Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Lissom reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2010 at 11:14am
Nexy, this is the player who got me to learn all those nasty serves I use against you and others. He knows his business and is true to his sport and more importantly, his wife/family. he will give the blade a good, honest testing. He did have very high expectations from your descrption of the Lissom.

I look forward to seeing how this goes.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2010 at 12:25pm
Hi Nexy,
I was wondering if you ended up shipping out the blade yet? I'm pretty excited :)

Thanks!
GO MUSTANGS!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 2:11am
Hello all,
I'm new here, but I have been reading reviews of the Nexy blades all over the last three days. I must say the blades are impressive and there's an enormous amount of information here!

I am tempted to buy one, despite the relatively high costs (I bought all my blades used up to now), but I heed help on deciding which one will fit me best.
I am currently playing with a Nittaku Violin, and it suits my style very well. Just, I would like it was a bit easier to loop with. I previously played Boll Spark. I tried several other blades (Yinhe W-6, K-3, T-7; Butterfly Kiso Hinoki V, Chuan Chih-Yuan, Maze Off, Grubba All+; Stiga Energy Wood; TSP Hinoki Pure, XIOM Jazz), but improved looping always comes at a relatively high cost in blocking ability, and vice versa.

I don't expect blades to defy the laws of physics, but maybe some has a high arc throw when looping and less catapult when blocking?

I would classify myself as a cautious aggressive allrounder, meaning that I try to take the initiative with looping (mostly on FH), but if I feel less secure, I will rather play a controlled push-block game with spin variations until I can put myself in a position where I can securely switch to attack. I'm staying relatively close to the table and I'm not much of a counterlooper. When far from the table, I prefer to chop or lob, especially on BH.

Currently I am tempted by Lissom and Color. Which one do you think will suit my style best?
It would be nice if somebody who tested both could compare them. I'd also welcome comparisons with Violin (thanks Peter79 and bogeyhunter, who already wrote a few lines about how they compare) and Acoustic.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 2:31am
Arg0, Lissom is easier to loop than Violin. it's softer than Violin but it has similar feel. The handle of Lissom is much better than normal Violin Handle, as big as Violin L-sized handle.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 8:52am
peter79, thanks for the feedback. Have you also tested the Color and can you compare it to Lissom and Violin?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 9:49am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Hello all,
I'm new here, but I have been reading reviews of the Nexy blades all over the last three days. I must say the blades are impressive and there's an enormous amount of information here!

I am tempted to buy one, despite the relatively high costs (I bought all my blades used up to now), but I heed help on deciding which one will fit me best.
I am currently playing with a Nittaku Violin, and it suits my style very well. Just, I would like it was a bit easier to loop with. I previously played Boll Spark. I tried several other blades (Yinhe W-6, K-3, T-7; Butterfly Kiso Hinoki V, Chuan Chih-Yuan, Maze Off, Grubba All+; Stiga Energy Wood; TSP Hinoki Pure, XIOM Jazz), but improved looping always comes at a relatively high cost in blocking ability, and vice versa.

I don't expect blades to defy the laws of physics, but maybe some has a high arc throw when looping and less catapult when blocking?

I would classify myself as a cautious aggressive allrounder, meaning that I try to take the initiative with looping (mostly on FH), but if I feel less secure, I will rather play a controlled push-block game with spin variations until I can put myself in a position where I can securely switch to attack. I'm staying relatively close to the table and I'm not much of a counterlooper. When far from the table, I prefer to chop or lob, especially on BH.

Currently I am tempted by Lissom and Color. Which one do you think will suit my style best?
It would be nice if somebody who tested both could compare them. I'd also welcome comparisons with Violin (thanks Peter79 and bogeyhunter, who already wrote a few lines about how they compare) and Acoustic.

I have extensively tested both Color and Lissom - played a LOT with Color, a bit less with Lissom.

Your game description seems pretty close to mine - I would advise playing with Color but perhaps you will need to adjust your rubbers. What are you using currently?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 10:56am

peter79, thanks for the feedback. Have you also tested the Color and can you compare it to Lissom and Violin?

Color is faster than Lissom and Violin.
Color is about the same speed as Tenor but feels harder.
If you want a faster blade, you may try color.
If you want to find a blade which is like Violin but loops easier, Lissom is a good choice. The control is better than Color.
I like Lissom's feel more than Color although Color also has a nice woody feel.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 2:50pm
arg0

What rubbers are you intending to use?

1) I wouldn't recommend using the DHS Neo rubbers on the Color, if you intend to loop after the bounce; as that's not a good match up.

2) There is nothing stopping you using Tenergy on the Color; but personally I'd recommend the Lissom instead; as it's better dwell time and construction make it a better match, with Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64.

I've tried Tenergy 64 on the Color and it didn't work as well for me, as it does on the Lissom.

3) Both blades were designed for use with tensors and would be a valid choice on either.

What is your preference regarding blade weight?

The Lissom is a lighter blade, in general than the Color.

I'm testing an 84 gram Lissom, whilst the Color I tested was 91 grams. Some players like their blade, around 90 grams and the Color would fit the bill; whereas the Lissom would be a better choice for players who prefer their blades under 86 grams.

With a combination of weight and construction, the Color has more inherent power within the blade; which will suit players who like a more powerful blade; whereas players who generate their own power are more likely to appreciate what the Lissom offers.

How often do you block?

The Color is the thicker blade and therefore better for blocking. If blocking is a more prominent part of your game than looping; then you might want to consider the Color.

Feel 

Like Peter79, I prefer the feel of the Lissom. Others may prefer the Hinoki feel of the Color, which does feel good; so that one is harder to call.

Color

When i first tried the Color, I took to it like a duck to water and when I tried it recently, I was reminded why it made such a strong impression on me, last year. My views haven't changed, as I still rate this blade highly.

Although it has less dwell time than the Lissom or Spear, it is still a good choice for players whose game is based on attacking the ball at the top of the bounce. In other words , it suits a hitter more than a looper.

At present, the 91 gram Color I tested, is in California with "thethinker", which he is testing.

Lissom

The first night I tried the Lissom, I didn't feel comfortable with the sharpness of the shoulders and I was frustrated with the performance of Macro Era on the forehand too.

To be fair to the Lissom, had I smoothed the shoulders like I'd done on the Dexter before playing with it, I've no doubt I would have had a more positive first impression of the blade.

Despite my initial disappointment, a bit of sandpaper solved my problem with the sharp shoulders and more playing time has seen my opinion on this blade change completely.

Nexy has made the point that he's received extreme views from different groups of testers. Higher level players in Korea using rubbers like Boost, Tenergy, Genius and other tensors have called this blade "mysterious"; whereas a lot of lower level players have wondered what they are talking about and what all the fuss is about.

Initially I wondered what the fuss was about too; but with more playing time, with 2.1mm Tenergy 64 and 2.1mm Tenergy 05 on the Lissom; I've finally figured out what the higher level players in Korea are talking about.

If you're looking for a blade that makes you go "Wow" the first time you play with it, then I suggest you look at other blades on the market. If you're a player who prefers a fast blade, that provides you with power and speed, you also might want to look at the Dexter or Hannibal instead.

However, if you're a player whose prepared to take the time to get to know a blade; learning what you can and can't do with it, as well as having the technique to generate your own power and speed; then I suggest you take a look at the Lissom.

Somebody has made the comment that the Violin plays better, once it's had more playing time and the wood has started to open up.The same is true of the Lissom, as that has definitely benefitted  from more playing time and I like the way it plays with Tenergy. I also feel comfortable playing with this set up enough to use it competitively too.

And that in my opinion is the key to getting the best out of this blade.

Why do the High level players rate it highly? Quite simply you'll get more out of it, the better your technique is.

Footnotes

When BH-Man notified me I was tester for the Lissom, I thanked him by pm for the opportunity to test it and made the point that had I not been selected as a tester, I would have taken up Nexy's offer and bought the blade at half price.

The Lissom is in my TT bag with Tenergy and is getting quite a bit of playing time. The Dexter is the other Nexy blade in the TT bag, with 2mm Boost TX and that is fun to play with too; although I'm still getting used to the rubber.

Edited by Peter C - 10/07/2010 at 3:00pm
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 3:19pm
I have to agree with Peter C that neo and Tenergy is not a good match for Color. I only able to find a little time each week to search for the right fh rubbers for Color. So far Tenergy, Mark V, Spin Art, and Hurricane (neo and commercial) are not it. I have BW on it now with a T05 bh.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 3:27pm
JimT recommends 47.5% Macro Era, which i haven't tried on the Color.

However I was happy with the performance of Demian and Apollo on the Color. Genius was used in testing by Nexy and I know Baracuda works well on a Hinoki blade.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by thethinker thethinker wrote:

I have to agree with Peter C that neo and Tenergy is not a good match for Color. I only able to find a little time each week to search for the right fh rubbers for Color. So far Tenergy, Mark V, Spin Art, and Hurricane (neo and commercial) are not it. I have BW on it now with a T05 bh.

I used Outlaw, PME 47.5 on Color - both worked just fine. Also - Air Scirocco Speed, Giant Dragon Karate Hard, Dawei IQUL Power and I didn't have problems with those either...

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 5:13pm
Outlaw worked for me on the Color too.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 7:07pm
JimT, peter79, Peter C, thethinker,
thanks for the extensive feedback. I'll try to comment and aswer the questions in one post.

First, my Violin. It weighs 88g and I am happy with the power I get from it. It's also not too heavy for doing backhand flicks, which I start to do more often now I play a less springy blade. All the blades I played so far are were between 79g and 91g and I was quite at ease with all of them, with some preference for around 85g. But weight is not a big concern. I'm more concerned about consistency of weight between same blades (I mean, same brand and model), so that the one I buy is not much different from the expectations I get from the reviews because of weight differences.

I prefer straight handles. My Violin has a ST handle, the size of the cross section is 28x23mm, and it's one of the most comfy ST handles I ever tried, maybe second only to M.Maze OFF. The only flared handle that I really like is the one on XIOM, which is quite thick. What are the sizes of the Lissom?

I'm playing medium classic rubbers, up to now I was playing Coppa 1.8mm (BH) and Sriver EL 1.9mm (FH). I recently switched the Coppa to the FH because I wanted to see how the Sriver felt on my BH, and I liked it. However, now Coppa 1.8mm on FH is too thin, and I just bought a Coppa JO 2.0mm as a cautious upgrade. Didn't glue it on yet.

I like the Violin feel very much. In comparison to the Boll Spark I was using before, I feel I have more control when blocking and in straight shots. In comparison to the Hinoki blades I had, I appreciate the fact that it's less springy and that I can keep the ball lower when pushing. I'm suffering a little from not being able to produce the same amount of spin, however; I find it especially hard to loop against heavy backspin. Other types of topspin are starting to come more steadily in the last training (I play the Violin since about 1 month). Maybe I could solve this problem by switching to softer rubbers. I only tried some Chinese soft rubbers from Palio, but I didn't really like the mushy feeling.

I move fast, with wide movements, and I like to generate power myself when I need it. Having a racket which is not too fast is important to me because I can decide to slow down the pace and focus more on placement and spin variations rather than speed.

Blocking is not a prominent part of my game, although my backhand loop is still weak and blocking is the best way I can answer a fast ball on by BH. I don't usually make points with blocks, besides sometimes when I dare to place some sharp ones and they happen to land well.

I never tried tensors so far, mostly because I felt that my technique was not at a level in which the extra investment would pay off. But this was before the last generation (e.g. Tenergy) rubbers. After that, I just kept the same rubbers in order to be able to more objectively compare the different blades I tested. I understand now that Color and Lissom may require different rubbers.

At the end, maybe Lissom is the better candidate. If it was designed to be used with tensors, what would you recommend on the Lissom and how will it feel different from using classic rubbers?

Or, otherwise, what rubbers would you recomment on Color to keep it to similar levels of control as the Lissom setup?
Join the Nexy Clan!
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 9:36pm
I would say that Lissom requires flatter rubbers, certainly (imho) non-tensors due to its extra flex. If you want to use tensors (like PME) play Color. Lissom + tensor combination will be extra high throw, too bouncy, not good in flat and short game.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 11:37pm
Arg0, I would suggest Gambler Outlaw, it feels like a hard tensor rubber. On Lissom it doesn't feel that hard.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 11:41pm

I've ended up with Sinus Alpha 2.0 on Color FH and 979 xiying OX on BH.
Sinus Alpha is a medium hardness tensor with a very flat trajectory. Matches great with high throw Color. I can loop, hit and block very well with it. And, what to say about LP OX on BH ? Such a fun to play with.
I agree that Tenergy high throw + Color High throw = LOL too much high throw

Oh, BTW, I shall quickly test my friend NDC666's  Lissom tonite. We'll see how it goes...

Edited by jcdi - 10/07/2010 at 11:44pm
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 1:43am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

I've ended up with Sinus Alpha 2.0 on Color FH and 979 xiying OX on BH.
Sinus Alpha is a medium hardness tensor with a very flat trajectory. Matches great with high throw Color. I can loop, hit and block very well with it. And, what to say about LP OX on BH ? Such a fun to play with.
I agree that Tenergy high throw + Color High throw = LOL too much high throw

Oh, BTW, I shall quickly test my friend NDC666's  Lissom tonite. We'll see how it goes...
Interesting to read how testers going with many kinds of different rubbers.

Yesterday, I tested Lissom with Calibra LT red 2.0mm.
It was really great.

So far, I thought Lissom will be good with Genius and Tenergy..but I now think that Calibra LT will be another good match.
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 1:43am
I just found the ST handle size in speaquinox's review: "Squarish ST handle feels very good. (22.6 x 28.8mm)", which seems comfortable.
Since I have no experience with the L-sized Acoustic or Violin, can someone compare the FL handle of Lissom to the FL handle of XIOM blades?
Join the Nexy Clan!
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 3:40am
thethinker

I feel I need to clarify a few points.

When I used Tenergy 64 on the Color, I thought it was okay; but not an ideal match. I was also aware that I played better with Tenergy 64 on other blades; like the Oscar, Michael Maze, Petr Korbel and Yasaka Extra. 

In comparison, I really like the performance of Tenergy 64 on the forehand and Tenergy 05 on the backhand of the Lissom.

Peter 79 and I both felt that H3 neo and TG3 Neo were hard to loop with after the bounce, on the Color. If you loop off or at the top of the bounce, then it's not a problem.To be fair to the Color, the Neo rubbers weren't designed for use with a blade like the Color.

Ironically the Dexter which is a faster blade, doesn't have the same problem with looping after the bounce with the Neo rubbers; which I put down to it's longer throw.

Although I haven't used Genius or Baracuda on the Color, I know they both work well on Hinoki blades.

At present I have 2mm Boost TX on the Dexter, which works for me and I've no doubt it would be worth considering for use on the Color too.

Although I've not tried Calibra LT on the Color, I rate it as the best Stiga rubber I've played with, to date and i can imagine that being a good choice on the Color and Lissom, too.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 2:19pm

I just found the ST handle size in speaquinox's review: "Squarish ST handle feels very good. (22.6 x 28.8mm)", which seems comfortable.
Since I have no experience with the L-sized Acoustic or Violin, can someone compare the FL handle of Lissom to the FL handle of XIOM blades?

My opinion (I only ever held two Xiom blades in my hands - pre-2008 Stradivarius and Aria) is that Lissom's handle is similar to the Strad's. It is certainly larger (fuller) than Violin's (I had that one in my hands so I can compare) and as such way more comfortable for me.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

Peter 79 and I both felt that H3 neo and TG3 Neo were hard to loop with after the bounce, on the Color. If you loop off or at the top of the bounce, then it's not a problem.To be fair to the Color, the Neo rubbers weren't designed for use with a blade like the Color.

Ironically the Dexter which is a faster blade, doesn't have the same problem with looping after the bounce with the Neo rubbers; which I put down to it's longer throw.

You probably meant "lower throw". naturally, Color paired up with tacky rubbers that really lift the ball would produce a high throw which is not good for off-the-bounce loop.

That's why I recommended harder sponged and non-tacky (or not as tacky) rubbers for it - Outlaw, Blitz, perhaps Black Power.

Same goes for Lissom - even more than for Color as Lissom's flex is liable to pop up the ball even more than with Color. On my Lissom I put GD Karate Hard on FH and Outlaw on BH. Great combo!

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 6:36pm
If you have played with arylate blades (no carbon), such as Butterfly Spark, Bazelart, Keyshot Light, Innerforce AL, etc., could you compare the feel of Lissom to them?

PS: JimT, does your signature also refer to blades or only rubbers? I'm not discussing its quality or the passion and craftmanship with which it was developed (actually I'm pretty impressed), but Lissom is not exactly cheap... Wink 

Edited by arg0 - 10/08/2010 at 6:37pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 9:08pm
Hi!

Here is my review for Nexy Lissom.

I asked from Mr Moon and got a 83 gr Lissom... Some days later I received the blade, everything was in perfect condition. At first I checked the finish of the blade, it was quite good but not perfect, Butterfly blades have better feeling IMO. I would put something like 8.5 for the finish of the blade. The blade was not varnished from Nexy when I received it...

I liked the white ash of the Lissom as I have not played with a blade that uses this kind of wood. The straight handle is very good, it is larger than this of my Virtuoso RST and it fits my hand better.

I put the rubbers that I was using on my Virtuoso (Boost TS and Sriver EL) to understand better the feeling of the blade and its different characteristics. Soon it appeared to be a bad combination, because the feeling was too mushy and I had no control on it. So I changed my forehand rubber and I put an Air Illumina rubber instead. This rubber is harder and slower than my Boost TS. This combination played much better.

As  ttcyfi said this blade is very good for loops that land deep in your opponent's side of the table. It is easy to put much spin on the ball at both serves and looping departments. I would put the blade at Off- Category, little slower than my Virtuoso and faster than my Allround Evolution.

The control is very good, especially  in the short game You can do many things with this blade in pushes and flicks. I am training hard to have a better short game and this blade helped me for sure! The serves are very good, it is quite easy to keep them spinny and short...

The drives are also OK, but this blade was made for loopers IMO as it is very soft and has much dwell time... The blocks stay easily in the table, but players that block fast many balls and win the point with this strategy can find a better blade for their style.

I had no problems with the opening loops from both sides, but I believe that faster rubbers are better on this. I found it much easier to make a backhand opening loop with the Roundell than with the Sriver EL...

For the feeling I agree with PeterC and JimT. It has a strange feeling, different from any other blade that I have played with (I haven't played with a Violin that it was stated by other members that is similar to)... Furthermore it is not the typical stiff 7ply, maybe because of its light weight and 5.7 mm thickness Lissom feels similar to 5ply blades. Some will love the feeling, but others will not find it good. At first I wasn't sure if i liked the blade but after some hours of practicing and with different rubbers it was much better in my hand, so you must give playing time to Lissom to understand in which things is better (again as PeterC said).

I think that it would suit very good with Tenergy 05 whis is a hard and fast rubber for players that loop a lot. This would be a fast combination with much spin for loopers that play close to the table or at mid distance... I haven't myself tried it with Tenergy 05, because I have only one sheet on my Timo Boll ALC and I didn't know this rubber well, so I wasn't sure if I could do a proper review for this combination. But now that I have played with Tenergy 05 some hours I believe that it will suit the blade very well. I have to play many  matches at these months, so I don't want to play with many different combinations, but after some time I will try it again...

Lissom is definitely not good with soft rubbers, players that like to use soft rubber should not choose the Lissom, because they will not like the feel of their rackets. At least I didn't...

I will not change my Virtuoso (which I like very very much BTW) for the Lissom, because I prefer generally the feeling of Limba and as I said before I have to play many matches with my team and I don't have enough time to practice with a different racket.

I will keep this blade, because its feeling is unique (at least for me) and I will try it again in the future when I find time, because  I am sure that with the right rubbers it can play very well. But I am not so sure if I would buy it for 100 USD as I find it a bit expensive (I bought it for half price, because I applied to be a tester but I was not chosen initially). It won't fit some of the players that will buy it and it's price is a little high for someone who wants just to experiment with it (EJs...).

This review is written by a looper that loops exclusively from forehand and drives and loops from backhand. I play mostly close to the table and sometimes at mid distance. I can't be sure what would my rating in USA be, but from I have seen and read I think that my playing level is approximately 1600 and I am practicing many hours (maybe 22 per week) after my exams at university finshed so I am in a good form. I played with Lissom 12 hours playing matches with different players, multiball practicing etc, so I have tested it in many things...

Edited by johnny89atc - 10/10/2010 at 8:05pm
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 9:46pm
Mr. Moon, any chance you managed to send me the blade yet? Thanks!
GO MUSTANGS!
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2010 at 10:01pm

If you have played with arylate blades (no carbon), such as Butterfly Spark, Bazelart, Keyshot Light, Innerforce AL, etc., could you compare the feel of Lissom to them?

PS: JimT, does your signature also refer to blades or only rubbers? I'm not discussing its quality or the passion and craftmanship with which it was developed (actually I'm pretty impressed), but Lissom is not exactly cheap... Wink 

Yes, I am talking mostly about rubbers since usually a player uses a blade for many years so spending 100 dollars once in 3-4-5 years is OK in my book. But giving away 160 dollars every month or two for two Tenergys? No, thanks... even $100 for two rubbers is too much.

Half of my blades are relatively cheap, and I have (currently) only one expensive blade for which I have paid with my own money - Darker Speed 90 (even this one was a bit used so I had a bargain there as well). Others are either cheap, or traded or given to me free (almost free) of charge.

Like right now I am playing with Galaxy T-8 (35 dollars) with Palio Blitz (20 dollars for slightly used one) + Dawei IQUL Power (15 dollars). Whole setup (which could easily suit some professional elite player if they weren't all sponsored and supposed to play with gear from just one company - which is ridiculous in my opinion) is 70 dollars.

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2010 at 12:12pm
Nexy

I've got 2mm Calibra LT on an 87 gram OSP Expert; which plays like a Stiga Offensive Classic and I'd rate is as the best Stiga rubber I've played with, to date. 

Although I haven't tried Calibra LT on the Lissom or Dexter, I have tested 2mm Boost TX on the Dexter this week in training and I was quite impressed with this match up too. I've played with Boost TX on various blades like the Hybrid Wood, Dexter, Virtuoso and Ultimate and I've been happy with the performance of the rubber on all four blades.

JimT

You are right when you point out that the Dexter has a "lower throw" than the Color, which makes it easier to play off the bounce loops.

What I was referring to was playing a loop after the top of the bounce. It's a shot I tend to play on both wings 3-6 feet off the table.  The "longer length throw" of the Dexter comes into play as it allows the ball to travel further before it dips down onto the table.

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2010 at 6:25am
Originally posted by ttcyfi ttcyfi wrote:

Mr. Moon, any chance you managed to send me the blade yet? Thanks!
I think you will receive it very soon.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2010 at 9:46am
Tried Lissom shortly friday. Can't give much info after 15mm of play. All I can say is that I like it. Yes, again Confused !
It's not as slow as I feared. I'd say same as Color, slower than Spear.
Also, again, I have never had something like that in my hand before. It is Nexy's signature to always release something new and unexpected. A light 7 plies wood good for looping.
It worked well with xtend hs max, and too slow with sonex jp gold 2.0mm. Will try max both sides next time.
Some fellow forum reviewer compared it with Violin. Albeit White ash, there is nothing (imho) in common. Violin is hard, stiff and slow, Lissom is faster and medium flex.
Feel is nice. I don't like the FL handle much, but all in all it is ok. It is weird to loop with a light combo. My sample was 82gr plus two light tensors 40gr each, ttl was 162gr ! Usually, with such lightness, I have not enough power in my strokes. here, it was very good.
So far, it looks like the blade combines both + of a 5 and a 7 plies. 
We'll see how it goes next. Good start anyhow !

Ps : Please Nexy, try to make a real crappy blade next time, I'm tired of praising your work...Wink  

Edited by jcdi - 10/10/2010 at 9:48am
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2010 at 8:15am
Thank you, I will try to make a very clumsy blade next time. Tongue

Actually, now I'm planning to make a very cheap blade.
It will be thin carbon blade, and attractive in many ways.
But the price will be only USD 35.
I hope to surprise many people by this cheap price.
I found out that I need to satisfy some people who can not afford big money, while they want to meet nexy.
So, I made up my mind to make this....and it will come soon. 

Any way... I hope this blade is not much clumsy...and it will be still unique, regardless of it's cheap price.

Edited by Nexy - 10/12/2010 at 8:18am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2010 at 8:27am
I will upload a video of me using Lissom in 2 sets and Acoustic in another set (to see the difference since I played the same with both).

Also my review will come for a big part tonight.

Finally tried it out good yesterday, no more pain on my leg because of the soccer injury.

Regards.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic