Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Secret? Butterfly makes them in Vietnam & Malaysia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Secret? Butterfly makes them in Vietnam & Malaysia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
atlttc10 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlttc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Secret? Butterfly makes them in Vietnam & Malaysia
    Posted: 09/08/2010 at 5:39pm

So for most products, whatever says "Make In Japan" is actually made in Malaysia and Vietnam.

It's not unlike "Make In China", so that you know.

Oh more, do you know you can pay "SWORD" in China to make a fake Viscaria blade for US$30 or less, and they're so REAL that even Official butterfly dealers in US are selling them (of course, for REAL Viscaria's price)? I know at least 2 places.

Yeah, keep buying Butterfly brand!

Edited by atlttc10 - 09/08/2010 at 5:39pm
Sponsored Links

LobbedYoud0wn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 5:41pm
Official Butterfly dealers in the US selling fake SWORD Viscarias... you are too funny
atlttc10 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlttc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by LobbedYoud0wn LobbedYoud0wn wrote:

Official Butterfly dealers in the US selling fake SWORD Viscarias... you are too funny

do you have money to bet on it?

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 5:44pm
If you guys bring your bickering to a new thread, then I'll be forced to take further "disciplinary" actions. Wink

Don't make me be "mean". Let it go.

Or take it to PM.

I won't warn you again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 5:46pm
I'll move this to PM's then
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 5:53pm
 I'm not saying you are wrong or anything, but seeing is believing.. claims has to be supported by evidence, how do you know? how are you sure that what you are saying is real? if you accuse someone it is very unfair to do so without evidence.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 5:54pm
I basically wanted to cover what Sallom said...Anton can you reply to my PM please :)
atlttc10 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlttc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 6:10pm

6 months ago I sent the pictures of a VIS I bought to Bowie Jr., after initial response saying he's forwarding that to Japan to confirm the authenticity of that blade after "noticing rough handle wood and logo", nothing's been heard agin. And I told him I bought that blade from one of Bowie's official dealers!

Next I compare that Viscaria to those made by "SWORD" in China - exactly the same!

I am boycotting butterfly for a good reason! Of course I also know a number of dealers have been cashing in dealing butterfly products, so it's well expected that these dudes are lingering around my postings like ghosts...yet I don't give a hoot!

What goes around comes around - it's time for all but few greedy butterfly dealers to pay back, whether they like it or not!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 6:12pm
Bowie Jr? What about those two OFFICIAL butterfly dealers you mentioned?
atlttc10 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlttc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 6:16pm

who the Q#%^ are you to need to know?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LobbedYoud0wn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by atlttc10 atlttc10 wrote:

I'd like to know more about the official Butterfly dealers in the USA, and which two I should avoid because of their SWORD scam products.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 6:48pm
I want to know where I can get the cheap Viscaria clone for cheap.
Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 10:27pm
We need at least one proof!!

Blade: Timo Boll ALC 92 g.
Forehand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (black)
Backhand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (red).
Perfect loops
onion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 10:48pm
As far as I know, Sword & YinHe are offering custom made blade.  They can duplicate most of the blades on market.  I have seen THE CUSTOM MADE blade, they look so identical to the orignal except the color on the handle.
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2010 at 11:09pm
When a company is successful there will always be knock offs and copies. Almost all TT companies have blade offerings that are the same design as bty's best sellers. I have seen some of the ripoffs of bty shoes first hand and there is NO difference other than the price. So who's ripping off who?
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 12:28am
I recently purchased a BTY A. Grubba blade for my wife ( beginner) from a large dealer in the USA. The handle was very rough and there was a gap where the handle meets the blade. I have purchased several BTY blades over the years and this one was a mess. No not Vietnam or China more like a secret wood working shop in the back of Toys R Us.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 12:40am

So for most products, whatever says "Make In Japan" is actually made in Malaysia and Vietnam.
How come i dun know? if made in Malaysia... ...Question
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 2:23am

I'd like to know more about the official Butterfly dealers in the USA, and which two I should avoid because of their SWORD scam products.

ROFL! Come on LobbedYoud0wn, don't you know you should trust his word and not questioning it? This is the interweb, the place where we all can claim thing's that we can't prove, and if some one want's prove, we make a rude remark about it and move on

As for the question about who is ripping who of, it is pretty obvious, those who make fake Butterfly products are ripping off Butterfly, cause unlike us, the consumers, Butterfly don't have a saying in this, while we can pick to not buy from Butterfly at all. If we do buy Butterfly products, we agree to the price, hence, we are not being ripped off.
The holy grail
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 2:30am

6 months ago I sent the pictures of a VIS I bought to Bowie Jr., after initial response saying he's forwarding that to Japan to confirm the authenticity of that blade after "noticing rough handle wood and logo", nothing's been heard agin. And I told him I bought that blade from one of Bowie's official dealers!

Next I compare that Viscaria to those made by "SWORD" in China - exactly the same!

I am boycotting butterfly for a good reason! Of course I also know a number of dealers have been cashing in dealing butterfly products, so it's well expected that these dudes are lingering around my postings like ghosts...yet I don't give a hoot!

What goes around comes around - it's time for all but few greedy butterfly dealers to pay back, whether they like it or not!

i think that many ppl that think butterfly products as perfect goods will say if found that any defective bty product  is a copy  but any can use the same argument.   most of the time products made in japan will be the expnsive ones and regarding quality control  the quality control of the goods are set by the customer NOT the manufacturer
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 3:13am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

I recently purchased a BTY A. Grubba blade for my wife ( beginner) from a large dealer in the USA. The handle was very rough and there was a gap where the handle meets the blade. I have purchased several BTY blades over the years and this one was a mess. No not Vietnam or China more like a secret wood working shop in the back of Toys R Us.

Well Check the difference between how nicely Amultart is finished and how ugly (compared to Amultart) TBS is  compared to it.. you pay more to get that nice finish and better quality control. Trust me I bought a Stiga OFF NCT and it was very ugly, top ply coming off after a day from removing rubber.. handle was very rough and the blade had very sharp edges and still people doesn't call Stiga products a scam, I wonder why!
I believe butterfly can make mistakes.. and can make cheap products.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 7:32am
While surfing recently I came across viscaria  for $90.00 I was saying that is a steal coming from a popular website ,maybe it is a fake because viscaria new is $144.00 ,that is a huge difference
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 9:27am

Fake and real Tacksim (http://yaosir.com/show_news.asp?id=115)

Fake left/Real right

Fake plies

Real plies

Fake face

Real face

Fake serial

Real seria

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 9:36am
Nice work, this thread and others like it should be encouraged.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 9:39am
Fake one has polyapylate :). Should play better LOL.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 9:59am
I don't know if you have a legit shop and you want to stay in business longer,why,as an owner of this business would you offer fake stuff for sale to clients?The blades above look very similar so those who don't know what the original is a fake product can be sold and the person will not even know.But,what if they do know the difference one day?I am not sure how it works,but I hope at least in Americas/European countries manufactures monitor their dealers so that fake stuff does circulate.I mean imagine an imitation of one of the blades from Timo Ball series that you have bought is fake.All these blades go over 130$..pretty large amount for a fake.
Thanks for providing pics above.
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 10:17am
Thanks for the photos A.Monteiro... So if you have a Taksim with 7 plies of wood, and misprinted words, its probably fake! LOL

TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 10:25am

It's not unlike "Make In China", so that you know.

Oh more, do you know you can pay "SWORD" in China to make a fake Viscaria blade for US$30 or less, and they're so REAL that even Official butterfly dealers in US are selling them (of course, for REAL Viscaria's price)? I know at least 2 places.

Yeah, keep buying Butterfly brand!

Well, to start with, I'm not saying this is true or not but as far as I know, this remains highly doubtful. Because first of all, in Vietnam, I haven't heard of any news that say we have factories making table tennis equipment. Secondly, the price is going up and it's moving towards the '' general market price '' anyway. Thirdly, in Vietnam, almost all products have cheaper prices compared to stuff in Europe, for ALL BRANDS, not only Butterfly so it does not really make sense you know? I can buy Stiga Boost TC for 35USD instead of 53USD like in Stockholm so my point is, it's hard to say that those Made in Japan-s are made in Vietnam, otherwise all other products are also made in Vietnam which would explain the ridiculous cheap price compared to many place here in Europe.

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 10:43am
mizutani jun was about 100USD when i was in vietnam last year. real items i checked it myself. just have to know where to buy.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 10:47am
Yeah but they are only cheaper because you can live off a very small profit in Vietnam, to survive in Sweden is a whole other story, you need 10 times the profit margin
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2010 at 10:49am
TBS9x, you live in Sweden. You know you have a rediculous sales tax near 30%, which is factored into the price of the goods, which is called value added tax. Americans fail to see the value, but they never live in europe to understand the value of stability, albeit stiffling taxes. The sales tax alone accounts for most of the difference.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic