FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

MyTT teams in 2010 Baltimore NA Teams - Event Date: 11/26/2010 - 11/28/2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Notice that another MyTT.Net team made it to the finals of their division (Epic in Div 5, from Rhode Island club, I actually know these guys pretty well)... I don't know how they managed to lose 5-0 in the final (Yukang alone should have gotten them at least one point).

My team beat EPIC in the finals of Div. 5. The EPIC team had 2 injured players and only played with Steve Hopkins and Xue Di. I did play both of them and won both matches 3:0.. Xue Di has one effective game and good serves.. He took me to deuce every game.. Steve's shoulder seemed to hurt and he wasn't able to give me a fight..

Our Team really didn't belong in Div. 5.(Team average of 2250). We made a bad decision on day 1 not to play the strongest team against the Div. 4 and 5 teams and lost both matches. Well, our 2300 player also lost 4 matches that he shouldn't have lost.. He had a tough time getting used to the playing conditions (tables and balls). We were originally seeded #1 of Div. 3 and we ended up playing Div 5.. We never played the strongest team against any of the opponents (except for the final) and we cruised to the finals without trying hard..
Our top 3 players only lost a total of 3 matches in the division (all 3 of us combined.. I lost 2, Lattiosh lost 1 and Jeerapaet lost zero)

Edited by Pushblocker - 12/01/2010 at 3:20pm
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 3:11pm
A bunch of photos that I took at the tournament (including a few taken outside)

http://picasaweb.google.com/JimT2008/NATeams2010Baltimore#
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Notice that another MyTT.Net team made it to the finals of their division (Epic in Div 5, from Rhode Island club, I actually know these guys pretty well)... I don't know how they managed to lose 5-0 in the final (Yukang alone should have gotten them at least one point).

My team beat EPIC in the finals of Div. 5. The EPIC team had 2 injured players and only played with Steve Hopkins and Xue Di. I did play both of them and won both matches 3:0.. Xue Di has one effective game and good serves.. He took me to deuce every game.. Steve's shoulder seemed to hurt and he wasn't able to give me a fight..

Our Team really didn't belong in Div. 5.. We made a bad decision on day 1 not to play the strongest team against the Div. 4 and 5 teams and lost both matches. Well, our 2300 player also lost 4 matches that he shouldn't have lost.. He had a tough time getting used to the playing conditions (tables and balls). We were originally seeded #1 of Div. 3 and we ended up playing Div 5.. We never played the strongest team against any of the opponents (except for the final) and we cruised to the finals without trying hard..
Our top 3 players only lost a total of 3 matches in the division (all 3 of us combined.. I lost 2, Lattiosh lost 1 and Jeerapaet lost zero)

Oh, I had no idea Yukang got injured. I knew that Witold and Xue Di were not feeling that great but they were still playing the last time I saw them.

Olivier, I saw you there but you were busy so I decided to come over and introduce myself later. But then of course I had other stuff to do... you know... matches... Wink, and I forgot.

As for the playing conditions - I can fully relate to that. As I said above, in none of the 20 matches that I played I was even near my full playing strength. Mostly due to early morning schedule, hard table bounce, airflow etc.

At least you guys made the best of it and won the division. Good for you!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 3:24pm

Oh, I had no idea Yukang got injured. I knew that Witold and Xue Di were not feeling that great but they were still playing the last time I saw them.

Olivier, I saw you there but you were busy so I decided to come over and introduce myself later. But then of course I had other stuff to do... you know... matches... Wink, and I forgot.

As for the playing conditions - I can fully relate to that. As I said above, in none of the 20 matches that I played I was even near my full playing strength. Mostly due to early morning schedule, hard table bounce, airflow etc.

At least you guys made the best of it and won the division. Good for you!

I wish that I could've played Yukang... I could've used the rating points Wink

I think that a year or 2 ago, I would've defaulted the rest of my matches after dropping 2 divisions because I would've been afraid to lose rating points.. I went into the event so confident that I was certain that I would do really well and I did.. My rating should stay about the same.. My confidence showed at the club too. I've been unbeaten at the clubs that I play for 3 consecutive visits now.. Florida State Closed is coming up this weekend and I hope to make at least 2nd or 3rd place..

The conditions at the event were very favorable for my game.. I felt good from the first match to the last..

Edited by Pushblocker - 12/01/2010 at 3:28pm

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
RedMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 3:58pm
Hmmm. Thats a good looking guys in the red shirt in pic 29. Didnt even know you took it. Guess cause my back was to you.
Blade: Victas Koji Matsush*ta FL

FH: Donic Bluefire JP03 in 2.0 Black

BH: TSP P1r Curl 1.5-1.7 Red
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 4:04pm

The conditions at the event were very favorable for my game.. I felt good from the first match to the last..

I can imagine that for the push-blocking style the conditions were indeed OK. Also the hard-hitting people were quite OK with their shots. However, a lot of long loops and long pushes just went on floating off the table - sometimes I would be left standing with my jaw dropped on the floor and going "what the **** just happened?" And other people commented on that as well.

It's great to have an excuse, isn't it? I mean I did OK in terms of formal results, but there were two very close (5 sets) lost matches where I feel that in my normal state I would not have even allowed the other guy to take me to 5 sets... and generally I am pretty unhappy with my condition there. I am not a morning person, and I do not like brand-new hard bouncing tables. There, I said it. Confused

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by RedMan RedMan wrote:

Hmmm. Thats a good looking guys in the red shirt in pic 29. Didnt even know you took it. Guess cause my back was to you.

Is it #29 now? I deleted one of the pics a few minutes ago.

At some moments I just went around the hall snapping random pictures...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 8:47pm

I can imagine that for the push-blocking style the conditions were indeed OK. Also the hard-hitting people were quite OK with their shots. However, a lot of long loops and long pushes just went on floating off the table - sometimes I would be left standing with my jaw dropped on the floor and going "what the **** just happened?" And other people commented on that as well.

It's great to have an excuse, isn't it? I mean I did OK in terms of formal results, but there were two very close (5 sets) lost matches where I feel that in my normal state I would not have even allowed the other guy to take me to 5 sets... and generally I am pretty unhappy with my condition there. I am not a morning person, and I do not like brand-new hard bouncing tables. There, I said it. Confused
The conditions are usually worst right in front of the JOOLA booth, the tables just behind  the red carpet courts. The farther you are away from those, the better the conditions were. Our top player lost matches that he usually wouldn't lose. I knew that he had problems with the conditions when I beat him 3:0 in our training match. He usually beats me 3:1 or 3:2 and I only rarely can win against him, especially not 3:0.. He was looping long many times. He complained about the ball "stopping" etc. etc. Others reported similar experiences.

VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 8:56pm

As Olivier said, we had only two players dress up for that match - both Yukang and I couldn't play in the final due to injuries.

BTW, Yukang had a great tournament, he lost only 2 out of ~30 matches during the entire tournament ... one of them against a Division 2 player on Friday (he beat the other two players) and one on Sunday afternoon, when he could barely move his right arm.

Edited by VictorK - 12/01/2010 at 9:08pm
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

As Olivier said, we had only two players dress up for that match - both Yukang and I couldn't play in the final due to injuries.

That sucks. I saw that you were injured but I had no idea Yukang got injured as well. What happened to him?

VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 8:31am
That sucks. I saw that you were injured but I had no idea Yukang got injured as well. What happened to him?

I don't believe it was anything serious - it appeared to me that he played too many matches and simply "overused" his shoulder/arm.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 11:09am
Yukang was there and they put him on the sheet but he ended up defaulting his matches as he didn't feel good enough to play.. I still hope to get to play him one day!

alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 1:51pm
Thanks everyone for participating and playing for MyTableTennis.NET teams! It was nice to see everyone in person in the tournament, even though we didn't have much time to chat as everyone is busy playing most of the time.

As for our team - MyTableTennis.NET Masters, we did great on the first day. We were seeded in Division 1 and we beat both Div 2 and Div 3 teams at 5:0, so we stayed in Division 1 for the rest of the days.

On the second day, 20 teams from Division 1 were divided into 4 groups with 5 teams in each group. Our strongest player Robert Roberts had to drop all matches due to his back injuries. The rest of us did our best and we beat 2 teams (Zhiyu Beijing Team 2 and Lily Yip TTC 5) and lost to 2 teams (NYAC/NYTTC 1 and the Korean Team 2). So we were the 3rd place in our group and advanced to 9th - 12th place in the finals in Division 1.

On the third day, 4 teams were to play in the finals of 9th -12th place in Division 1. Most of our players were either injured or too tired. We first played against Zhiyu Beijing Team 1 and we lost in 0:5. Then we decided to drop all the rest matches because none of us felt well. I guess we maybe ended as the 11th place because one other team didn't show up at all.

In summary it was a great tournament regardless the venue condition is not that great. We enjoyed the games and friendships and will do it again next year. And we will prepare earlier next year and bring a stronger ever Elite team. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Alex

PS. Some photos will be posted later.

Table Tennis Super Forum - MyTableTennis.NET

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 3:14pm

The conditions are usually worst right in front of the JOOLA booth, the tables just behind  the red carpet courts. The farther you are away from those, the better the conditions were. Our top player lost matches that he usually wouldn't lose. I knew that he had problems with the conditions when I beat him 3:0 in our training match. He usually beats me 3:1 or 3:2 and I only rarely can win against him, especially not 3:0.. He was looping long many times. He complained about the ball "stopping" etc. etc. Others reported similar experiences.

My impressions were worst in the opposite corner - you haven't played there cause you were in a different division but lighting there on the far side was just awful. Table 71 (if I recall  the number correctly) was so bad in that regard that I wish NATT simply closed it down or moved it somewhere else... to the lobby... I dunno.

Looping long is exactly the thing that happened to me.

Also blocking was going really bad for me - because the tables are so frigging new and hard - the ball comes off the table without losing any spin/speed at all, so my BH blocks went long and high so many times that at some point I just stopped blocking. Literally, no kidding, I stopped blocking on BH. Instead I chopped or chop-blocked or push-blocked when I could, or just stepped off the table and started to retrieve the ball or weakly loop it.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 6:21pm

My impressions were worst in the opposite corner - you haven't played there cause you were in a different division but lighting there on the far side was just awful. Table 71 (if I recall  the number correctly) was so bad in that regard that I wish NATT simply closed it down or moved it somewhere else... to the lobby... I dunno.

Looping long is exactly the thing that happened to me.

Also blocking was going really bad for me - because the tables are so frigging new and hard - the ball comes off the table without losing any spin/speed at all, so my BH blocks went long and high so many times that at some point I just stopped blocking. Literally, no kidding, I stopped blocking on BH. Instead I chopped or chop-blocked or push-blocked when I could, or just stepped off the table and started to retrieve the ball or weakly loop it.
I didn't play over at that side. I liked the conditions best around table 38 where we played our last matches..

ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 10:47am
lols,sorry to hear what happened at the tournament,maybe i should join the tournament next year if my parents allow,i dunno what is my rating since i'm not from america,or is this tournament only for americans?haha,if not,i hope i can join next year for under-18 and open :D
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 11:25am
Originally posted by ichini ichini wrote:

lols,sorry to hear what happened at the tournament,maybe i should join the tournament next year if my parents allow,i dunno what is my rating since i'm not from america,or is this tournament only for americans?haha,if not,i hope i can join next year for under-18 and open :D

You will need to join a team, you will need a visa, and a bunch of money to travel - if that all is not a problem, then of course you should come and play.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Ryan Daniel Green Ryan Daniel Green wrote:

On behalf of team Decepticons id like to thank you for sponsoring us, we had a great time.  Definitely going back next year. 

-Ryan

How did you guys do, and what were your impressions about the tournament?

It would be nice to hear from other MyTT sponsored teams with their results and impressions. And pictures/videos, perhaps?

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 3:03pm
Congrats to the mytt.net  teams !Party
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 12:30am
Some pictures for the team MyTableTennis.NET - Masters.

Table Tennis Super Forum - MyTableTennis.NET

hop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 1:12pm

Thanks MyTableTennis.net.

It was fun.  We'll be back next year.

Edited by hop - 12/08/2010 at 1:17pm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by hop hop wrote:

Thanks MyTableTennis.net.

It was fun.  We'll be back next year.

Any chance for a picture gallery? I know you took quite a few... Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic