Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Lissom reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2011 at 4:42am
Thanks you two for the good points.
FYI I like to keep them in as close to mint condition as possible.
I must say that I have only "traditional" Chinese rubbers on hand, and no glue, and was guessing how I like or dislike it basic on the playing properties. But still for close to the table H3 like rubbers (neo included) are slow on Lizzom for fast attack and only good for spin. One sided may be acceptable though...
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 12:17pm
I've played a few times with Lissom now and I must say I'm truly impressed! This blade is fantastic for looping and for spin play. The speed is moderate and control is high, also over the table. Chopping is also possible and fun. I still have to test how it blocks, though: it's just too tempting to play counter-topspin with Lissom, rather than blocks or flat hits!
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 12:16pm
I intend to play again a bit with my Lissom (the first one was stolen a few months ago, this is the second one which I bought from one of the forummers here) and will post again a little bit... will see if my impressions changed or not.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 1:52am
With PeterC's permission I can let you have a go at it. I've tried it for about 8-10 times and really like it.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

$100 new for such a wonderful blade seems a nice deal to me.

I am tempted. Can anybody living in USA be kind enough to let me test the Lissom? I'd pay shipping both ways. I could eventually buy or trade things for it.

I want to test it with Calibra LT MAX (I just bought a very gently used sheet) on the FH in my search for a relatively fast setup that is controllable on the short game,  performing in looping from mid distance and not too crazy fast when close to the table. I'd put Acuda S1 MAX for the bh.

Thank you,
fatt

Clap ... i'm watching you, buddy.... Wink .. from when you thought you finalized your set-up with tibhar genius. keep it up..! let ej market not suffer from recessionary pressures... 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

$100 new for such a wonderful blade seems a nice deal to me.

I am tempted. Can anybody living in USA be kind enough to let me test the Lissom? I'd pay shipping both ways. I could eventually buy or trade things for it.

I want to test it with Calibra LT MAX (I just bought a very gently used sheet) on the FH in my search for a relatively fast setup that is controllable on the short game,  performing in looping from mid distance and not too crazy fast when close to the table. I'd put Acuda S1 MAX for the bh.

Thank you,
fatt

Clap ... i'm watching you, buddy.... Wink .. from when you thought you finalized your set-up with tibhar genius. keep it up..! let ej market not suffer from recessionary pressures... 

one thing is for sure. the p700 is not the end of the ej road.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 7:21pm
Very witty Ejmaster

And no doubt right too.

Admit it Fatt, your sense of curiosity will get the better of you and you'll want to try another blade at some point in the future.

In the meantime, have fun testing the Lissom, when it arrives from thethinker.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 10:28pm
Fatt, if you would like the Lissom to be anything like the T-Series, fail. If you like topspinning until you are silly, you will love Lissom.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 12:03am
Fatt, try Hurricane King 3 if you're an EJ, it's a perfect blade, no other blade that I've tried is better than it. 
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 1:38am
OT:
Peter79, how comes that in a very short time you moved from Violin (ALL+/OFF-) to Latika (OFF) and now to HK3 (OFF++)?

This said, I still like my Lissom better than any other blade I tried. But my game is very much based on spin, so this should be no wonder.

Join the Nexy Clan!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 2:02am
@Arg0, actually HK3 is not faster than Latika.
Only if you hit hard, it will be a par or slightly faster which I can't tell surely.
But This blade can spin well as well as smash well.

With Lissom you can only loop and loop, with H3 it's slow when I smash.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 3:30pm

The Lissom blade arrived yesterday; thank you so much thethinker and peterC.

I will play it this afternoon w/ Calibra max fh and AS1 max bh (maybe moon 38 bh).

Yesterday night I took down a 2100 (3-1) and a 1900+ (3-1) with the P700  and those fast rubebrs (the 1900+ took me down 3-1 after that...but I was tired Ermm) so I was all pumped up about the setup but still so many shots were off the table on the fh game close to the table. I expect that to be much better with the lissom while the looping will be spinnier so not much easier to deal with (see apw's setup).

More to come.

thanks,

fatt

what the hell you are doing playing calibra max and everything max in the 2000 around level.
a thick p700 (quite soft btwy) with max fh and bh. even wlq is going to have some issues about feeling with that setup.

if you feel the p700 too slow change the blade. but the max won't fix the setup. you will lose feeling for your level. The p700 with 2 acuda s1 2.0 must be enough. if needed more speed then change the blade.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/30/2011 at 3:43pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 4:33pm
I found the Lissom matched up well with 2mm Calibra LT, 2.1mm Tenergy 05 and 2.1mm Tenergy 64.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 5:15pm
I find Vega Pro 2.0mm is a very good FH rubber on Lissom. About the BH, I only tried Hi Super, because I got a good deal on it. It's sort of OK, but I cannot compare it to other rubbers.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 7:26pm
Fatt

When you've finished testing the Lissom; can you please return it to me, as I'd like to retest the blade; with 2mm Blitz.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2011 at 4:03pm
By the way, I am selling my Lissom - don't need it anymore since my son quit the sport... see the Sale section.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 3:27pm

Stiff and not too hard. Little feedback and no vibration; just a clear and brief impact that is felt but does not propagate much into the palm and wrist.

We must be using different Lissom blades, my friend. Lissom certainly has some vibration... and I believe I read other players opinions mentioning the same.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 4:30pm
Compared to Acoustic, Lissom has noticeably longer vibration. It's not bad, it's just there.
I agree that it feels more like a 5-ply than a 7-ply. The reason is that the three central plies have the grains running in the same direction (tip to handle), instead of being crossed.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 6:33pm
One note about Lissom.
Since I moved to Munich, I'm playing in a club coached by a former German high level player who has also been the private coach of one of Germany's top young female players. Me and my club mates are nowhere near and will never reach such levels, but he's kind and patient enough to coach us adults, too.
He was very impressed by my Lissom blade. He played with it shortly and said it has an amazing feel and yet it its not a slow blade. He said all other blades he knows with such a good feel are much slower than Lissom. He thinks that such a blade would be suitable for 80% of young or amateur players and yet he had never heard from the brand Nexy. He said that it is a pity that Nexy products are not commonly sold in German shops.

He borrowed my Calix II, so I'm curious to find whether he liked it, next week.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 11:51am
Sorry to revive a very old thread but I figured it is better to consolidate all the info/feedback regarding Lissom on a single thread.

I bought an 81g Lissom with ST handle a couple of days ago. I paired it with a used but fairly new sheet of Sigma 2 Pro on FH and DHS H3-50 soft on BH. I had a 3 hour session today and here are my impressions:

Lissom is currently the slowest blade I own yet this blade allowed to play the most aggressive. The amount of control is excellent which gives me a sense of safety so I am not afraid to play hard and aggressive. Also because of the excellent control, my short game improved a lot. My service returns were more accurate.

Although this is a slower blade, if you are not lazy you can still generate a good amount of speed. But I noticed that the speed is not only from the sheer acceleration of the ball but rather from the spin of the ball. And boy, can this blade generate a huge huge amount of spin!

I used the exact same sheet of S2P on both my Xiom Vega Pro and Nexy Oscar and the spin generated with those blades is considerably less. Whenever I loop, the ball has a very pronounced dip and curve. Sometimes when I really snap my wrist and forearm the ball goes up and suddenly dips down the table very fast. Based on the height of the drop of the ball you would normally expect a high bounce as well, but as soon as it bounces on the table the ball bounced low and short. This really threw the timing of my sparring partner way off. He got so frustrated he started yelling at himself. :)

In terms of impact feel, the blade feels soft and flexy. But the softness is different from Oscar and the Vega Pro, both are softer feeling blades. I will try to play with it more to properly explain the feel.

One problem I had was with the H3-50 soft. I think it does not pair with the Lissom well. My BH flicks against sidespin serve is quite inconsistent, most of the balls hit the net. I did not encounter this problem when paired with the Oscar. I think the H3-50 is too dead on the Lissom. Can anyone suggest a BH rubber? I think I prefer a bouncier rubber. I  mostly flick and punch block with my BH. The rubbers I think would suit me are: Stiga Airoc Astro soft, Xiom Vega Japan, and Andro Grip. Any more suggestions?

Thanks.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 12:50pm
Sigma2p on my bh on the zxi does wonders. Have you tried twiddling and using it on your bh?

Very detailed review btw

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Sigma2p on my bh on the zxi does wonders. Have you tried twiddling and using it on your bh?

Very detailed review btw

I was enjoying the S2P on my FH I forgot to try it on the BH.. My bad.. :)

Don't you find it too hard on the BH?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic