Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polish Open 2010 (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polish Open 2010 (video)
    Posted: 11/12/2010 at 9:24am
ittf showing polish open live now on ittv channel

www.ittf.com/itTV
Sponsored Links

yassermuslim View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yassermuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 9:56am
However, the VOD does not work, I wonder why????Angry
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 10:34am
Uh oh, Tiago the newly crowned by mttn king of european table tennis is down 3-1 in the 1st round to a young Japanese kid(qualifier). I think he needs to whip out those illegal serves like he did against Timo.
who no know go know
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 10:54am
Hi tried few dirty ones in 7th, but nothing helped :) OUT
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 10:54am
he just lost in the 7th game

naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 11:01am
Oh well....what was all the hype about? I mean, he beat Timo Boll, so what, upsets happen all the time, consistency is the key to true greatness...
who no know go know
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 11:29am
Overconfidence already setting in for Tiago LOL
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 11:47am
Toh noes! You mean just because you can beat top European players doesn't mean you won't get your ass whipped by any and all Asian players?

Also the other Portuguese player, Monteiro, lost to Paul Drinkhall, lol. Where's all the proud Portugese fanboys now!

Goinis beat his young Asian competition, Hongyuan Song. There's a looot of old people in this tournament...Eloi, Legout, Persson, Saive, etc 

Edited by Jonan - 11/12/2010 at 11:54am
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 11:49am
Guys don't forget - this is the video thread. Discussion would be better had in a general thread.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Guys don't forget - this is the video thread. Discussion would be better had in a general thread.

That's right, you can only comment on video related stuff, camera angle, quality, length, and post links. No commenting on the content of the video is allowed in any of these threads! Clearly! Just look at all the other threads for an example of how to behave in this one, like the USATT 2000 thread.

Edited by Jonan - 11/12/2010 at 11:58am
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 12:43pm
Any videos on YouTube yet?
Please post link.
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 2:59pm
Now live on ITTF is Li Jie -Bollmeyer (who leads 2-0 to my surprise).
Btw ,KASAHARA Hiromitsu(the guy who beat Tiago) made another victim ,Damien Eloi.Clap
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Toh noes! You mean just because you can beat top European players doesn't mean you won't get your ass whipped by any and all Asian players?

Also the other Portuguese player, Monteiro, lost to Paul Drinkhall, lol. Where's all the proud Portugese fanboys now!

Goinis beat his young Asian competition, Hongyuan Song. There's a looot of old people in this tournament...Eloi, Legout, Persson, Saive, etc 

whats up with all that portuguese bashing? what exactly is your problem? is that something to do with such a small country can produce more talent in 3 players than ur country can for decades and decades so u feel the need to critize them for just about anything u can? talking trash is easy... and thats really all u can do in this forum
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

Hi tried few dirty ones in 7th, but nothing helped :) OUT

damn u guys are just too stupid or too blind, im just curious, is that something ur born with or it take years of practice? ignorance is bliss...

Edited by rui pedro81 - 11/12/2010 at 5:37pm
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 5:39pm
pedro, cut them some slack. Since they haven't produced any talents of their own, they have decided that they can take pride in China's performance, so, let them enjoy the moment.

As for Thiago, he have been making good results for a long time and I'm sure more will come from him.
The holy grail
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 9:02pm
lol yeah i guess ur right :)
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by rui pedro81 rui pedro81 wrote:

whats up with all that portuguese bashing? what exactly is your problem? is that something to do with such a small country can produce more talent in 3 players than ur country can for decades and decades so u feel the need to critize them for just about anything u can? talking trash is easy... and thats really all u can do in this forum

Only reason I brought it up was because of all crap you guys were talkin in that thread about Tiago being the next greatest European tallent, and now he loses to a young nobody. Sooooo you talk sh*t when he does well, you get sh*t back when he doesn't, that's how it works, deal with it.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

pedro, cut them some slack. Since they haven't produced any talents of their own, they have decided that they can take pride in China's performance, so, let them enjoy the moment.

As for Thiago, he have been making good results for a long time and I'm sure more will come from him.

Hey, just like with Sweden, if you go back far enough into our history you can find good players who used to play for us. We HAD good players just like you used to, it was just longer ago. 
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 12:22am

Only reason I brought it up was because of all crap you guys were talkin in that thread about Tiago being the next greatest European tallent, and now he loses to a young nobody. Sooooo you talk sh*t when he does well, you get sh*t back when he doesn't, that's how it works, deal with it.

+1.

I'm sorry, but honestly- that's exactly how it goes.

Sorry we don't produce table tennis top professionals- by the time they (our promising juniors and cadets) are at the age that they need to go international, the lack of interest and funding in our country prevents that and as a result- they get no better. Then, their crappy unimportant and irrelevant Education gets in the way. Our bad..

It's just like when Tiago beat WLQ, pedro- all you had to say was how much better he was, yet I guarantee it wont ever happen again even if they play 30 times. Remember that?

Just like right now- Tiago lost to a japanese nobody. Remember though, It's okay for Tiago to just be having an off day, right?

hah..
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

I am just fine taking pride in china's performance. I have twice as many chinese friends as I do caucasian american friends, and I'm very familiar with their hard working and modest culture. Mandarin is rapidly over taking spanish as the second most common language in the US, it's starting to be taught in elementary schools. I love diversity, and I love culture. I love all of my chinese friends, because they are my friends.

I've never been trash talked by a chinese person, and I've never recieved a negative comment from a chinese player. Yet it seems a lot of other big table tennis countries aren't near the same, especially when faced with someone like, say, an American player. Every chinese player I've encountered is nothing but helpful, friendly, and polite. I usually become friends with them outside of table tennis.

It seems some other country's players have to compensate for the fact that china is much better than them by really really enjoying the fact that they are better than others, and making it welllll known. Especially when that's all someone can fall back on in the presence of an argument or issue. That's when you know they are really full of it.

I love table tennis, and it's fun. I have fun when I play it. I don't care if I'm world number 10, or US800 rated, it doesn't matter. I like playing. I don't need to feel like my country is better than someone elses to do that, either. I'll applaud talent and skill. By the same token, I'm not going to be dismissive when faced with inferiority or lack of skill with something that's not such a big thing. I'll try to be the same as my chinese friends were to me when we first met.

So, I'm fine taking pride when it comes to China's success in table tennis. Those players are my sports heros.

Edited by beeray1 - 11/13/2010 at 12:41am
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 1:36am
tiago is a good solid player. Almost perfect textbook right hand looper but he will never truly make it on a world level. way too generic.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 3:54am
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

tiago is a good solid player. Almost perfect textbook right hand looper but he will never truly make it on a world level. way too generic.

thiago is too young, and when you are young is easy to being downed ..on the other hand   ni xia liang from luxemburg has been playing since 1981  thats 30years  !!
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 7:10am

Why is everyone talking about Tiago Apolonia? He is a good player that has just been beaten by a young Japanese player. You should talk about Hiromitsu Kasahara instead who, as Ian Marshall says, brought Tiago Apolonia back down to earth.  Another one worthy of note is the fast attacking korean penholder Shim Se Rom. How often do you see a woman using the japanese penhold grip at an ITTF event?

Edited by ChichoFicho - 11/13/2010 at 7:12am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 9:04am
persson just lost 4-0 to smirnov

elcapitan_thfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elcapitan_thfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 10:08am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

Why is everyone talking about Tiago Apolonia? He is a good player that has just been beaten by a young Japanese player. You should talk about Hiromitsu Kasahara instead who, as Ian Marshall says, brought Tiago Apolonia back down to earth.  Another one worthy of note is the fast attacking korean penholder Shim Se Rom. How often do you see a woman using the japanese penhold grip at an ITTF event?

You guys are completely misinterpreting the point here. Tiago has not lost to a horrendously bad player. Kasahara has just demolished Prokopkov and is in the 1/4 final here. He is not a bad player by any stretch. Tiago is at a level of about 30 in the world. This is realistic. His wins against Boll and Liqin don't propel him to top 10 status, just in the same way that losing to Kasahara doesn't make him overrated and a bad player. Over time we will see how he develops as he is still relatively young, but for now he is no higher than about 30 in world level.

That is an unbelievably high level and especially for a country the size of Portugal to produce such a class of player
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V
Boost TX Forehand
Boost TC Backahnd
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 10:11am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

+1
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 12:19pm
Is Schlager playing?????
tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 1:05pm
no
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 2:32pm

and why exactly do u feel the need to talk sh*t about tiago uh?? jealousy or u just cant find something nice to talk about an US player? and u talk sh*t about all the other players that lose too? or ur insignifcant mind cant stand a portuguese player doing well and u have to trash him as soon as he loses? all ur posts are all about trashing and critizing something or someone, ur just too little and not worth any of my time... have fun being stupid :)

ps: sorry to the mods about these off topic posts, im done though Embarrassed

Edited by rui pedro81 - 11/13/2010 at 2:40pm
tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 2:56pm
Some videos from polish open are there http://www.youtube.com/user/kerkas26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic