FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Indoor Soccer shoes for TT??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 11:39am
Originally posted by penholdloop penholdloop wrote:

Take a look 'five finger shoes',  helps me stay more on my toes less on my heels,  and my knees feel a lot better!

These are by vibram,  essentially 'running shoes',  on the expensive side.

Looks unusual!

I just ordered a pair of Vibram KSO five finger shoes with the intent of using them for table tennis (and running) 

I'm curious if anyone else has played tt in five finger shoes.

Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 11:54am
Ha ha ha ... NICE !
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 12:08pm
I was pretty skeptical when they first came on the scene but after talking to some serious athletes I've decide to give them a try
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 11:56pm
I know a guy who swore by them for TT.  I have not brought myself to try on a pair and I'm a fan of weird shoes, too.  

I usually grab a lightweight pair of Nike Tennis shoes from a Nike outlet.  Light tennis shoes seem to work well for me and they hold up well.  My latest pair are Lunarlite Vapor Tours at a third of the price.  
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 12:09am
I ended up having to send the KSO model back due to a bad fit, and now wear the Komodo Sport LS as seen in my avatar. They are my favorite shoe... for table tennis or otherwise. Played in them during my last table tennis tournament. They really are fantastic.

I also ran 4 miles in them the other night. I really can't recommend them enough. (and no, I don't work for Vibram or any shoe company or business which sells shoes)
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 12:15am
I'll have to try them on sometime.  My wife will hate me... :)
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 1:09am
I wasn't sure what my wife would think of the idea, but she immediately jumped on board and also got the komodo sport ls model. She enjoys running in them more than any shoes prior.

I got mine from rei.com, but citysports.com has them on sale right now... and it's rare to see them below msrp

oh, regarding sizing, both of my feet measured exactly to one of the sizes on vibram's sizing chart (42), however, I found that 43's are perfect for me
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 1:10am
I think I've won $50 in gift cards at this military post while playing in vff's... so they're paying for themselves Wink
Gopse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gopse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2011 at 10:00pm
Manchester United jersey is inspired by the latest club the traditional red and black color, whilethe club into the classic style.
http://www.soccer-shoes-for-sale.com/nike-mercurial-soccer-shoes

Gracelynpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gracelynpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 3:19am
Indoor soccer shoes will probably be lightest and get you closest to the ground. Volleyball shoes are better on the knees while maintaining good lateral traction. I really like my Nike soccer shoes which were less than half the price of the best Butterfly shoes. Asics makes the Bty Energy force III shoes, so you could save the dough and get some Asic indoor soccer shoes.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 3:59am
mostly they don't have good cushioning.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
shirazir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirazir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

mostly they don't have good cushioning.

Not necessarily. The Ultra-Lite types are notorious for this, yes, but traditional full leather indoor shoes like the Tiempo series from Nike have plently of cushioning.

By the way, I've found the cheapest place to buy indoor soccer shoes to be www.prodirectsoccer.com
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2012 at 6:46am
I currently wear the Joma topflex indoor soccer shoes. Very light and nice shoes. The downside is that it's not a very durable shoes.
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2012 at 10:09am
Uhlsport Sala. You can see it on my latest videos. Only $80, very durable and comfortable !
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2012 at 11:21am
Yep, indoor Soccer shoes should do the trick.

I have Nike 5 GATO, they are perfect!
penholdloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2012 at 6:16pm
Joma topflex!
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2012 at 12:16am
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

To the op I say yes, yes & yes.
I've used two pair of Adidas Indoor soccer shoes. Just slightly narrow for me; otherwise, very solid.

These Diadora's should be on my doorstep shortly.

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to know where you got those Diadora shoe's? I really like the look of them.
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic