-ply hinoky surface blades, without any artificial material.

Hannibal :  smooth and well balanced hinoki carbon blades, good for short pimple out rubber attackers, too.

Oscar : well balanced, and very natural feeling, computerized blocking- very well organized arylate carbon blade.

Color : moderated 5-ply hinoki surface blade from Dexter. beautiful hamony in all things.

Iskandar, Temujin : Hinoki one-ply J-pens.

After releasing these hinoki surface blades...

I found out that I have to try something new.

And I started to move somewhere else.
That direction goes the other end of the road, where most other brands did not try.

After speed gluing banned, most global brands thought that they had to find out some blades faster and stronger.
So, they tried to find some material harder for the surface, and they made the blades thicker.
Or else, they release lots of new blades inserted with fast artificial layers.

But for me, I did not think that way.
If a blade become faster, it loses something in the other hand.
That could be spin or control.

Sepcially regarding spin, if we can energite more spin, it becomes more power and speed.
So, once we can make bigger spin on the ball, then the initial speed of a blade can not be mettered much.

Here comes the factor which changed my blade design concept from Hinoki material into some other direction.
That's how the second wave of nexy blade desing occur.

If I want to make more spin, then what will be the needed chracter of a blade?
It was quite simple.
Two factors.

The next generation blade should promise two things.

1. longer staying moment (guaranteeing good "bang impact")

2. embracing the ball into the blade (I will call it "embracing feeling")

Number 1 is simple factor. So you don't need more explanation.
But number 2 is not easy to understand. I'm not sure how to express that character in Englsih, either.

By the way, if I explain it by examples, then you can compare Koto surface and Limba surface.
Koto does not embrace the ball compared with Limba.
But most limba blades feel that they embrace the ball deep into their chest.

This feeling is very diferent from Hinoki surface.
Hinoki feeling does not relate to the inside of a blade.
It's sticky feeling stays only on the surface.
But embracing feeling means that blade seems to embrace the ball into it.

So, I tried to find the way to make bigger embracing feeling and longer staying moment.

The first result came out as SPEAR.
And my second result is about to come out as "LISSOM".

Lots of good players tested Lissom in Korea.

Their first response is being amazed by that embracing feeling, just like SPEAR.
And their second response is how this blade is that light.
It's because they are only 5.7mm.

Any way... I can not tell you all the secerts about LISSOM here.
But I think you will know what is the result of that second wave sooner or later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh

Nexy: if you don't mind, I'd like to ask you two questions. If the answers give away some trade secret that you don't want to share, then I understand if you don't answer. My two questions:

1) Do you use hide glue in the construction of your blades?

2) What is the outer ply of the Lissom?

Thanks.

Thank you for the inquiry.

That makes me smile. ^^
I did not know people can think of my secret that way.

1. No. Glue has nothing to do with fast speed. Actually, my lissom is not much speedy.
  It's only 5.7mm, so not possible to be fastin generally.
  But you will feel it fast, because it generates good spin.

2. I use white ash. But I don't know this wood is the same with some other blades'.
   White ash can be categorize by colors into many different types,
   and my ones are little bit white, hence soft and embracing.

Will these answers satisfy you?

The reason I dn't want to tell the secret about my blades is because it's not very secret.
It's very easy and simple constrcture, but no other company did not try before, which made me surprised and happy.
So, if I tell the construction to the detail, I think other brands maybe follow me.

Actually, it will happen in some time, at any rate, but I don't want to make it happen in the soonest time.

By the way, I don't want people see my blades as a mysterious or harzadous one at all.
Actually, what I'm doing is only to go little big further, not staying where most other brands stay.
I don't understand why people don't go to the end.
All the pleasure and value will be much bigger if they go all the way to the end.

Thank you again.!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BH-Man, I just hope all the people here can become happy with my lissom. ~^^ and I think 50% is really cheap and big chance, but I have to add 20 usd for delivery if they are outside of Korea. There could be different delivery fee but I will make it 20usd, and my Lissom's price will be 100 , so 50% will become 50 dollor, so altogether it will be 70.

I dont know those unselected will accept this offer. But I think they truthfully came here because they really wanted to meet my Lissom,, then they would accept it.

Regarding speed of Lissom, I don't think it will beat up Spear. Lissom is focusing on feeling, but Spear is focusing on power. So they are not similar in many aspects. But they share deep embracing feelings. By the way, actually, I think my Spear is quite a big one. With that cheap price, this is really good one for high level player. I hope more people will try it. It has something all players have been asking for. But Lissom, I think some people will be crazy about it, but some others will not think it's that much special. Any way, so far, all testers really liked Lissom. I think Lissom's true value is noticeable for high level player more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I definately have to give some more information about LISSOM C-pen.

As I visit China quite often, I can compare between Chinese market trend and Korean market trend together.
And there is one interesting thing to know.
In China, Chinese people start not to use C-pen much, and they tend to start with shake hand blades now.
But in Korea, C-pen is getting more and more popular.

The reason is simple.
Now Chinese people came to know that C-pen is not easy to learn and not comfortable for most amateur players.
So, begginers tend to start with shake hand blades.

But in Korea, it's little bit different.

Most Korean people used to play with J-pen for many decades.
And recently, many people changed their gear from J-pen to shake hand blades.
But some people choose C-pen, because it looks more comfortable to change.
And some people who chose Shake Hand blades also switched into C-pen.
Of course, some people are moving from C-pen to shake hands.

So, I can say that Korean market is very confusing with so many styles at the moment.
(And there are also lots of people using long pimple out rubbers.
I call them "long pimple push blockers".)

Any way, this variety made me to learn and experience lots of things in the short time.
And specially regarding C-pen, I could learn a lot very fast.

My Spear and Lissom are really versatile blades.
Both of them are focusing on the spin power, which is an important factor for c-pen playes.
And I could get lots of useful information from top C-pen players in Korea, and I made a very ideal weight balance and shape.

This size is 159*150 ~ 162*150, which is longer than my usual ST and FL's head size.
I made them longer, because C-pen users need more power on their looping.
This 2~4mm longer head size covers lots of things in effect.
When you play c-pen, you lose some length than you play with shake hand.
And also you will feel more pressure on the speed and power, because C-pen relies much on shoulder and wrist, than elbow which is main power source for shake hand blades.

It's little bit technical explanation, and not easy to explain all with words here, but just trust me, that Spear and Lissom C-pens are very ideally shaped and have good weight balances.
I will give more details some time later in my nexy designer diary thread.

And between Lissom and Spear, C-pen users can choose what they will like considering two different factors.

Spear has better power and speed than lissom.
It's feeling is soft, but solid.

Lissom is lighter and lissom(^^....actually I don't know another better ajnd easier word for this).
It's another good function comes from thin thickness.
It's only 5.7mm, so you don't feel pressure between your fingers.

Any way, in Korea, Spear is proved to be very good C-pen.
And I'm quite sure it will be in other countries.

I will gather some more information about my C-pen design and post an article in designer diary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, meet the new born LISSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! 

The weight of Lissom FL and ST is 80~85g.
And CS is 75~80g.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Rich215

Sounds very interesting Nexy.   Any chance you are going to make a All+ looping type blade?

Yes, why not....!!

I think that blade will be "Lissom".

This blade is like a circus bike rider, who rides one wheel bike on the one lined string up in the air.

I've been almost in panic driven by my unstopping passion and far too much detailed care designing this new blade "Lissom", because I had to find where people can not resist the optimum vibration flanked with good feelings onto their hands.

I don't know how to say, but I do remember the feeling when I first tested Violin.
It was not the best blade, but the fedeling and vibration was amazing.
If that feeling and vibration was consummated by big spin computerized control, then I can not definately be running this my own brand.

But to my sorry, that blade could not beat other traditionally well acknowledged blades, due to lack of power and something wierd feeling whenver I felt when I tried to make it's own curve for looping.

(I wish my poor English did not make you misunderstand what I wanted to say here... )

Any ways, I'm still not 100% satisfied with this new blade "Lissom", but I'm quite sure this blade is not something you can easily meet in the market.

Truely uniqueness will be filled, and yuu will be entertained enough by my insane curiosity and passion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here I post the several samples I've been wroking on.

You will meet how I've been changing.
In each samples, I've been changing the material, thickness and size.

Later, I will tell you the whole story how I worked on these new blades.
So, today, just satisfy you with some pictures of samples.

This is the picture of some samples.

Spear is designed to fulfill maximum spin.
When you hit the ball with this blade, then you will feel that the ball is going into the blade bone, and the blade seems to hug the ball deel into its heart.

And below is the pictures of Lissom.

This blade has very similiar feeling to Violin blade done by Nittaku.
But my one is much powerful and stable.
You will know the differance at once.

Any ways, the final version of this Lissom is totally different than now.
I changed even the surface material.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for showing your interest toward Lissom.

The final version of Lissom is 7-pl, and it will be very beautiful.
I'm now considering how I can make this blade more fashionable now.
THe basic function is already attained.
It's fast, and very lissom and resilient, has a fantasitc vibration, not too much but attractive enough to deliver the whole felling about the spin and power of the comping and flying backward balls will have.

I will take picture of one Lissom very soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SmileDear Nexy Friends,

I'm now very happy today.
I finallized all the details about Lissom, and it will be out in the market soon.
I think it will take about a month.

Anyway, I want to show how I have been doing with this new blade.
I thought this blade has to become very unique, and I tried very new idea at the final step.
And the result is amazing.
You will see how it will be, if you check the below pictures.

This is the first sample.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second sample.  

3rd. Sample.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After experiencing those three blades, I found out it will not be possible to have a blade powerful and thin, with 5-ply constitution.

So, I started to work on 7-ply design.
And also I changed the surface, too.

I will not show several samples I tried until I get this final version.
But it was quite pleasant.

I could learn something about 7-ply blade design.
I think some of that can be applied into my next work.

Anyway, here is the final version.
You will see the constitution is quite unique.
And the feeling is amazing.

The basic function is very the same with SPEAR.
It grabs the ball deep.
And it reples the ball with full power and speed.
But very thin, and pleasant touch.

I think it's general feeling is quite similiar to VIOLIN.
But I think this one is more trust worthy.
You can feel that this blade seems to catch the ball and snatch it away with big spin.
It makes me trust it.

Here is the final version of LISSOM.

Edited by Nexy - 06/29/2010 at 10:29am 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This topic will be very intersting ones for every one here in this forum.
I'm not sure how much agreeable for you this analysis will be, becauseit's not about mechanic calculation only.
In some ways, this part should be considering each player's different style.
For examples, how the swing goes, what angle is comfortable for back hand & fore hand stroke and loopings, how long the ball stays on the blade when he makes spinny shot, what's the impact of the swing movement when he make powerful top spin, how he rubs the ball when he wants to make a pimple out rubbers' effect to the maximum.......and so on.

So, this article will be general one, and I hope you don't expect me to be a fortune teller for table tennis blades.

Ok, let's start with the "staying moment".
This term "staying moment" is what I made to explain what I think about surface material.

When you make a top spin shot, you can see some people keep the ball on the blade for certain moment, enough to see how he makes big spin on the ball. Normally, this movement goes little bit round way, but linear or straight.
The blade draws big circle around.

But when you become faster and more powerful, then you easily moves into quicker movement.
Some players use their wrist when they make top spin shot, from back to forward, not only from down to up.
If this movement happens in a very short impact moment, then you can feel the looping becomes a lot more powerful.

If you have a chance to play against top players, then you will know that their ball is more powerful than you see and guess.
You need to keep your blade tight, and be stable when you block, because the flying ball seems to push away your blade back.
And you will be thinking why my top spin is not that fast?
How I can make my top spin that fast?
And some of you might have tried to make faster swing movement.
But only to find that faster movement is not the practical answer.
As I told you, some times it's about writst movement, or arm folding....or....

But I can say one sure thing. It's about impact.
When you hit the ball with your blade, the blade was at the highest speed, and the ball needs to be smashed both ways, from down to up, and also from back to forth.
It't too simple answer, so you will think it's not that special.
But then again, please, think about what will happen to the ball and rubbers when you make that powerful shot.

In that moment, the ball goes into the rubber, from top sheet into sponge, and finally into wooden surface.
For powerful loopers, this impact happens all the time.
They know how to make the ball touches deep even into wood.
So, when you make this powerful shot, even though you are doing looping, still you can hear the big sound of the ball's impact on the wooden surface of the blade.

If you don't hear the sound which normally happens when you smash without spinny movement when you do looping, then it menas that you are not doing those top player's shot.

Any way, it's not all the important factor in table tennis.
As far as I know, there are some good players who can not make this "bang" sound when they loop, but still they are really powerful.

By the way, whenever I make a blade, I discriminate the "staying moment" for general swing movement from this "bang" looping movement.
Some blades can be good for general swing, but not good for "bang impact".

I don't want to degrade Chinese blades, but lots of chinese blades are not good for this "bang impact" shot.
They tend to focus on the feeling and power onto the table movement, which should be about small but quick swing.
So, they don't think whey a blade has to be powerful with that "bang impact" shot.

If you have "bang impact" shot, and if you use that shot onto the table, then your opponent can not even see the ball. The ball just disapears.
The impact generated by this "bang impact" shot distorts the top sheet of the rubber, and also distorts the sponge upon to the blade surface, making big "bang" sound.

Edited by BH-Man - 09/06/2010 at 12:54pm
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 12:28pm
I remember some posts before the Spear coming out, about how the Violin had really good feel, but felt not solid in the whole picture, and how the Lissom would be like something in between the Violin and Acoustic, with the feel of Violin, but more trustworthiness in shots (like Acoustic?).

Maybe those posts would be very interesting to readers too? Especially since the Violin/Acoustic have such cult rep.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 12:34pm
I am in the middle of a couple days off work AND the search seems to work worth at least 1/2 a crap, so why don't I follow UR fine suggestion and update Post #2 ???

Done V2.0 of Post #2.

Edited by BH-Man - 09/06/2010 at 1:21pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 1:53pm
Initial impressions of Lissom, Day 1 (at Nexy HQ and my club)

Blade is uber thin and light. I prefer brick solid and heavy. Blade felt stiff, but in looping, it was surely flexy. Div 1 Koreans were in the shop testing the vibration feedback of hte blade and held blade head in fingers and clonked their heads several times to get the feel. Intersting way to get feedback.

Blade is rated somewhere in the neighborhood of ALL or ALL+ and that seemed correct for the slow shots or the touch shots near the net. Medium and fast looping, it seemed easily like an OFF- blade. It was easy to generate overwhelming spin using T05 on all speeds of looping with a full swing. Impressive was performance of fast loops and continuous looping. This blade was a beast there. You get monster spin and kick to go with the unexpected speed on fast loops. Unless opponent has the timing down to a T and sees it coming, you get a block long to loop again and again until there is no more return. Nexy staff pro hit with the official Nexy Lissom shop test blade equipped with a new Stiga Rubber retailing around $50 + and man, those loops were packed and FAST. I block well and all I could do to trouble the dude was to fast block and my blade angle was practically on top of the ball.

I drive mostly on BH and loop FH, but sometimes open loop BH on long serves. The drives had surprising speed on BH, I expected less speed. Blade vibrates mediumish. I usually hate vibrations, (Think of hating Stiga earthquake shaking blades) but these vibrations were not irritating to me. Generally, a slow swing produces a slow ball, especially on pushing, you got to add more swing to get it the same as the Spear does.

Power shots had both sheer speed and kick from the bounce. Power shots are especially troubling to the opponent, but even deep openers were a trouble spot. The ball carries more spin than you realize and if you land it deep, that spells trouble. I got a lot of balls blocked long during the knockaround before the matches I played at Nexy HQ, and during the match. I also had my share of hitting the ball with the edge of my blade. You won't believe the kick this blade and a good rubber produce. It always seemed to kick more than I expected. I had to focus more and take those shots off the bounce more to correct that. This blade kinda forces you into stopping the habit of being too wreckless and going for it all onthe first chance.

Since you can apply pressure and reasonably expect a block back, you can continue the looping. This blade nudges you into that style. However, when you do go for the big shot, you have a good result. Maybe I still need to move to even more of a connecting shot buildup before blasting the ball. Lissom seems to be a blade to fit that bill.  I caught the bus back to town and got back in time for a 30 minute hit at my club. I did the same stuff with Lissom there. It looks like I still have some adjustment to make with my timing against the Lissom and also with it, but I will stay on it and update my review post.

The Lissom blade I got at Nexy HQ and the rubbers I slapped on it in front of the bag Nexy gave me.

Near end of Week ONE impressions as follows...

I am still getting used to this setup, yet I am winning more points. The key is the kick is more than you think. Even when players get used to that (many do not!), I get a lot of balls back to keep attaking. That is pretty much the theme of this blade: Attack, expect a return, and keep attacking until you sever your opponent's head. This blade plays more into this style and my coach has always been telling me to use more shots before finishing the opponent, or use a spinny, yet slower/deeper/well placed opener to take control of the point before blasting the ball through my opponent's cranium. 

I have played 4 days in my club and one night in Korea TTC in Seoul, Amsa Dong against opponents varying from div 5 to div 1. I played div 4 there two months ago, but am now probably a div 3 player for that TT group. The Lissom allows me to slaughter the div 4/5 players, give the div 3 players fits and mostly win, be just under 50/50 with the div 2 crowd, and entertain the div 1 crowd on my way to a certain loss, albeit with a couple games making 9 points.  Even against the Div 1 players, my hookshots back them up each loop and I win the rally, a whopping total of two of them each match. The kick is too surprising to commit to all out counter attack - opponent has to play it safe and at that the opponent still can miss. Div players here will drive you batty with their controlled returns from serve that limit or make attacking strongly not a very good option.

This blade is not solid like the Spear, it is thin and flexy. On power shots, you feel the ball staying on the racket maybe even too long, (Think Matrix in slow mo - slow, but fast AND cool !!!) but perhaps this is from using and loving the TBS. Openers that are slower than powerloops are  trouble for opponent when I land them deep. Powerloops after building up pressure and moving opponent where you want  are sweet. Not blinding, but they land and you win the point period. You don't feel like all the energy is trnasferred into speed. that is because it is NOT, You get spin energy that kicks and adds to the trouble. That bang impact Nexy emphisizes takes effect with good result.

Edited by BH-Man - 09/12/2010 at 11:11am
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 2:37pm
@BH-Man
Amazing....
U squeezed everything into just ONE paragraph...
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 4:10pm

NEXY LISSOM REVIEW:

Pictures:

I will post just one picture here, rest will be included at the link.
I dont want to make a 6 page review here LOL

Video: Im the player in Orange

In this video I switched the Nexy Lissom for my Acoustic between the sets.

Review:

Edited by Thomasson - 10/20/2010 at 3:17am
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 10:04pm
Review: Nexy Lissom ST

First Impressions- Fantastic build quality. On par with Butterfly and Xiom wood blades. Smooth with no splintery surfaces. The wings of this blade are sharp and will require 3 minutes of fine tuning with my Dremel tool.

The ST handle is squarish, very much like the Butterfly TB series ST handle or a Butterfly Mizutani Jun ST. Very comfortable.

Bouncing the ball w/o rubbers, the blade feels like ALL+ or OFF-. But the hardness makes me think the speed will change once the rubbers are on. I think med-hard fast rubbers will go well on this blade. T64 or Xiom Vega Pro, maybe Macro Era 47.5...

to be continued...

-------------------------------

Recently I tested Lissom with Vega Pro max on the fh and Roundell 2.1 on the bh.

Like people have said so far, Lissom offers great control and it is capable of executing almost every type of shot. Lissom feels like OFF or OFF- with these rubbers, compared to ALL+ or OFF- when just bouncing a ball on the bare blade. However with these rubbers I found that passive blocking (or any passive shot) was the biggest change coming from composite blades. Active shots are of course a little bit slower with Lissom compared to composites, but passive shots are much slower. Countering instead of blocking is probably better with Lissom. 

Vega Pro max feels really good on the Lissom. The rubber is fast but it doesn't feel too fast for the blade. Very good combination. Roundell which is bouncier and has less dwell than Vega Pro, doesn't feel very good on Lissom. It has that unbalanced "fast rubber on slow blade" feeling. Bad chemistry.

Serving with Vega Pro on Lissom is low and spinny. Very nice. The extra control opens up more spots on the table to serve to.

So far the 85g Lissom is much slower than my 92g Acoustic, so the transition from my composite blades to the Lissom will take more time compared to the Acoustic. But the Lissom's lower throw angle makes it easy to adjust to many shots vs. the higher Acoustic throw angle.

I will make another update after I test more rubbers...

-------------------------------

I just finished testing Lissom with Tenergy 05 and Palio Blitz.

Lissom is fantastic with Tenergy. Very good spin of course, and great speed but not to the point of losing control. As with Vega Pro, I think Lissom plays extremely well with offensive/spin rubbers with a med-hard sponge. Usually I have a problem with Tenergy on all wood blades that are similar speed to Lissom or faster, because of the high throw angle, but Lissom's more neutral throw angle makes it a great pair with Tenergy.

Lissom is also good with Palio Blitz. For me its a good bh rubber. Good spin and control. Although for some people Lissom might not have enough power with Blitz. Not spineless, but maybe a little too soft. Generally speaking, I think certain rubbers could be too soft for Lissom, although there will always be players out there who prefer a setup with an extra soft feeling.

I would recommend Tenergy 05 or Xiom Vega Pro on either side of the Lissom. I will outfit my Lissom with these rubbers for the long run.

Clap

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 10/15/2010 at 10:00am
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 10:18pm
Got my Nexy Lissom FL 88 g today - apparently 30 dollars worth pf EMS shipping buys you a heck of a delivery speed.

Will post photos and first impressions shortly - first I need to seal it.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 8:17pm
Hey Nexy,

I'd like to thank you once again for picking me as a tester. While I am extremely grateful for this, I had specified in my initial order that the blade weight be on the heavier end between 85-86g but because the pop-up blocker was enabled, I don't think that it wen't through considering that the weight of the blade I received was 82g, the lightest one. If possible, would I be able to exchange my existing blade for an 86g one please? I haven't used the blade at all and would be happy to pay for shipping. If not, that's perfectly alright and I will still perform an extensive review of the existing blade. Please let me know as soon as possible so I can ship out the blade. 

Thanks!
GO MUSTANGS!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 10:01pm
Sorry for the wrong weight. But lightness is one strong feature of lissom, and I hope you can test that one. 82g one is not the lightest one, rather average one and you met what I intended exactly with that weight.
Be noted that lissom will be good with Genius, Hexer, Tenergy, those heavy rubbers and I think you can match good weight if you use those heavy rubber. Thank you!!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 10:05pm
If you still want to exchange, then I can give you 86g for FL, 84g for ST, currently the heaviest weight.
But you need to send delivery fee to me again. But I think you don't need it. Every blade has it's own character, and 4g lighter weight will grant you a better chance to meet what original design wanted to consummate.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 12:59am
BH-Man, I apologise for the slight off topic & trust things won't be derailed or diminished even slightly.
I am looking forward to all these Lissom reviews. Is it possible that it might be even more well suited to an all-rounders game than the Spear? (which btw, I am still in love with).
Time & experience will tell.
I am regretting not getting on the list of people who were extended the generous 1/2 price + 20. offer. I would've jumped at it.

What I am really here to say & ask is this. That NEXY Bag is S E X Y!
Do a separate review thread please, with pics, if you've the time!
Thanks! 
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 9:22am
Hi Nexy, please clear your PM box because I want to send you a pm about a Lissom order. Thanks in advance!
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 9:59am
Any video review guys.. ???
That would give us a very clear idea on how Lissom performs..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 11:03am
Video review might be interesting, but might also morph/hijack into discussion on player's strengths/flaws.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

BH-Man, I apologise for the slight off topic & trust things won't be derailed or diminished even slightly.
I am looking forward to all these Lissom reviews. Is it possible that it might be even more well suited to an all-rounders game than the Spear? (which btw, I am still in love with).
I am regretting not getting on the list of people who were extended the generous 1/2 price + 20. offer. I would've jumped at it.

Thanks! 

I have a hybrid OFF/DEF game where I am on-steroids attacker on serve and DEF/OFF on receive, unless serve is anticipated long or opponent pushes long or otherwise gives me chance to take the initiative. Both the Spear and Lissom suit this style. At first, I did not expect much from Spear, because of the reduced speed step down from TBS. After playing with spear a week or two, I realized I made a few more shots and made my game a little more chance to rally more than one shot before going bezerk on offense. The Lissom has the same first impression for days 1-4. The overall speed is not as fast as I want it, but I land more shots. Surprising though, is my power shots are FAST and high percentage winners that trouble my opponents, like my attacks with TBS. I require more time to adapt to this blade and discover if this trend continues. It surely did when I used spear for 2+ months straight and had TBS collect dust.

As for the bag, my Korean club members are proud that a foreigner is using so much Korean brand equipment - and a change in equipment every so often that they never saw before. Also, this Nexy bad holds everything in organized place. Before, my BTY (HUGE bag!) or Addidas bag (Large bag) did not have enough compartments to organize my stuff. I carry a LOT of different stuff. (There are threads about what we TTers carry around in our bags !) This Nexy bag has a place for everything and is well thought out. Also, the dominate domestic Korean brands Ashtree and Vitro have popular bags that have much less room. This bag holds it all. Maybe I quit being such a lazya$$ and take sum pics and make a thread.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 11:27am
Originally posted by ttcyfi ttcyfi wrote:

Hey Nexy,

I'd like to thank you once again for picking me as a tester. While I am extremely grateful for this, I had specified in my initial order that the blade weight be on the heavier end between 85-86g but because the pop-up blocker was enabled, I don't think that it wen't through considering that the weight of the blade I received was 82g, the lightest one. If possible, would I be able to exchange my existing blade for an 86g one please? I haven't used the blade at all and would be happy to pay for shipping. If not, that's perfectly alright and I will still perform an extensive review of the existing blade. Please let me know as soon as possible so I can ship out the blade. 

Thanks!

ttcyfi, It is know that I prefer a super heavy blade. Lissom is 5-10 lighter than my weight preferance. I judge a blade by the feel and balance. This Lissom I have is 83 or 84 grams. Easily 10 grams lighter than I like blades. balance on this blade is slightly head heavy, as I cut my Tenergy 2-3 mm beyond the blade to account for future shrinkage. i will soon balance this out with grip tape. Even on the perfectly balanced, and perfect FL handle BTY TBS, I use grip tape. I have a puny paw, but still require a fat handle. Even without grip tape and SLIGHT head heavyness with my overcut rubbers, I am performing similar to before when I play with Spear blade and same rubbers. I put on the grip tape and make more comments. It might just be me only who likes a fat handle and the feel of grip tape, maybe not.

If you are deadset on a little heavier balde and can wait, plus pay two way shipping, OK. Why don't you try out the blade with some Tennis racket grip you can pick up anywhere for $2-3 USD?? I do not thing the lighter weight will affect the balance of the blade so much. if you are a power hitter and like brick-like solid fast power blades, this blade will feel different. it is for spinning the ball with great spin and control/feel, keeping the boot to opponent's neck, then slicing the head clean off. You still get the end result you desire. Consider testing it at its current weight and use grip tape. with grip tape, I expect the balance to be MUCH more to my liking, even though it isn't out of control, like say BTY VSG 1000. That blade with rubber felt like it had a dumbell glued to the tip of the blade felt so damned head heavy awkward. I sent that blade away to someone who could possibly use it for a hammer or something.
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 12:26pm
Hi Nexy,

Thanks again for your kind comments and advice. I really appreciate all the help  you've given, however, I would like to exchange the 82g blade for an 85-86g blade please. I believe that I will be able to play much more fluidly and post a more relevant review of the blade if it is heavier. I am definitely willing to pay for the shipping and handling and have am actually in the process of purchasing a rubber from your website right now so you can send the new blade as soon as the order goes through! I will post a comment in the order form specifying the handle and weight of the LISSOM just in case (FL; 86g). Just send me the RA# as soon as possible so I can ship out the 82g blade today. Again, Nexy, BH-Man and JimT, thanks so much for all your advice and help. I was a little intimidated to ask for an exchange at first but you all are very comfortable and friendly people to talk to. 

Thanks!
GO MUSTANGS!
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Video review might be interesting, but might also morph/hijack into discussion on player's strengths/flaws.
I see your point.. LOL
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 12:41pm
Made some pictures, sealed it, slapped the rubbers on it (PME 47.5 + Outlaw), will test drive it today!!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I see your point.. LOL

Important point is that you make the interesting point. I do not have enough faith in my game to have the demanding crowd here at MyTT focus on the characteristics of the rallies/points, instead of my flaws. Not that I am afraid of exposing them, (I do that every tourney and every night enjoying TT to the hilt for hours on end), rather I know enough of forum dynamics to see what is coming. I wil not make it distract from the intent.

Your observation and desire are totally merited.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by ttcyfi ttcyfi wrote:

Hi Nexy,

Thanks again for your kind comments and advice. I really appreciate all the help  you've given, however, I would like to exchange the 82g blade for an 85-86g blade please. I believe that I will be able to play much more fluidly and post a more relevant review of the blade if it is heavier. I am definitely willing to pay for the shipping and handling and have am actually in the process of purchasing a rubber from your website right now so you can send the new blade as soon as the order goes through! I will post a comment in the order form specifying the handle and weight of the LISSOM just in case (FL; 86g). Just send me the RA# as soon as possible so I can ship out the 82g blade today. Again, Nexy, BH-Man and JimT, thanks so much for all your advice and help. I was a little intimidated to ask for an exchange at first but you all are very comfortable and friendly people to talk to. 

Thanks!

I am reluctant to believe intimidated as the operative word, rather I believe you to be cautious, proper, slow to incite, and upholding manners as a practical  matter.
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 2:18pm
Thanks BH-Man. FYI, You're my new go-to rep for table tennis advice. 
GO MUSTANGS!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 12:07am
TO TTCIFI

Thank you for the message.
Sorry for late reply.

Ok, you just send the given Lissom, and make an order in Nexy.com and don't forget to leave a note what Lissom you want.

And regarding the given Lissom, please, send it back to me.
You just send it without specified number.
It's ok. So far no item returned, so I think it will not be difficult to notify that blade is coming from you with this reason.

Thank you again.
And please, don't hesitate to communicate with me with any matter.
I have a clear rule in running my business, and I can tell you what's possible and what's not without prejudice.

Edited by Nexy - 09/11/2010 at 12:08am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

Thanks! 
Yes, yes...it's really sexy bag.

I spent lots of time on this bag.
As I wrote in my designer's diary thread, I thought that for players, more compartments are needed.
Space for dry shirts, wet shirts, a bottle, a wallet, a watch and small stuffs, keys, a mobile phone, small chages....shoes, towels, blades, all those small things.
If we keep everything in the big space, and when a mobile phone rings a bell, then we have to search inside for some minutes, which will be irritating for other players.

Any way, I made 12 compartments, and all things are very handy.
I hope this bag makes people how different Nexy's way is from other brands.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 12:59am
Blade Structure and possible hitting area.

I think each blade has it's own character.
Every blade is different.
And it's not easy to say what character will be ideal for all the people.
So, I can not say that my specific blade is good for all the people.
But I can discriminate my blades that which is different from some other blades in what point.

Here it is.

If you look at the picture I drew in the upper space, you can see what's the difference between when you are close to the table and away from the table.
From this simple comparison, the difference seems not very wide.

But if I add some other factor, the angle of blade, then the difference becomes pretty wider.

If you look at the second picture, you will be fascinated.
if only you can come close to the table, and if only you can make wider angle with your wrinkle and blade, then the course of your ball can be extremly wider.

But there lies one trick.

If you want to make the ball goes that close to the net on the opponent's table, then the ball has to make a very high curve.
I mean if the ball goes only straight with big speed, then you can not make use of this attractive close to the net space, deadly weapon, because it passes through  not touching the table, due to it's high speed.

So, I councluded that spinny but slow, with high curve ball has definately big power.
If the ball has high curve, then the ball goes high enough to go over the net, even though the shot was done close to the table, or even on the table, and if the ball has big spin and not very speedy, then the ball goes downward rapidly, making deadly painful attack onto the opponents' space.

Therefore, I always think how I can make that effect on some blades, and for some other blades how I can make longer trajectory, by which we can make the opponent stay away little by little, until he loses one point.

Bsically, these two good factors are not possible to be attainable in one blade.

I mean if a blade wants to have a powerful long trajectory, usually ball goes very high with steady height, and it's not possible to make a close to the net landing.

In the other hand, if a blade has so good spin and control, that we should make deadly short landing close to the net on the opponent's table, then it must not have very powerful long looping.

Therefore, people decide what they like.

Some people choose ALL blades.
Some others choose OFF blades.

For an example, among my blades, DEXTER has very long and powerful trajctory.
But color has very versatile ways.
Those two blades can be examplary for this theory.

By the way, I started to think that why these two factors can not be compatible?
Why do we have to choose one and discard the other?

That was the point I started to think about my "SECOND WAVE".

In the recent writing, I explained what is 'second wave' for nexy.
But it's not only about how to make a blade has embracing feelings.

I thought that I can separate the blade's function extremely different when we want to hit the ball with full power, from when we want to make it slow but spinny.
If must depend on the surface feelings.

If you hit the ball with full power, the ball goes deep into the bone of the blade, therefore, if I want to make the returning ball very powerful, then I had to prepare something very powerful inside.

On the contrary, if I want to make a ball very spinny, slow and controllable, when we hit the ball with care, then the blade has to keep very soft and embracing feeling on to the surface.

This is the core factor I kept until today, why I try to start "the second wave".

Now I'm waiting how people response to this chracter, which I maximized with Lissom.
I tried to make use of this character also with SPEAR, but spear seems little bit more honest.
But Lissom is very cunning.
It's mysterious chracter will make you laugh, or at least smile.

Please, check how you feel, and leave a reveiw!!

Edited by Nexy - 09/11/2010 at 1:02am
Brand Manager of NEXY
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 1:04am
I am going to the Korea TTC in Amsa Dong Seoul tonight for the Daum TT league meetup. My Nexy bag is filled with a whole pile of "needed" stuff that would make a field surgeon blush. Nexy bag keeps everything in order. If I put all this stuff in my BTY bag, it would fit, but I would be "digging" through some stuff to get what I needed.

The Nexy Lissom with new sheet of T05 will be my weapon of mass destruction tonight. I look forward to this hitup. I went 4-0 in 4th division last time. This time around, I will get hit upside the head and start a riot if I try to play 4th division. I will end up playing Div 3 and giving 2 points handicap to those 4th division players. I hate giving away points, or receiving them.

Nexy makes a good point about the cell phone ringing. Korea is a cell phone crazy country, maybe leads the world in that department. That says a lot as USA is a crazy phone country. Phones go off all the time and that aspect sometimes irritates the daylights outta me. To be fair, the military calls me at all kind of odd times, so I want to answer the phone within a minimum number of rings. I use the outer mesh pocket for that. Works good. I think Nexy designed that for loose stuff.. My water bottle that I use costs me $.32 and is 2 Litre in size. It wont fit inside there. My sportsdrink, 1.5 Litre of blue Powerade cost $1.00 USD and wont fit there either. Plenty of room inside the bag for that, my paddle case, towel, and shower kit. The zip open and pullout shoe compartment is also one of the best design features.

Edited by BH-Man - 09/11/2010 at 1:41am
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 1:14am
The concept about being close to the table and far away with spinny vs powerful shot is intriguing! It's something rather intuitive, but I've never explicitly thought of it that way. I'll definitely keep that in mind when hitting with blades from now on.

On a side note, the Lissom handle is a grayish black, almost like someone dusted a fine layer of wood dust over it. After two coats of wood varnish, it turns a beautiful, dark black. I'm really fascinated with the beautiful black handle. It's very pleasing LOL

The blade is beautiful, by the way. I love how everything is just plain classy. Absolutely top notch.
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 12:49pm
Hi Nexy, 

I just sent off the blade today. Also, I've ordered a new sheet of T05 from your website so that + the shipping will hopefully cover the handling fees for the blade. I've also specified in note with the specifications of the LISSOM. Thanks! 
GO MUSTANGS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic