Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HK vs HK655

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dzhu14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dzhu14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HK vs HK655
    Posted: 10/15/2010 at 12:32am
Who has both of these blades and can tell me what the differences are? Thanks
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 1:31am
Originally posted by dzhu14 dzhu14 wrote:

Who has both of these blades and can tell me what the differences are? Thanks

Basically, the 655 is thicker and faster. That's really the only obvious difference that I could find. There might be slight differences in the handle, but that could just be due to the differences in blade thickness. Not much difference at all.

dzhu14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dzhu14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 1:33am
is 655 noticeably heavier?  
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 1:34am
It's about the same weight but more balanced so it feels great.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 1:36am

That's a good question. I wish I could answer it factually, but I no longer own either blade and don't have any record of their weight. It has been a long time since I've played with either so I don't really remember weight differences either. Sorry. I would guess that the 655 is heavier, but I'm sure you don't want guesses. Maybe someone else can give you a more confident answer. I wouldn't want to mislead you with my best guess. Smile

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

That's a good question. I wish I could answer it factually, but I no longer own either blade and don't have any record of their weight. It has been a long time since I've played with either so I don't really remember weight differences either. Sorry. I would guess that the 655 is heavier, but I'm sure you don't want guesses. Maybe someone else can give you a more confident answer. I wouldn't want to mislead you with my best guess. Smile

HK655 is generally heavier but it is more balanced.  The flared handle of HK655 is also more comfortable.  HK655 also has a much better feel and control than the original HK, IMHO.

dzhu14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dzhu14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 11:57am
ThaiLe, does the difference in weight change how you play significantly? For example, when you do a flick shot on the table, etc. How does your wrist feel? 

And what do you mean by better feel - larger sweet spot? 
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 1:18am

ThaiLe, does the difference in weight change how you play significantly? For example, when you do a flick shot on the table, etc. How does your wrist feel? 

And what do you mean by better feel - larger sweet spot? 

I don't do flick shots on the table so I can't answer that question.

I don't think HK655 has larger sweet spot than HK since both of them have similar construction.  However, HK655 gives me better and solid feel when I block and loop.  And even though HK655 is heavier, it is more balanced since the weight shifts toward the handle.  I also found that HK is head heavy.

dzhu14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dzhu14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 1:19am
thanks for your input thaile! im just wondering.. if 655 is faster, doesn't that usually mean it's harder to control? but you say 655 actually has more control than HK? 
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 1:24am

thanks for your input thaile! im just wondering.. if 655 is faster, doesn't that usually mean it's harder to control? but you say 655 actually has more control than HK? 

You're right.  However, HK655 is not that much faster than HK and they both are played very much the same due to similar construction.  It is just that HK655 is slightly thicker than HK so it has more power but the control is better because you have better feel so it helps you somewhat.  As long as you have the feel for the blade, you can do lots of things right including control issue.
dzhu14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dzhu14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 1:26am
thanks again for sharing that information. i'll try 655 out sometime soon hopefully Smile
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 1:27am

HK655 is superior comparing to HK. Even though (in average), HK655 is heavier than HK, but it has better balance. So you do not feel head heavy in HK655. The control in both blade is pretty much the same, but HK655 has better feel. Blocking with HK655 is excellent. I just feel as if HK655 aborb the incoming power when I block the powerful shot.

HK655 handle is more comfortable comparing with HK. With FL handle, HK655 FL handle is bigger than HK FL handle. For ST handle, HK655 ST handle is a little smaller since old HK ST is huge.

Frankly, I don't like HK, but HK655 is another different story.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 11:08am
Well said  tdragon  HK 655 is a great blade this blade imo matched my playing style a yyear and a half ago however after attending the Huntsman World games and having my game evaluated I was advised by a High performance coach/ TT Author  Richard McAfee that my blade was too fast for me ,I agreed and I am in the process of making the adjustment after I return from a four month break due to burnout. He does speak highly of Achmin Rendler blades and he sure used his effectively.

It appears to me that ones game can change during a period of a year and you at times can not recognize this ..you go on making what appear to be mistakes but are not,they are just a natural part of your tt progression and blade changes are necessary to adapt and make the transformation.

Hk 655 is the best blade I have ever played with , I will advise any one to purchase one you will not regret it.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic