Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Indoor Soccer shoes for TT??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indoor Soccer shoes for TT??
    Posted: 03/29/2015 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

To the op I say yes, yes & yes.
I've used two pair of Adidas Indoor soccer shoes. Just slightly narrow for me; otherwise, very solid.

These Diadora's should be on my doorstep shortly.

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to know where you got those Diadora shoe's? I really like the look of them.
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
Sponsored Links

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2012 at 12:16am
penholdloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2012 at 6:16pm
Joma topflex!
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2012 at 11:21am
Yep, indoor Soccer shoes should do the trick.

I have Nike 5 GATO, they are perfect!
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2012 at 10:09am
Uhlsport Sala. You can see it on my latest videos. Only $80, very durable and comfortable !
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2012 at 6:46am
I currently wear the Joma topflex indoor soccer shoes. Very light and nice shoes. The downside is that it's not a very durable shoes.
shirazir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirazir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

mostly they don't have good cushioning.

Not necessarily. The Ultra-Lite types are notorious for this, yes, but traditional full leather indoor shoes like the Tiempo series from Nike have plently of cushioning.

By the way, I've found the cheapest place to buy indoor soccer shoes to be www.prodirectsoccer.com
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 3:59am
mostly they don't have good cushioning.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Gracelynpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gracelynpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 3:19am
Indoor soccer shoes will probably be lightest and get you closest to the ground. Volleyball shoes are better on the knees while maintaining good lateral traction. I really like my Nike soccer shoes which were less than half the price of the best Butterfly shoes. Asics makes the Bty Energy force III shoes, so you could save the dough and get some Asic indoor soccer shoes.
Gopse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gopse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2011 at 10:00pm
Manchester United jersey is inspired by the latest club the traditional red and black color, whilethe club into the classic style.
http://www.soccer-shoes-for-sale.com/nike-mercurial-soccer-shoes

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 1:10am
I think I've won $50 in gift cards at this military post while playing in vff's... so they're paying for themselves Wink
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 1:09am
I wasn't sure what my wife would think of the idea, but she immediately jumped on board and also got the komodo sport ls model. She enjoys running in them more than any shoes prior.

I got mine from rei.com, but citysports.com has them on sale right now... and it's rare to see them below msrp

oh, regarding sizing, both of my feet measured exactly to one of the sizes on vibram's sizing chart (42), however, I found that 43's are perfect for me
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 12:15am
I'll have to try them on sometime.  My wife will hate me... :)
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 12:09am
I ended up having to send the KSO model back due to a bad fit, and now wear the Komodo Sport LS as seen in my avatar. They are my favorite shoe... for table tennis or otherwise. Played in them during my last table tennis tournament. They really are fantastic.

I also ran 4 miles in them the other night. I really can't recommend them enough. (and no, I don't work for Vibram or any shoe company or business which sells shoes)
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 11:56pm
I know a guy who swore by them for TT.  I have not brought myself to try on a pair and I'm a fan of weird shoes, too.  

I usually grab a lightweight pair of Nike Tennis shoes from a Nike outlet.  Light tennis shoes seem to work well for me and they hold up well.  My latest pair are Lunarlite Vapor Tours at a third of the price.  
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 12:08pm
I was pretty skeptical when they first came on the scene but after talking to some serious athletes I've decide to give them a try
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 11:54am
Ha ha ha ... NICE !
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 11:39am
Originally posted by penholdloop penholdloop wrote:

Take a look 'five finger shoes',  helps me stay more on my toes less on my heels,  and my knees feel a lot better!

These are by vibram,  essentially 'running shoes',  on the expensive side.

Looks unusual!

I just ordered a pair of Vibram KSO five finger shoes with the intent of using them for table tennis (and running) 

I'm curious if anyone else has played tt in five finger shoes.

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 5:52pm
is it true that the more solid construction of the indoor soccer shoes make it last longer? 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
thepongcast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepongcast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2011 at 5:45pm
I agree with everything Stoi said.  My pair of Asic volleyball shoes lasted really long, very comfortable, grippy, everything you need.  If I had to nitpick I wish they were a tad lighter, but they are still light enough for TT.

When it came time to replace them I tried a pair of Puma indoor soccer shoes which I use now.  As skinny as I am, they are still too narrow.  Also, I realized my pair is made of a synthetic material, not leather, so they won't stretch. Some models have cheaper synthetic versions and more expensive leather versions.  They are very light, good traction, but I wish I got them a size larger.
Table tennis TV show & podcasts at ThePongcast.com
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 5:51pm

Originally posted by cntcasey cntcasey wrote:

For me men volleyball shoes work the best! Asic's make the best! You can get them for about 50 bucks at Sports Authority! You can go wrong with them!  

+1

I use Asics Volleyball shoes too for about 3 years and if you take care the inside of the shoe by putting something extra (i think it is called something like "odeur sole") then they can last for years! The grip is great when playing in the red floor thing, they might weight heavier compared to TT shoes but also durability is unbelievable. My game is based a lot on footwork and my previous pair lasted for about 2 years.

I know the thread is for indoor shoes but since we can give him a better option, why not?

Edit: Don't forget the extra style they give you, major factor when choosing TT shoes LOL!

Edited by Stoi - 07/16/2011 at 5:54pm
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2011 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

Just an update.  I found a pair of TT shoes that actually worked out quite well for me and my wide feet.
I'm not sure of the exact model since I just picked them up from a tournament in Brooklyn.
I think it's the Tibhar Progress soft.  I'll try to double check later.  The strange this is that I got a size 9 whereas I usually wear a 10.

Update - those shoes lasted less than 2 months before they started coming apart.  Had to get them repaired the night before a tournament.  While comfortable, they were apparently not wide enough and just stretched until they came apart.  I have since found a different pair that so far are holding up well and the guy that recommended them to me said that they are the only pair he's tried that work for him.
Stiga Challengers.   
Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2011 at 4:57pm
I tried some Adidas Sambas (Indoor Soccer) and didn't like them very much.. too firm on the sides. The cheapo Donic Mega Flex (?) from PP do the job pretty well.
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2011 at 6:26am
I think I'll be getting these Pumas if I can't find that Mizuno anywhere --

Puma Liga Finale Sala--

Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2011 at 11:22am
I use Adidas Adinova IV, super light weight (345 grams for a size 12), and good grip.
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2011 at 3:36am
its true also.. tt and badminton shoe are the closest sport.. buying online might get the wrong size if not a fake/inferior quality .. i have a friend bought from china a fake mizuno tt @ ard $20USD.. its becomes so
slippery by 3 months (we normaly tends to wet the floor a bit for grip) but his can skate!!!
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2011 at 12:54am
but the hassel of buying badminton shoes is just like the hassel of getting TT shoes... soccer shoes are great for easy access!!
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 11:10pm

the softness of a badminton shoe would fit better for tt play i guess..

i have the wave aerial for tt Thumbs Up
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

this color scheme?

I love this one.
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

I have wide feet, any suggestions on shoes for TT?  I'm currently using wide tennis shoes (NB makes a lot of their shoes in wide) and they're ok, but not great.

Just an update.  I found a pair of TT shoes that actually worked out quite well for me and my wide feet.
I'm not sure of the exact model since I just picked them up from a tournament in Brooklyn.
I think it's the Tibhar Progress soft.  I'll try to double check later.  The strange this is that I got a size 9 whereas I usually wear a 10.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic